Author Topic: Gold Cup  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Gold Cup
« Reply #80 on: July 8, 2019, 03:02:04 am »
Pulisic is really good. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s chelsea’s best player next year.

He needs to work on his end product though. He's wasted a few good attacks. Actually no one from the US has any end product or they'd be 1 or 2-0 up here. They're by far the better side so far.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #81 on: July 8, 2019, 03:08:47 am »
He needs to work on his end product though. He's wasted a few good attacks. Actually no one from the US has any end product or they'd be 1 or 2-0 up here. They're by far the better side so far.

It's a fairly even game by my eyes. Mexico have had more possession and more shots. Both teams with the same shots on target. Could go either way right now.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #82 on: July 8, 2019, 03:10:28 am »
Neither Altidore nor Zardes are really able to play as the deep target in Berhalter's style.

The pressing has been very good, defended well in and around the box, and some of the combination play to create chances has been pretty good.

US seem too strongly left-sided, except when Steffen has the ball, in which case nine times out of ten he plays Morris in the air.

But the tactics and style are there, even though the goals are not. Berhalter has done a pretty good job instilling a system of play...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 8, 2019, 03:13:25 am »
Neither Altidore nor Zardes are really able to play as the deep target in Berhalter's style.

The pressing has been very good, defended well in and around the box, and some of the combination play to create chances has been pretty good.

US seem too strongly left-sided, except when Steffen has the ball, in which case nine times out of ten he plays Morris in the air.

But the tactics and style are there, even though the goals are not. Berhalter has done a pretty good job instilling a system of play...

It's like the women trying the same thing though, when Wambach was up front. Altidore is going to ruin any fluid attacks. A more mobile and skillful striker might get some better end product for the US

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #84 on: July 8, 2019, 03:13:26 am »
How does dosey still get into the team??

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 8, 2019, 03:15:13 am »

Bribery

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #86 on: July 8, 2019, 03:15:50 am »
It's like the women trying the same thing though, when Wambach was up front. Altidore is going to ruin any fluid attacks. A more mobile and skillful striker might get some better end product for the US

Don't have one on the roster.

Josh fucking Sargent, I tell you... ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 8, 2019, 03:18:36 am »
Bribery

Only explanation or blackmail

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 8, 2019, 03:19:32 am »

Don't let the success of the women's team mask the fact that overall our FA isn't in a good place.  Turkish is way more bullish on Berhalter than I would be for the simple fact he didn't let Sargent go to the u20 and then didn't pick him here.  If we're building for the future and you're not already better than Zardes than you have no future with the team so what was the point?  Then what has Morris shown on the wing in his entire career?  I'd almost say nothing.

In the end though I'd say it's more of an indictment on the late 90's age groups.  It's Pulisic, McKinnie and Adams.  Maybe Steffan.  2022 is a pipe dream.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #89 on: July 8, 2019, 03:25:19 am »
It's a fairly even game by my eyes. Mexico have had more possession and more shots. Both teams with the same shots on target. Could go either way right now.

The US have had much the better opportunities though. The Pulisic chance, the Altidore chance. And as I type this Mexico clear one off the line.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 8, 2019, 03:30:54 am »
This US kit nothing to write home about but my god the number style on these Mexico shirts is shit
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 8, 2019, 03:31:22 am »
Did they change the goal kick rules? I thought it had to go out the box first?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 8, 2019, 03:34:39 am »
Dafuq just happened there?

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #93 on: July 8, 2019, 03:38:30 am »
Mexico now dominating. US has stil had the best chances but you feel as if they absolutely should have taken one. I can see Mexico sneaking this 1-0.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 8, 2019, 03:41:37 am »
Did they change the goal kick rules? I thought it had to go out the box first?

Nope. Not anymore.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 8, 2019, 03:42:28 am »
Nope. Not anymore.

Heh ok, and the drop ball when it hit the ref what happened there?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2019, 03:44:39 am »
Heh ok, and the drop ball when it hit the ref what happened there?

