Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 495755 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #960 on: May 22, 2011, 09:40:40 am »
Sounds like some media tosser riled Kenny there! I've said this before (probably not here) but as much as I love Rafa,Kenny's press conferences are a breath of freah air-he doesn't court the press nor alienate them,he doesn't offer an insight to his tactics but no one questions that, he doesn't allow dickhead SKY to dictate proceedings and his press conferences are with us in mind! Rafa had a similar mindset but didn't have the background and respect in this country to carry it off-I've no idea why,when things were obviously against Rafa last season,someone in the club didn't put Sammy Lee in the after match interview situation like Mike Phelan does when fuckface doesn't want to play out? I took for granted Kennys aura when he was first in charge and it took the fucking werthers owl to hammer it home!

Remember, Kenny is under nothing like the pressure Rafa was under from the moment he walked through the door.  The drunkard dare not try to wheel out his minions of arse licking fellow Prem managers to attack the King for one thing.  The closest I've seen to the media getting shirty with Kenny is Special 1 TV.  I think they tried to imply Kenny's sardonic responses meant he was up his own arse, but I could be wrong.   ;)

The media will regroup in the summer when we have a new squad and use expectation as a weapon.  I expect they will suffer further ego casualties.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:04 am »
Another classic Kenny interview, its wonderful to have him back. You know what, we are so fucking lucky.

Offline Oh Sami Sami

• Kopite
« Reply #962 on: May 22, 2011, 11:46:38 am »
Great interview that, loved it. :D

Offline kennysmen

• Main Stander
« Reply #963 on: May 22, 2011, 02:48:25 pm »
Love how little time and respect he gives Vin O Connor, give's him the run around every press conference fucking brilliant!

Twat Vinny :tosser!!!
This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #964 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:36 am »
Last post match press conf of the season and it was class.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NdR-7Kwvnd8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NdR-7Kwvnd8</a>

Offline Aleeed#

• Jooones - Waaalkiiing Iiin Theee Aaaiiir :)
  • Anny Roader
  • VVD enthusiast.
« Reply #965 on: May 23, 2011, 11:05:30 am »
Just tweeted good old Vincent..

AleeedThomas
Bet @VinnOConnor is glad that the season is over! Must have been sick of @kennethdalglish embarrassing him at every presser. #LFC

and I got the reply...

VinnOConnor
@AleeedThomas Embarrassed? ha ha!

:wave

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #966 on: May 23, 2011, 11:12:18 am »
Just tweeted good old Vincent..

AleeedThomas
Bet @VinnOConnor is glad that the season is over! Must have been sick of @kennethdalglish embarrassing him at every presser. #LFC

and I got the reply...

VinnOConnor
@AleeedThomas Embarrassed? ha ha!

:D :D

Offline Aleeed#

• Jooones - Waaalkiiing Iiin Theee Aaaiiir :)
  • Anny Roader
  • VVD enthusiast.
« Reply #967 on: May 23, 2011, 11:13:39 am »
VinnOConnor
@AleeedThomas @RupyS aye banters good....I'm not having embarrassed tho!! lol

@RupyS @AleeedThomas well we get the answers when he's got something to tell us!!

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #968 on: May 23, 2011, 11:16:55 am »
Vinny wasn't at the pre match press conference. They sent him to cover Wigan instead. I really missed him ha ha. Vinny is the King's straight man. It's not the same when he's not there.

I think they should take there double act on the road :)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: May 23, 2011, 06:37:39 pm »
Not the usual interview you see with Kenny but definitely a great cause and nice to see the old legends in the kitchen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VlCiv0q-fk&NR=1
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #970 on: May 23, 2011, 06:55:33 pm »
Not the usual interview you see with Kenny but definitely a great cause and nice to see the old legends in the kitchen

Lol! We even beat the blueshite at cooking.  ;D

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #971 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04:50 am »

haha I don't mind that they took my clip that I recorded and re-loaded it haha but man they even used my title and stole me description. :lmao

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #972 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:13 am »
I have got literally no idea what you're talking about here. Are you suggesting you thought the team, as a team, helps pick players/perhaps helps pick the team? Because you must be a WUM if you are suggesting that, as it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We're not talking about picking the team here, we're talking about bringing people into the club, that's what Kenny was talking about - got it?

We are possibly the only club with a Director of Football in the Premiership - quite a radical move for Fenway and for LFC. To have a young (under 40) DoF like Comolli with no previous connection to the club theoretically at least above Kenny Dalglish in the Liverpool club hierarchy is a situation which I feel is worth keeping an eye on and worthy of discussion on these boards.

You obviously feel our DoF/Manager relationship is going to be hunky-dory for ever more, and everything in the garden is so rosy that we shouldn't even comment on it - hope you're right!

