Author Topic: CL: L’pool 3 vsPSG 2 30' Studge 35' Milner ‘91 Bobby ‘40Meunier ‘83 Mbappé  (Read 49666 times)

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A bit rabiotic in his movments. A bit like a rabiot in headlights at times.
what adrien of a post.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
So that's Tottenham and PSG with two big fucking checks. Bring them all on.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Amazing game and an amazing performance by the Reds in Europe. Since Klopp took over us our European record has been great (albeit the 2016/17 season we were not in Europe). A number of nights for fans to remember (Dortmund, Villarreal, Porto (a), City, Roma). Last night sits alongside those games.

The reason I mention this is that I got a few texts of match going friends last night that seemed to suggest 'decent result but performance wasn't great'. I was bit shocked. Thought we played really well though we aren't fully clicking in the final 3rd. Maybe it's a case of people not trying to get carried away. My personal fear is that people are becoming accustomed to these type of European performances. It's becoming the norm and if we aren't blowing teams away then people aren't waxing lyrical about the results or performance. We saw the same under Rafa. Not necessarily about blowing team away but people thinking QF/SF of the CL was the norm.

Here's our European record between Rafa and Klopp:

2010/11 Europa League L16 knocked out by Braga
2011/12 DNQ
2012/13 Europa League L32 knocked out by Zenit
2013/14 DNQ
2014/15 CL 3rd in Group stage, Europa League L32 knocked out by Beşiktaş

Since then Europa League runners up, DNQ and CL runners up.

There's an absolute stark difference in our performances in Europe under Rafa/Klopp and the interim period. We should enjoy it while it lasts since you never know what is around the corner.
Spot on.
:D

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Was it discussed how the other match being a draw really changes the complexion of the group?

Two wins and a draw from the remaining 5 games almost certainly sees us through.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
Was it discussed how the other match being a draw really changes the complexion of the group?

Two wins and a draw from the remaining 5 games almost certainly sees us through.

Indeed...just a massive 3 pts last night.  Simply huge.  No easy away matches but we will get points there and more at Anfield. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Yep. I said yesterday could not have gone better. By game 4 we could be throughand that would rightly mean a strong team for Napoli.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I think last nights game was an indication of how our game management is improving. Last season we tended to look to blow teams away and then grimly hang on at the end. Our ability to retain the ball has markedly improved with the Alisson, VVD and Gomez triangle at the back. Plus our pressing has become more intelligent.

I thought it was incredibly impressive that we had the energy to pen such a quality team in and dominate them so late in the game.

The other thing is the belief that courses through the team, including our last 4 friendlies against City, United, Napoli and Torino that is now 10 wins on the spin. We look like a team that expects to win but crucially has the desire and work rate to make sure that happens.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
The reason I mention this is that I got a few texts of match going friends last night that seemed to suggest 'decent result but performance wasn't great'. I was bit shocked.

Game should have been 3-0 without question.  Cavani was off for their first and Salah's should have stood.  Based on what I watched if 3-0 at 80' they would have quit. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great final result and overall a great performance. BUT we should never have let them back in. Must admit I thought that it was going to be like last season when we threw leads away- almost was. Lets face it we all thought that !

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
really?  ;D

I mean, it doesn't shock me, cos Tuchel will fall out with EVERYONE, but 3 months would be incredible even by his standards. It was about 8 months before he started pissing people off at Dortmund.
to be fair that squad is massively imbalanced and they spent a wedge on a CB when they’ve got three good ones and need a CM/DM, but still ;D

Offline Senjak Boys

• Kemlynite
  • Crvena Zvezda - Champions of Europe
Maybe - don't know a great deal about Ultras to be honest - but I'm guessing it's more about the spectacle ?

Anyway love this one doing the rounds  ;D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1042372799548010496

First off, congratulations on the big victory. Was really happy for Firmino to put those ..... in their place.

For the second question, there is a stark difference to the Ultra Tifo culture in continental Europe and the English experience. The expectation for most Ultras is to not stop singing for 90 minutes. That's why the drum is important. However, the best Ultra groups, at least for me, understand the nature of the game and the way it's going and when it's the time for the drum to explode. That's when the fans break out in full song, however the expectation is that you're singing all match.

The somewhat worse Ultra groups sound the same for 90 minutes which sounds like the case yesterday.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
The other thing is the belief that courses through the team, including our last 4 friendlies against City, United, Napoli and Torino that is now 10 wins on the spin. We look like a team that expects to win but crucially has the desire and work rate to make sure that happens.
There's also so much in reserve.  Like last season I think we'll be better in the second half once we finally land on our best midfield combination that will elevate the rest of the team.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
Because if he's allowed to go for it, there's literally nothing he can do once he gets to the ball to avoid colliding with the keeper, there's no way he can get the ball and then a split second later pull his leg away to avoid the keeper.

To me it's a stupid rule.

I can understand if the keeper gets there first and he nuts the keeper and the ball comes lose, but the other way round at that speed, nah.

Let's turn it around. Keeper slides in with his hands, gets there first but in the same action takes the striker out?
Keepers are a protected species.
Keepers are allowed to go to ground without consequence if he touches the ball first. Seems rule doesn't apply to outfield players.
I can understand it given either way.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
What a fucking team we are. Made that shower look a shambles. Well in reds
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Let's turn it around. Keeper slides in with his hands, gets there first but in the same action takes the striker out?
Keepers are a protected species.
Keepers are allowed to go to ground without consequence if he touches the ball first. Seems rule doesn't apply to outfield players.
I can understand it given either way.

