Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1324944 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee
« Reply #16360 on: January 29, 2023, 02:58:20 pm »
How can LFC allow a fucking Manchester United fan to ref us again and again.

Only way I can see it stopping is if we just outright refused to play the game. English football is as bent as fuck.

Foul of Salah, edge of the area ignored. Konate pulled over in the area. Ignored.

Not sure there can be anyone that don’t think it’s just plain wrong the referees in this country. Every fucking week.

Absolute fucking disgrace all the way through Coote. I’d actually love it if one of ours with not long to go just knocked the fucker out. I’m really surprised given how fucking bent they are that it hasn’t already happened.

That free kick against Milner when he got the ball on 65 minutes sums up Coote. Made worse when Milner was clearly pushed over in the area. Fucking ignored, of course.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16361 on: January 29, 2023, 03:10:58 pm »
Ha deffo foul by Konate. First decision to go our way all day :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #16362 on: January 29, 2023, 03:14:24 pm »
I thought the Brighton man made an absolute meal of that. Good challenge by Konate.

* My phone's autocorrect changed Konate to Monster. 😃
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16363 on: January 29, 2023, 03:15:22 pm »
Deffo bad foul by Fabinho as well

I think Klopp has maybe said - these have been booting us up and down the park all day, give them a fucking kick.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16364 on: January 29, 2023, 03:16:55 pm »
Dumb as fuck by Fabio, even dumber making a big deal of it like he’s expecting a red. Don’t know where his heads at.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16365 on: January 29, 2023, 03:18:09 pm »
Dumb as fuck by Fabio, even dumber making a big deal of it like he’s expecting a red. Don’t know where his heads at.

Just looked like he knew it was a shocker and felt bad about it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16366 on: January 29, 2023, 03:20:49 pm »

Yeah that's the way I read it

Weird the Coote didn't fuck us over those though

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16367 on: January 29, 2023, 03:25:40 pm »
Yeah that's the way I read it

Weird the Coote didn't fuck us over those though

Probably because not every game is an anti-liverpool conspiracy like you think it is, mate.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16368 on: January 29, 2023, 03:26:07 pm »

And the foul itself??

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16369 on: January 29, 2023, 03:26:40 pm »
Time keeping in this country is farcical, 5 added when Mac Allister and the other guy took that long alone. Not that'd we'd have scored even if 20 were added but just a general point

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16370 on: January 29, 2023, 03:27:18 pm »
100% a ref for Fabinho that.

Would like to have seen the offside again as they showed a still at first and then went back a frame!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16371 on: January 29, 2023, 03:50:25 pm »
100% a ref for Fabinho that.

Would like to have seen the offside again as they showed a still at first and then went back a frame!

Was deffo offside. When they showed it again with the lines, was a different frame.

I'm glad. I think we need a break at the moment. Going to be hard to get any momentum going this season. Another replay on the 8th would have fucked us completely.

This day and age they need to fuck off these bastard replays. Who the fuck wants them especially after that fucking stupid World Cup shite.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16372 on: January 29, 2023, 03:55:27 pm »

* My phone's autocorrect changed Konate to Monster. 😃

I mean it's not wrong ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16373 on: January 29, 2023, 03:57:24 pm »

Yeah , my eyes are shit but I thought it was offside, looked like a red arm was all that was keeping them on in the pic they showed.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16374 on: January 29, 2023, 04:14:49 pm »
Yeah , my eyes are shit but I thought it was offside, looked like a red arm was all that was keeping them on in the pic they showed.

Same, then they showed the VAR view and it was a different frame where he was on. Very confusing, would prefer the TV companies just showed it in full without a random still.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16375 on: January 29, 2023, 04:35:52 pm »
Genuinely shocked Fabinho didn't get a red. He seemed sure he was off too.  Horrible challenge.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #16376 on: January 29, 2023, 04:41:33 pm »
I know he's playing crap anyway so wouldn't make much difference but he's done us a favour not sending Fabinho off as he'd have missed the derby and the game either side. A lot more pressure on Bajcetic then for 3 games with no cover.

