Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718122 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 01:50:28 pm »
I like the fact that you like the fact that I underestimate Arsenal.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 05:30:23 pm »
Arsenal's lack of any depth to their squad will bite them on the arse this year........again!

Bingo! That's the main point.

Last year they lacked depth in the strike department. This year it should be better with Carlos Vela available, on top of Adebayor, Bentner, Walcott, and hopefully (for their sake) Eduardo eventually.

The problems in depth will come obviously in midfield mostly, where Flamini has not been replaced, and in defense, where a couple of key injuries for just a few weeks could really cause the side to drop points.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 06:29:31 pm »
I like the way you, look at me with those beautiful eyes,
I like the way you, act all surprised,
I like the way you, sing along,
I like the way you, always get it wrong,
I like the way you, clap your hands,
I like the way you, love to dance,
I like the way you, put your hands up in the air,
I like the way you, shake your hair,
I like the way you, like to touch,
I like the way you, stare so much,
but most of all....
Yeah..
most of all....

I like the way you underestimate Arsenal this season!

:D made me chuckle
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 06:31:40 pm »
I like my arse.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 06:36:01 pm »
I like my arse.

You should see mine.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 06:36:47 pm »
but most of all....
Yeah..
most of all....

;D
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Prince

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 06:42:47 pm »
Personally, I don't underestimate Arsenal; but there are far too many "ifs" and "buts" about their team.

Potentially, they are very good upfront with Adebayor, van Persie, Eduardo and Bendtner/Walcott a good selection of strikers. If van Persie is fit, he will score around 15 League goals and Adebayor 20 league goals and Eduardo can chip in too when he plays.

On the wings, they have a problem; Rosicky is good if fit but you need more than Walcott/Eboue on the right. Fabregas desperately needs a solid partner who stands up to be counted, Senna would be a good buy. At the root of their problems is a lack of goals from midfield, it's no coincidence they've been shite since Pires and Ljunberg left nor is it they dropped away from the title race when Fabregas stopped scoring a right winger who could get 10 league goals would do them good as well as Rosicky and Fabregas getting half a dozen league goals each.

At the back, they have two quality full backs but imo Toure and Gallas are too similar, and neither is commanding enough, if Senderos didn't have the concentration of a fly he'd be a decent partner to either long term. Almunia is solid, albeit not the most commanding.

In summary, they need a CM and a RM to have a decent challenge for the league and a decent CB would do no harm.

They have the quality in individual talent from Adebayor, van Persie, Rosicky and Fabregas and their full backs to make a challenge until perhaps February to April but certainly need to add to their squad to have any realistic chance of winning it.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 07:02:16 pm »
Arsenal will win nothing this season. They might get close-ish to the Carling Cup though... is that a success for them these days?
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 07:05:30 pm »
I must say alot of you on here think Arsenal will finsh 4th place. I thnk all you fans and pundits are going to be in for a shock if you underesitmate the Arsenal, we maybe young but we finshed 3rd above you last season and this year we can be title contenders no doubt.

I like the fact you over estimate Arsenal this season.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:33 pm »
I don't underestimate "the Arsenal".

I just think you're shit.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:03 pm »
The Arsenal are the shites.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:16 pm »
Rosicky is good if fit but you need more than Walcott/Eboue on the right.

think you forgot about Nasri?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »
A good looking player and underused by the french in euro 08, but your problem seems to me to be the end product
as opposed to creativity, he did score at the weekend but continually over a season, am not so sure.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Prince

• Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 07:25:31 pm »

Nasri doesn't play Right Mid, I think he plays in the hole but can play out wide ala Arseshaving. I haven't seen much of him anyway, I doubt whether he is substantially better than Walcott in the long term anyay

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »
I don't underestimate Arsenal, I just think they'll finish below Liverpool.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 07:59:36 pm »
A good looking player and underused by the french in euro 08, but your problem seems to me to be the end product
as opposed to creativity, he did score at the weekend but continually over a season, am not so sure.
Nasri doesn't play Right Mid, I think he plays in the hole but can play out wide ala Arseshaving. I haven't seen much of him anyway, I doubt whether he is substantially better than Walcott in the long term anyay

i think he is  better than walcott, but its a bit pointless comparing them. ones a pacey wide outlet/future forward (if all goes to plan) while nasri is there to provide.

as for questioning his end product Chopper, i think if you are talking about goals you may be right but in terms of assists and build up he will give arsenal something different to the rest of the midfield, fabregas excepted. by that i mean he lays on chances early, instead of taking a touch, looking up, taking another couple of touches passing it sideways and then getting it back which fabregas himself can sometimes be guilty of, although its understandable since he'll play a slighly deeper role than nasri who i'd imagine will have a similar style freedom to gerrard on the right for us a few seasons ago
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:01:11 pm by classycarra »

Offline Dave Skywalker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 08:03:34 pm »
but most of all....
Yeah..
most of all....

For some reason, that made me laugh....

Offline Dave Skywalker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »
4th for ''The Arsenal'' this year, buddy.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 08:10:33 pm »
as for questioning his end product Chopper, i think if you are talking about goals you may be right but in terms of assists and build up he will give arsenal something different to the rest of the midfield, fabregas excepted. by that i mean he lays on chances early, instead of taking a touch, looking up, taking another couple of touches passing it sideways and then getting it back which fabregas himself can sometimes be guilty of, although its understandable since he'll play a slighly deeper role than nasri who i'd imagine will have a similar style freedom to gerrard on the right for us a few seasons ago
In all honesty mate i question arsenals end product as a whole, not just nasri's.

Their like a lad who can talk the nickers of a bird, but can't get a hard on  :P  ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 08:19:23 pm »
You are paper thin in your squad.

And it's Arsenal, not the Arsenal, it's not the forties.

They call themselves The Arsenal. It's all over the stadium shop and proggies.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
In all honesty mate i question arsenals end product as a whole, not just nasri's.

won't find me disagreeing there. thats why i think nasri is the right kind of signing for them
Their like a lad who can talk the nickers of a bird, but can't get a hard on  :P  ;D

;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2008, 09:03:44 pm »
I dont think anyone can underestimate Arsenal, they are a good team who were in the title race longer than we were, their players are a year older and their squad and youngsters are so good that they can beat alot of Premier League teams with just a coca cola cup side out.

Most of them are a year older. The problem is that they keep on selling them as soon as puberty is over and replace them yet again with some kids like Gilberto+Flamini and Hleb out with Denilson and Nasri/Walcott coming into the squad.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:13 pm »
I know I'm not supposed to say this, but I love watching good football whoever plays it, providing they lose to Liverpool. I was liking arsenal to take the prem this year till I saw romans millions destroy pompey on saturday and my heart sank that chelsea, especially with as defensive and negative a coach as scolari in charge, will take the prem cos they just won't lose, and have some of the cream of attacking players in the world.
still, it surprises me how arsenal were deemed failures last year. They were just 5 points off the top. weird world of adolescent tabloid judgement that we live in. The majority of the season they played lights out football which was a pleasure to watch, and that without van persie all season, a player of great talent. What stopped arsenal winning the prem last year was that wenger, great manager though he is, can't pull his team up after bad losses, and never has been able to...
( remember the 49 game winning streak, then an 8 game run without a win? ).
the breaking of eduardos leg did them in, and the team played after that like they had lost spirit. They were the team most heavily affected by the african nations cup, losing toure etc would have been too heavy a blow for any team to recover from in mid season. if van persie hits form, he is good as any striker in the league, and if rosicky can stay healthy, they'll be there or thereabouts. At the end of the day, if arsenal don't win anything but play like they did last year, then arsenal fans and all of us will be winners. Give me this style of play any day over the fascist throat strangling of the west london wankers in blue and their fascist owner who impoverishes his own people just so he can never lose a game of football.

by the way, gooner, why doesn't wenger play kolo toure at center mid in flaminis place? he is a better all round player than essien with all essiens physicality, and not such a c*** either. if not, denilson/diaby will do flaminis job just fine I think, both outstanding talents.

where's my coat?

Offline NickDS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:17 pm »
Arsenal to finish 5th.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 10:21:05 pm »
I can still see them being in the title race come March, just like it was last season

I think we will finish above them though.  Thing is some of the players that 'came of age' last season have now gone.  You've got the issues with Adebayor and I think they lack a dominant midfielder in the middle in the Gattuso/Mascherano mold.

Having said that, I still think they will finish a comfortable fourth.  While they are missing some components in the middle of the park they will have enough firepower to win a lot of games.

From what I've seen though, they do seem to be putting a lot of faith in Walcott this season, so we will have to see how that works out!
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2008, 10:40:21 pm »
Just dont really think they've got the squad to handle it.

Their first XI is excellent. But you see the problems they have if just one players is taken out of it, ala Fabregas or Sagna. Add to that the fact that Gallas is an absolutely atrocious captain, and you've got the makings of a fairly good but not title winning side.

And I'm getting a bit bored of the whole 'They're such a young side' thing. They're really not.

Compare out first XI with Arsenals....

