Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129441 times)

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #22960 on: July 15, 2012, 10:14:54 am »
Well, what a night of boxing that one was!

David Haye, done what we expected, done it in style though. I was watching the fight a bit drunk with some of the fellas round at my house and the first knock down I didnt even see the punch that put him there it was that quick. Speed kills! Bang, have that! Once Haye has you hurt hes quick enough and powerful enough to finish you off, hes got that killer instinct and hes a great finisher. Chisora never had a chance. He looked weird in there for me Chisora though, way he punches. That over hand right he threw looked shit, like a girly slap. Ill have to watch it again but I remember thinking at the time for a so called top heavyweight (at least on the British scene) he isnt very good at all. Where does he go from here then?

Haye will probally fight Vitali, Vitali would love the pay day and the chance to knock out David Haye for his stunt with the T Shirt and he will take the fight. He'd be stupid not to. I think Haye has more chance of beating him than Wlad though, hes that quick and has the power, a good boxing brain and will give Vitali a good go dare I say even win? Hes not getting any younger!

As for Khan, well fuck me sideways, certainly didnt expect that. Nobody did! But Christ. Full credit to Garcia, he took his chance and done it in style! As for Khan, first two rounds he was doing things right. He wasnt throwing single shots, he was putting punches together, like you should against a counter puncher, about midway through round 2 though Garcia started to time him and thats when Khan should of stopped jumping in like an amatuer. What else is worrying for Khan is whenever somebodys comes in, he throws them off and thats what cost him points against Peterson, he was doing it last night as well. If im in the opposite corner before the fight I put it in the referees head to watch out for that, always chances that it could cost Khan points & if he cant throw them off, hes fucked because he just cannot fight on the inside! After the first knock down he was gone, totally gone.

He didnt know where the fuck he was, or what was going on infact. You cant doubt his heart though when he got up, but that was the stupidest thing ive seen from Khan. Trying to stand toe to toe when your not recovered is suicide. Like I said, hes got a chip on his shoulder and needs to prove to himself that he can take a punch, if he was up against a better fighter than Garcia that 4th round wouldnt of lasted as long as it did. Khan was finished, like I said hes got heart but he hasnt got a brain im afraid. He should of held on, stayed out of the way etc  and tried to survive the 4th round. That for me is why he wont ever become what he thinks he will, he hasnt got a brain in there. For me as well, his chin isnt the problem its his amatuerish style, he jumps in throws a flurry of shots and leaves himself wide open and if you can time it right you have a good chance of putting anybody down when you hit them cleanly and they are in the right position. His chin isnt the best though ill admit it, but im more concerned with his style and how open he is. A fighter like Floyd would of gave him the hiding of his life, he isnt anywhere near that level.

Hes got a mountain to climb now as well, 2 straight defeats and the old glass jaw debate resurfacing, hes got a lot of work to do. Can he come back? I dont know, I know he'll try because one thing he isnt is a quitter. I just dont think on that performance hes got what it takes at this level anymore.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22961 on: July 15, 2012, 10:38:25 am »
Like true champions - called 7777 & Mira out, both reacted and took the fight.

Great post lads.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22962 on: July 15, 2012, 10:41:04 am »
;D

That has to be your footer.  ;D

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #22963 on: July 15, 2012, 10:42:39 am »
Khan needn't retire, but he has no ring intelligence and one of the worst glass jaws in the history of top level boxing. That isn't to say you kept stopped every time a shot lands (you don't compete in 'top level' boxing if you do) but there's a good chance you'll be badly hurt, even when hit by a relative non-puncher like Garcia. This is nothing new though, Willie Limond put the guy on his arse, for fuck's sake.

If he accepts that his level is British / European and possibly fringe world class again with a bit of hard work, he can carry on.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:47:19 am by Disintegration »

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22964 on: July 15, 2012, 10:49:00 am »
Question for the more boxing educated than me. Lot of pundits on sky sayinghat khan should move up to welter weight. Now, if khan is getting put on his arse by people at light welter, surely moving up a weight against stronger boxers woud mean he would be in even bigger trouble. Or am I completely missing something here?