I thought Kenny's "There's only one person who can decide players, and that's the manager" was quite different to all the other stuff we've been hearing so far - that's why I mentioned it.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: May 24, 2011, 05:37:56 am »
We're not talking about picking the team here, we're talking about bringing people into the club, that's what Kenny was talking about - got it?

We are possibly the only club with a Director of Football in the Premiership - quite a radical move for Fenway and for LFC. To have a young (under 40) DoF like Comolli with no previous connection to the club theoretically at least above Kenny Dalglish in the Liverpool club hierarchy is a situation which I feel is worth keeping an eye on and worthy of discussion on these boards.

You obviously feel our DoF/Manager relationship is going to be hunky-dory for ever more, and everything in the garden is so rosy that we shouldn't even comment on it - hope you're right!

I thought Kenny's "There's only one person who can decide players, and that's the manager" was quite different to all the other stuff we've been hearing so far - that's why I mentioned it.

No, it's about trusting and backing your club. You talk about trusting Kenny more than Comolli and that there will be friction between the manager and the DOF. However, if you actually trust Kenny, you would know that if he thought that we were going in the wrong direction, he would the absolutely first person who would bring it up and tactically gain an advantage over them. And Kenny seems pretty damn happy with where the club is going right now. So should you.

Furthermore, you should judge by experience and results. So far neither of have them done their credentials any harm. Stop creating situations out of thin air. Back the club.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #974 on: May 24, 2011, 10:14:21 am »

We are possibly the only club with a Director of Football in the Premiership - quite a radical move for Fenway and for LFC.

We're not. Currently of the top of my head:

Stoke
Chelsea
Man City
West Brom

There used to be:

Spurs
Fulham
Newcastle
Pompey
West Ham
Charlton

I've probably missed some.

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #975 on: May 24, 2011, 10:48:04 am »

Look you may have genuinely misunderstood but if you had seen the press conference you would know that he was asked

"Having had your own future secured has that helped in your planning are you more advanced in terms of the future and how you see Liverpool football club going"

Kenny then said, that planning for some things had happened regardless of who was going to be Manager ie pre-season training  but that with regards to players only the manager (the permanent manager) could do that. (He was saying he hasn't done any planning around that or worked with Comolli because he wasn't the manager he was the caretaker). He then said "we" as in WE will need to get our skates on now and be looking into that.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #976 on: May 24, 2011, 03:52:03 pm »
We're not. Currently of the top of my head:

Stoke
Chelsea
Man City
West Brom

There used to be:

Spurs
Fulham
Newcastle
Pompey
West Ham
Charlton

I've probably missed some.

Blackburn, the king himself was DOF.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: May 26, 2011, 02:40:01 am »
Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish responds to Murphy's 'little pressure' claim

Kenny Dalglish has taken Danny Murphy to task after the Fulham captain claimed Liverpool have to prove they can perform under pressure when they bid to return to the Champions League next season.

Liverpool were transformed in the second half of the season under Dalglish, rising from 12th when he replaced Roy Hodgson as manager in January to sixth and only missing out on the Europa League after losing their final two matches. Among several impressive performances was a 5-2 win at Fulham on 9 May, after which Murphy praised his former club's revival but claimed Liverpool's woeful start to the season had allowed them to play without pressure in the final months.

When asked if Liverpool could challenge for the title in 2012, Murphy replied: "It's hard to say because they have been playing under very little pressure. They haven't needed to go out and win games, and everything they get now is a bonus. It will be a different ask for those players to play under pressure every week if they are near the top, but with Kenny in charge and a few more additions they will be pushing for the top four again."

Dalglish is unhappy with that evaluation, however, and has rebuked a player who championed Hodgson's credentials for the Liverpool job that he sought last summer. The Liverpool manager said: "He [Murphy] should know there is always pressure here. He played here long enough, didn't he? I just know that we played fantastic that night against Fulham and so does he.

"There's always a caveat in there somewhere, isn't there? There's always somebody that asks a question. But if you take any pride in your work, you are under pressure in any walk of life. It's not just exclusive to football. You worry about their ability to play first, and I'm sure the players can handle anything else that comes with it."

Dalglish says he did not want the season to end having won 10 of 18 Premier League games since taking charge. "The season has only been a short one for myself having come in in January," he said. "You don't feel ready for a holiday and want it to continue. There will be plenty of enthusiasm in July when we come back."

Having confirmed Liverpool will be in the market for top‑quality additions this summer, the Scot is adamant he will have a squad capable of handling and fulfilling expectations next season. "The expectation is for everybody to build on what has happened since January, have a good summer and go into every game with the same attitude and commitment as we have shown since January. If you put those things in place, then we aren't going to be too far away.

