Author Topic: Nat Phillips  (Read 237101 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Nat Phillips
« Reply #3200 on: December 8, 2021, 10:39:09 am »
I don't know, it builds great mental strength and focus to keep your eyes off that during training.

I hope it’s Gentle Ben.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3201 on: December 8, 2021, 10:58:37 am »
I’m not sure it helps the lad when people talk about him ‘deserving to start next to VVD’ or ‘deserves to be 3rd choice’. He’s a cracking fifth choice CB for us, we should be happy with that without trying to push him above better players.

Exactly this.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3202 on: December 8, 2021, 11:07:39 am »
I’m not sure it helps the lad when people talk about him ‘deserving to start next to VVD’ or ‘deserves to be 3rd choice’. He’s a cracking fifth choice CB for us, we should be happy with that without trying to push him above better players.

I think it helps him an awful lot myself to be honest. His confidence must be high when he hears stuff like that. Would he ever have attempted THAT turn last night if people said he should be nowhere near the team like  ;)

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: December 8, 2021, 11:39:30 am »
Famous quotes from two greats of the game:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 2017: "I'm an animal. I feel like a lion. I don't want to be a lion, I am a lion... The lion is born a lion, it means I'm a lion."

Nat Phillips, 2021: "If ever I lose a header, it proper winds me up."

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1468320601051967491?s=21

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3204 on: December 8, 2021, 11:39:55 am »

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: December 8, 2021, 11:42:58 am »
Famous quotes from two greats of the game:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 2017: "I'm an animal. I feel like a lion. I don't want to be a lion, I am a lion... The lion is born a lion, it means I'm a lion."

Nat Phillips, 2021: "If ever I lose a header, it proper winds me up."

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1468320601051967491?s=21

haha love it. That Ibrahimovic fella is something eh. You have to admire his confidence in a way when you hear him discuss how he was treated as a kid but he can be a right bellend too.
Liam Brady said last night on RTE that Arsenal nearly signed him. They wanted to do a fitness test on him and he refused saying he doesn't do them and that was that.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3206 on: December 8, 2021, 11:45:01 am »
I first saw Nat in the pre season Torino friendly and he looked like a decent player then, played alongside Virg, but he wasn't going to be a starter any time soon with VVD, Matip, Lovren and Gomez all in front of him. I've also suffered seeing Slabhead due to the missus watching their games and I've seen him make mistake after mistake after mistake, costing a lot of goals. Maybe Maguire is better technically, although I've not seen it, but on pure doing your job, Nat does his time after time after time, while Maguire is a liability. He runs about like a headless chicken and causes more issues than he solves.

Klopp has admitted he made a mistake putting Fab and Hendo in the back 4 last season, I think he realised he should have trusted Nat and Rhys a lot sooner than he did.

For a professional, playing for Liverpool, at Anfield and at places like the San Siro, being on the bench at these grounds, training at Kirkby every day with world class players, playing for Klopp, loving your job and picking up medals that matter, surely that is a dream job. I'd rather that than play week in week out for Burnley.

Was exactly my point, but Al was adamant that Nat was pulling us down and should never play for us again despite what the win ratio said when Fabi was restored to midfield and Nat played in defense. We were so much better at the tail end of last season.

What he said made no sense considering how much we improved in the last part of last season and still makes no sense even though Nat has played only a couple of games this season.

Al, his narratives/agenda and going round circles. It's classic!

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3207 on: December 8, 2021, 11:47:36 am »
Phillips is a great example of the work that is done on the training field.

Yes he probably should have came in earlier last season but he improved massively training with the 1st team for an extended period not just pre season.

Last night he was brillant. There will be plenty of PL clubs after him in January now.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #3208 on: December 8, 2021, 11:55:31 am »
Almost unreal the improvement he's made, if he came in during the summer for 30 million and was called Natinho, he'd almost certainly be more appreciated (not saying he isn't by the majority of our fans) and rated.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #3209 on: December 8, 2021, 12:03:52 pm »
everyones favourite human gargoyle Gabby Agbonlahor chatting turbo shite about Nat being a championship player at best. So obviously for clicks so I wont post the link...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: December 8, 2021, 12:13:42 pm »
I think it helps him an awful lot myself to be honest. His confidence must be high when he hears stuff like that. Would he ever have attempted THAT turn last night if people said he should be nowhere near the team like  ;)

Yeah I don't get that logic of that. Why would it not help him to know fans rate him and have confidence in him? I don't agree with them but he's earned his fans and I don't see why extra confidence and belief would be bad for a player like Nat.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: December 8, 2021, 01:06:26 pm »
I've no idea why he'd leave mid season. Next summer, sure. But like... why get off this train now.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: December 8, 2021, 01:06:58 pm »
everyones favourite human gargoyle Gabby Agbonlahor chatting turbo shite about Nat being a championship player at best. So obviously for clicks so I wont post the link...

Doesn’t Ibangthewhore have like 5 kids to pay child support for from like 4 different women? He should probably shut the f up.

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #3213 on: December 8, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »
I've no idea why he'd leave mid season. Next summer, sure. But like... why get off this train now.