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22965 on: July 15, 2012, 10:51:38 am »

That has to be your footer.  ;D

;D I was fast asleep until that post was made, I sat up bolt upright, the Mrs said whats wrong? Rawk needs me!  ;D

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22966 on: July 15, 2012, 10:53:47 am »
Question for the more boxing educated than me. Lot of pundits on sky sayinghat khan should move up to welter weight. Now, if khan is getting put on his arse by people at light welter, surely moving up a weight against stronger boxers woud mean he would be in even bigger trouble. Or am I completely missing something here?

Some fighters punch resistance could be weak because hes drained by struggling to make the weight, but I dont think that is the case here. I think he just isnt able to deal with getting hit on the chin. Some people can, some people cant.  Amir Khan't (see what I did there?) Unfortunatley for him!

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #22967 on: July 15, 2012, 10:55:20 am »

Nah, Mirra explains the weight drain, but he was getting knocked silly at lightweight, he gets knocked silly when hit solidly at light-welterweight, and you don't have to be a heavy hitter to do it. Maybe they just want him to move up so they can have some more brutal KOs for their highlight reel.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #22968 on: July 15, 2012, 10:56:02 am »

There are a couple of reasons for it mate but the driving factor is $$$

There are some massive fights to be made at Welter and he is a very big lad at 140 so easily has the frame for 147

Don't forget, that is the first time he was dropped at 140, Maidana wobbled him but he is very heavy handed like Garcia

It's not his chin that he needs to worry about, I think it's fairly normal these days, it's his ring smarts. He fought like an absolute novice at times last night and was exactly the same in sparring yet it's not being corrected

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22969 on: July 15, 2012, 10:56:45 am »
Some fighters punch resistance could be weak because hes drained by struggling to make the weight, but I dont think that is the case here. I think he just isnt able to deal with getting hit on the chin. Some people can, some people cant.  Amir Khan't (see what I did there?) Unfortunatley for him!

Makes sense, cheers for that. And I seen what you did there. Amir all week (my turn now haha)

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22970 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:23 am »

There are some massive fights to be made at Welter and he is a very big lad at 140 so easily has the frame for 147

Don't forget, that is the first time he was dropped at 140, Maidana wobbled him but he is very heavy handed like Garcia

It's not his chin that he needs to worry about, I think it's fairly normal these days, it's his ring smarts. He fought like an absolute novice at times last night and was exactly the same in sparring yet it's not being corrected

Yeah, money comes into the equation don't it. When he fought Prescott, what weight was he at then?  Was that not light welter?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22971 on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:16 am »

Think thats a good point mate about him in sparring, I seen a clip of him sparring the other day and thought the same thing. He looked terrible. Do you think he'll leave Roach now? If he does who does he go with next?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22972 on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:17 am »
Yeah, money comes into the equation don't it. When he fought Prescott, what weight was he at then?  Was that not light welter?

Lightweight mate, 135lb's

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22973 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:24 am »
Not sure where Khan goes from here, that was a very poor outing from him. Some of the hits he took didn't look all THAT poweful and he hit the canvas, his chin isn't strong enough to take on a real hitter.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22974 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:36 am »
Makes sense, cheers for that. And I seen what you did there. Amir all week (my turn now haha)

;D Nicely done my friend.

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22975 on: July 15, 2012, 11:01:03 am »
Lightweight mate, 135lb's

Cheers boss, forgot about him being that weight

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22976 on: July 15, 2012, 11:02:41 am »
Think thats a good point mate about him in sparring, I seen a clip of him sparring the other day and thought the same thing. He looked terrible. Do you think he'll leave Roach now? If he does who does he go with next?

I do mate yes, brother Naz would be good for him. I think he likes the American lifestyle but something will have to give so he can re-invent himself and I think it'll be the trainer, Roach leaving through camp isn't good and I think we will see that as the excuse, Freddie looks terrible these days, it's a fucking shame

Buddy McGirt and Mayweather Snr are options too I suppose if he staying stateside

If he comes home then the obvious answer is Joe Gallagher seeing as his camp is based out of his gym

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22977 on: July 15, 2012, 11:06:06 am »
Not sure where Khan goes from here, that was a very poor outing from him. Some of the hits he took didn't look all THAT poweful and he hit the canvas, his chin isn't strong enough to take on a real hitter.

