Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2492071 times)

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #2760 on: August 2, 2020, 12:51:14 pm »

I genuinely think it’s an extremely difficult problem for the club... a high class problem for sure ... but tough really tough to balance continued sporting excellence with the longer term health of the club and its finite resources

I completely agree. And with so many demanding competitions I think it's all the more reason to have some quality coming through. It also raises the game of our existing players, knowing they have competition.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #2761 on: August 2, 2020, 12:55:10 pm »
Assuming their mobility does drop. There are cases where this isn’t the case.

To be fair that's rare. Even someone like insanely fit Ronaldo now plays centrally. Mane and Salah will become less mobile and slower. The question is when and being prepared for it. I suppose that is where the statisticians on the pay roll will come in.   
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2762 on: August 2, 2020, 01:06:43 pm »
Don't forget 'monitoring' as in Everton 'monitoring' ....insert unlikely candidate's name here.

ah yes. Also 'Well placed to make a move' and 'preparing to pull the trigger'

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2763 on: August 2, 2020, 01:18:00 pm »
I'm sure this was said a few pages ago but I've been working over the weekend. 41m for relegated Nathan Ake is exactly why we are trying so hard to be frugal in the current market. That's up there in inflated prices with 16m for Charlie Adam in 2011 purely cos he had a left foot.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2764 on: August 2, 2020, 01:21:01 pm »
That's up there in inflated prices with 16m for Charlie Adam in 2011 purely cos he had a left foot.

He cost us about £7m didn’t he?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2765 on: August 2, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
£7m! Not sure what I was remembering. That was a bad summer.

We still paid too much ;D

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2766 on: August 2, 2020, 01:40:58 pm »
What kind of TV is it?

Depends which room I’m in at the time!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2767 on: August 2, 2020, 01:44:46 pm »
£7m! Not sure what I was remembering. That was a bad summer.

We still paid too much ;D

Downing cost 16 mill, he was shite too  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2768 on: August 2, 2020, 01:53:12 pm »
Firmino - 1991
Salah - 1992
Mane - 1992
Son - 1992

None of these players will turn 30 before October 2021. Why would anyone be worried about them aging? They have just entered their peak years. That means at least another 3-4 seasons of domination.

The issue is not with the first three, albeit your claim that they have just entered their peak seems a little optimistic, it is about the idea of adding another player who is in the same age profile and would thus need replacing in a similar timeframe and so looking for somebody a bit younger makes far more sense because even if you had the money at the time, it is still better not to have to replace a bunch of players at once when you can do it far more gradually instead.

Those who keep bringing up whatever examples of players going well into their 30's have to realise that those on here advocating for a new attacking signing are not doing so because they expect any of the three to suddenly fall of a cliff as far as form, but because it is far easier for a club with finite resources to gradually sign potential replacements and in our case especially so right now since everyone wants to play for Klopp-led league champions unless they are purely after a payday.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2020, 02:03:06 pm by Skeeve »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2769 on: August 2, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »
Robben was injury prone before he hit 30. Ribery had injury issues before he hit 30 as well. In any case, they didn't drop off the face of the earth when they did turn 30.

There are plenty of other attacking players who continued to play well, if they avoided injuries, into their 30s.

But the way people talk about our front 3, is as if they're already in their 30s and are past their best.

Never ever have I ever seen this discussion take place any time before about any club, except for us, including our own supporters. It's weird really.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: August 2, 2020, 02:20:27 pm »
Depends which room I’m in at the time!

Get a load of Mr 'I've got more than one TV' billy big bollocks over here...

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #2771 on: August 2, 2020, 02:44:26 pm »
I'm sure this was said a few pages ago but I've been working over the weekend. 41m for relegated Nathan Ake is exactly why we are trying so hard to be frugal in the current market. That's up there in inflated prices with 16m for Charlie Adam in 2011 purely cos he had a left foot.

It was supposed to be a reduced market, it just seems that prices will remain as they have since the Neymar deal.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: August 2, 2020, 03:08:59 pm »
Reports are going around today we and Wolves are after Sarr and Watford could sell for 30 million.  Big brother Sadio do your thing.  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: August 2, 2020, 03:13:05 pm »
Reports are going around today we and Wolves are after Sarr and Watford could sell for 30 million.  Big brother Sadio do your thing.  ;D

Which obscure source/twitter user is this from Samie?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: August 2, 2020, 03:14:13 pm »
The always reliable Sports Mole.  ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2775 on: August 2, 2020, 03:18:31 pm »
Sarr would be ideal for us, apart from the whole Afcon thing. Even with that, he'd still be a pretty good acquisition, and maybe they'll decide to shift that tournament to the summer months finally, who knows? Was ace against us, obviously.

