Author Topic: FA Cup, Chelsea away selling details  (Read 26589 times)

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup, Chelsea away selling details
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 02:54:25 pm »
United had 2500 empty seats in that end this season so it's probably nothing personal.

Surely not that many - was their allocation ~3,500?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2020, 02:56:57 pm »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2020, 02:57:42 pm »
Right, so not because it's literally us then. Looks the council are being selective with how they grant their safety certificates anyway which is obviously ridiculous.

Well yes, it is because it's us. Because we're playing them. I never said they don't do the same with other rival clubs. In fact I've argued that they are doing.

Someone's being a dick, maybe it's the council, the club or both.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 03:12:35 pm »
That is awful, how on earth did they get away with that?

What exactly is the safety concern they're trying to claim? The number of fans will be unmanageable?
Think it's to do with away fans standing, especially in the upper tier - so they keep the front rows empty. I don't know how many rows the reduced allocation equates to for us in this game (usually about 2 or 3)..........but, that United game looks like about 7 rows, which is ridiculous !

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 03:16:00 pm »
Think it's to do with away fans standing, especially in the upper tier - so they keep the front rows empty. I don't know how many rows the reduced allocation equates to for us in this game (usually about 2 or 3)..........but, that United game looks like about 7 rows, which is ridiculous !

Think it's a bit of an optical illusion and it's only four.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2020, 03:59:07 pm »
Could or should the club be doing more to fight this?? It seems to only be a new trend which is coming increasingly popular.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2020, 04:11:23 pm »
Could or should the club be doing more to fight this?? It seems to only be a new trend which is coming increasingly popular.
not much you can do in short term, especially if it comes to council regulations which Chelsea seem to indicate

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2020, 04:13:39 pm »
I'm absolutely not condoning the reduced allocation we've been given here but when you look at Utd only getting 4,009, ours could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2020, 04:16:29 pm »
This is inexcusable.  If the rule says 15% then 15% it is.  No ifs, no buts.   How do these seats suddenly become unsafe for matches where it suits Chelsea?

As far as Anfield is concerned we are no different and should be giving away teams 3000 not 2800.  We manage it for FA Cup games with near enough 8000.  One thing we do well at Anfield is minimise the number of seats lost through segregation. 

its 15% upto a maximum keeping fans situated together,  ie  the whole of the Anfield Rd might be 13.92%  for example.    not defending Chelsea by the way

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 04:17:31 pm »
I'm absolutely not condoning the reduced allocation we've been given here but when you look at Utd only getting 4,009, ours could have been a hell of a lot worse.

This is where it gets weird though. The 4009 fits in with the 10% allocation for the League Cup. So someone has actively decided that even though they can have the whole end, they can't have all the seats. It's weird and probably cost Chelsea about Ł100k.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2020, 04:21:40 pm »
This is where it gets weird though. The 4009 fits in with the 10% allocation for the League Cup. So someone has actively decided that even though they can have the whole end, they can't have all the seats. It's weird and probably cost Chelsea about Ł100k.

Isn't SB capacity somewhere around 42,000? So 4,009 would actually be <10%

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2020, 04:24:11 pm »
Well yeah but the thing with these percentages is that it's almost never going to exact just cos of how football grounds are. If they'd have let United have one more row in the lower for example, it goes the other side of the 10% threshold.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2020, 04:31:17 pm »
Lets have it right, clubs want as few away fans as they can get away with, and if it's a hated rival even more so.

If this was Shrewsbury they would have 6,000.

Bradford got 6,000 the other year at Stamford Bridge

So I don't buy any of the reasons they come up with, for the simple fact if they were true then it would be the same for every single club. One club's fans  stand more than the others is just a baseless, none quantifiable excuse that doesn't wash.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2020, 04:42:41 pm »
Doesn't really fit with their initial comment that we'd been allocated 6000 tickets though does it?

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2020, 05:02:13 pm »
Glad I'm guaranteed but with the selling criteria, there'll be a maximum of 692 tickets available after the first sale if everyone who is eligible buys one.
It's a joke that Chelsea haven't given us more and even worse that they've already said that they won't budge from that.

There's about 1200 people that will have West Ham alone that won't have the others so about a 50/50 chance of getting a ticket with just West Ham unless my maths are well out. That doesn't take into account any tickets that the club keep for themselves though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 05:09:50 pm by ripsaw19 »
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2020, 05:09:39 pm »
Alot of talk on this thread and others about fairness to Liverpool but Man utd were only given 2,565 at Anfield this season, do we think that's fair in a 54,000 stadium? (I know this is a cup game so slightly different but alot of mentions before about teams not giving big allocations in the league)

Also its 101 tickets less for Chelsea than in 2011 for the League cup game.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 05:23:57 pm »
Alot of talk on this thread and others about fairness to Liverpool but Man utd were only given 2,565 at Anfield this season, do we think that's fair in a 54,000 stadium? (I know this is a cup game so slightly different but alot of mentions before about teams not giving big allocations in the league)

No it's not fair, we are just as bad. Hated rivals = less tickets than anyone else.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2020, 06:44:57 pm »

The league is fair we don’t really give as much as we should to some teams but the cup is fair game where we give basically the max we can, Chelsea are the ones fucking this about

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2020, 07:23:40 pm »
Did we give them the full Anny Road lower in the cup last season? Trying to think back and cant remember if there were noticeable empty spaces

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2020, 07:46:18 pm »
Just the lower but when it’s the whole end there’s quite a bit by the lower centenary that gets lost to segregation

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2020, 08:41:29 pm »
Did we give them the full Anny Road lower in the cup last season? Trying to think back and cant remember if there were noticeable empty spaces
I think we give them the full lower and there  was noticeable empty spaces in the lower anyway so

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 08:53:03 am »
Again its annoying with these sales, they should really stagger the sales, 4 games 8am-10am, 3 games 10am-12pm, 2 games 2pm-4pm etc...

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 08:58:47 am »
Again its annoying with these sales, they should really stagger the sales, 4 games 8am-10am, 3 games 10am-12pm, 2 games 2pm-4pm etc...

Why? You are guaranteed a spec.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2020, 09:29:31 am »

I agree there could have been another sale with 3/4
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Brains1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:16 am »

Why would they have 3 sales when they can have 1? People with 2 credits are guaranteed so why have seperate sales for people with 4 or 3 games under their belt when all are guaranteed?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2020, 09:48:00 am »
Some people don't realise how lucky they are to have such easy ticket sales.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2020, 09:51:56 am »
Wolves had 16 different sales for their away game with Espanyol. Sounds fucking dreadful.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2020, 09:55:11 am »
Wolves had 16 different sales for their away game with Espanyol. Sounds fucking dreadful.
Couldn’t be dealing with that sort of sh1te

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2020, 10:34:00 am »
It's bad enough in some of the away league games when we have some mates in the guaranteed sale and some in limited sale. You end up spread around the away end and not together.
Would be even worse splitting the guaranteed, we would have some in the 4 sale and some in the 2 sale.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2020, 11:36:24 am »
I can understand people with more credits wanting to guarantee a lower (or an upper if that's their preference) but at least this way means linked people can all be together.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2020, 12:17:17 pm »

Would be even worse splitting the guaranteed, we would have some in the 4 sale and some in the 2 sale.

In that scenario the 4's and 2's could buy together so the 4's just wait and do it together your all guaranteed and this will help congestion with the sales

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2020, 12:36:39 pm »
In that scenario the 4's and 2's could buy together so the 4's just wait and do it together your all guaranteed and this will help congestion with the sales

Who is this actually benefiting?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2020, 12:37:35 pm »
It's just people wanting a better spec than the people with less credits than them from what I can see.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2020, 12:38:37 pm »
Christ almighty, no pleasing some people. Just get on with it

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2020, 01:45:12 pm »
Who is this actually benefiting?

A maximum of 1.6k people (most who wont be arsed) to fanny about and choose their spot in a 5.5k away end.
understandable in a cup final or something with huge price bands.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2020, 07:08:20 pm »
Anybody remember the Villa sale for our FA Cup semi at Wembley with them?

That was crazy... had about 30+ sales going by each particular stand and criteria... So if you were in Holte End you were before Doug Ellis etc
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2020, 10:16:41 am »
Please delete if i can't ask but where do people pick up spare tickets nowadays, now that the exchange has gone? Not sure if i trust anyone on twitter.
Cheers
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2020, 10:26:24 am »
Please delete if i can't ask but where do people pick up spare tickets nowadays, now that the exchange has gone? Not sure if i trust anyone on twitter.
Cheers

Ha same!
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2020, 12:21:47 pm »
Cheers
Word of mouth from matchgoing regulars is the only source I would trust at present. Otherwise at best you will exploited, at worst scammed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2020, 12:30:32 pm »
Cheers

If you're a TAW subscriber then their private subscribers FB page is pretty trustworthy I'd say, you sometimes see them offered on there or people asking although I imagine it's not encouraged too much.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."