The first shot that hit his neck was an absolute peach. Nothing whatsoever to do with his chin and would have dropped anyone. As I say, he did well even getting up and I thought Bayliss held the count for a little long as his senses had completely gone

I'd say he has been hit by far more powerful shots than that, even by Garcia last night, the key to it all unraveling was that shot to the neck which is the equivalent of flicking a light switch

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22978 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:01 am »
Joe Gallagher is the worst trainer for Khan with his style, only the Ingles would be worse. If he was to come back Id look at Jimmy Tibbs or Billy Nielson

Garcia will be fed to Mayweather absolutely. Losing against Mayweather does absolutely no harm to his career and he looks solid enough to last the distance

He will also get paid a massive amount comparatively to his previous belts and if he goes up in weight to 147lbs  he can come back down and still have his belts

Everyone in and around the light welter/welterwight limit is hoping that there number gets picked in the Maywether/Pacman sweepstakes

Garcia can become a legend if he beats Floyd, and he wouldn't get a better chance than now to take him out

It

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22979 on: July 15, 2012, 11:15:37 am »
Id think Nazim would be good for him, hes a great trainer and would certainly make Khan work on his flaws but I think a trainer can only go so far in putting the problem right. The way he was jumping in, throwing the same punches making it a lot easier for Garcia to time him, I think he gets into habits and its going to be hard to break them the longer its been left. You can tell Khan all these things in the gym but soon as he comes under fire in a fight he doesnt know what to do, im sure hes been rocked etc in sparring but what work do they do when he is hurt? I was screaming at him last night to hold on, keep away but he did everything wrong.

Its a shame about Freddie your right mate, hard to see him looking that way.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22980 on: July 15, 2012, 11:17:27 am »
Another seriously annoying trait that he learnt from Manny is banging his gloves together and egging a fighter to come at him when he has been hurt, macho bollocks especially after you've just been on your arse for the second time

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22981 on: July 15, 2012, 11:18:51 am »
Another seriously annoying trait that he learnt from Manny is banging his gloves together and egging a fighter to come at him when he has been hurt, macho bollocks especially after you've just been on your arse for the second time

Yes, seen him doing that when he was hurt in the 4th, fucking stupid. You cant doubt his heart but hes too easily drawn into a brawl because he feels he needs to prove himself I think. Stupid.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22982 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:53 am »

;D I was fast asleep until that post was made, I sat up bolt upright, the Mrs said whats wrong? Rawk needs me!  ;D

;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22983 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
I was with family last night, couldn't watch either fight. But I don't need to now. Some good stuff in here lads. Shame the football threads aren't conducted in the same manner.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22984 on: July 15, 2012, 11:26:38 am »
The Khan fight is on youtube mate, well it was about an hour ago unless they've took it down like.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22985 on: July 15, 2012, 11:27:19 am »
Khan has to leave Freddie now for for sure and I would consider leaving Goldenboy also.

Oscar's eyes were like dollar signs like 7777 said and it made me sick to be honest.

Khan v Brook - it has to be. Khan needs to box in the Uk again and earn respect.

However the Amercian dream is over - He will never be taken seriously over there now.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22986 on: July 15, 2012, 11:30:25 am »
Khan has to leave Freddie now for for sure and I would consider leaving Goldenboy also.

Oscar's eyes were like dollar signs like 7777 said and it made me sick to be honest.

Khan v Brook - it has to be. Khan needs to box in the Uk again and earn respect.

However the Amercian dream is over - He will never be taken seriously over there now.

Id love to see him and Kel get it on, id fancy Brooks chances in that one itd be a good fight.

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #22987 on: July 15, 2012, 11:32:24 am »
What an amazing night of boxing, saw the result in the Haye fight from a mile off but Kahn's was a major surprise!

He started so well and then BANG, good night Amir! Jebus as soon as he took that first punch he was done for.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22988 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:25 am »
Id love to see him and Kel get it on, id fancy Brooks chances in that one itd be a good fight.

It's the perfect fight now. Kel got lucky in his last fight and khan has just had his arse kicked.

The winner earns full respect again.

