Poll

Obviously the Brexit effects are only just showing and it's going to get a lot, lot worse.. but for now..

.. Brexit is going great. Sunlit fucking plateaus full of fucking wonder
.. Brexit is just taking time, it'll be reet
Moo!
.. Brexit is pretty bad, but maybe will get better
.. Brexit is terrible
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post.
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post AND I like cheese

Author Topic: Brexit. the Con continues  (Read 533584 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Reply #1200 on: December 2, 2020, 02:56:51 pm »
Brexit negotiations remind me of a uni student who spent the entire year goofing off on his dissertation and now suddenly realises he has to research and write it in less than three weeks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: December 2, 2020, 03:25:18 pm »
Brexit negotiations remind me of a uni student who spent the entire year goofing off on his dissertation and now suddenly realises he has to research and write it in less than three weeks.
Replace that three weeks with two days, and you have Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's entire career.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: December 2, 2020, 05:27:45 pm »
Can't wait to hear his input on fishing.

Wasn't the lazy fucker on the fishing committee or something like that when he was an mep, getting criticised for never turning up.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1203 on: December 2, 2020, 07:22:31 pm »
Wasn't the lazy fucker on the fishing committee or something like that when he was an mep, getting criticised for never turning up.
Yep. He turned up to just 1 meeting out of 30 (or something like that).
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1204 on: December 2, 2020, 07:33:26 pm »
Yep. He turned up to just 1 meeting out of 30 (or something like that).
Not reflected in his expenses though.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: December 3, 2020, 12:55:10 pm »
Biontech CEO Ugur Sahin was on breakfast TV saying that the reason Germany is still weeks away from approving the vaccine is because of the EU - thought the government's claims had been thoroughly debunked, assume there is some nuance missing here but I'm too lazy to read further.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: December 3, 2020, 12:55:24 pm »
I fucking hope that after Brexit, Laura Kuensberg is out on her arse. She is absolutely awful and has thrived based on the tittle tattle that has followed around Brexit, hence being marginalised on a actual fact based situation like Covid-19. She was spouting some shite again on Politics Live only for Katya Adler to pull her up on it.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1207 on: December 3, 2020, 01:28:33 pm »
Mandelson (on a personal level I cannot abide him, but his political instincts are almost invariably correct), in today’s Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/03/labour-fall-out-over-brexit-boris-johnson-deal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

If you can bear to read the comments, you’ll be transported back down a rabbit hole not dissimilar to our now defunct Labour thread😳
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: December 3, 2020, 01:44:10 pm »
Mandelson (on a personal level I cannot abide him, but his political instincts are almost invariably correct), in today’s Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/03/labour-fall-out-over-brexit-boris-johnson-deal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

If you can bear to read the comments, you’ll be transported back down a rabbit hole not dissimilar to our now defunct Labour thread😳
It was the perfect storm. we had a load of right wing lunatics in charge opposed by a weak Labour leadership clueless on strategy. these right wing lunatics didn't just con Brexit supporters, they were allowed to con millions of remain Labour supporters on all the major milestones of Brexit. starting with the triggering of art 50 and getting behind the Tory government to get a good deal.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1209 on: December 3, 2020, 04:30:44 pm »
Can see Kent basically becoming isolated come January 1st.

Reports from sources down here that the main lorry park isn't going to be completed now until April at the earliest due to wait for it - flooding.

Might as well turn it into a fucking port.

If there is no deal agreed this weekend - I think hauliers/trawlers/farmers may need to start taking measures into their own hands.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1210 on: December 3, 2020, 05:13:51 pm »
I just wonder all these comments coming out on EU re vaccine are hard line brexiteers trying to de rail last minute agreements on trade deal.. Reece Mogg chipped in now....a foretaste of what's to come.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: December 3, 2020, 05:33:07 pm »
I just wonder all these comments coming out on EU re vaccine are hard line brexiteers trying to de rail last minute agreements on trade deal.. Reece Mogg chipped in now....a foretaste of what's to come.

I think there could be some truth in this.

We got told today that our organisation believes a deal is imminent and will be announced mid next week. Unless there are any significant links in the media, then all is going well and compromise will be reached and announced next week. If there are any fishing quota leaks over the weekend then they expect it's gone badly and our new reality prep will come to light. Fingers crossed.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: December 3, 2020, 05:46:42 pm »
I fucking hope that after Brexit, Laura Kuensberg is out on her arse. She is absolutely awful and has thrived based on the tittle tattle that has followed around Brexit, hence being marginalised on a actual fact based situation like Covid-19. She was spouting some shite again on Politics Live only for Katya Adler to pull her up on it.

Maybe Laura is missing her ‘source’ since Cummings left.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: December 3, 2020, 05:52:44 pm »

Ridiculous interview just on sky news where a German MEP vigorously defended the EU regulatory approval process.  Said defence was in response to a thinly veiled charge that UK was quicker to approval because of Brexit.  MEP confirmed any eu country can do likewise under existing ‘emergency’ legislation.

