Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 211567 times)

Offline MrButler

• Anny Roader
Dani Pacheco
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »
Recently been watching the youth highlights alot more and this lad really stands out.. think he's only 16 brought from Barca. Great with the ball at his feet and VERY dangerous and creative.

Has anyone else followed this lad... you never know at this age but he looks a dead cert to make it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:57:23 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dani Pacheco...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:57:32 pm »
Come back when his balls have dropped.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Pourquoi! C'est monsieur Scrutin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:59:18 pm »
Mods

should this not be merged with the "Have we the next Bojan thread?"  (perhaps the name of that thread should be changed)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:00:08 pm »
And all the other threads on our youngsters....::)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:02:03 pm »
Sarge's thread having dropped off the face of the earth, being only one below this on the first page......
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:02:58 pm »
Good day to you Mr Butler.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »
Recently been watching the youth highlights alot more and this lad really stands out.. think he's only 16 brought from Barca. Great with the ball at his feet and VERY dangerous and creative.

Has anyone else followed this lad... you never know at this age but he looks a dead cert to make it.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=204689.0

He you go mate all chat about them in this.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline hilly

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 05:13:18 pm »
I say we give him a go. We don't really give the youth too much chance these days, when was the last time you saw a youngster thrown in, who had the talent? Owen?

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:04:19 pm »
Would fit perfectly into the "best midfield in the world song" too.

"We got Xabi Alonso, Dani Pacheco, Gerrard and Mascheranooooo".

Beautiful, but my transfer targets/future starlet aspirations don't simply revolve around who's got the best song potential. Oh no!

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 02:05:13 pm »
Come back when his balls have dropped.
;D
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 02:09:08 pm »
Would fit perfectly into the "best midfield in the world song" too.

"We got Xabi Alonso, Dani Pacheco, Gerrard and Mascheranooooo".

I thought he was a striker  ???

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:10:25 pm »
I thought he was a striker  ???

I know, but if he's playing as a second striker he'll probably be dropping deep enough to be classed as a midfielder anyway  :-\ erm....

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:58:38 pm »
I think he could do a job for us in a couple of years but i said that about Linfield and have heard very little of him lately.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »
Why isn't the lad getting more chances? Thought maybe few more sub appearances for the likes of kuyt and maxi.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 10:38:57 pm »
Why isn't the lad getting more chances? Thought maybe few more sub appearances for the likes of kuyt and maxi.

Not really been in a comfortable position where you'd want to give the kid a run out, tonight especially was a battle and I'm not sure thats the place to throw him in, hopefully in a few games we will be in a position where its comfortable with 15-20 mins to go and he can get a chance.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:36 pm »

There wasn't a chance he would get thrown into that game tonight with us on the back foot

He'll get his chances as the team improves which it is doing under Kenny
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »
At least he's started to make the benches again. He's a lot closer to the first team than he was under Roy.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »
At least he's started to make the benches again. He's a lot closer to the first team than he was under Roy.

That's about where I stand on this really. I hope to see Dani given opportunities over the remainder of the season though as our form and confidence continues to pick up.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 01:09:02 pm »
Trying to see where he'll be used - he can play anywhere behind the striker or even in midfield - but Cole is a similar player up front and Shelvey seems to have the edge in midfield.

Its possible if we opt for a young team in the europe cup he could get in but with that now being the priority competition there will be a tendancy for us to use more established players.

If we do bring anybody in up front that will move him further down the order.

The only real option would be to use him on one of the flanks which is not ideal but would get him experience and hopefully  get him up to speed with the pace of the game.

Other than the occasional 10 minute as a sub and barring a run of injuries its difficult to see where or how he is going to be used this season and in the summer he needs to be either built into the squad and used more frequently or sent out on loan (that should have happened this year imo) - difficult especially when young Suso is going to be pushing for game time along with Silva and Sterling and whoever comes after those.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 01:17:32 pm »
What happened to the other Pacheco thread?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
Quite worried for his development at the moment, he should go out on loan. He seems to be in between the first team and the reserves and isnt getting much football at a time when he should be playing and developing an understanding with his teammates.

I always hope to see him come on when i hear we are making a sub. The main thing i dont get is that he's very good defensively and works hard and presses so much off the ball but it does seem to get overlooked quite often, the main reason used for him not playing is our current situation but then at the same time players who arent as good at the pressuring game come on ahead of him in tightly contested games. Would like to see him go out on loan to a team where he will get game time and be able to play football that suits his attributes. I still feel he's the perfect player to play against these sides that you need a bit of improvisation against, he's got the vision and ability to play passes in behind a defence, he uses the ball intelligently and pass and move is how he's grown up playing the game, he works hard off the ball and knows how to defend high up the pitch.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 05:09:22 pm »
Quite worried for his development at the moment, he should go out on loan. He seems to be in between the first team and the reserves and isnt getting much football at a time when he should be playing and developing an understanding with his teammates.

