Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 778932 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2720 on: February 10, 2019, 10:44:14 pm »
Actually, we're all forgetting the recent past.... what about our very own Scouse Cafu? Still remember his goal at WHL with fondness.
He was definitely an integral part of our title push in 2013/14.
I read that after a particularly solid performance in the derby, Stevie said that he was applauded into the dressing room!
Sad to see that he was never the same after his long injury lay-off.

And Carra was fairly decent and reliable at LB.

Talking about the Scouse Cafu, does the real Cafu support us? I’ve seen quite a few tweets shared over the years where he’s been watching our games.

I don’t think we need to compare Andy R with anyone else. I’m hoping he’s good enough to make his own name a legend.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2721 on: February 10, 2019, 11:10:28 pm »
Actually, we're all forgetting the recent past.... what about our very own Scouse Cafu? Still remember his goal at WHL with fondness.

Really hoped he would make it. Don't know who had a bigger stonk on when he bagged that one, him or me.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2722 on: February 10, 2019, 11:14:45 pm »
I think that he has the potential to have a very long career at Liverpool, He seems to 'get' the place and has a hunger to learn. Some players just seem to 'fit' us - and he is one of them.

Under Klopp he can progress still further and he has all the attributes to become a real club legend over the next ten years.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #2723 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:37 am »
Jesus what a player, running around like a madman all game. He has been so impressive all season. Has a touch or two or three! as well. He Moved me to pastiche:

Apologies to Lennon, rhyming etc

Working Class (left back) Hero

As soon as you're born celtic make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
Till the pain is so big you feel Uni means all
A working class left back is something to be

They love you at Queens park, your first real school
Then at Dundee united, you were no fool
Still you're so fucking brilliant you can't follow their rules

Well you grafted and toiled for twenty-odd years
Then they expect you to stick Hull fucking city…
When you can't really function you're so full of fear (of relegation)

Keep you duped with religion and Sky TV
And you are so clever and class, bought on a free
Well 8 million, fucking peanuts as far as can I see

There's room at the top I am telling you still
But first you must learn how to cross with more skill (if possible)
If you want to be like the folks on the hill

If you want to be a hero well just follow me
If you want to be a hero well just follow me

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2724 on: February 11, 2019, 01:21:12 am »
I've never been more happy to be wrong about a player. He's legitimately one of the best left backs in the world. And as Gaz says above, he just gets it. You can't buy that.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2725 on: February 19, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »
Had a surprisingly poor match against Bayern. Defensively and offensively. Lots of hustle but a few poor choices. I'm just glad that under pressure from a decent winger that he didn't pick up absecond yellow.

When do those yellows get reset?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2726 on: February 19, 2019, 11:15:49 pm »
Yes, he was poor tonight. Rather frighteningly, he looked like a Hull City, or even a Queens Park player!

Come on Robbo. A bit more brain in Munich please!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2727 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:49 pm »
He's dipped massively in recent games. We need another option there who Klopp can trust next season in order to rest him more often.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2728 on: February 19, 2019, 11:46:20 pm »
He's dipped massively in recent games. We need another option there who Klopp can trust next season in order to rest him more often.

this is probably true but what I don't understand is why in the last few games he's started panicking on the ball so much - long range shots, blammed / over hit crosses ... its weird when he's had so much success from not playing this way

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2729 on: February 19, 2019, 11:50:57 pm »

I wouldn't say massively, just slightly. Most players do and we might have to chance Moreno for a game or two. He's played a bit too much I reckon.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #2730 on: February 19, 2019, 11:52:04 pm »
Totally agree, he has been poor in 3 of our last 4 games, i suppose he was due a dip in his form at some point as his level has been very good for such a long time, totally agree we need someone who can challenge him for his place next season, it will be interesting to see if Moreno is replaced in the summer by a new signing or whether Adam Lewis is given a chance.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:56 pm »
I wouldn't say massively, just slightly. Most players do and we might have to chance Moreno for a game or two. He's played a bit too much I reckon.

Chance Moreno for a game or two?

You do remember Alberto Moreno do you?

Jesus Christ.

Robbo’s not been at his best lately granted but he’ll be sound. No need to inflict Moreno upon us again!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2732 on: February 19, 2019, 11:54:11 pm »
this is probably true but what I don't understand is why in the last few games he's started panicking on the ball so much - long range shots, blammed / over hit crosses ... its weird when he's had so much success from not playing this way

It feels like the team hasn't been quite mentally right in recent games. We've lost some of the patience that served us so well earlier in the season, as if they're feeling the pressure of Man City breathing down our necks. I thought we might have shaken it with Bournemouth but it seems to be back again.

I don't think Robbo is alone in how he's performing. All of our more forward thinking players (possibly with the exception of Mané) from Keita to Salah seem to want to do everything one step too quickly, like an underdog tennis player swinging for the lines against a more experienced opponent.

It's down to Klopp and some of the more experienced heads in the team try and bring the collective squad back into the headspace they were in, in November/December, when we were dispatching teams just by doing our thing. Winning against United would be huge for that.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: February 19, 2019, 11:55:58 pm »

It’s just confidence, which will return.

Not been at his best lately as I said above but he’ll be sound, he was hardly bad tonight.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: February 19, 2019, 11:59:11 pm »

Think mental fatigue takes its toll eventually. Our central midfielders all get a rest quite regularly. Full-backs cover similar distances and have similar tasks, yet Robertson's missed what...three games this season? I'm surprised we haven't seen Milner there occasionally.

That cross for Mane's header was lovely, mind. I miss that technique fron Robertson. I feel like he just blams it in too frequently these days. I'm sure he's told to keep it low, but variety is good as far as I'm concerned. It keeps defenders guessing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 12:01:37 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: February 20, 2019, 03:31:16 am »
He has suffered a dip in the last few games but it's entirely understandable given that we have to play him pretty much every game given that our other LB option is a liability.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: February 20, 2019, 04:01:34 am »
This guy is a machine.
Believer

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #2737 on: February 20, 2019, 05:28:02 am »
Totally agree, he has been poor in 3 of our last 4 games, i suppose he was due a dip in his form at some point as his level has been very good for such a long time, totally agree we need someone who can challenge him for his place next season, it will be interesting to see if Moreno is replaced in the summer by a new signing or whether Adam Lewis is given a chance.

He hasn't been poor. Maybe not at his imperious best, but far from poor.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: February 20, 2019, 06:15:49 am »
Think mental fatigue takes its toll eventually. Our central midfielders all get a rest quite regularly. Full-backs cover similar distances and have similar tasks, yet Robertson's missed what...three games this season? I'm surprised we haven't seen Milner there occasionally.

That cross for Mane's header was lovely, mind. I miss that technique fron Robertson. I feel like he just blams it in too frequently these days. I'm sure he's told to keep it low, but variety is good as far as I'm concerned. It keeps defenders guessing.

Agree that he appears to be suffering from mental fatigue. Thought it was his poorest game for us from the high standards he has consistently performed. The absence of VVD may have had an impact. Communication and leadership skills can go unnoticed.
Disagree that the cross for Mane's header was "lovely"as Mane made it into a chance from a nothing cross.
He knows he can do better. It didn't cost us and the likelihood of repeat performance is minimal. I have no doubt he will bounce back.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:21:20 am by nico 8 »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2739 on: February 20, 2019, 11:57:09 am »

Yeah maybe you're right - he certainly won't have been through a season like this before with this much constant pressure.

Personally I think we still cross the ball far too much from too deep from both sides - especially when we're trying to 'force' a goal
It's fine if the defence isn't set and they're near the byline - obviously the both have the ability to deliver great balls in.
But most of the time I don't know who we're supposed to be crossing the ball for?!
Last night it was clear once Bayern had dropped deeper we were getting sweet fuck all in the air against them.

Would like to see both full backs give and go more or try and create - but I guess that's where mental / physical tiredness does play a part - its easier to ping it in

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: February 20, 2019, 12:27:43 pm »
Maybe the new child is affecting him too....

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2741 on: February 20, 2019, 01:04:26 pm »
Honestly the first time I remember him coming off 2nd best in a battle. Quite the compliment imo.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: February 20, 2019, 01:27:52 pm »
Honestly the first time I remember him coming off 2nd best in a battle. Quite the compliment imo.

yes - he was turned around a couple of times in the game, misplaced a header badly, and whiffed on a tackle. It was hopefully a learning experience for him - and he's the kind of player you can expect to use it as such.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2743 on: February 20, 2019, 01:30:21 pm »
People actually calling for Alberto Moreno to start on Sunday, FML.  Guess Robbo is the next in line for abuse, which means Hendo was boss.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: February 20, 2019, 02:10:06 pm »
That was his worst performance for us. Gnabry had his number. So he’s human after all.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #2745 on: February 20, 2019, 02:29:14 pm »
He's all action and could probably do with a rest but Sunday is not the time to be giving him it