Khan has to stop chasing the rainbow and thinking he is better than what he is. Calling Mayweatheris out when he should of been calling out Bradley. I don't understand khan- what's he in boxing for? Money or to be the best? Well if it's to be the best then he has to find a brain and use it.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22989 on: July 15, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
He shouldnt of been calling anyone out except the guy infront of him mate. He has too many yes men around him, his team are a bunch of tits and someone should of gave him a clip and told him to wind his neck in. Sometimes a fighter needs to be dressed down and given a rollicking. I dont think Freddie will do that though.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22990 on: July 15, 2012, 11:47:38 am »
Khan seems to be regressing which isnt the way it should be at his age. I know he's completely thick in and out of the ring but got to wonder how much of an impact this flying all over the place and his team of yes men have (and not a good influence) aswell.

Or maybe he just missed Ariza's special milkshakes!

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22991 on: July 15, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
I think everyone here has pretty much summed the Khan fight up. He just couldn't afford to get hit like that, and up until that point he was doing well. Garcia did well and has a mean left hook but still, another defeat that Amir let happen too easily. No in-game smarts from him, Garcia smelt blood and Amir was so dazed he just isn't strong enough to survive a round after getting hit like that.

Back to square one, total rethink but really Amir is starting to run out of time and opportunities.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #22992 on: July 15, 2012, 11:50:32 am »
Fight should have been over in the 3rd. Ref must have kept khan protected for about 14 or 15 seconds and was literally pushing khans hands up to protect himself. Difficult to see where Khan goes from here. He isn't as good as he thinks he is.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22993 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:18 am »
Mirra, 7777 and others.

What do you think about Price signing up with Boxnation?

Also what's going on with Sky? Are sky only dealing with Eddie Hearn and showing Khan fights(taking about the British fighters here- know sky show non British fights)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #22994 on: July 15, 2012, 12:02:15 pm »
and he wanted to fight Mayweather lol :lmao

he fights like these drunk people you see on a friday night...with no intelligence at all
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #22995 on: July 15, 2012, 12:03:57 pm »
and he wanted to fight Mayweather lol :lmao

he fights like these drunk people you see on a friday night...with no intelligence at all

:lmao

i want him too fight brook i realy think brook will do him
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22996 on: July 15, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
Id of prefered him to be on Sky or Channel 5 like Fury, because if you dont subscribe to boxnation your not going to see his fights really so its not going to make him any more well known as Fury is to the casual fan by being on Channel 5. Itll be only the hardcore boxing fans who have the channel who know about Price.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22997 on: July 15, 2012, 12:13:49 pm »
Id think Nazim would be good for him, hes a great trainer and would certainly make Khan work on his flaws but I think a trainer can only go so far in putting the problem right. The way he was jumping in, throwing the same punches making it a lot easier for Garcia to time him, I think he gets into habits and its going to be hard to break them the longer its been left. You can tell Khan all these things in the gym but soon as he comes under fire in a fight he doesnt know what to do, im sure hes been rocked etc in sparring but what work do they do when he is hurt? I was screaming at him last night to hold on, keep away but he did everything wrong.

Its a shame about Freddie your right mate, hard to see him looking that way.

Yup no boxing expert here, but even I found Khan's reluctance to hold on and see out the fourth round was strange. Other boxers seem to do this. Didn't Khan do this against Maidana in the final rounds against Maiadana? Then again, he wasn't put to the canvas by Maidana. If he had been, maybe he might have done all that macho bravado and start trading.

I felt sorry for Khan yesterday ... It felt like Breidis Prescott all over again.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Boxing thread
« Reply #22998 on: July 15, 2012, 12:22:18 pm »
I don't think Kel would do Amir to be honest. He's a good fighter still amir, he just aint at that elite level yet, he got complacent, I just see that complacency throughout his career aswell. Still think there's a gulf in class between kel and amir.but it would be an interesting fight. I actually like khan, a lot of his fights I've been entertained by and at times been impressed as well dissapointed. I don't know where he goes from here, there's a lot more guys clued up in this thread than me but I don't see him throwing the towel in.

Also just seen on ssn that froch said khan should consider quitting. I haven't seen the interview (if that's what it was) just the headline, but I think its a little out of order. Froch got demolished not so long back (forget the fighter), and came back with a good performance the other week.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22999 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:10 pm »
They dont like each other mate, dont know what started it but they've had a few pops at each other in the media in the past. Think Carl is just winding him up.