He also referred to being ‘proud’ that a German company is behind the vaccine.  Wasn’t any comeback on that one from the sky interviewer.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: December 3, 2020, 05:53:23 pm »
The deal we are trying to reach was described as the worst case scenario a few years back, the Tories are going to praise themselves for reaching this magnificent victory,  they have created massive problems for UK companies.
Labour has to abstain from any vote supporting the deal.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 06:23:05 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1215 on: December 3, 2020, 06:07:11 pm »
The deal we are try to reach was described as the worst case scenario a few years back, the Tories are going to praise themselves for reaching this magnificent victory,  they have created massive problems for UK companies.
Labour has to abstain from any vote supporting the deal.

I desperately want any deal IF the alternative is no deal.

But you’re right; for the sake of not falling into either ‘but you supported the deal’, or ‘but you voted against the deal’ traps (you can see the headlines now in the usual suspects), it has to be abstention. Let the Tories own the shitshow.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: December 3, 2020, 06:35:13 pm »
I desperately want any deal IF the alternative is no deal.

But you’re right; for the sake of not falling into either ‘but you supported the deal’, or ‘but you voted against the deal’ traps (you can see the headlines now in the usual suspects), it has to be abstention. Let the Tories own the shitshow.
Yes, definitely better than a no deal but the Tories went from absolutely no downside to Brexit to this is the price you have to pay for Brexit.
I think Labour would be making a big strategic mistake backing the deal, the Tories will just throw it back in their face every time they criticize the effects of this deal on all if us.
you would hear this countless times if Starmer whips in support.
" The right honorable gentleman criticizes us now but he supported this deal" the public would think Starmer is a hypocrite.
I think Starmer should do what many of us thought straight after the referendum over 4.5 years ago.
Throw every lie and promise back in their face. reel off every promise each Tory hard line brexiteer MP made to the people of this country then tell the Tories you went back on everyone of these promises as you knew they were impossible to achieve.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: December 3, 2020, 07:32:58 pm »
Biontech CEO Ugur Sahin was on breakfast TV saying that the reason Germany is still weeks away from approving the vaccine is because of the EU - thought the government's claims had been thoroughly debunked, assume there is some nuance missing here but I'm too lazy to read further.

UK gave emergency temporary approval not full approval. Any EU country can do that for their own region without waiting for full EU-wide approval.

Germany have the right to do the same, but them doing it wouldn’t look good at all for the entire EU project long term. One of the main members going alone instead of waiting for one of the unions institutions doing what they are there to do, just wouldn’t look good at all. UK of course have no such fears of harming the union by doing it. We could still see another member doing what the UK have done before the EU approves, if it means they get delivery a few weeks earlier. But that country certainly wouldn’t be Germany, France, etc.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1218 on: December 3, 2020, 07:45:48 pm »
Adler is a very good journalist. As you say Kuensberg deals in tittle tattle, basically acting as a conduit for Cummings and Johnson to push out their lies. Like Peston, she gets access because she doesn’t actually criticise or question. Peston’s questions to the televised press conferences became an embarrassment. By the time he finished his “intellectual” shtick, everyone had forgotten what he asked in the first place,
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: December 3, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »
Yes, definitely better than a no deal but the Tories went from absolutely no downside to Brexit to this is the price you have to pay for Brexit.
I think Labour would be making a big strategic mistake backing the deal, the Tories will just throw it back in their face every time they criticize the effects of this deal on all if us.
you would hear this countless times if Starmer whips in support.
" The right honorable gentleman criticizes us now but he supported this deal" the public would think Starmer is a hypocrite.
I think Starmer should do what many of us thought straight after the referendum over 4.5 years ago.
Throw every lie and promise back in their face. reel off every promise each Tory hard line brexiteer MP made to the people of this country then tell the Tories you went back on everyone of these promises as you knew they were impossible to achieve.
Absolutely agree with every syllable of this post. It's lying there on the goal line waiting to be absolutely twatted into the back of the net. All the lies - 'Easiest deal in the history of making deals', 'Oven-ready deal', 'They need us etc', eat shit you fucking lying bastards.

Sorry birthday drinkies.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: December 3, 2020, 07:59:53 pm »
Absolutely agree with every syllable of this post. It's lying there on the goal line waiting to be absolutely twatted into the back of the net. All the lies - 'Easiest deal in the history of making deals', 'Oven-ready deal', 'They need us etc', eat shit you fucking lying bastards.

Sorry birthday drinkies.
:)
               Emily Maitlis

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1221 on: December 3, 2020, 08:18:32 pm »

Sorry birthday drinkies.

Many happy returns Doc. 66 eh? Hope you make your way to bed eventually, unaided🤗

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: December 3, 2020, 08:25:20 pm »
Many happy returns Doc. 66 eh? Hope you make your way to bed eventually, unaided🤗
"I shall stagger. My father was a staggerer, and my grandfather was a staggerer. Staggering is a sign of strength. Only the weak need to be carried". I read that somewhere.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: December 3, 2020, 09:05:38 pm »
Absolutely agree with every syllable of this post.