Thought their goal could have gone either way but i'd rather the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt when it's so tight. Plus I really didn't want a replay so i'm not complaining it was given.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 04:45:28 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16377 on: January 29, 2023, 04:44:32 pm »
Time keeping in this country is farcical, 5 added when Mac Allister and the other guy took that long alone. Not that'd we'd have scored even if 20 were added but just a general point

Lost 2-3 minutes from the goal being scored to the restart within the injury time as well. Played about an extra 20 seconds.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #16378 on: January 29, 2023, 04:46:27 pm »
How can you not give a red card when you see a reply of the Fabinho challenge??!!  :o :butt :wanker

Seriously this needs to be binned immediately as it's bringing the game into disrepute and will only indice more hatred towards the game and opposing fan's football teams
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16379 on: January 29, 2023, 04:51:37 pm »
Wasn't even the so-called 'orange card' scenario. It was a clear red.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #16380 on: January 29, 2023, 06:22:48 pm »
Was deffo offside. When they showed it again with the lines, was a different frame.

I'm glad. I think we need a break at the moment. Going to be hard to get any momentum going this season. Another replay on the 8th would have fucked us completely.

This day and age they need to fuck off these bastard replays. Who the fuck wants them especially after that fucking stupid World Cup shite.
Did the two reds not given factor into the refs being bought off and trying to screw Liverpool today
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16381 on: January 29, 2023, 07:15:02 pm »
Did the two reds not given factor into the refs being bought off and trying to screw Liverpool today

I'm very surprised that Coote never used a Red. I can get the Fabinho one, but Konate they actually made contact with each others hips.

This modern game is shite now though. Gets more laughable every week. Given how much your divers get freekicks for their squeaky 'Platoon' style dives, you'd think that they were going to be given last rites.

Fabinho probably got the benefit of the doubt having been on for about a minute. The Robbo 'foul' was actually their player jumping in two footed.

So maybe got away with one, but when Keita was backed into - that actually could have been a very serious injury. Not even a booking.

It's always hard to tell if refs are bent or shite or both most of the time, but Coote has quite the record with us.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16382 on: January 29, 2023, 07:26:15 pm »
Fabinho one I thought looked a booking in real time (i.e. late and a bit reckless) but one where VAR should have got involved with benefit of replays as it was really dangerous.

Players should be protected more from bad challenges and VAR doesn't get involved enough on that front. Partey against us for example should have gone and that ruined Diaz's season.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16383 on: January 29, 2023, 07:37:13 pm »

Man U fan moaning about a dodgy ref... Give me a break

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16384 on: January 29, 2023, 07:38:56 pm »
Genuinely shocked Fabinho didn't get a red. He seemed sure he was off too.  Horrible challenge.

Yeah, really surprised by that. Konate I could understand they wouldn't overturn but Fabinho's was pretty blatant. It comes down to the inconsistency again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16385 on: January 29, 2023, 07:48:43 pm »
Are you renting out your holiday Home Tony ? A couple of months away and you always seems to come back with a lot of energy ! Must be a fantastic place !
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16386 on: January 29, 2023, 07:50:01 pm »
Are you renting out your holiday Home Tony ? A couple of months away and you always seems to come back with a lot of energy ! Must be a fantastic place !

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16387 on: January 31, 2023, 01:02:24 am »
Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body responsible for match officials across English football, has admitted Liverpool midfielder Fabinho should have been sent off for his challenge on Brighton & Hove Albion forward Evan Ferguson in Sunday's FA Cup tie.

Fabinho caught Ferguson on the Achilles in a lunging challenge from behind in the 86th minute. Referee David Coote gave the foul but only showed Fabinho a yellow card and the VAR, Neil Swarbrick, decided against a review to upgrade to a red card.

PGMOL expects fouls of this nature to result in a red card, with the full point of contact from the studs above the ankle from behind, and there should have been a VAR intervention with the player sent off for serious foul play.

