Author Topic: CL: Maribor 0 v Liverpool 7 (Bob 4' 53', Phil '13, Mo 19' 40' Ox 86' TAA 90')  (Read 34587 times)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
They've never been spanked like that before at home in the CL so last night was impressive. None of this only Marbor shit.

Football is weird though. Spartak drew with Maribor. They then rattle Sevilla. We really should have been home already in this group because we are by far the best team.

I honestly don't think we played that much better last night than we did against Sevilla or Spartak. Only difference was the lads took their chances last night. We should have had 4 or 5 against both Sevilla and Spartak too.

Should really get over the line in this group now though. Beat Maribor and Spartak at home and we're through. Then even a draw with Sevilla has us through top.

Agree with a lot of this, it's been an odd group but Liverpool are certainly the best team by some margin.

Thing is they've got to prove it.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
That's what I was thinking. Could have/Should have pulled him off at the half or after the 5th went in.
After Utd there were two full days of recovery. Up to Spurs there's 4 full days recovery. With 4 days you basically don't need to rotate at all - no way we'd have put that strong a team out if it weren't a Tue/Sat schedule. You'll see much more rotation for the Maribor home leg, I would think.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
They've never been spanked like that before at home in the CL so last night was impressive. None of this only Marbor shit.

Football is weird though. Spartak drew with Maribor. They then rattle Sevilla. We really should have been home already in this group because we are by far the best team.

I honestly don't think we played that much better last night than we did against Sevilla or Spartak. Only difference was the lads took their chances last night. We should have had 4 or 5 against both Sevilla and Spartak too.

Should really get over the line in this group now though. Beat Maribor and Spartak at home and we're through. Then even a draw with Sevilla has us through top.
True, that.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Firminho was excellent. A classic Fyrmino performance.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Firminho was excellent. A classic Fyrmino performance.

Look mate its Bob. BOB ffs! Its not bloody rocket science!!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
We just made up all the goals missed inthe last 3-4 games in 1 go!

Great performance, and great hunger to keep going and add to the lead. A 4 nil wouldve looked smart but 7 just relaxes everyone and hopefully we will take our chances on Sunday.

Weirdly enough they seemed to be able ping the ball to each other quite well so they are probably better technically than they showed. What they couldn't handle was out pressing - so many of our goals came straight after a chance for us and they simply gave the ball to us to try again.

Good to see AOC score at least for his own confidence though obviously that could apply to everyone.

Still not sure whether Spartak winning was good or bad for us but lets just win the next one and keep it in our hands.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
I'm still luxuriating two days later in the sense of well being that came from this. I ended up watching it on a stream and by the time I got past the ads two had gone in, so I was torn between frustration and elation. Then when I watched the replays the goal fest was indeed satisfying. Now is there a chance we will do something like this int he league. I strongly suspect so. Perhaps a revenge job on one of the teams we have struggled with in the previous month.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The result and performance just shows the importance, at least for us at the moment, of the second and even third goal. A quick first goal is ideal of course, but with our slightly fragile defense sitting at 1-0 for a long period of time is a shit the pants scenario.  Once the others went in, all of a sudden no one is scoring past us. I don;t care who you play whether its Utd or Maribor, for a defense and keeper, keeping them both out is equally as satisfying. 

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Any chance of opening the Coutinho and Ox threads?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
What a week as weather basically wiped away half of it, had to wander into town to catch the game as no electricity at home, local team won the league and Liverpool found their scoring boots. Hats off to the lads as it was great to see us buzzing in the opposition area cutting them to ribbons. Milner.....wtf as that was one of the best midfield performances all season from us. The lad surely just penciled himself into our starting 11. Firmino, Salah etc all excellent. Fingers crossed we can build on this as they should be a buzzing for Spurs.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Milner.....wtf as that was one of the best midfield performances all season from us. The lad surely just penciled himself into our starting 11.

Don't understand why people get surprised by good performances from Milner, the most consistent player in our squad.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "