Author Topic: Who can claim historical supremacy?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Rosso

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Who can claim historical supremacy?
« on: August 16, 2020, 05:32:55 pm »
I'm a United fan and I'm interested to hear your views, Who do you think can claim historical supremacy between United and Liverpool in terms of trophies? I think we just edge it, only because I would rather have more league titles and FA cups then European Cups and league cups, though I must admit to being very envious you lot have won 6.

If you manage to win the league title next season then I think the ball is in your court but considering we have 66 trophies to your 64 and also the treble in 99 then we have a very slight edge, but hey I could be wrong.

thoughts?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Who can claim historical supremacy?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 05:33:43 pm »
Who cares.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 05:34:48 pm »
Go back to red cafe

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 05:41:45 pm »
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Rosso

• Boys Pen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 05:44:51 pm »
Well both sets of fans regularly sing songs regarding their trophy hauls?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 05:47:09 pm »

You lot haven't made any new ones for a few years.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 06:06:48 pm »
I think we can both agree that we are both vastly more successful than City and have a good laugh at them

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 06:10:06 pm »
Football is tribal.  Of course we do.

Neither gives a shit about what the other side thinks.  It’s not for them.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 06:12:09 pm »
I'm a United fan

You took a wrong turn somewhere.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 06:12:20 pm »
Jason Bourne can.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 06:18:24 pm »
Out of interest, how did a Utd fan with no posts to his name manage to start a new thread on the main board.  :o

It took me about 6 months before being able to even post a reply on the main board.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 06:19:39 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 06:19:53 pm »
Hiya.  It’s clearly us.  You should only count the biggest trophies, so it’s 6/19 against 3/20.  That’s not actually particularly close - 6 vs 3 is a massive difference whereas 20 vs 19 is more or less identical.  I will concede that Utd are the bigger club though.  Not entirely sure why that is - I suspect it’s mostly due to George Best - but it’s always been that way.  Even when I was a kid in the 80s and we were at our absolute zenith it was still Utd who were the glamour club somehow.  So you can console yourself with that.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 06:20:24 pm »
Out of interest, how did a Utd fan with no posts to his name manage to start a new thread on the main board.  :o

It took me about 6 months before being able to even post a reply on the main board.

They like to play with cheats
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 06:29:41 pm »
Perhaps someone from this forum can pop over to the caf and ask the same question

That way we can compare the objective responses from both forums to get an impartial consensus that we can all agree on   
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 06:31:57 pm »
You have 1 more league title, whilst we have 3 more European Cups. I'll take us over your lot.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 06:32:01 pm »
Napoleon, the Romans, Genghis Kahn, Alexander the great, the British.....take your pick. Depends which period you're talking about
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 06:36:21 pm »
Definitely Utd. Having one more league title is clearly better than having twice the number of European Cups. I'm surprised it's even up for debate.

Offline Rosso

• Boys Pen
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 06:36:45 pm »
Hiya.  It’s clearly us.  You should only count the biggest trophies, so it’s 6/19 against 3/20.  That’s not actually particularly close - 6 vs 3 is a massive difference whereas 20 vs 19 is more or less identical.  I will concede that Utd are the bigger club though.  Not entirely sure why that is - I suspect it’s mostly due to George Best - but it’s always been that way.  Even when I was a kid in the 80s and we were at our absolute zenith it was still Utd who were the glamour club somehow.  So you can console yourself with that.

valid points man, I still personally regard the FA Cup as a big trophy, though it's getting less and less so as the years go on unfortunately.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 06:41:42 pm »

I think we do, I'd say you lot spend 90mins singing about us.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 06:50:25 pm »
Simple math.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 06:56:51 pm »
You have 1 more league title, whilst we have 3 more European Cups. I'll take us over your lot.

Can someone do the percentage math?

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 07:00:24 pm »
We’re both by far and away the two biggest clubs in England, and it’s mostly because we’re the last two teams to have a sustained period of dominance. I don’t think that can be done again either so it will probably stay that way.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 07:02:07 pm »
Probably about even.

I've always thought the European Cup is more prestigious than the league though.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 07:14:44 pm »

It ended as soon as it started.

6 European Cups with more on the horizon. Boom!. The end. Close the fucking thread.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2020, 07:16:52 pm »
United have never really had historical supremacy, I think you’ve only ever had three title winning managers in your history haven’t you? Liverpool won the title infrequently but most decades before our period of domination.

Personally I think our European record gives us the edge. We even won two UEFA Cups when they were very competitive (arguably our third one too). They seem a lot easier to win these days, thankfully for you.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2020, 07:30:07 pm »
Quite clearly Liverpool.

We have more trophies than you.

We have also dominated both domestically and in Europe. United have had a period of domination in England, but considering the amount of times they qualified for the biggest prize of all when under Ferguson, their record at the highest level is not good. Liverpool are European Royalty, and head and shoulders above United on the biggest stage. We are both pretty much neck and neck when it comes to title wins domestically.

Overall, Liverpool are clearly ahead. As I said, we have more trophies than you.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2020, 07:44:59 pm »
Hey Rosso, what's your view on the elf that manages your team?
Greatest coach in the world possibly in my view. Deserves an extremely long contract.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2020, 07:51:48 pm »
There are only ever 2 trophies, the league and the European Cup. In about 5 years I can see the world club championship being on a near par........possibly? but the bread and butter and big ears, are far and away ahead of anything else.

If you manage to win the league title next season.......Be afraid, be very afraid.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2020, 08:00:12 pm »
Also the reason why you were so shit in Europe it's because rednose had no power over the european referees. When you watch some 90's and early 00's matches of Manutd versus Arsenal especially, when Ferguson was in charge, my God, things couldn't be more obvious. Rednose had the FA in his pocket.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2020, 08:04:48 pm »
Probably about even.

I've always thought the European Cup is more prestigious than the league though.

If even means being 3 ahead.

We will reach 50 before them as well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2020, 08:24:28 pm »
You prefer the FA Cup over the Champions League? To each his own but I definitely disagree. Winning the PL was amazing because it's been so long, but the I rank the CL up there with it. The rest are a bit of a bonus.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2020, 09:04:33 pm »
Nah.