Author Topic: Pre-Match - Liverpool Vs Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November 19:15 Sky Sports  (Read 50861 times)

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
On the plus side we will probably have Mane, Jota and Bobby up front. That's a great front 3. We also have Allisson in goal.

The rest of the team depends on who is fit. Presumably Matip at CB with Phillips assuming Fab is still not ready. If Phillips is playing,  Milner at RB because Neco next to Phillips would be a v inexperienced right side of the defence. Robbo on the left if fit, then rest him against Atalanta.

Assuming Hendo and Thiago are out, Gini and Naby would have to play with one of either Jones or Shaq. Prob Jones deserves a chance following his excellent performance against Atalanta. Shaq has done well off the bench recently.

It certainly won't be a full strength Leicester team either but this will probably be our hardest home league game so far. That side is good enough to win, but a draw wouldn't be a disaster at this stage of the season.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
I dont think we can play Keita in a two. Henderson and Wijnaldum got through an insane amount of work against City and Leicester will line up with most likely a flat four with the wing backs.

Milner most likely pushes into midfield and Williams in at right back.

Think if Philipps plays, Milner plays defence to add a bit of experience.

But let's see. Either way, we can puta good enough side on paper to beat them.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
So, given the bastarding international fixtures have proven costly for us once again, this is how we are likely to line up. The likes of Fab and Thiago remain doubtful, we really need them to be fit for this.
Ali
Milner
Fab
Matip
Robbo
Thiago
Gini
Naby
Mane
Bobby
Jota

The players we have missing
VVD
Gomez
Hendo
Trent
Ox
Mo

Got to say our squad is fantastic, to still be able to potentially put out a side like that with so many injuries really shows how far we’ve come under Klopp.

I expect Henderson to be available

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would be great if he is but didn’t Joyce say we expext him to miss the game?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
So, given the bastarding international fixtures have proven costly for us once again, this is how we are likely to line up. The likes of Fab and Thiago remain doubtful, we really need them to be fit for this.
Ali
Milner
Fab
Matip
Robbo
Thiago
Gini
Naby
Mane
Bobby
Jota

The players we have missing
VVD
Gomez
Hendo
Trent
Ox
Mo

Got to say our squad is fantastic, to still be able to potentially put out a side like that with so many injuries really shows how far we’ve come under Klopp. 

I wouldn't be banking on Fabinho and Thiago. Neither are in training yet.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
If there are any doubts about his fitness he shouldn't play or we risk losing him for a longer period. Would rather he misses this one and Atalanta if that means he's in better shape for the games in Dec.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
I think we may go with 4-2-3-1 again.

..................................Becker......................

.......Milner.........Phillips............Matip........Kostas/Robbertson

..........................Gini..............Keita..........................

.................................Shaqiri..................................

...........Mane..............Firmino..............Jota..............

I'm expecting something like this  - maybe not exactly the same since I think Jones could play in midfield. With the above we would still hopefully have Adrian, Tsimikas/Robertson, Jones, Origi and Minamino for the bench. Arguably others if Thiago or Fabinho are passed fit, Potentially Williams (x2) for the bench also.

The above isn't ideal -far from it- but when you look at the team there's still quality in there. Shows the true depth of the squad we have currently. Leicester also have injury worries so it's not just 1 team who is suffering with injuries. Main concern is the pace of Vardy versus Phillips and Matip. Wonder if we change the position of our defensive line given the personnel available to us and the key strength of Leciester's main attacking weapon.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
If none of these midfield injury doubts are for who are we going to play there? Bearing in mind we’d ideally have Fabinho and Milner in a back 4.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Who's the idiot in the middle?

Hamza Choudhury

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
Looking likely fab and thiago won’t make it and probably sensible not to rush them back
I’d go with
Alisson
Milner
Phillips
Matip
Robbo
Gini
Naby
Jones
Mane
Bobby
Jota

subs: adrian rhys tsimikas hendo shaq minamino origi

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Seeing Milner and Phillips on the same side of a back 4 in people's line ups is pretty scary stuff.... that is sloooooooowwwwwwww - luckily its not against the quickest forward in the league so should be fine that one ...