I've seen two tweets from James Pearce suggesting he's too good for 5th choice and should be looking for a move to first team football in January. Feels like a brief from club sources that we are looking to sell in Jan if a good offer is there. Think his stock is about as high as it will ever be and January can be a good time to sell to some clubs in panic mode.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3214 on: December 8, 2021, 02:24:00 pm »
He's done everything asked of him and rightly put himself in the shop window.  But if an offer for £15m or higher comes in, we're biting the hand off the team offering.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: December 8, 2021, 02:29:05 pm »
Last night he was brillant. There will be plenty of PL clubs after him in January now.
as far I'm concerned, we should just fart in their general direction.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3216 on: December 8, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »
He's done everything asked of him and rightly put himself in the shop window.  But if an offer for £15m or higher comes in, we're biting the hand off the team offering.

Honestly feel we'd be selling ourselves short, White went for £50 million.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3217 on: December 8, 2021, 03:30:09 pm »

What's he trying to say there? That he's some sort of....lion? Is that it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3218 on: December 8, 2021, 03:42:47 pm »

He's lyin about that though.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3219 on: December 8, 2021, 03:47:04 pm »
So is Jimmy Nail.
AHA!

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: December 8, 2021, 04:08:27 pm »

I’d be lion if I knew what is going on here…

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: December 8, 2021, 04:23:24 pm »

Aslan as you are doing puns - at least make an effort.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #3222 on: December 8, 2021, 05:18:44 pm »
Honestly feel we'd be selling ourselves short, White went for £50 million.

Players like Nat are not fashionable in the modern game unfortunately. I think he's a bit like Tony Adams, whereas clubs now seem to want defenders that look silky like Ben White or John Stones. I'd say we'd probably get about £15m for him, but based on ability alone, he's worth a good bit more than that.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: December 8, 2021, 05:26:06 pm »

His train of though there seems vaguely familiar,but it was the 90's and used to party quite a lot back then.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3224 on: December 8, 2021, 05:37:36 pm »
His train of though there seems vaguely familiar,but it was the 90's and used to party quite a lot back then.
Dribbling with an orange?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: December 8, 2021, 05:48:20 pm »

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #3226 on: December 9, 2021, 09:49:22 am »
West Ham are keeping tabs on him, seems like a no brainer for both parties. Anything below 25m would be a shite deal imo considering how much he's grown here, let's see where this goes.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3227 on: December 9, 2021, 10:05:50 am »
All credit and kudos to Caramac on TLW:-

Basically just want another 100 pages of this gif
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: December 9, 2021, 10:21:12 am »

If that was Maguire, Ibrahimovich still gets the ball and Maguire falls flat on his face.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: December 9, 2021, 10:58:10 am »
If he stays needs to play in all the league cup/FA cup games.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3230 on: December 9, 2021, 10:59:35 am »
If he stays needs to play in all the league cup/FA cup games.

Why does he need to play all of those games....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: December 9, 2021, 12:03:51 pm »
If that was Maguire, Ibrahimovich still gets the ball and Maguire falls flat on his face.

If that was Maguire, he'd turn without the ball and kick Ibra on the shin to earn a penalty and red card.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: December 9, 2021, 12:54:17 pm »
Why does he need to play all of those games....?

to piss off welshred of course

(where did he go btw)

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3233 on: December 9, 2021, 01:34:47 pm »
West Ham are keeping tabs on him, seems like a no brainer for both parties. Anything below 25m would be a shite deal imo considering how much he's grown here, let's see where this goes.

I could think of worse places for him to end up. He deserves a first team spot somewhere, but it will be a sad day for us when we lose him.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: December 9, 2021, 01:48:00 pm »

That could be improved upon if Nat was laughing as he ran off with it.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: December 9, 2021, 01:49:45 pm »
Players like Nat are not fashionable in the modern game unfortunately. I think he's a bit like Tony Adams, whereas clubs now seem to want defenders that look silky like Ben White or John Stones. I'd say we'd probably get about £15m for him, but based on ability alone, he's worth a good bit more than that.

what do you mean not fashionable? Maguire went for 80 big ones.

there will always be a market for players like him as long as there are dinosaurs like pulis,dyche and big sam in management.

didn't he sign a contract extension just before the start of the season. If we get a decent amount off him, it will be another one of Edwards last masterstroke for us

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: December 9, 2021, 01:54:06 pm »
what do you mean not fashionable? Maguire went for 80 big ones.

there will always be a market for players like him as long as there are dinosaurs like pulis,dyche and big sam in management.

didn't he sign a contract extension just before the start of the season. If we get a decent amount off him, it will be another one of Edwards last masterstroke for us

Except that Maguire was fraudulently raised up by the english media and manu supporters as some classy ball playing centerback so they 1) compare him to VVD and 2) justify the price tag.

Turns out - as many knew - that he's trash.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3237 on: December 9, 2021, 02:00:27 pm »
He was 19 and already a tall lad when we signed him, so I doubt he's grown all that much in fairness.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3238 on: December 9, 2021, 05:36:11 pm »

Can't stop watching this gif, and the more it's quoted, the better. :)

Funny thing though, Nat's first touch is not the best, which puts the ball a bit away from him. Kessie and the other attacker sense a vulnerability and go for the press with the hope to get to the ball first, and then the magic happens... Kinda like this:

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3239 on: December 9, 2021, 07:45:44 pm »
Can't stop watching this gif, and the more it's quoted, the better. :)

Funny thing though, Nat's first touch is not the best, which puts the ball a bit away from him. Kessie and the other attacker sense a vulnerability and go for the press with the hope to get to the ball first, and then the magic happens... Kinda like this:

Who's "the other attacker"? Anyone of note?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258