Drop ball goes to the team that had possession before the stoppage. No more contested drop balls.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 8, 2019, 03:45:23 am »
Drop ball goes to the team that had possession before the stoppage. No more contested drop balls.

So the ref isn’t considered part of the game anymore?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 8, 2019, 03:47:09 am »
1-0 Mexico

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #99 on: July 8, 2019, 03:47:38 am »
It was coming.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 8, 2019, 03:48:01 am »
Wonder what the XpG of that shot was :D

1-0 Mexico

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 8, 2019, 03:48:37 am »

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #102 on: July 8, 2019, 03:50:40 am »
Wonder what the XpG of that shot was :D

1-0 Mexico

Wonder what it would be like if Michael Bradley played as a #6 instead of roaming slowly all over the park, missing tackles...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 8, 2019, 03:52:46 am »
Wonder what it would be like if Michael Bradley played as a #6 instead of roaming slowly all over the park, missing tackles...

He'd be standing still, missing tackles....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #105 on: July 8, 2019, 03:57:43 am »
He'd be standing still, missing tackles....

At least he might somewhat protect Miazga and Long, not the most mobile of central pairings...

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #106 on: July 8, 2019, 04:02:31 am »
The US really needed to take one of those early chances. I still can't believe Altidore missed. Martino has earned his bread and butter tonight. Mexico has outplayed and out-tacticed the US since half time.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #107 on: July 8, 2019, 04:06:15 am »
I still can't believe Altidore missed.

Ha Ha - you must have never seen him play before.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 8, 2019, 04:08:00 am »
Better team won.  Simple as.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #109 on: July 8, 2019, 04:14:30 am »
Bradley struggled with mobility in the midfield --- when we stopped getting at least 45% of the ball (which was after the first 25 minutes) --- he became a bit of a liability.

Guardado struggled with finishing, and oh my Jozy missed one that could have changed everything.

Not good, but a fair result.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 8, 2019, 04:21:42 am »
The US really needed to take one of those early chances. I still can't believe Altidore missed. Martino has earned his bread and butter tonight. Mexico has outplayed and out-tacticed the US since half time.

Take it you forgot his Sunderland days  ;D

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 8, 2019, 06:59:10 am »
At least he might somewhat protect Miazga and Long, not the most mobile of central pairings...

Adams will solve this.  RBL might be a dark horse title team next year with Haidara and him in midfield.

It's getting two other attackers, a more attacking midfielder than McKinnie and full backs that can actually do something offensively that will be the biggest challenge.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #112 on: July 8, 2019, 08:30:57 am »
Turning into American football

No, American Football gets the VAR calls right almost every time.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #113 on: July 8, 2019, 10:34:34 am »
Surprised Trump hasn't tweeted calling them losers or something.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #114 on: July 8, 2019, 11:08:51 am »

Match highlights - https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/caftwt/usa_vs_mexico_gold_cup_final_2019_08jul2019

The winning goal by Dos Santos for Mexico on 73 mins - https://streamable.com/dtrzt & https://streamable.com/knexi

Lots of post-match content and goals from the tournament up at https://twitter.com/GoldCup

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #115 on: July 8, 2019, 03:31:31 pm »
Better team won.  Simple as.

Yep. And an understrength Mexican team at that (i.e. no Herrera, Hernandez etc.)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #116 on: July 8, 2019, 03:31:55 pm »
Yep. And an understrength Mexican team at that (i.e. no Herrera, Hernandez etc.)

Lozano
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #117 on: July 8, 2019, 03:41:24 pm »
No, American Football gets the VAR calls right almost every time.

Off topic, interestingly enough, "Instant Replay" was also controversial in the US during the first few years. They had to refine it to how it is now to be less intrusive, which seems to work well. I would bet VAR goes through the same process over time.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 8, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
Year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen and Michael Bradley and Gyasi Zardes are still getting into the USMNT.  :butt
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp