Author Topic: Pre-Match - Liverpool Vs Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November 19:15 Sky Sports  (Read 50823 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
Alisson.
Williams, Matip, Phillips, Robertson.
Wijnaldum, Keita, Fabinho
Jota, Firmino, Mane.

Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
Alisson.
Williams, Matip, Phillips, Robertson.
Wijnaldum, Keita, Fabinho
Jota, Firmino, Mane.

This but maybe with Milner at right back... ?! Or keep Williams but start with Fabinho/Matip and have Milner in the midfield.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
i hope we discontinue our high line pressing. We do not have the resources in defence to do this. Vardy's speed will eat our CBs alive!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
I might be making this up as I go along but wouldn’t it be Williams over Phillips as he’s more mobile?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
i hope we discontinue our high line pressing. We do not have the resources in defence to do this. Vardy's speed will eat our CBs alive!

The best way to stop Vardy is to play a high line, compress play and keep pressure on the ball. Dominate possession and look to break Leicester down. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
This should be a good game. I am genuinely excited by this concept of fabhino and Matip. like i am jacked by that . i cant wait for them to get a few games under the belt. Hope they play tomorrow i thinks so. Neco

That pair is telescope leg Central. I know there is no more room for injury yada yada as long as those two play and get comfortable we lose Nothing on CB! zero. Possibly the best pair in the world. Next season people will want to keep them. The team aint hurt at all. its nuts all these experts think we are so doomed .

and i predict that the team will be very annoyed at being written off and looking to prove a point.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
This but maybe with Milner at right back... ?! Or keep Williams but start with Fabinho/Matip and have Milner in the midfield.

Yeah, I would be hesitant to start Phillips against Vardy if Fabinho’s fit enough to start. You ideally want experienced players going up directly against him because of how dangerous he is.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
The best way to stop Vardy is to play a high line, compress play and keep pressure on the ball. Dominate possession and look to break Leicester down. 
All it needs is a nice ping ball from Maddison to Vardy and bingo a goal.
Looking at the availability of our midfielders, we do not have the personnel to high press at the previous intensity. It could easily become another Villa debacle. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
I hear Coote won the game at OT! That was obviously the operational reason he was taken off our match - Fergie on the blower to Riley!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
I know Coote is an appalling ref but let's be clear here, he did originally give a penalty. The real problem is the joker in stockley park who felt the need for Coote to take another look at the incident. Make no mistake, Coote, would have felt pressured to overturn his original decision (just like many refs have when they have been asked to look at the pitch side monitor).

I think it's safe to say if a ref makes the decision to give or not to give a penalty but is then asked to go to the pitch side monitor, there is a 99% chance he isn't going to stick with his original decision.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 07:25:41 am by HardworkDedication »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Why are we stuck with the Sunday night when we have a CL game on Wednesday?

I prefer when Jota starts on the right but obvs no choice in the matter. Think it’s gonna be a difficult one but should be winning

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

I prefer when Jota starts on the right but obvs no choice in the matter. Think it’s gonna be a difficult one but should be winning
Really?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Because the PL care about the welfare of Players. We are also first up next weekend.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan

If we had the recovery pace of Gomez & Virgil, Thiago’s retention, Hendo’s ability to press their midfield, and Salah to harass their defenders in possession I might agree.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan

I think he’s looked better on the left myself

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Come on you Red man!
Believer

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
If we had the recovery pace of Gomez & Virgil, Thiago’s retention, Hendo’s ability to press their midfield, and Salah to harass their defenders in possession I might agree.

You can still do that by stopping the pass into him. Ali is a huge presence too as offers sweeping option.

I personally would like to see Fab in midfield. Think Milner is nailed on to start too.

A more left field option is to play Shaq from the start but not sure where he fits in best.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:14:00 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
I live in Arkles Lane opposite Stanley Park, just thought it was a bit odd they put out all the traffic cones to restrict parking in the area at 7am for a match behind closed doors 12 hours away!

Seems like a pointless, waste of time and resources to me!

For the game itself 4-1 to the Champions  (Jota 2 Mane and Firmino) Vardy for them obviously!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I see us playing 4231 in this with Shaq as the 10.

Alisson
Williams Fabinho Matip Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum
Jota Shaqiri Mane
Firmino

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The team has leaked apparently.

Alisson
Milner
Matip
Fab
Robbo
Gini
Jones
Naby
Jota
Bobby
Mane
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:59:18 am by AndyMuller »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It 'leaked' for the last game too and was wrong

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It 'leaked' for the last game too and was wrong

We’ll see then won’t we. Either way, I can’t see Shaqiri starting.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
A possible Fabinho and Matip pairing has me licking my lips. Surely the longest legged centre back pairing in the history of the game?
Every step back with this Klopp side brings as a minimum a step forward.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
That’s a strong side if true. Jones getting more game time is always a plus.