I always hope to see him come on when i hear we are making a sub. The main thing i dont get is that he's very good defensively and works hard and presses so much off the ball but it does seem to get overlooked quite often, the main reason used for him not playing is our current situation but then at the same time players who arent as good at the pressuring game come on ahead of him in tightly contested games. Would like to see him go out on loan to a team where he will get game time and be able to play football that suits his attributes. I still feel he's the perfect player to play against these sides that you need a bit of improvisation against, he's got the vision and ability to play passes in behind a defence, he uses the ball intelligently and pass and move is how he's grown up playing the game, he works hard off the ball and knows how to defend high up the pitch.
I"m  sure Pacheco's time will come under King Kenny and considering that Joe Cole is not even playing, Pacheco just needs to be patient and work harder than ever.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 05:21:41 pm »
I"m  sure Pacheco's time will come under King Kenny and considering that Joe Cole is not even playing, Pacheco just needs to be patient and work harder than ever.

It must be very frustrating for him.

The trouble is I find myself thinking "nah this isnt the right situation for him" likes the upcoming match against Stoke, its wrong to think that against a physical team that wont give much room is wrong for Dani to play against, there are plenty of those teams in this league and he has to be comfortable playing against them if he's going to be here.

I think Dalglish is focused right now on getting us playing some football, stabalising our position and getting some momentumn, once thats achieved the likes of Pacheco could see more minutes.

But at some point he needs to be thrown in the deep end, sink or swim. He's getting to that age now where he cant be sitting on his hands, for his sake and ours he needs oportunities to prove himself. Personally I think he'll do a great job.

---------Torres--------
Suarez-----Pacheco------Gerrard

Just imagine.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »
Needs to get some playing time. Please Kenny! Unleash the Pacheco!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:33 pm »
It must be very frustrating for him.

The trouble is I find myself thinking "nah this isnt the right situation for him" likes the upcoming match against Stoke, its wrong to think that against a physical team that wont give much room is wrong for Dani to play against, there are plenty of those teams in this league and he has to be comfortable playing against them if he's going to be here.

I think Dalglish is focused right now on getting us playing some football, stabalising our position and getting some momentumn, once thats achieved the likes of Pacheco could see more minutes.

But at some point he needs to be thrown in the deep end, sink or swim. He's getting to that age now where he cant be sitting on his hands, for his sake and ours he needs oportunities to prove himself. Personally I think he'll do a great job.

---------Torres--------
Suarez-----Pacheco------Gerrard

Just imagine.

I don't think the right time for Pacheco depends on the opposition. I think it depends on the football the team is playing. If the team is still falling back on hoofball, I'm not sure what he'll gain from the experience. If the team starts a run of playing proper football, he'll fit in rather better. After all the bullshit about Hodgson being the manager who will steady the ship, the reality is Dalglish has to do that job after Hodgson and Purslow riddled it with holes and set it on the wrong course.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »
Actually pretty dissappointed that he hasnt been given a chance for atleast 30 minutes yet. I serious mean we should trust these youngsters(Pacheco and Suso) more, it is obvious they are too good for the reserves and their next step is to play more in the first team. So just throw them in at the deep end and im sure they will do just fine.

I think Pacheco really could have offered something last night, by holding up the ball and reliefing the defence of some pressure.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 06:42:01 pm »
Y'know, when questions are asked of Lucas and Kuyt it's often said that three different managers have obviously seen something in them to continually select them for Liverpool. Got to wonder just how much of the same applies, in a different way, with Pacheco.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »
Y'know, when questions are asked of Lucas and Kuyt it's often said that three different managers have obviously seen something in them to continually select them for Liverpool. Got to wonder just how much of the same applies, in a different way, with Pacheco.

I dunno, when Rafa was here he was very young at first and being blooded in towards the end.

Hodgson was an unmitigated disater and Dani probably couldnt kick the ball far enough to get near the team under him.

Kenny's had 4 games? Coming in to a club in crisis playing awful football with confidence at an all time low. Not the time to put the team and himself under pressure by introducing a rookie.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »
I dunno, when Rafa was here he was very young at first and being blooded in towards the end.

Hodgson was an unmitigated disater and Dani probably couldnt kick the ball far enough to get near the team under him.

Kenny's had 4 games? Coming in to a club in crisis playing awful football with confidence at an all time low. Not the time to put the team and himself under pressure by introducing a rookie.

Shelvey is younger.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »
Shelvey is younger.

He's not been given loads of minutes tho is he? Not started any games.

I dont think it's fair to say that Kenny or Rafa didnt include Dani because they didnt think he was up to the job. They both have their reasons for not including him all that much for Rafa it was his age, he was a lot slighter as well while he was here. With Kenny he's not even been in the job a month and came in to a situation where he needed more experienced heads on the pitch.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 07:01:19 pm »
He's not been given loads of minutes tho is he? Not started any games.

I dont think it's fair to say that Kenny or Rafa didnt include Dani because they didnt think he was up to the job. They both have their reasons for not including him all that much for Rafa it was his age, he was a lot slighter as well while he was here. With Kenny he's not even been in the job a month and came in to a situation where he needed more experienced heads on the pitch.

