Author Topic: Merseyrail - now with added 777  (Read 53171 times)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
Re: Merseyrail
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2021, 08:35:07 pm »
Came through Crewe Station last week, must have been  a dozen of them parked up in the sidings.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 7, 2022, 04:56:15 pm »
Aiming to have them in by the end of January 2022. Not ideal as it gets colder/icier but should make a huge difference to accessibility

It does look strange with 2 holes poking out of the side of the building

Was at St Michaels again today and there is no way those lifts will be installed by the end of this month. It doesn't look any different from a month ago; still looks like the work has barely begun. Not a scrap of steel work in place as far as I could see.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #162 on: January 7, 2022, 04:58:20 pm »
Was at St Michaels again today and there is no way those lifts will be installed by the end of this month. It doesn't look any different from a month ago; still looks like the work has barely begun. Not a scrap of steel work in place as far as I could see.

Maybe the steelwork has been diverted to the BMD sandpit?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 7, 2022, 05:27:43 pm »
Maybe the steelwork has been diverted to the BMD sandpit?

I was thinking more that it had been nicked for Anfield. ;D

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 7, 2022, 05:31:35 pm »
I was thinking more that it had been nicked for Anfield. ;D

That's OK then.

Anyway isn't Usmanov freely donating the steel for BMD?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #165 on: January 7, 2022, 06:54:10 pm »
Well I think everything is up in the air

Another fresh wave of cancellations announced today due to staff shortages due to COVID.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 7, 2022, 09:24:43 pm »
Well I think everything is up in the air

Another fresh wave of cancellations announced today due to staff shortages due to COVID.

They're going to have to start sticking the drivers and guards in hazmat suits.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2022, 06:50:48 pm »
30 min service on all lines from the 17th until further notice

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2022, 08:33:35 pm »
Great. That's going to make getting to therapy in Waterloo even more fun. :butt.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2022, 07:12:00 am »
Those times are unhelpful to me work-wise, I also hope they put on bigger trains. There are still too many people not wearing masks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2022, 07:37:58 am »
30 min service on all lines from the 17th until further notice

Haha classic Merseyrail, absolute dogshit company.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2022, 08:38:46 am »
Cgi images for the new station at St James Place have been released.

https://confidentials.com/liverpool/public-vote-baltic-triangle-merseyrail-station?fbclid=IwAR37fBG0uNG-QXOwzKGyWaW24Lihok2_aUEinDrtcjPOI79lgjtbKaLcF60

Looks like they want the public to pick the name for the new station. I guess they want to avoid confusion with James Street, and consider the original station name defunct. I'd probably go for Liverpool Parliament Street.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/00nGoahB3u4&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/00nGoahB3u4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:45:12 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2022, 08:48:56 am »
"Liverpool Baltic" makes the most sense to me. People know what the Baltic Triangle is. Nice and easy all round.

Not really sure why that needs to be put to vote to be honest. They also say this :

"The original station on the site opened in 1874 and was named after the nearby parish church. With St James not being a colloquially known “area name” in Liverpool, coupled with the risk of creating confusion amongst the travelling public with the existing James Street station on the Merseyrail network (and other similar named stations on the national network), a new name for the station is going to be needed to reflect the modern area in which it will be located."

And then give you the option of Liverpool Parliament Street?

Upper Parliament Street maybe, but how many people are aware that little stretch is called "Parliament Street"?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2022, 08:56:49 am »
"Liverpool Baltic" makes the most sense to me. People know what the Baltic Triangle is. Nice and easy all round.

Not really sure why that needs to be put to vote to be honest. They also say this :

Upper Parliament Street maybe, but how many people are aware that little stretch is called "Parliament Street"?