The other option is put Milly in there and Williams at RB.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Alisson
Milner
Matip
Fab
Robbo
Gini
Jones
Naby
Jota
Bobby
Mane

Seems likely to be honest

Only discussion on that for me is Williams at RB and milner in midfield instead of Jones edit. What Nick said above 5 seconds quicker than me

That side listed is very good and matches up very favourably to Leicester. More than good enough to win it

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I see us playing 4231 in this with Shaq as the 10.

Alisson
Williams Fabinho Matip Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum
Jota Shaqiri Mane
Firmino

If that is our front four, it wouldn’t surprise me if we see it as Firmino in the 10 behind Shaqiri - Mane - Jota
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know Coote is an appalling ref but let's be clear here, he did originally give a penalty. The real problem is the joker in stockley park who felt the need for Coote to take another look at the incident. Make no mistake, Coote, would have felt pressured to overturn his original decision (just like many refs have when they have been asked to look at the pitch side monitor).

I think it's safe to say if a ref makes the decision to give or not to give a penalty but is then asked to go to the pitch side monitor, there is a 99% chance he isn't going to stick with his original decision.
VARs are only meant to intervene if there is a 'cleae and obvious error' when it comes to pens. They then only showed him the one angle they were saying proved it wasn't a pen. Coote is horrible but you're right, that one was fully on the VAR.

Even if he touched the ball it was still a pen for me so I don't know how they've deemed that a clear and obvious error. Shocking decision

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
My prediction: Minamino is going to be a supersub.

In around 70'.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
Starting line up?

Allison
Milner
Matip
Phillips
Robbo
Wijnaldum
Fabhinho
Shaq
Jota
Firmino
Mane
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Starting line up?

Allison
Milner
Matip
Phillips
Robbo
Wijnaldum
Fabhinho
Shaq
Jota
Firmino
Mane
Looks like the best we can do for now.

There is Keita, Origi and Minamino off the bench to maintain momentum although I wouldn’t expect any of these to pull a rabbit out of the hat if we were chasing the game. Origi perhaps in the past but been looking very tame this year.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Can’t see Philips starting v Vardy and Leicester don’t do a lot of high balls into the box

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Looks like the best we can do for now.

There is Keita, Origi and Minamino off the bench to maintain momentum although I wouldn’t expect any of these to pull a rabbit out of the hat if we were chasing the game. Origi perhaps in the past but been looking very tame this year.
Don't think it is the best. The "leaked" lineup is stronger. Especially against Leicester.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Really looking forward to this now. Think it will be a big statement if we win - everyone is expecting us to drop points I would say looking at our injury list and City especially will be deflated if we pick up 3 points.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/

Alisson
Milner
Matip
Fab
Robbo
Gini
Jones
Naby
Jota
Bobby
Mane

I wouldn't start naby and jones together in midfield too weak physically
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the OP El Lobo.

If Taki can't get a start today what are the circumstances when he will? Or will Shaqiri shade him based on merit? Whatever team we put out the win is a certainty. I'm not even expecting one of those nervy performances, its only Leicester, who are sometimes good. Not good enough to threaten this Liverpool side though.

Oh, and welcome back Brendan, I hope someone somewhere at Anfield shows some appreciation.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan

Would honestly rather keep Fabinho in midfield and keep our press on, if Vardy gets a run on Phillips, Fabinho or Williams they're not catching him. I'd rather look at limiting the amount of passes he receives from midfield and I think our midfield helps prevent that. Can see the argument for Milner and Fabinho in defence, I just disagree with it  ;D
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Alisson
Milner
Matip
Fab
Robbo
Gini
Jones
Naby
Jota
Bobby
Mane
If that is indeed the team then I'd be happy enough with it. Pretty much the strongest team we've got, given the rumoured injuries. In fact, that strongest team logic suggests this leak is just as likely to be an educated guess as anything else. I'd maybe prefer Williams over Milner, but I guess his experience is always handy and without Hendo any extra leadership is always a plus. I'd be worried to see (other) Williams or Philips against Vardy so hopefully Fabinho and Matip are ok for this one, but we always struggle against the little rat bastard anyway so it probably doesn't matter who's fit that much.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:46:09 am by Djozer »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Surely Milly will start tonight, no intls and we need a captain out there in the absence of Hendo. Not to forget he got an assist (from LB) and a winning pen last year.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
If Milner starts, I fully expect him to lay a few heavy tackles in the early exchanges. Should set the tone a little bit. I think we need to field an experienced team to do the business. Something like :

Ali, Milner, Matip, Phillips, Robbo, Fab, Gini, Naby, Mane, Firmino, Jota