Shelvey is regular substitute. Is shelvey more experienced than Pacheco?? Shelvey is a good prospect, and have benefited from being thrown in at the deep end, so will Pacheco I believe.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 07:08:27 pm »
Shelvey is regular substitute. Is shelvey more experienced than Pacheco?? Shelvey is a good prospect, and have benefited from being thrown in at the deep end, so will Pacheco I believe.

Dani's regularly on the bench under Kenny as well. But if you're putting on Shelvey, and then Dani with Kelly on the same pitch and suddenly it starts to look a little short on exerience. I dunno what point you're trying to make, if you look at my earlier post I say that I believe Dani's good enough to make a big impact here. And that he deserves minutes.

I was only taking issue with Juan Loco's question over whether it could be claimed 3 managers have overlooked him, when in my belief only one has, and that was Hodgson, who's reign was a catastrophe and who's opinion players who actually play football leaves a lot to be desired, buying Poulson, shipping out Insua, Aquilani, Isolating Agger mean that I dont particularly trust his opinion not to play Pacheco.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »
Dani's regularly on the bench under Kenny as well. But if you're putting on Shelvey, and then Dani with Kelly on the same pitch and suddenly it starts to look a little short on exerience. I dunno what point you're trying to make, if you look at my earlier post I say that I believe Dani's good enough to make a big impact here. And that he deserves minutes.

Agree Pacheco desrves the minutes and so does Shelvey. My point was just I dont understand the reluctance to introduce Pacheco. I know Kenny has only been in charge for 3 weeks, but his substittutions so far at home have been pretty defensive. Yesterday fx I would have loved to see Pacheco brought instead of Kuyt at the 66. minute and Shelvey instead of Poulsen in the 80. minute. I know its till early days, but I just would have loved to see more of Pacheco. 

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 07:23:15 pm »
Shelvey played almost fifty times for Charlton. He is used to being around a match day squad, even if he is young. If/when we get some momentum and of course injuries in the squad we'll see if Kenny rates Pachecho highly enough to give him games
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »
I watched the game last night and found myself willing Kenny to sub Kuyt or Maxi for Pacheco at half time , thinking we would need some spark to open the game up , but I've got to say that the way it panned out , it just wasn't the right game for him to come into.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 07:25:54 pm »
Agree Pacheco desrves the minutes and so does Shelvey. My point was just I dont understand the reluctance to introduce Pacheco. I know Kenny has only been in charge for 3 weeks, but his substittutions so far at home have been pretty defensive. Yesterday fx I would have loved to see Pacheco brought instead of Kuyt at the 66. minute and Shelvey instead of Poulsen in the 80. minute. I know its till early days, but I just would have loved to see more of Pacheco.

I agree. But looking at it from Kenny's point of view he's under a lot of pressure. Pressure to prove himself after such a big return to the club, he has to 'justify' himself (not to us, we know he's class) to those outside and show he's still got it. He's also under pressure to stabilise the team, get them back to winning ways, and under pressure to move the club up the table. It wont all click in to place within 4 games, he needs to get the foundations in place first, thats what he's doing. Once he's been here for a while, and the football improves, along with the results, ive no doubt he'll take a few more 'risks' such as including the likes of Pacecho and or Wilson. It'll just take time.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »
I agree. But looking at it from Kenny's point of view he's under a lot of pressure. Pressure to prove himself after such a big return to the club, he has to 'justify' himself (not to us, we know he's class) to those outside and show he's still got it. He's also under pressure to stabilise the team, get them back to winning ways, and under pressure to move the club up the table. It wont all click in to place within 4 games, he needs to get the foundations in place first, thats what he's doing. Once he's been here for a while, and the football improves, along with the results, ive no doubt he'll take a few more 'risks' such as including the likes of Pacecho and or Wilson. It'll just take time.

I completely agree , but at the same time that seems to be the story of Dani's career with us.
He has been unbelivably unlucky with timing since he first came onto the scene with us.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »
Kenny's clearly trying to get a few results under his belt and get the confidence up before he starts throwing youngsters in. I'd imagine we will see more of Shelvey, Suso and Pacheco, given time.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 07:58:16 pm »

I know it still early days and I understand that he is trying to build confidence within the squad. But Im just worried on behalf of Pachehco and other more offensive minded youngsters, about Kennys true football philosphy whether it is a cautious as it appears. But hopefully as the confidence grows he will take more"risk" and a more offensive approach. I wasnt old enough to remember his approach last time around, so maybe some of the older posters can enligthen me?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18:04 pm »
I know it still early days and I understand that he is trying to build confidence within the squad. But Im just worried on behalf of Pachehco and other more offensive minded youngsters, about Kennys true football philosphy whether it is a cautious as it appears. But hopefully as the confidence grows he will take more"risk" and a more offensive approach. I wasnt old enough to remember his approach last time around, so maybe some of the older posters can enligthen me?

Kenny's 87-88 team played arguably the best football in not just the club's history but English football history. He loves forward thinking stylish players such as himself.