It's all in the LOTG, boys and girls :D

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

charges
    jumps at
    kicks or attempts to kick
    pushes
    strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
    tackles or challenges
    trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
    Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
    Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
It's all in the LOTG, boys and girls :D

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

charges
    jumps at
    kicks or attempts to kick
    pushes
    strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
    tackles or challenges
    trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
    Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
    Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

All of which is fairly subjective, but as Sturridge is probably still digging pieces of scrotum out of his bootsole, you can see where the ref was coming from.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
By the way, who remembers Emre Can?

I remember Can the Can and Suzy
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
Just fucking say- "We were beaten by a better side on the day."
That's all! Not this logical/not correct/strange bullshit.

The irony is that it´s the logical way to look at it. :P

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
First off, congratulations on the big victory. Was really happy for Firmino to put those ..... in their place.

For the second question, there is a stark difference to the Ultra Tifo culture in continental Europe and the English experience. The expectation for most Ultras is to not stop singing for 90 minutes. That's why the drum is important. However, the best Ultra groups, at least for me, understand the nature of the game and the way it's going and when it's the time for the drum to explode. That's when the fans break out in full song, however the expectation is that you're singing all match.

The somewhat worse Ultra groups sound the same for 90 minutes which sounds like the case yesterday.

Great result for your boy's as well, you could have nicked it at the end too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
I thought their fans seemed strangely uninterested in the game last night

All they seemed bothered about was jumping up and down to that annoying fcuking drum.

They created a decent atmosphere fair enough, but if you come all that way...

Yeah, he was doing my fucking head in that prat! And why was he allowed into the ground with it anyway? If that isn't an offensive weapon I don't know what is. Could have been worse though I suppose, he could have been accompanied by accordion and bagpipes.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
What a game last night was! We're not firing on all cylinders yet, but still doing the business. I was so pleased for Danny, I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing his dance.

Bobby though...  :-*

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Surprised to see it so statistically close. Everyone could see we were the better side.
It's based on shots taken. It does not count the times our final ball was off.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, he was doing my fucking head in that prat! And why was he allowed into the ground with it anyway? If that isn't an offensive weapon I don't know what is. Could have been worse though I suppose, he could have been accompanied by accordion and bagpipes.

How about if it was accompanied by Vuvuzela?

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Loved the way we went for the win after PSG's equaliser. A draw wouldn't have been a devastating result in the group stages, disappointing after being 2-0 up, but not the end of the world.

Don't you just love Bobby. As I was walking out of the Kop at the end a couple of guys were singing

"He scores with one eye, he scores with one eye, Bobby Firmino, he scores with one eye."  Class

Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
It’s hard to describe the feeling I have when watching us play in recent times. A subtle sense of pride perhaps? It’s a goddamn good feeling. The baby reds have all grown up

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think last nights game was an indication of how our game management is improving. Last season we tended to look to blow teams away and then grimly hang on at the end. Our ability to retain the ball has markedly improved with the Alisson, VVD and Gomez triangle at the back. Plus our pressing has become more intelligent.

I thought it was incredibly impressive that we had the energy to pen such a quality team in and dominate them so late in the game.

Al, I'm very quietly confident about the team these days, which says something given my normally cynical nature. This team really has something about it and with another attacking signing in the winter window, I think could go up another gear, and win a couple of those elusive titles.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Fekir's dodgy knee is holding up, the way he closed down the City player, stole the ball and went on to score looked a lot like a Liverpool player to me

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fekir's dodgy knee is holding up, the way he closed down the City player, stole the ball and went on to score looked a lot like a Liverpool player to me

I had the exact same thought. :(
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan

Throw in a lower bid in January and see what happens?

Offline cskay

• Boys Pen

May be too early for these calls but if we top our group and spurs come 2nd in theirs, we have 50% chance of getting 2nd placed team from group D in round of 16.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
May be too early for these calls but if we top our group and spurs come 2nd in theirs, we have 50% chance of getting 2nd placed team from group D in round of 16.

Yes please, though I’d probably dry to feel sorry for Porto by that point

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan

If we top our group we can get any of the 2nd place sides, bar English teams and whoever finishes 2nd in our group. So that's potentially 4 groups if all the English sides finish 2nd is it not?

Offline Bagalali

• Boys Pen
Liverpool were kept silent while the match was playing. The voice of the Psg supporters was high. :no

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool were kept silent while the match was playing. The voice of the Psg supporters was high. :no

:lmao

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Haha maybe on TV but not everything on tv is real

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Maybe it's just a first game, but I think it's a big result, honestly. Not saying PSG are surely one of the best teams in the world, but when you are facing Neymar and Mbappe, an ugly 1-0 win already put a smile on face...
And it's not a boring game when two-nil lead at Anfield and Mbappe equalised in the 83rd minute, late game... Obviously it shows we have so much quality.

p/s: Fekir!!!  ;D  ;D Hahahahha!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."

8)  8)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:21:47 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

THAT'S your first post here?  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hello Jean-Claude, welcome to the forum
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Hi there, what's the weather like in Paris at the moment? See you in the return.
👋😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.