I do? 👀

I know Baltic is probably the better choice, but I've seen the guys who own Cains Village, which is associated with the Baltic Quarter, and I feel it somehow gives them a form of undeserved recognition. It's purely personal though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2022, 10:01:29 am »
Your Liverpool geography is better then mine then  :D

I always just thought that whole stretch from the river up to Smithdown was all called "Upper Parliament Street". I suppose it doesn´t make much sense to have an upper without a lower though!!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2022, 10:19:20 am »

Its quite warm in the summer though
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2022, 11:02:40 am »
Your Liverpool geography is better then mine then  :D

I always just thought that whole stretch from the river up to Smithdown was all called "Upper Parliament Street". I suppose it doesn´t make much sense to have an upper without a lower though!!

I do a LOT of walking.  ;D

To me it would be like confusing Bank Hall with Hall Riad because they both have the word hall in them. Just goes to show that even with smart phones and built in maps, Merseytravel worry that people will be too lazy to learn the difference!

I guess it would be different with tourists, but they stations aren't even on the same lines. Can't imagine many people heading to the Baktuc but finding themselves at the Pier Head, but that's just me!

Popcorn's Art

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2022, 10:27:31 pm »
Haha classic Merseyrail, absolute dogshit company.

The alternative was a shed load of cancellations meaning it was sometimes 40 mins between trains, at least this new timetable offers consistency for now
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2022, 10:32:33 pm »
Have the drivers sorted out their union deal yet?

I know the guards have a deal in principal so they remain a safety critical part of the running of the service. But as far as I remember, that deal is contingent on the drivers sorting out their deal with Aslef. Their driver training cant start until that is sorted.

Reading that Stadler seem to be more involved in the testing process, it seems that they haven't

Drivers wont even have a conversation until the guards deal is signed, sealed and delivered. That's on the home straight now but still not completed.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2022, 10:37:37 pm »
Why the fuck are the trains still 20 mins apart? It’s only making the trains more busier the stupid lazy fucks.

Andy, the train service depends on what Merseytravel pay Merseyrail to run it. Merseytravel in the whole, are skint, they reduce their subsidy to Merseyrail and the service Merseyrail offer in return in reduced. Obviously a lot of the issues are still covid related even if its only in terms of revenue and the like. Omicron had a big effect on staffing due to the need to isolate, hopefully that will be the end of it now. Once this is all over, there will be talks on when to resume a 15 minute service.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2022, 11:20:49 pm »
Andy, the train service depends on what Merseytravel pay Merseyrail to run it. Merseytravel in the whole, are skint, they reduce their subsidy to Merseyrail and the service Merseyrail offer in return in reduced. Obviously a lot of the issues are still covid related even if its only in terms of revenue and the like. Omicron had a big effect on staffing due to the need to isolate, hopefully that will be the end of it now. Once this is all over, there will be talks on when to resume a 15 minute service.

I thought the current reduction to a 30 minute service was Covid related due to staff absence. Hopefully as cases (slowly) drop that the 15 minute service can be reinstated.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2022, 11:29:29 pm »
I thought the current reduction to a 30 minute service was Covid related due to staff absence. Hopefully as cases (slowly) drop that the 15 minute service can be reinstated.

Yeah I was replying to the earlier comment about still having a 20 min service rather than the pre-covid 15. The 30 min service currently is absolutely down to the staff levels because of Omicron

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2022, 11:37:57 pm »

I can't see the 15 minute service being reinstated anytime soon. They've been on 20 minute service through most of the past 12 months thanks to Covid, so just expect them to return to that, at least until the new trains are ready to enter service.

Popcorn's Art

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2022, 11:43:30 pm »
I can't see the 15 minute service being reinstated anytime soon. They've been on 20 minute service through most of the past 12 months thanks to Covid, so just expect them to return to that, at least until the new trains are ready to enter service.

Its all very hush hush about that. Just vague hints every now and then. As mentioned earlier, the new trains are relying on firstly guard agreement being signed off, then the drivers too. If that drags on for a while after covid finishes I think we'll get the 15 min service back earlier. But who knows? There's so many variables

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2022, 11:55:45 pm »
Its all very hush hush about that. Just vague hints every now and then. As mentioned earlier, the new trains are relying on firstly guard agreement being signed off, then the drivers too. If that drags on for a while after covid finishes I think we'll get the 15 min service back earlier. But who knows? There's so many variables

Well from what I've seen (and subsequently shared in here) there's enough new trains to start services on the Wirral Line, but what kind of frequency they might have is a bit up in the air. There's just too many variables right now.