Seems like Leicester's back 4 is also mostly dead as well as their DMs so my confident prediction is that we'll win 8-5

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
Seeing Milner and Phillips on the same side of a back 4 in people's line ups is pretty scary stuff.... that is sloooooooowwwwwwww - luckily its not against the quickest forward in the league so should be fine that one ...

Seems like Leicester's back 4 is also mostly dead as well as their DMs so my confident prediction is that we'll win 8-5
There aren't many other options I don't think other than Neco at RB which alongside Phillips would mean a massively inexperienced right side of the defense. Who is on left of Leicester's attack these days? Haven't seen much of them this season.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
I think we drop points here.  :-\

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Klopp likes to throw a spanner in the works i'll go with.

Alisson
Willians
Matip
Phillips
Robbo
Gini
Milner
Jones
Shaq
Jota
Mane

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
We can win if whoever partners Nat Philips plays a blinder and Diogo and Sadio find their scoring form.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
There aren't many other options I don't think other than Neco at RB which alongside Phillips would mean a massively inexperienced right side of the defense. Who is on left of Leicester's attack these days? Haven't seen much of them this season.

harvey barnes... he's decent...and quick

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
That`s the spirit  :thumbup

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
12pm tomorrow will know the latest from the boss

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Do we Still have enough for 10 out field players?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Do we Still have enough for 10 out field players?

No mate defacto has pulled his hammy and Samie is not match fit after his latest kebab.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
12pm tomorrow will know the latest from the boss

Is he a reliable source?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
No mate defacto has pulled his hammy and Samie is not match fit after his latest kebab.

Samie is never fit, kebab or no kebab  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Samie is never fit, kebab or no kebab  ;D

He's the Philipp Degen of Rawk.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is that correct that Thiago is still unlikely? It seems like he is having setbacks in his recovery as we keep hearing every game that he’s almost ready and then not ready. That’s been going on for a month now.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Is that correct that Thiago is still unlikely? It seems like he is having setbacks in his recovery as we keep hearing every game that he’s almost ready and then not ready. That’s been going on for a month now.

He has turned out to be the worst minge/cock teasing bastard there has ever been at LFC.

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
That you Brendan?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
He's the Philipp Degen of Rawk.

Bit harsh that. On Degen.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bit harsh that. On Degen.

There was much internal strife over the comparison but when I thought about it there was no one else who came to mind.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
harvey barnes... he's decent...and quick
Yeah. Vardy will probably target Phillips too. I think in this case Milner's experience will be more important that the extra pace Neco would add. Maybe need to not defend with such a high line here so we don't leave gaps behind the defence. Neco can play in midweek.

Seeing as Mo's out it might also be worth moving Mane to the right, to give Barnes some defensive duties to consider. Plus Jota has looked much better on the left so far.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander

haven’t really got much of a choice though do we - sweeper keeper ali will do a job

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander

Lets hope it's only two then and not three so we don't lose our unbeaten home record!

Offline Abin465

• Main Stander
If Klopp drops the high line, I think Philips will be fine. Feel like there is a very useful PL defender there, to be sold on to some of the other teams. I am worried about Milner at right back though.

Jo-el to score the winner from a Shaqiri setpiece at the end of a Norwich style 5-4!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if Klopp will sit deep and hit them on the break

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Klopp starting then?!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Yep, give Rodgers something to think about. He doesnt think too well.

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
He has turned out to be the worst minge/cock teasing bastard there has ever been at LFC.
Hahaha, he has. Almost forgot what he looks like

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
That first half a game he played was a big case of "how do you like them apples" wasn't it?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That first half a game he played was a big case of "how do you like them apples" wasn't it?

and the everton game too.....and that's all we've seen.

(damn you richarlison you super douche)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..

I would have thought with us moving to a new training center we would have at least seen pictures of Thiago or Fab in the gym, if not training. Since they had no international break. But not even that.

Seem to have just disappeared.
YWNA

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
I would have thought with us moving to a new training center we would have at least seen pictures of Thiago or Fab in the gym, if not training. Since they had no international break. But not even that.

Seem to have just disappeared.

I wondered if they may have been working out at Melwood - out of the way of the press......
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.