"Everyone is looking forward to next season, which wouldn't have been the case if we had stayed 12th. The fans are looking forward to it and so are the players. The disappointment of earlier in the season doesn't do them any harm, because once you win a couple of games you see how enjoyable it is. We only need to show improvement, and that will be a successful season. If we improve on what we've done this season next season, then I don't think anybody can be disappointed."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/26/kenny-dalglish-danny-murphy-liverpool

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: May 26, 2011, 03:07:27 am »
Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish responds to Murphy's 'little pressure' claim

Kenny Dalglish has taken Danny Murphy to task after the Fulham captain claimed Liverpool have to prove they can perform under pressure when they bid to return to the Champions League next season.

Liverpool were transformed in the second half of the season under Dalglish, rising from 12th when he replaced Roy Hodgson as manager in January to sixth and only missing out on the Europa League after losing their final two matches. Among several impressive performances was a 5-2 win at Fulham on 9 May, after which Murphy praised his former club's revival but claimed Liverpool's woeful start to the season had allowed them to play without pressure in the final months.

When asked if Liverpool could challenge for the title in 2012, Murphy replied: "It's hard to say because they have been playing under very little pressure. They haven't needed to go out and win games, and everything they get now is a bonus. It will be a different ask for those players to play under pressure every week if they are near the top, but with Kenny in charge and a few more additions they will be pushing for the top four again."

Dalglish is unhappy with that evaluation, however, and has rebuked a player who championed Hodgson's credentials for the Liverpool job that he sought last summer. The Liverpool manager said: "He [Murphy] should know there is always pressure here. He played here long enough, didn't he? I just know that we played fantastic that night against Fulham and so does he.

"There's always a caveat in there somewhere, isn't there? There's always somebody that asks a question. But if you take any pride in your work, you are under pressure in any walk of life. It's not just exclusive to football. You worry about their ability to play first, and I'm sure the players can handle anything else that comes with it."

Dalglish says he did not want the season to end having won 10 of 18 Premier League games since taking charge. "The season has only been a short one for myself having come in in January," he said. "You don't feel ready for a holiday and want it to continue. There will be plenty of enthusiasm in July when we come back."

Having confirmed Liverpool will be in the market for top‑quality additions this summer, the Scot is adamant he will have a squad capable of handling and fulfilling expectations next season. "The expectation is for everybody to build on what has happened since January, have a good summer and go into every game with the same attitude and commitment as we have shown since January. If you put those things in place, then we aren't going to be too far away.

"Everyone is looking forward to next season, which wouldn't have been the case if we had stayed 12th. The fans are looking forward to it and so are the players. The disappointment of earlier in the season doesn't do them any harm, because once you win a couple of games you see how enjoyable it is. We only need to show improvement, and that will be a successful season. If we improve on what we've done this season next season, then I don't think anybody can be disappointed."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/26/kenny-dalglish-danny-murphy-liverpool

Just read that before. Class response.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #979 on: May 26, 2011, 05:07:04 am »
Great response. Murphy has been a reservoir of snide comments about us for the past 18 months: from his snipes about Rafa to his openly stated belief that Kenny shouldn't be managing us and that Hodgson was the best man for the job. Rather than being bitter, he should concentrate on his own team.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #980 on: May 26, 2011, 06:23:34 am »
The king knows exactly what to say to dismantle any sophistry.  :)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #981 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:15 am »
Good, fat spud-headed c*nt needs to keep his gob shut.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: May 26, 2011, 07:32:55 am »
And that I believe, gentlemen, is what I call OWNED.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:20 am »
Although this may mean getting beaten up on here, I actually agree to an extent with Murphy. Whether or not his comments were snide, we can only guess, but with nothing but the best at heart for the club, I am concerned that we still have a fair way to go to be competitive when it really counts.

That said, this thread is about the way Kenny handles the media, and he responded perfectly as you would expect him to.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #984 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:39 am »
Blackburn, the king himself was DOF.
Yip, he was also DoF at Newcastle Celtic, which is my basis for brushing aside accusations of Kenny wanting full control over transfers. He knows the role, he knows the need for it, he knows the benefits of the role. I would say, he's all for a DoF.

Also- Wigan also has a DoF.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:43:56 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #985 on: May 26, 2011, 10:24:16 am »
Although this may mean getting beaten up on here, I actually agree to an extent with Murphy. Whether or not his comments were snide, we can only guess, but with nothing but the best at heart for the club, I am concerned that we still have a fair way to go to be competitive when it really counts.

That said, this thread is about the way Kenny handles the media, and he responded perfectly as you would expect him to.
Murphy has form. He needed dressing down. After what Kenny said that'll be the last we hear from Murphy!