Almunia     31         -      25            Reina
Clichy        23         -      26               Dossena
Toure        27         -      23               Agger
Gallas       31          -     30              Carragher
Sagna       25         -      25              Arbeloa
Rosicky      27         -      28             Gerrard
Fabregas    21        -      24              Mascherano
Nasri           21        -      21             Babel
Eboue         25        -      28              Kuyt
Adebayor     24       -      28             Keane
Bendtner     20       -       24             Torres

ARSENAL   275       -       282        LIVERPOOL

AVE            25        -       25.6

Amazingly young team my arse. And thats without the likes of Skrtel, Lucas, Ngog, Plessis and Insua amongst others.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 10:42:37 pm »
I don't like the fact that you think it's a fact that I'm underestimating Arsenal this season.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:44 pm »
I like the fact you give a fuck.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 10:45:22 pm »
Fowler, kindly swap out Eboue for Denilson (or Diaby) and Van Persie in for Nic. I think by youngsters, overall they mean the squad rather just the 11 as we rarely have all 11 playing together. Carling Cup sides have greatly added on that impression

by the way, gooner, why doesn't wenger play kolo toure at center mid in flaminis place? he is a better all round player than essien with all essiens physicality, and not such a c*** either.

I believe Arsene has commented on Toure being unable to cope with the demands of 38+ games in the centre of the park.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:39 pm »
Aye well either way, it doesnt change it much. And bare in mind thats without Senderos, Eduardo and indeed Van Persie being factored in. The fact is, for the vast majority of the time your side is as young as most other sides. Its just become fashionable to call Arsenal a young side.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 11:02:52 pm »
Just dont really think they've got the squad to handle it.

Their first XI is excellent. But you see the problems they have if just one players is taken out of it, ala Fabregas or Sagna. Add to that the fact that Gallas is an absolutely atrocious captain, and you've got the makings of a fairly good but not title winning side.

And I'm getting a bit bored of the whole 'They're such a young side' thing. They're really not.

Compare out first XI with Arsenals....

Almunia     31         -      25            Reina
Clichy        23         -      26               Dossena
Toure        27         -      23               Agger
Gallas       31          -     30              Carragher
Sagna       25         -      25              Arbeloa
Rosicky      27         -      28             Gerrard
Fabregas    21        -      24              Mascherano
Nasri           21        -      21             Babel
Eboue         25        -      28              Kuyt
Adebayor     24       -      28             Keane
Bendtner     20       -       24             Torres

ARSENAL   275       -       282        LIVERPOOL

AVE            25        -       25.6

Amazingly young team my arse. And thats without the likes of Skrtel, Lucas, Ngog, Plessis and Insua amongst others.

Knock Bendtner out, stick Van Persie in, and their age is older than ours.  Even better if you take Carra out of ours and put Skrtel in.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 11:03:37 pm »
You could drop Kuyt/Keane out too, and put Alonso in.  Which takes ours down.
Believe.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 11:08:54 pm »

Quality mate  ;D :odd :wellin
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 11:09:04 pm »
Well yeah but that works for both sides though, like Djourou in for Gallas for example. The point is, we're both at a similar age in terms of our first XI and more senior players, but we both have a lot of good, young players coming through too. And yet Arsenal get the whole 'They're a young side, its expected' and we dont get such a get-out clause for when we fuck up.....

Another thing.

'We forget how young Cesc Fabregas is'

No. We dont. We're not given the chance to forget how young he is because we're reminded at every possible opportunity. He's 21. I honestly wont forget.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 11:15:35 pm »
Well yeah but that works for both sides though, like Djourou in for Gallas for example. The point is, we're both at a similar age in terms of our first XI and more senior players, but we both have a lot of good, young players coming through too. And yet Arsenal get the whole 'They're a young side, its expected' and we dont get such a get-out clause for when we fuck up.....

Another thing.

'We forget how young Cesc Fabregas is'

No. We dont. We're not given the chance to forget how young he is because we're reminded at every possible opportunity. He's 21. I honestly wont forget.

Well it's not really because last season we didn't have Keane, so Alonso was in the side.  And you can certainly make a claim for Skrtel over Carra.  Christ, you only have to look at the main forum on here and on other sites and see people calling for Skrtel to be given the nod of him.

Agree with the main point though, it's fucking infuriating when you hear the sycophants on TV talking about Wenger's "babes".  Utter fucking myth.
Believe.

Offline Robin Duke

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2008, 12:03:41 am »
we maybe young but we finshed 3rd above you last season

What on earth has last year got to do with anything? We finished 3rd the 2 years before that but didnt mean we automatically got 3rd last year did it?

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:04 am »
The asda arsenal ?

Is this some southern lingo?

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2008, 01:55:35 am »
1 chelsea
2 arsenal
3 liverpool
4 man utd.

true story

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2008, 01:57:06 am »
gimme 2 gallons of what hes drinking
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2008, 01:57:29 am »
Yeah that looks about right but just in the wrong order