Sorry birthday drinkies.
All the best mate.

Indeed, it was a great post. Those points and the fact that David Davis wasted fucking months and just concluded the EU would cave in at the last minute. Er no they won't, they saw through this countries bleak and weak situation and make this government look like tossers.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: December 3, 2020, 09:21:26 pm »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: December 3, 2020, 09:26:14 pm »
Happy Birthday, Doc. :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: December 3, 2020, 09:53:36 pm »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: December 3, 2020, 10:20:07 pm »
Happy birthday Dr. B [emoji1635]

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: December 3, 2020, 10:23:46 pm »
Happy birthday Dr. B [emoji1635]
Haha! Cheers Debs, hope the new year isn't as bad as we expect!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: December 4, 2020, 12:47:51 am »
Can see Kent basically becoming isolated come January 1st.

Reports from sources down here that the main lorry park isn't going to be completed now until April at the earliest due to wait for it - flooding.

Might as well turn it into a fucking port.

If there is no deal agreed this weekend - I think hauliers/trawlers/farmers may need to start taking measures into their own hands.

The place they picked is on a flood plain and the first time it flooded after being chosen was roughly a week after being chosen.  ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1230 on: December 4, 2020, 09:02:58 am »
Quelle surprise
The Brexit Express seeking to blame the EU for “moving the goalposts” to prevent a deal.

Because they should just give us what we want?

I really hate Tories, especially the the little Englanders who lap up these xenophobic racist front pages and when they have to face the fact that their ignorance has destroyed the country, will stick their fingers in their ears and say it was al the dirty foreigners who caused it. (Like that ignorant woman in Dover blaming Eastern Europeans for the rise of Covid )

As someone said, only a stupid dickhead would cancel their Netflix account and then complain that Netflix wouldn’t let them watch the channel any more.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1231 on: December 4, 2020, 09:48:17 am »

I wonder if they’ll print the final documents in black and white like I did because I didn’t have time to fix it.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1232 on: December 4, 2020, 11:08:39 am »
I wonder if they’ll print the final documents in black and white like I did because I didn’t have time to fix it.

Was it supposed to be a colour dissertation, did you have lots of pictures?
That's the advantage of doing maths, no need to write crazy long documents, and the shorter your solution the better.
I did take the adage "A lazy mathematician, is a good mathematician" to new heights though.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1233 on: December 4, 2020, 12:42:27 pm »
Was it supposed to be a colour dissertation, did you have lots of pictures?
That's the advantage of doing maths, no need to write crazy long documents, and the shorter your solution the better.
I did take the adage "A lazy mathematician, is a good mathematician" to new heights though.

I had a few shit graphs that probably added nothing to show I’d done some research (all made up). Printer failure the night before it was due in made think a minimalist black and white look would work better.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: December 4, 2020, 12:57:25 pm »
Meant to mention this 2 months ago but never got around to it.
May tearing into Gove for lying over security after Brexit. pulling faces mocking his reply.
 Gove couldn't resist hitting back on being called a liar. I take his answer to mean. don't be preaching to me over lying after what you told the country. "I agree with her, when it comes to security and everything else, no deal is better than a bad deal"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgBS35gZurg
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: December 4, 2020, 01:07:38 pm »
BBC news (at last?) now leading with the issue primarily being ‘competition laws’, ie ‘level playing field’ or ‘state aid’. 

At least fishing is no longer the lead.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: December 4, 2020, 01:22:50 pm »
Barnier saying "A good deal next year is better than a bad deal this year"
He knows the UK will be in a far worse position to bargain when a no deal hits.
The idea we will be in a stonger position to negotiate if we walk away with a no deal is a joke.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: December 4, 2020, 03:00:48 pm »
Barnier saying "A good deal next year is better than a bad deal this year"
He knows the UK will be in a far worse position to bargain when a no deal hits.
The idea we will be in a stonger position to negotiate if we walk away with a no deal is a joke.

Don't worry, we're the best country. Much better than France. We even rubber stamped a vaccine much quicker than those unelected Eurocrats.

I mean if we can do that, sky's the limit. To infinity and bed bath and beyond!!!
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: December 4, 2020, 03:05:54 pm »
Don't worry, we're the best country. Much better than France. We even rubber stamped a vaccine much quicker than those unelected Eurocrats.

I mean if we can do that, sky's the limit. To infinity and bed bath and beyond!!!
Well worth reminding leave voters on the sort of bulls,, speeches they cheered and clapped, embarrassing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHDBaHdSEI
               Emily Maitlis

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1239 on: December 4, 2020, 07:23:22 pm »
From Barnier on Twitter

After one week of intense negotiations in London, together with @DavidGHFrost, we agreed today that the conditions for an agreement are not met, due to significant divergences on level playing field, governance and fisheries.

We agreed to pause the talks in order to brief our Principals on the state of play of the negotiations. President @vonderleyen and Prime Minister Johnson will discuss the state of play tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 07:25:51 pm by filopastry »