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:23 am »
Murphy has form. He needed dressing down. After what Kenny said that'll be the last we hear from Murphy!

Yes and quite right too. Danny needs to keep his gob shut a bit more when asked about his former club.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #987 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:33 am »
And that I believe, gentlemen, is what I call OWNED.

Owned would have been if Kenny had said "yeah, Danny would know all about the pressure here, since it was obviously too much for him".

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #988 on: May 26, 2011, 10:29:19 am »
Surely the players had a fair amount of pressure on their heads when we were in the bottom half and way off where we should of been?!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:15 am »
Surely the players had a fair amount of pressure on their heads when we were in the bottom half and way off where we should of been?!

It's a different kind of pressure. I've talked about it in another thread so can't be arsed going into it again but I think Murphy is right to some extent. Not that I really care for him saying it in an interview and not that it's any reflection on Kenny or the coaching staff.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »
Kenny: Players will still sign
26th May 2011 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish is adamant a lack of European football will not harm Liverpool's chances of attracting players this summer.

The Reds will not appear in continental competition next season for the first time since 1999-2000.

Back then Gerard Houllier still persuaded Didi Hamann, Sami Hyypia, Stephane Henchoz and Vladimir Smicer to relocate to Merseyside.

Dalglish - who came agonisingly close to guiding us into the Europa League despite a 12th-placed standing when he took over in January - doesn't have any worries over replicating such a successful summer of transfer activity.

"I've heard people say us not playing in Europe means we won't be an attractive proposition for some players. I disagree," Dalglish wrote in his column for LFC Weekly.

"The history and tradition of this club makes us attractive whether we are or aren't involved in European competition.

"If a player thinks otherwise we are better off without him."

Meanwhile, Dalglish spoke of his sympathy for Blackpool, who were relegated having scored more goals than any side ever to finish in the Premier League bottom three.

"I've spoken a few times this season about how I've admired the way Blackpool played and plenty of people will have sympathy for them after their relegation," said the gaffer.

"They can be more than happy with the efforts they put into their battle against the drop."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-players-will-still-sign

The bolded part is class from the king.

If you don't want to be here, fuck off.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #991 on: May 26, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »
Finally!, well done Kenny, Murphy needs to understand we know that its bitterness and frustration which makes him say what he says.

What a muppet.

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #992 on: May 26, 2011, 04:13:59 pm »
Kenny is right, if a player only wants to come here when we're in Europe we're better off without him.
What is it with Spud, I used to like the lad, but why does he come out with all this shite?
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #993 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:49 pm »
Murphy deserved that little dose of his own medicine

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: May 26, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »
Owned would have been if Kenny had said "yeah, Danny would know all about the pressure here, since it was obviously too much for him".

But the fact that he didn't say it like that is exactly the reason why he's insanely good with the media. He would never come out and say, "You're shit anyways so your opinion is automatically shit and doesn't matter (even though that might've been on the King's and our minds).

It's the fact that he'll answer the question with utmost respect and tact and still be able to stick a dagger into you and whatever you said. In no part of that interview did he belittle or insult Murphy. However, he still destroyed the content of Murphy's argument while sneaking in a tiny little slight ("He would have to admit that we were fantastic at Fulham").

I know it's overstated, but long live the King!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: May 26, 2011, 06:33:47 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrOEheLpH7A&feature=related

The King at his very best, never seen this before.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #996 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:48 am »
Although what Murphy said this time may have some ground to it, but I think he's just one of many ex-players who has far too long making snide comments about us. Glad that King Kenny fire away a reply to him. Maybe King Kenny reply to him is to make an example to all those ex-players out there that they better think twice before uttering shit about us. Since he took over, we're seeing him shutting up one by one those ex-players.

King Kenny

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: May 27, 2011, 08:39:56 am »
The man is just fucking boss. thats all that can be said, every word he utters is just as class as the previous one.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #998 on: May 27, 2011, 09:08:47 am »
I genuinely think it was too easy for people in he media and ex players to spout shit about our club when rafa was still manager. No fault of him, but he really struggled playing the media game and in the end it showed by the hateful criticism he got from many quarters for even the smallest mistake.

Contrast that with kennys natural demeanour and you have a situation where any criticism has to be valid and justifiable, otherwise he will pick your argument apart with aplomb. Basically, pundits and the like will have to work harder for their pieces of silver which can only be good for the club in the long term.

Can't wait for Merson to start having a go though! He'll get his arse handed to him
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:37 am »
Murphy is bitterly frustrated that he couldn´t return and that Lucas is playing the role he thinks he deserves for himself. In his game against us he  showed his real intentions.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10