Even though PGMOL has conceded Fabinho should have been sent off -- and therefore serve a three-match ban -- no retrospective action is possible because the incident was seen and assessed by both the referee and the VAR. The Football Association could only charge the Liverpool player if the officials hadn't seen it during the game.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #16388 on: January 31, 2023, 01:20:15 am »
Not often I say this but a few games off might not have been a bad thing for Fab
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16389 on: January 31, 2023, 10:26:10 am »
Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body responsible for match officials across English football, has admitted Liverpool midfielder Fabinho should have been sent off for his challenge on Brighton & Hove Albion forward Evan Ferguson in Sunday's FA Cup tie.

Li-VAR-pool getting looked after again..

I was surprised Fab didn't see red, it was such an stupid thing to do. Don't know if there was intent or his head just wasn't switched on. Lack of sleep from the new baby getting to him?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16390 on: January 31, 2023, 10:59:55 am »
Forgot about this as it was fairly close to the start of the game, but does anyone remember Ferguson running towards the corner, stop and just fall on the floor when Gomez was near him? No freekick was given to Brighton and we just played on and no booking given at the next break of play. Linesman clearly saw it and said no foul.

What is the actual ruling on diving? Is it if the player is trying to win a penalty? (more rules for one area of the pitch only).

Looking at it from a completely simplistic point of view, diving is a just a player deciding not to want the ball anymore and deciding to fall to the floor, so why not just play on? But then they do still punish it some times.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16391 on: January 31, 2023, 11:17:51 am »

I've always said their needs to be an independent timekeeper like in Rugby, so everyone can see how long is left, whether in the stadium or watching on TV.
#Sausages

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #16392 on: January 31, 2023, 11:19:19 am »
Forgot about this as it was fairly close to the start of the game, but does anyone remember Ferguson running towards the corner, stop and just fall on the floor when Gomez was near him? No freekick was given to Brighton and we just played on and no booking given at the next break of play. Linesman clearly saw it and said no foul.

What is the actual ruling on diving? Is it if the player is trying to win a penalty? (more rules for one area of the pitch only).

Looking at it from a completely simplistic point of view, diving is a just a player deciding not to want the ball anymore and deciding to fall to the floor, so why not just play on? But then they do still punish it some times.

It was Robbo that was behind him, he was outraged by the dive, and it was just after Bajcetic was booked for nothing. As far as I know, the rule is that diving is always a bookable offence, but it mostly goes unpunished.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16393 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:04 pm »

I didn't think he dived, what he did as far as I was concerned was he just stopped running trying to initiate a foul and Robbo ran into the back of him
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16394 on: January 31, 2023, 09:42:15 pm »
Got to be a red for Guimaraes this, he'd lost the plot before then

Edit- been sent off so a nice 3 match ban upcoming. Should be extended for failing to leave the pitch
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:47:53 pm by cdav »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16395 on: January 31, 2023, 09:47:37 pm »
Got to be a red for Guimaraes this, he'd lost the plot before then

Deserved. Shame Ward-Prowse couldn't make them pay.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #16396 on: February 1, 2023, 08:27:46 pm »
No red for Antony stamp.
Three fouls on the Forest player and the ref give United a free kick. Antony stamps in passing, snarled at thhe forestmplayer for being a cheat and VAR says the ref was right.
Just shit referees in PGMOL.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16397 on: February 4, 2023, 09:20:03 pm »
Not a penalty for handball on the line in our match. Neil Mellor was adamant it was a handball and said this is why VAR was introduced to the game to catch "obvious" errors.

When the replay came on he was twice as sure. Then of course Lee Mason went for a coffee.

Would that have changed the match? Who knows. But the point stands, it should have been an obvious call.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16398 on: February 4, 2023, 09:32:28 pm »
We don't get pens mate

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #16399 on: February 4, 2023, 10:02:41 pm »
It would have been a harsh penalty, I never expected them to give it. Dawson should have been sent off, though (nothing to do with VAR, I know).