Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2060695 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14400 on: April 4, 2020, 02:50:33 pm »
Why do you think it's a farce?
I've literally no idea what they'll do to be honest. As I said, I'm just totally guessing.
They could well wipe all credits for games that are played behind closed doors. That will obviously reduce the numbers required to be guaranteed for the next time fans are allowed to attend games, which could bring it's own issues.

Because you can’t get a credit for going to a game that didn’t exist.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14401 on: April 4, 2020, 03:20:13 pm »
Haha fuck off

Knew you'd be the first to reply :lmao

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14402 on: April 4, 2020, 04:01:06 pm »
Because you can’t get a credit for going to a game that didn’t exist.

The game will exist. You just wont be able to attend it through no fault of your own.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14403 on: April 4, 2020, 05:01:08 pm »
The game will exist. You just wont be able to attend it through no fault of your own.

So you didn't attend then. Pretty logical.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14404 on: April 4, 2020, 05:41:29 pm »

It's both fair and unfair.

Can genuinely see both sides.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14405 on: April 4, 2020, 06:52:48 pm »

And if they do away with the credits for those games, anyone that fought for months in the late sales to get to 13 or 14 will have done it for nothing as they'll be dumped back down to 9 or 10 and likely miss out on next seasons guaranteed sale. As I said above, no matter what they do, someone is going to be pissed off about it 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14406 on: April 4, 2020, 07:40:53 pm »
Agree Barney, the most simplistic scenario is to honour credits people have paid the club for. Logistically this certainly makes sense.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14407 on: April 5, 2020, 02:50:36 pm »
It's both fair and unfair.

Can genuinely see both sides.

then give a half credit as they’d be refunded for a game that was cancelled for reasons beyond their control, and stagger the sales next season at say 13/11/9/4 for cat As and 13/11/9/free for all for the others

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14408 on: April 5, 2020, 04:28:56 pm »
then give a half credit as they’d be refunded for a game that was cancelled for reasons beyond their control, and stagger the sales next season at say 13/11/9/4 for cat As and 13/11/9/free for all for the others

I’m on 8 so wouldn’t be happy with that haha

Might’ve got more credits with the rest of the season to play

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #14409 on: April 5, 2020, 04:39:59 pm »
Maybe the best thing is honour all credits sold and add an additional sale between 13 and 4, maybe 9?

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14410 on: April 5, 2020, 04:58:43 pm »
Maybe the best thing is honour all credits sold and add an additional sale between 13 and 4, maybe 9?

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
have a sale for those with 13+ From the 15 played, then 13+ for people who would have that with the 4 games that won’t be played and go from there, then do the priority down from people who hit the criteria for the games played and those who would have with the games played?

And for full disclosure I’m on 13 from the 15 played and have none for the remaining games

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14411 on: April 5, 2020, 05:09:42 pm »

May be 8/9  ;D

Seriously, no idea how they’re gonna make the decision. I’d be happy to watch all of the next season on tv providing that we can get through this one.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #14412 on: April 5, 2020, 06:19:52 pm »
As I understood it it’s 13+ and after that a ballot for all remaining tickets? But hopefully LA sales as well?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14413 on: April 5, 2020, 06:56:40 pm »
As I understood it it’s 13+ and after that a ballot for all remaining tickets? But hopefully LA sales as well?
surely it’s not free for all for the cat a games after 13+, as that is massively asking for trouble

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14414 on: April 5, 2020, 07:59:33 pm »
surely it’s not free for all for the cat a games after 13+, as that is massively asking for trouble

Imagine the cat A are just a 4+ ballot that's a free for all

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14415 on: April 5, 2020, 10:08:38 pm »
I would like my money back now for the tickets bought; after all its only business..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14416 on: April 5, 2020, 10:21:43 pm »
I would like my money back now for the tickets bought; after all its only business..

If you requested a refund I imagine you’d get one.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14417 on: April 6, 2020, 01:05:05 am »
unless you need the money I’d wait

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #14418 on: April 6, 2020, 04:35:20 am »
The fairest thing to do is refunds and wipe credits and move the guaranteed number to 9+, this means anyone who would've got to 13+ with any of the last 4 games is covered, but also means people who didn't get a chance to buy tickets for these games aren't left out.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14419 on: April 6, 2020, 06:42:11 am »
The fairest thing to do is refunds and wipe credits and move the guaranteed number to 9+, this means anyone who would've got to 13+ with any of the last 4 games is covered, but also means people who didn't get a chance to buy tickets for these games aren't left out.

Only works if 9+ is less than the tickets available, it appears many are close to getting 13+ for the first time this year reading these forums so I doubt they can do that.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14420 on: April 6, 2020, 07:49:49 am »
Only works if 9+ is less than the tickets available, it appears many are close to getting 13+ for the first time this year reading these forums so I doubt they can do that.
but if they had 13+ already then they would've been accomdated, its unfair to take 13 out of 15 games when there should've been 19 on sale

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14421 on: April 6, 2020, 08:55:04 am »
Been thinking about both sides of this.
I really don't think they will retain credits for the unplayed games if they are played behind closed doors. You'll get a refund and the credit will be taken away. The 13+ for guaranteed games will be lowered slightly though (whether they can go as low as 9 or not I don't know).

As 'unfair' as it is, the games won't have any supporters in so I don't see how they can retain the credits. If someone bough Palace, Burnley, Villa & 1 other game this season you think they should go into the 4+ ballot for next season when only one of those games was actually played? Nah.

That's just my thought though and I doubt it'll even be what happens.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14422 on: April 6, 2020, 09:10:05 am »
Been thinking about both sides of this.
I really don't think they will retain credits for the unplayed games if they are played behind closed doors. You'll get a refund and the credit will be taken away. The 13+ for guaranteed games will be lowered slightly though (whether they can go as low as 9 or not I don't know).

As 'unfair' as it is, the games won't have any supporters in so I don't see how they can retain the credits. If someone bough Palace, Burnley, Villa & 1 other game this season you think they should go into the 4+ ballot for next season when only one of those games was actually played? Nah.

Very good point that.

Everyone on 0 credits could argue they should all be in the 4+ for next season in the scenario suggested above.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #14423 on: April 6, 2020, 09:11:15 am »
There are lots of people who already have 13, myself included. I don't agree that they should be put in the same sale as people who only may have got the other 4 games.
There will also be people on 9 who wouldn't have qualified for Chelsea and wouldn't have been able to get to 13. The fairest way is having a staggered sale for 9+ if they qualified for Chelsea after the 13 sale.
Already been said but they can't please everyone.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14424 on: April 6, 2020, 10:26:46 am »
Yeah it's a minefield really. Won't get any answers to it for a long time either. Selfishly if they drop it to 12+ for next season then I'll be sorted so I'm taking that small crumb of comfort.

Makes the Spurs ticket I managed to basket but couldn't checkout with all the more of a nightmare, mind.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14425 on: April 6, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »
but if they had 13+ already then they would've been accomdated, its unfair to take 13 out of 15 games when there should've been 19 on sale

yes but what if those already have 13+ plus is the same number as last year?  Which if everyone in the 13 plus sale bought for every game then they would be on 14 out of the 15 played.

So saying lets reduced the credits required may not work.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14426 on: April 6, 2020, 08:07:24 pm »
yes but what if those already have 13+ plus is the same number as last year?  Which if everyone in the 13 plus sale bought for every game then they would be on 14 out of the 15 played.

So saying lets reduced the credits required may not work.

There can't be the same amount can there? What with the fan update culling a certain number?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14427 on: April 6, 2020, 09:09:35 pm »
There can't be the same amount can there? What with the fan update culling a certain number?

Off course there can, there will those that got to 13 in the 15 games too.  But considering we don't have any firm numbers on the fan update from the club who knows what potential reduction of number it could be.

I just cannot see it dropping 5 credits.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14428 on: April 6, 2020, 09:40:44 pm »

But those people have done the "hard work" and got those tickets and presumably would have gone to the games, it's not their fault they might now not get to go. If those are taken off them then they're back down on 1 with people who either hadn't managed to get any more, hadn't bothered trying or weren't going to and were happy with just the 1 credit.

I'm on 19 (or 15!) so it possibly doesn't really affect me but if I was on a lower number and it meant I'd be dropped to a lower bulk sale level when I'd worked my arse off to get tickets and then got fucked over by a virus outside my control I'd be devastated. If I was on 4 that I'd attended, like you say above as an example, I'd honestly be happy for those with 4 but who had only been able to attend 1 to still count as having 4 as I'd know they'd put the work in to get those tickets.

Like you say though, whatever they do will upset half of us! Your point of view all depends on how lucky you were in the bulk/late sales I imagine!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14429 on: April 7, 2020, 09:54:07 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if the club said you can keep the credit, if we can keep your cash!!

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #14430 on: April 7, 2020, 12:01:15 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if the club said you can keep the credit, if we can keep your cash!!
That would be shit but i'd settle for it.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14431 on: April 7, 2020, 12:13:57 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if the club said you can keep the credit, if we can keep your cash, and then apologise two days later and let people keep the credit and get a full refund

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14432 on: April 7, 2020, 01:21:30 pm »
this would be the worst idea they could have tbf so probably what they'll go for

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14433 on: April 7, 2020, 01:37:57 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #14434 on: April 10, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
This might be slightly off topic, but what will happen with the annual membership fee? Mine is due on May 20th for next season which automatically renews. With this season suspended and not over yet, will they still take the membership fee for next season in May?

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14435 on: April 10, 2020, 09:47:44 pm »
This might be slightly off topic, but what will happen with the annual membership fee? Mine is due on May 20th for next season which automatically renews. With this season suspended and not over yet, will they still take the membership fee for next season in May?

I doubt it, at this rate we won’t know what next season will look like. They’ll have to postpone until this campaign comes to an end

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14436 on: April 11, 2020, 04:32:31 pm »
Interesting idea on the latest TAW podcast about if clubs have already spent the ticket money they'd have to refund, suggesting those with the tickets are automatically given a ticket for the corresponding game next season (and if Villa were relegated then a promoted team instead). No doubt that wouldn't go down well with people without tickets though!

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #14437 on: April 11, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »
Interesting idea on the latest TAW podcast about if clubs have already spent the ticket money they'd have to refund, suggesting those with the tickets are automatically given a ticket for the corresponding game next season (and if Villa were relegated then a promoted team instead). No doubt that wouldn't go down well with people without tickets though!

I quite like that idea, but thats to suit my own interests really, as I imsgine with this ballot process thats in for next season it will be more difficult to get tickets.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #14438 on: April 11, 2020, 07:51:09 pm »
Mad how everyone was grinding away for tickets to reach magical 13+

Wonder what's going to happen now?

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #14439 on: April 13, 2020, 09:15:13 am »
Fuck