Oh, it was Sports Mole? Pretty much a done deal then. Lovely.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: August 2, 2020, 03:21:39 pm »
The always reliable Sports Mole.  ;D

Oh right. In that case, welcome Ismaila!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: August 2, 2020, 03:28:04 pm »
I'd personally be happy with a proper LB for cover/rotation and likewise a WF.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2778 on: August 2, 2020, 03:30:04 pm »
Don't want Sarr.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2779 on: August 2, 2020, 03:38:21 pm »
He looks a bit bambi on ice to me, a far cry from a young sadio who absolutely terrorised us singlehanded on multiple occasions at Southampton. Sarr seems more Kanu like in the way he moves, doesn’t have that low centre of gravity we seem to like upfront. But then what do I know really?

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #2780 on: August 2, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »
Don't want Sarr.

Me neither!! Only decent game I’ve seen him play was against us at Vicarage Road!,

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2781 on: August 2, 2020, 04:03:41 pm »
Don't want Sarr.
He looks alright. I don't think he is better than Origi, definitely still a massive drop off from Salah or Mane.

I think everyone is just going to link us with every decent player from a relegated side due to our history of making these kind of signings. Only one I'd really like is Buendia.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2782 on: August 2, 2020, 04:12:19 pm »
No thanks on Sarr. Looks like a speedster who plays most effectively on the break, but without the technique or skill to reach the top level.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2783 on: August 2, 2020, 04:13:34 pm »
Reports areShite going around on Twitter today we and Wolves are after Sarr and Watford could sell for 30 million.  Big brother Sadio do your thing.  ;D

Sorted for you  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: August 2, 2020, 04:17:30 pm »
Why you doubting Sports Mole mate?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2785 on: August 2, 2020, 04:18:22 pm »
Why you doubting Sports Mole mate?

Well he’s blind and lives under ground.

« Reply #2786 on: August 2, 2020, 04:24:18 pm »
If he wasnt leaving for Roma, Pedro would have been a great backup for Salah and Mane.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2787 on: August 2, 2020, 04:38:42 pm »
£30 million for Sarr (I think we’d probably be creative with add ons etc) wouldn’t be too bad. He’s definitely got the raw tools
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2788 on: August 2, 2020, 04:46:04 pm »
Not convinced by Sarr at all.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2789 on: August 2, 2020, 04:47:45 pm »
Not convinced by Sarr at all.
He’s got potential,....  but I’m not sure how high his ceiling is...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: August 2, 2020, 04:50:26 pm »
Marcos Thuram imo would be a better choice given the money may be similar.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2791 on: August 2, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »
He’s got potential,....  but I’m not sure how high his ceiling is...

He's not in the elite bracket yet.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2792 on: August 2, 2020, 04:53:29 pm »
I think Lloyd Kelly makes too much sense to not try and do it IF Bournemouth are willing to not be silly with the price. Covers CB and LB. Like having another Gomez for the opposite side but Kelly is a much better full back by all accounts.

As for a new wide man i'd love for us to try and get Ryan Sessegnon. Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him and Spurs might need the cash with no CL and the Stadium to pay for. Could also cover at LB.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: August 2, 2020, 04:56:35 pm »

I would be very surprised if you could get Thuram for 30 million

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2794 on: August 2, 2020, 04:56:37 pm »
I think Lloyd Kelly makes too much sense to not try and do it IF Bournemouth are willing to not be silly with the price. Covers CB and LB. Like having another Gomez for the opposite side but Kelly is a much better full back by all accounts.

As for a new wide man i'd love for us to try and get Ryan Sessegnon. Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him and Spurs might need the cash with no CL and the Stadium to pay for. Could also cover at LB.
Swap Kelly for Wilson.  Deal done.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: August 2, 2020, 04:57:15 pm »

I don't think he's ready for us, he's really not as good as people raved about.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: August 2, 2020, 05:05:50 pm »
Yeah I don't see the point in Kelly. The biggest complaint Bournemouth and Bristol City fans have had about him is being shit with the ball, hardly ideal for a Liverpool full back and at CB he'll basically never play unless Van Dijk is injured so seems a bit of a waste of time.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2797 on: August 2, 2020, 05:06:23 pm »

Marcus Thuram would cost well more than Sarr. Gladbach have CL football next year and he'd cost well more than £30m

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: August 2, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »
Yeah I don't see the point in Kelly. The biggest complaint Bournemouth and Bristol City fans have had about him is being shit with the ball, hardly ideal for a Liverpool full back and at CB he'll basically never play unless Van Dijk is injured so seems a bit of a waste of time.

Which is why being able to play a second position would be a plus for anybody we bring in as 4th choice CB. And the position we need cover in is LB. So i guy who plays both is perfect for our squad. Whether is be Kelly or somebody else.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2799 on: August 2, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
Which is why being able to play a second position would be a plus for anybody we bring in as 4th choice CB. And the position we need cover in is LB. So i guy who plays both is perfect for our squad. Whether is be Kelly or somebody else.

If he plays at LB I imagine he plays like a CB playing at LB though, no? Which is still kinda the point.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.