Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455320 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Redundancies are starting to roll through now that the furlough period is starting to be eased, absolutely devastating for so many people :(

Not surprising.  Think companies have to start further funding Furlough from August.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
This is starting to look like another incompetence masterclass and there will be a massive public backlash against the government if it turns out that people are getting fucked about with lockdown because of a lack of transparency or incompetence, in my opinion.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely ridiculous, number of cases and deaths have increased compared to yesterday and same time last week, yet people will still be going to watch football down the pub come Saturday. Also the number of tests element is misleading on the one hand I think the government know that more testing will mean more new cases so aren’t testing enough. On the other hand you have people that would rather go the beach than getting a test done.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes I know anecdotally a few companies in sectors which aren't coming back anytime soon are starting work through this now, with the end of the furlough scheme on the horizon

My office is being decimated, and the jobs aren't coming back any time soon for my company.

Just waiting to find out if I will survive the cull.  :(

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
One of the Councillors from down south said that the data was very misleading and there is no comparison in his area to what is happening in Leicester, even though it was one of the 36 areas deemed at risk of having to have a local lock down.  Either the Government isn't sharing all the data with local councils, or there's a massive lag in data getting sent to them and they're not seeing both pillar 1 and pillar 2 data.  Either way, I just don't trust anything that comes from this Government.
I wasn't even referring to that or any particular instant when, earlier, I wrote:
As I acknowledged in my post. But the problem with testing is that the positive numbers depend upon how many people are tested, and who is tested. The more random the testing, the lower the positive rate. The more targeted the testing, the greater the positive rate. Then, there are varying problems with reliability of differing test kits, and it seems the result numbers are more open to fudging.
As for:
This is starting to look like another incompetence masterclass and there will be a massive public backlash against the government if it turns out that people are getting fucked about with lockdown because of a lack of transparency or incompetence, in my opinion.
I hope there is a backlash. There certainly deserves to be one.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
My office is being decimated, and the jobs aren't coming back any time soon for my company.

Shit, really sorry to hear that, just a horrible situation to go through, fingers crossed everything works out for you.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shit, really sorry to hear that, just a horrible situation to go through, fingers crossed everything works out for you.

Not sure how it is going to pan out for Aberdeen... the oil price has bounced back but the big players like Shell and BP are wrinting off their assets. This latest crash could be the final nail in the coffin.

EDIT: Thanks by the way.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 05:59:10 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I am amazed that the Data on the Leicester situation has only just become public. The data the government have been feeding us shows an improving picture but when you see the pillar2 on top it is clear that infections have been on the rise since May.
If this data reflects in other areas then the government have done as many suspected, and unlocked prematurely.
Even more worrying is Johnson’s barefaced lies about this data being shared. Rotherham and Burnham have both gone on record saying they can’t get the pillar 2 for their areas, and the Mayor of Leicester’s account flatly contradicts Johnson’s response in the house. Remember when misleading the house was a serious offence? No longer the case.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
To everyone whose jobs are impacted by Covid-19, remain positive, if you are unfortunate enough to lose your job, just remember there’s gonna be something better coming along soon. When one door closes another opens.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
To everyone whose jobs are impacted by Covid-19, remain positive, if you are unfortunate enough to lose your job, just remember there’s gonna be something better coming along soon. When one door closes another opens.

As long as you are qualified to work in the building sector, that is. ;)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Absolutely ridiculous, number of cases and deaths have increased compared to yesterday and same time last week, yet people will still be going to watch football down the pub come Saturday. Also the number of tests element is misleading on the one hand I think the government know that more testing will mean more new cases so aren’t testing enough. On the other hand you have people that would rather go the beach than getting a test done.

Yeah, to still be losing 170 odd people today is a bit concerning to put it mildly. By comparison last time Italy had a similar number was 6 weeks ago and they lost 23 yesterday.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

All the best mate, hope you'll be okay. No word from my work yet.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Except that's not the way things actually work, is it.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You see I like to think like that but in my case, I could lose my job, in a city that could be permanently fucked by this, with loads of people applying for every job going. On top of that I just bough my first house last year and could end up in negative equity leaving me unable to sell and relocate to find work elsewhere (though I was fortunate enough to be able to put down a fairly decent deposit so it will need be pretty bad for that to happen).