Popcorn's Art

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2022, 01:06:55 am »
Exactly. A lot of work to be done yet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2022, 10:30:31 am »

I think you're right about the 20 minutes when I think about it. At least it's better than the 30 minutes.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2022, 11:36:19 am »
I think you're right about the 20 minutes when I think about it. At least it's better than the 30 minutes.

It'll certainly go back to 20 mins before the 15 mins returns.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2022, 03:05:59 pm »
Finally decided to renew my Trio C1 for 1 year.

I'm certain there won't be another lockdown.

I'm able to wobble like a bobbler on bus and trains again.

Cracking!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2022, 04:56:20 pm »
For those interested, frequency of services will increase on 14th February

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2022, 05:40:07 pm »
For those interested, frequency of services will increase on 14th February

Back to 20 minutes?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2022, 06:52:51 pm »
There seems to be additional trains running on the Southport-Hunts Cross line. When I was at Waterloo on Friday, there was a Southport train around 2.25 I think that was terminating at Central

More details here: https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-journey/30-minute-timetable.aspx

And here: https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-journey/timetable-from-14-february.aspx

From Monday 14 February:

Southport and Hunts Cross lines - Trains will run every 20 minutes from the start to the end of service.

Ormskirk and Kirkby lines - Trains will run every 20 minutes until 20:00, then every 30 minutes until the end of service.

West Kirby and New Brighton lines - Trains will run every 20 minutes until 19:00, then every 30 minutes until the end of service.

Chester line - Trains will run every 15 minutes from 07:00 until 19:00. They will run every 30 minutes before 07:00 and after 19:00 until the end of service.

Ellesmere Port line - Trains will continue to run every 30 minutes from the start to the end of service.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2022, 06:57:04 pm »
There seems to be additional trains running on the Southport-Hunts Cross line. When I was at Waterloo on Friday, there was a Southport train around 2.25 I think that was terminating at Central

More details here: https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-journey/30-minute-timetable.aspx

And here: https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-journey/timetable-from-14-february.aspx

Thanks for that. Saves me trying to work my way around their confusing website.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2022, 07:31:28 pm »
Thanks for that. Saves me trying to work my way around their confusing website.

Yeah it's not the best. Fortunately this was pretty straight forward lol.

Popcorn's Art

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2022, 07:36:41 pm »
Back to 20 minutes?

Yeah it’s pretty much back to what it was, 20 mins mainly but 15 mins to Chester

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: February 4, 2022, 02:43:40 pm »

Plan will be to hopefully have a 15 min service back in April. Again dependent on no new variants of COVID or any other crazy happenings

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 4, 2022, 02:50:08 pm »
Its actually a pain that its going back to 20 mins. The changeover between the Northern and Wirral line at Central is better when its a 30 min service.

I have about 5 mins when it is a 30 mins service

But when it goes back to 20 min I have to rely on the wirral line running 1-2 mins late (and run down that escalator) in order for me to make my Chester train.

Hopefully it goes back to a full 15 min service soon. But I reckon Merseyrail will attempt to carry on using the covid to carry on the cut.

Moved back onto my monthly railpass for the first time post pandemic. Used the merseyrail only 'Tap in' renewal pads for the first time. Worked well
« Last Edit: February 4, 2022, 02:51:48 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: February 4, 2022, 04:25:08 pm »
Hopefully it goes back to a full 15 min service soon. But I reckon Merseyrail will attempt to carry on using the covid to carry on the cut.

Like I said, it will be 15 mins from some time in April. All things being equal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2022, 11:24:01 pm »
The reason behind the Kirkby station crash;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60322821

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2022, 11:42:12 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA