Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886263 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #13560 on: August 16, 2022, 03:56:09 pm »
Naby was generally excellent last season, I have no idea why Jurgen preferred Milner and even Carvalho yesterday, unless his illness was more severe than we think and he wanted to save him for United?

Carvahlo made sense at the time we were chasing a goal, don’t know why Milner started instead though he’s not half as good a midfielder at this point.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13561 on: August 16, 2022, 04:00:46 pm »
What he did last year was nearly good enough, especially in the big games, if we had more faith in him above Milner at times last season(Chelsea) I think we would have fared better overall.

I really like Keita and for me he would be one of the main choices in midfield but he has been terrible in terms of availability and when he is available either Klopp doesnt trust him enough or the medical team may think he needs to be fully right to avoid breaking down.

The talk of offering him a new contract seems baffling.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13562 on: August 16, 2022, 04:06:58 pm »
Keita, Ox should just leave at this point. The manager doesn't trust either, so i see there being no benefit of either being here. If Keita signs a new deal I imagine it's to protect his value.

Keita started 19 games across the PL and CL last year. This included the CL opener against AC Milan, both legs of the QF against Benfica, the 2nd leg of the SF against Villarreal, and he was warming up in case Thiago couldn't start the final against Real Madrid. He also started the LC final against Chelsea and the FA Cup SF against Man City, and not to mention starts away in PL against Man Utd and Spurs. But apparently Klopp doesn’t trust him.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13563 on: August 16, 2022, 04:36:27 pm »
Keita started 19 games across the PL and CL last year. This included the CL opener against AC Milan, both legs of the QF against Benfica, the 2nd leg of the SF against Villarreal, and he was warming up in case Thiago couldn't start the final against Real Madrid. He also started the LC final against Chelsea and the FA Cup SF against Man City, and not to mention starts away in PL against Man Utd and Spurs. But apparently Klopp doesn’t trust him.
He was good last season but he's meant to be at peak now and be a starter. That obviously won't happen because of his injury record.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13564 on: August 16, 2022, 04:39:34 pm »
Two games guys.....two games
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13565 on: August 16, 2022, 04:43:59 pm »
If he's been ill I imagine he's barely trained, and if he's barely trained it doesn't make much sense to chuck him back in considering his injury history, does it? Doesn't mean the manager doesn't trust him or preferred Milner.

He was training for a couple of days before fulham and missed out due to not enough sessions - I would guess he trained all last week too. (though news was tight)

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #13566 on: August 16, 2022, 05:54:49 pm »
He was good last season but he's meant to be at peak now and be a starter. That obviously won't happen because of his injury record.

When was his last injury out of interest? He played a full pre-season and has been ill. Some players are allowed the luxury of catching an illness, but not Keita. We're 2 games in, one of which he was back on the bench (who knows if he was deemed match fit or just there in case of emergency due to low numbers) and people are talking like he's been out for months.

He had decent appearance numbers last season, Klopp says he's in the best shape of his life and we're offering him a new deal.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13567 on: August 17, 2022, 07:04:17 pm »
Mel Reddy on Skysports saying he’s unhappy with his current situation at Anfield. Apparently talks have been halted and he’s considering his future.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13568 on: August 17, 2022, 07:08:18 pm »
Mel Reddy on Skysports saying he’s unhappy with his current situation at Anfield. Apparently talks have been halted and he’s considering his future.

I’d imagine we’re more unhappy with his situation with him being constantly unavailable.  Good job he’s not on a pay as you play contract or he’d be getting next to no pay.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:12:27 pm by lfcred1976 »

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13569 on: August 17, 2022, 07:13:04 pm »
I can see him winding down his deal and going on a free. He is obviously a good player, but he hasn't shown it nearly enough at Liverpool. The glimpses we've had have been encouraging, and last season he was putting it together more for us, so we would all have been happy to see him sign a new deal.

But the closer we get to January, the more likely he will wait to see what his options are. I would imagine there will be plenty of clubs who will like to take him on, including some big ones on the continent. If he goes he will probably move to an easier league, stay fitter, and show something closer to the form that made us go in for him in the first place.

I expect this one to pan out something like that, but you never know. If it does we will need to sign two midfielder between now and the end of next summer's transfer window, as a bit of a midfield rebuild will be needed.

In the meantime, and as long as Keita is a red, we support him and hope he does well for us.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13570 on: August 17, 2022, 07:15:40 pm »

He should be thanking his lucky stars he has a manager and club willing to put up with many less than stellar performances over the last few seasons.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13571 on: August 17, 2022, 07:19:00 pm »
When was his last injury out of interest? He played a full pre-season and has been ill. Some players are allowed the luxury of catching an illness, but not Keita. We're 2 games in, one of which he was back on the bench (who knows if he was deemed match fit or just there in case of emergency due to low numbers) and people are talking like he's been out for months.

He had decent appearance numbers last season, Klopp says he's in the best shape of his life and we're offering him a new deal.

From Keita's point of view he'll want to start regularly but ultimately he's been a back up player for years and when he does start he's usually subbed off. He's never truly convinced Klopp the way other midfielders have. If we still had Gini last season for example he'd have likely still started most games when available, Keita didn't.

The midfield should have been dealt with this summer. With Keita you don't know what's played out behind the scenes over it, but it should have been an agreement over a new deal or time to move on. Same with Ox. I'm glad Milner stayed for another year but it's a bit like sticking a plaster over a gaping wound, given the holes in central midfield.

Not even getting on on Monday seems to have been a tipping point, despite 5 subs and 2 midfielders taken off.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:25:33 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13572 on: August 17, 2022, 07:19:17 pm »
He should be thanking his lucky stars he has a manager and club willing to put up with many less than stellar performances over the last few seasons.
Quite. But players never seem to have much in the way of self-awareness and Keita is no different.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13573 on: August 17, 2022, 07:23:03 pm »
As ever, the Keita thread attracts some seriously stupid posts

Shame so many of our fans just don't like the guy

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13574 on: August 17, 2022, 07:28:49 pm »
Naby has the same agent as Sadio and one of Bayern's mouthpieces broke the news in Germany first. I figure Bayern will be offering him a new deal?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13575 on: August 17, 2022, 07:30:03 pm »
Naby has the same agent as Sadio and one of Bayern's mouthpieces broke the news in Germany first. I figure Bayern will be offering him a new deal?

I'll wait until Salihamidžić or Kahn start talking about him in the press, then we'll know he's off.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13576 on: August 17, 2022, 07:32:50 pm »
Another 30m euro and Bayern can have him, gift-wrapped with thanks.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13577 on: August 17, 2022, 07:35:02 pm »
As ever, the Keita thread attracts some seriously stupid posts

Shame so many of our fans just don't like the guy

He divides opinions for sure he is a good player but the reality is he has justified his fee and has lots of injuries.

The ball is in Naby court he holds the aces and we dont know what he is unhappy about.

My view is if you dont want to play for us then sell the player.

I doubt he goes this window we not be that daft will we ?!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13578 on: August 17, 2022, 07:38:14 pm »
Wonder what part he’s unhappy with. He plays most of the time when he’s actually fit. Performance is erratic. Perhaps he fancies a change after struggling to find himself in our team. There’s a player in there, for sure.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13579 on: August 17, 2022, 07:39:21 pm »
Some of us are also unhappy with his situation...

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13580 on: August 17, 2022, 07:44:02 pm »
Wonder what part he’s unhappy with. He plays most of the time when he’s actually fit. Performance is erratic. Perhaps he fancies a change after struggling to find himself in our team. There’s a player in there, for sure.

It can only be game time imo thinking about it.

I know he was close to Mane but that wouldnt mean he wants to go.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13581 on: August 17, 2022, 07:50:56 pm »

I’m still unhappy about that shot he done in the CL final so that makes two of us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13582 on: August 17, 2022, 07:53:05 pm »
Andy, both your hamstring's would've gone had you attempted the same shot.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13583 on: August 17, 2022, 07:54:38 pm »
Considering our situation, have high hopes for him to be a regular this season. If his fitness and form are no good then we should be looking elsewhere, once the season has ended. I like him, he has the skills.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13584 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:46 pm »
He has to be our most divisive player for some time. Some think he's Excellent others think he’s terrible, theres no middle ground.

He’s been a huge disappointment for me, probably should’ve cashed in last summer.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13585 on: August 17, 2022, 07:57:16 pm »
Oh, so you are unhappy Naby? How wonderful, who is to blame for this unhappiness I wonder.

