Author Topic: Non-football events at Anfield  (Read 14772 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Non-football events at Anfield
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2022, 06:12:29 pm »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2022, 06:49:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1572299929976205314

No Anfield at Euro 2028 bid.

We were never under consideration with our pitch being too small, same as Stamford Bridge. Sorry, I can't open that link, is Everton's new Stadium part of the bid...cheers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 06:53:53 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2022, 07:18:54 pm »
"We were never under consideration with our pitch being too small, same as Stamford Bridge. Sorry, I can't open that link, is Everton's new Stadium part of the bid...cheers.
The ten stadiums still in contention are: Wembley, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium, Villa Park, Stadium MK, Old Trafford, the Etihad, Everton’s planned Bramley Moore Dock ground, Sunderland’s Stadium of Light and Newcastle United’s St James’ Park. Others, such as Southampton’s St Mary’s, could still qualify for the list"
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 07:25:41 pm »
The ten stadiums still in contention are: Wembley, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium, Villa Park, Stadium MK, Old Trafford, the Etihad, Everton’s planned Bramley Moore Dock ground, Sunderland’s Stadium of Light and Newcastle United’s St James’ Park. Others, such as Southampton’s St Mary’s, could still qualify for the list"

Ta..I hope EFC do host some games, great for the City and all that, but I'm still not convinced about their site, just looks too compact.

As for us losing out, I think it's been discussed on here whether extending the pitch is a feasible option at Anfield, but can't remember how the topic went.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 08:39:41 am »
Ta..I hope EFC do host some games, great for the City and all that, but I'm still not convinced about their site, just looks too compact.

As for us losing out, I think it's been discussed on here whether extending the pitch is a feasible option at Anfield, but can't remember how the topic went.

Don't think they could choose Everton for the final list at least until it's completed and they've had plenty of games there to see how the site deals with a 50k crowd and a high profile football match. The ground won't be built until after the hosts are decided next year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2023, 10:58:09 pm »
Pink playing Anfield again next summer with two nights in June. Nice top up for the Mbappe fund.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.