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2746 on: February 20, 2019, 02:31:36 pm »
He should shoot more. Most games he gets the ball 1-2 times in a great position, but he always goes for the cross. It's great to have such a selfless guy, but it would be better for the team if he would shoot sometimes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2747 on: February 20, 2019, 02:37:47 pm »
Was really poor going both ways, just one of those things. All the best players have the very occasional stinker, he’s definitely got enough credit in the bank! We could probably do with giving him a bit of a rest when we can, I honestly don’t think Moreno is this guaranteed train wreck that people think but we definitely shouldn’t be doing it at the weekend and frankly I’d be looking at bringing him on for Robbo with half hour left of games, that sort of thing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: February 20, 2019, 03:08:23 pm »
People actually calling for Alberto Moreno to start on Sunday, FML.

Who?

He should shoot more. Most games he gets the ball 1-2 times in a great position, but he always goes for the cross. It's great to have such a selfless guy, but it would be better for the team if he would shoot sometimes.

No way! He's terrible at shooting.  ;D

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #2749 on: February 20, 2019, 03:13:39 pm »
Was really poor going both ways, just one of those things. All the best players have the very occasional stinker, he’s definitely got enough credit in the bank! We could probably do with giving him a bit of a rest when we can, I honestly don’t think Moreno is this guaranteed train wreck that people think but we definitely shouldn’t be doing it at the weekend and frankly I’d be looking at bringing him on for Robbo with half hour left of games, that sort of thing.

Agreed, Robertson was bad yesterday. But a Bad Robbo still greater than a Good Moreno. Don't think he should play against United. 

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: February 20, 2019, 03:36:12 pm »
Not sure he needs a break. We've just had 10 days without a game. We had a similar break last month too. Pretty confident he will find rhythm and form over the next 2 weeks.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2751 on: February 20, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »
Yeah maybe you're right - he certainly won't have been through a season like this before with this much constant pressure.

Personally I think we still cross the ball far too much from too deep from both sides - especially when we're trying to 'force' a goal
It's fine if the defence isn't set and they're near the byline - obviously the both have the ability to deliver great balls in.
But most of the time I don't know who we're supposed to be crossing the ball for?!
Last night it was clear once Bayern had dropped deeper we were getting sweet fuck all in the air against them.

Would like to see both full backs give and go more or try and create - but I guess that's where mental / physical tiredness does play a part - its easier to ping it in

Very true. A few times during the match I was thinking..."the cross is not always on" when they were launching it rather than passing. Especially since we were getting both Keita and Gini upfield and joining play.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2752 on: February 20, 2019, 05:19:14 pm »

No way! He's terrible at shooting.  ;D
Nah, you're thinking of his corners. That was a one-match test by Klopp that Robertson failed thoroughly ;D

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: February 20, 2019, 05:22:23 pm »
Nah, you're thinking of his corners. That was a one-match test by Klopp that Robertson failed thoroughly ;D

I think it's a Liverpool thing. We seem to be incapable to beat the first man, no matter who takes the corners. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2754 on: February 20, 2019, 05:29:49 pm »
I think it's a Liverpool thing. We seem to be incapable to beat the first man, no matter who takes the corners.
This seems like a forever thing.

I remember an old Liverpool fanzine from (I think) the 90s called 'Another Wasted Corner.'

I think I still might have a few copies lurking about the house along with copies of 'Through The Wind And Rain' fanzine.

I never get excited by us getting a corner.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #2755 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:11 am »

Bit in bold is so bloody true. I think when so much emphasis on our wing-play is down to Robertson and Trent, I feel that at times they need to have more conviction to drive at opposing full-backs. Low cut backs from the byline are so much more likely to cause chaos in the box, as opposed to whipping a cross in from the corner of the box that Robertson and Trent seems to favour.

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #2756 on: February 21, 2019, 05:56:42 pm »

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2757 on: February 27, 2019, 10:36:28 pm »
Much better tonight but he’s seemingly been training with Moreno too long, seems to have developed a penchant for stupid tackles on players going nowhere.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #2758 on: February 28, 2019, 11:47:51 am »

I know why it feels that way, yet we've scored more goals from corners than any other team in the PL this season. All teams are basically shit at them!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2759 on: February 28, 2019, 12:17:23 pm »
Could do with cutting out the brainless fouls against sides that aren’t causing any problems in open play
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.