Mind you, I'm well aware there are plenty of people in much worse positions than I am in.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 06:04:30 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All the best mate, hope you'll be okay. No word from my work yet.

Cheers, good luck with your work as well.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Just seen the list, all over the place including parts of London, Yorkshire, Lancashire, the Midlands and north east. I hope Merseyside will not be joining this long list in the next two weeks.
Well, Wirral is at no.20, but with a much lower figure than Leicester at around weekly case rate of 20/100k and Sefton, St.Helens, Liverpool & Knowsley much further down the list. But, depends if those case numbers are on the increase or not.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
Except that's not the way things actually work, is it.

It’s about not thinking like that. Coming from an ethnic minority background, it’s always been harder to get a job for me. I Used to think like you say, around 3/4 years back. I then changed my mindset and it’s improved things a lot.  It might not be a job opportunity straight away, it may be a opportunity to learn a new skill or language which eventually leads to the new job.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
It’s about not thinking like that. Coming from an ethnic minority background, it’s always been harder to get a job for me. I Used to think like you say, around 3/4 years back. I then changed my mindset and it’s improved things a lot.  It might not be a job opportunity straight away, it may be a opportunity to learn a new skill or language which eventually leads to the new job.

A change of mindset and a new language won't help me if I lose my job and my landlord kicks me out, but go you! I'm glad things have worked out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They have struck a deal with a couple of generic drug manufacturers in India and Pakistan to make and supply the drug to 127 developing countries. Price will be something like $65 dollars per vial compared to the $520 per vial in the US. €520 per vial is the charge for US patients with commercial insurance, then $390 per vial for governments of developed countries and US patients on government healthcare. Think it’s 6 vials per treatment course.

Countries need to cancel the patent (legal to do so) and make it themselves now those twats the other side of the pond have bought it all up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
“We did in Leicester exactly what we did in Kirklees, Bradford or Weston-Super-Mare or other places where very effective whack-a-mole strategies have been put in place."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-blames-leicester-lockdown-22283638

What the fuck did they do in Kirklees or Bradford? WSM only closed a hospital, which is a decision that I presume would have been made by the local CCG rather than a decision made from the top of government.

• Legacy Fan
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-blames-leicester-lockdown-22283638

What the fuck did they do in Kirklees or Bradford? WSM only closed a hospital, which is a decision that I presume would have been made by the local CCG rather than a decision made from the top of government.

Gives Johnson a chance to repeat ad nauseum his latest moronic saying. Wack a mole for fuck sake.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
A change of mindset and a new language won't help me if I lose my job and my landlord kicks me out, but go you! I'm glad things have worked out.

Could you claim UC? Happy to help if you'd like any advice on your options if you were to lose your job. Offer is obviously extended to all.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 07:00:09 pm by Sammy5IsAlive »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There'll be no surprise that Barnsley and Rotherham are both under threat of locking down again.

The behaviour of people round here from day 1 has been a big fuck you to any restrictions.

Thankfully the town where I work has had very few cases and zero deaths.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Could you claim UC? Happy to help if you'd like any advice on your options if you were to lose your job.

Thanks mate. I don't know how it'd work as I live with my partner, I haven't looked into the worst case scenario too much because I get overwhelmed with anxiety a lot. Last I heard from work sales were up a bit so I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks I'll have good news rather than bad. If I do need help I'll let you know, thank you again.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
Thanks mate. I don't know how it'd work as I live with my partner, I haven't looked into the worst case scenario too much because I get overwhelmed with anxiety a lot. Last I heard from work sales were up a bit so I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks I'll have good news rather than bad. If I do need help I'll let you know, thank you again.

No worries, fingers xed that you get good news.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
Gives Johnson a chance to repeat ad nauseum his latest moronic saying. Wack a mole for fuck sake.
Don't forget,"Build build build for jobs jobs jobs".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

• Legacy Fan
Don't forget,"Build build build for jobs jobs jobs".

That's hard work for him, six words rather than the usual three.

He'll need a nap after all that hard work.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
A bit of comfort at least we're not the Yanks.  :D

Give Boris Trump long enough and we soon will be.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
That's hard work for him, six words rather than the usual three.