Would not lose much sleep if he was sold is how I’d sum up his time with Liverpool.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13586 on: August 17, 2022, 07:57:58 pm »
He has to be our most divisive player for some time. Some think he's Excellent others think he’s terrible, theres no middle ground.

I think he's middling.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13587 on: August 17, 2022, 08:04:10 pm »
What's with all the bitchy comments about his happiness? Do you all realise those aren't his words? Odd pettiness with Keita that you don't see with other players who have had spells injured, but don't play as well or as important a role in the team

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13588 on: August 17, 2022, 08:10:32 pm »
Andy, both your hamstring's would've gone had you attempted the same shot.

I’d of either scored bar and in or squared it for an assist  ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13589 on: August 17, 2022, 08:16:08 pm »
I think he's middling.
The word ‘disappointing’ most springs to my mind.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13590 on: August 17, 2022, 08:22:41 pm »
What's with all the bitchy comments about his happiness? Do you all realise those aren't his words? Odd pettiness with Keita that you don't see with other players who have had spells injured, but don't play as well or as important a role in the team

Is it his sentiment though? Because his sentiment should really be ‘I’m dying to pay back the trust put in me by this wonderful manager and I will run through walls this season and make myself indispensible’. Instead he is seemingly upset that he is falling down the pecking order and/or unhappy with contract offered.

Perhaps he needs a more manageable challenge if that is indeed the case.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13591 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:28 pm »
Is it his sentiment though? Because his sentiment should really be ‘I’m dying to pay back the trust put in me by this wonderful manager and I will run through walls this season and make myself indispensible’. Instead he is seemingly upset that he is falling down the pecking order and/or unhappy with contract offered.
Where was that trust on Monday night? You can't run through walls if you're sitting on the bench.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #13592 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:30 pm »
Underwhelming. There's a player in there somewhere but I just don't think we'll ever get to see his full potential. I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him. It'd just be madness to do it this window without finding a replacement.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13593 on: August 17, 2022, 08:26:49 pm »
Where was that trust on Monday night? You can't run through walls if you're sitting on the bench.

Was he actually fit and ready? How long did he train? Klopp and Liverpool gave him infinitely more than we got back. Most of all - we don’t need the drama now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:30:31 pm by Zlen »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13594 on: August 17, 2022, 08:28:22 pm »

Perhaps he needs a more manageable challenge if that is indeed the case.

Kind of weird to speculate about his sentiment, mate

Does he strike you as a player who hasn't been willing to put the work in, or 'run through walls'? Doesn't look a lazy player to me when he plays, and Klopp seems to speak highly of him (but maybe he's just too tolerant of laziness).

'Seemingly upset about something and/or something else' (neither of which have been reported) seems just a little bit too speculative for this early stage

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13595 on: August 17, 2022, 08:34:16 pm »
I personally would let him see out his contract. We won't get much back for him anyway.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13596 on: August 17, 2022, 08:40:57 pm »
I personally would let him see out his contract. We won't get much back for him anyway.

I am pretty sure we are going to let that happen as we have 2 weeks to do a deal otherwise.

He's done at the end of this season if he doesn't renew.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13597 on: August 17, 2022, 08:44:18 pm »
Kind of weird to speculate about his sentiment, mate

Does he strike you as a player who hasn't been willing to put the work in, or 'run through walls'? Doesn't look a lazy player to me when he plays, and Klopp seems to speak highly of him (but maybe he's just too tolerant of laziness).

'Seemingly upset about something and/or something else' (neither of which have been reported) seems just a little bit too speculative for this early stage

It comes from somewhere all of this. At best it’s his agent stirring up shit to get a better contract, at worst it’s that fueled by actual bits of discontent.

As I said, we don’t need the drama now. We really need players to focus and give their best.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13598 on: August 17, 2022, 08:46:59 pm »

Well for 30 million at least.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13599 on: August 17, 2022, 08:46:59 pm »
It comes from somewhere all of this. At best it’s his agent stirring up shit to get a better contract, at worst it’s that fueled by actual bits of discontent.

As I said, we don’t need the drama now. We really need players to focus and give their best.
Possibly the club should have discussed this with him, and maybe even resolved it one way or the other, before the start of the season then? Although maybe they don't have the same goal as you, and also maybe don't see any issue with his focus or application or deem this as drama.