He'll need a nap after all that hard work.
Yeah he noticeably can't even manage to punch the air when he says it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Public Health England's report on Leicester: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/897128/COVID-19_activity_Leicester_Final-report_010720_v3.pdf

Were some questions about where Liverpool is at, and the report does make a comparison per 100k population from 1st to 24th June. Leicester was up at 420.6, Liverpool at 24.3. Liverpool's TOTAL recorded cases of coronavirus is only a bit more than Leicester's is just for those June dates at 476.3 per 100k population (Leicester at 932.5 total).
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 07:16:10 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Kirklees was the meat factory that was shut wasn't it? Not really in the same ball park as locking down a city.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Countries need to cancel the patent (legal to do so) and make it themselves now those twats the other side of the pond have bought it all up.

Could well happen. Suspect not for this particular drug at this time though, would open a whole can of worms. Now if it was proven to statistically reduce mortality along with hospital time, that would change things.

The company that makes Lopinavir/ritonavir have actually waived any restrictions on its patent that prevents generic companies from supplying it. They did that back in March, unfortunately the Oxford Recovery trial (same one dexamethasone result came from) announced yesterday that it showed no clinical benefit in their trial, which was a shame. One upside of the waiving of its patent for this pandemic though is better access to the drug for HIV treatment.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I am amazed that the Data on the Leicester situation has only just become public. The data the government have been feeding us shows an improving picture but when you see the pillar2 on top it is clear that infections have been on the rise since May.
If this data reflects in other areas then the government have done as many suspected, and unlocked prematurely.
Even more worrying is Johnson’s barefaced lies about this data being shared. Rotherham and Burnham have both gone on record saying they can’t get the pillar 2 for their areas, and the Mayor of Leicester’s account flatly contradicts Johnson’s response in the house. Remember when misleading the house was a serious offence? No longer the case.
Leicestershire only started getting the pillar 2 data on the 25th June.  I'd expect they were prioritised due to circling the city being locked down and, as it turns out, having considerable chunks of their own area locked down also.

I've not heard any other areas commenting on their pillar 2 data which suggests that it's still not being made widely available.  It doesn't sound like it's an issue of getting hold of the data either as Hancock blurted out the news about Leicester well before the Public Health officials in Leicester had even an inkling there was an issue.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
It’s been released by PHE this evening, albeit a week out of dat for England.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53253722

So the plan for schools in Sept is basically “back to normal”.

Social distancing won’t be a thing (screw teachers and their families) and whole year groups will be considered a bubble. I mean ignoring the fact families are often made up of kids of multiple ages and that a huge proportion travel to school via buses which will be mixed.

Are classrooms going to have to be designated for only one year group to avoid transfer from touching desks, etc?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Leicestershire only started getting the pillar 2 data on the 25th June.  I'd expect they were prioritised due to circling the city being locked down and, as it turns out, having considerable chunks of their own area locked down also.

I've not heard any other areas commenting on their pillar 2 data which suggests that it's still not being made widely available.  It doesn't sound like it's an issue of getting hold of the data either as Hancock blurted out the news about Leicester well before the Public Health officials in Leicester had even an inkling there was an issue.

Burnham was tweeting about the media getting briefed on these figures before he has seen them, because health organisations in Oldham etc are asking him why there is media speculation on lockdown when the govt testing figures (Pillar 1) are showing a decline.
Like most of Cummings work, he uses the media and selective leaks to prepare people’s minds so that when it happens it’s “old news”.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Guys, It's fine. We're being told to go to the pub and raise a glass on Saturday

It's just 43,906 deaths. Lets raise a glass.....   :butt :butt

• Legacy Fan
Guys, It's fine. We're being told to go to the pub and raise a glass on Saturday

It's just 43,906 deaths. Lets raise a glass.....   :butt :butt

And that picture from HM Treasury looks like a Pimms or some other metropolitan elite drink.

Not that type of thing Tim Weatherspoon's lot will be pouring down their neck at 0900 on Sarutrday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Mother of god.

Ive just read the guidance for schools.

There’s no guidance at all.

I literally have no idea how we’re going to do it.  Half of the time I dont even know what they want.

I dont know where to even start
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W