Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 102436 times)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Re: Liverpool exclusive on SSN at 4pm
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »
If he cant force him to resign why even bother asking?

Its not like Parry will go, " Yeah ok Tom!"

Arseholes the lot of em!

So it can be in the media, and so it looks like Hicks is on the fans side and probably also to drop that Rafa bit.

I wouldnt be suprised if this is his only means of communications with Gillett either

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »
As much as people dislike Parry, at this moment in time he is very important to our future. In other words he and Moores are trying to redeem themselves after their initial cock-up selling to those two muppets. The Moores/Parry/Gillett trio is really important resistance to that fat leech Hicks. He must have been pissed at seeing Gillett being seated with Parry at the Arse game too. 
i agree with you, parry was not suppose to go now, i seen him being sacked by dic at the end of the season,
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline buckshee

• Sponsored by Apache Pizzas, Drumcondra
  • Kopite
  • I don't have a drink problem....honestly
Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:20 pm »
Hicks calls for Parry resignation 

Parry (centre) flanked by Gillett (left) and Hicks
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has called for the resignation of the club's chief executive Rick Parry.

Hicks has written to Parry to ask him to stand down although he has no power to sanction that without the say of co-owner George Gillett.

The American is thought to be unhappy with Parry who he feels is siding with Gillett in the club's power struggle.

The news comes on a day when Dubai International Capital reportedly ended their interest in buying the club.

More soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7341190.stm

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:21 pm »
Simple logic. Who is the bigger evil? Hicks or Parry? Who would you want out more? Hicks or Parry?

But the point is that Parry has no control over what Hicks does. He's only the CEO. He doesn't own anything of the club. He exists only as long as the board want him to - and only to conduct their affairs on a daily basis.

Rick Parry has no power over what DIC or Tom Hicks do.
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
They want rid of Parry,
Because he cares about us fans,
Liverpool Football Club
Is in the wrong hands!
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline Polo

• Main Stander
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »
Meanwhile, the stadium goes on the back-burner... :o

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:12 pm »
I hope he tells Hicks to fuck off, I'm sure Gillete would veto any such prospect right now. Gillet hates Hicks.

Everyone hates Hicks.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:17 pm »
The best anti hicks protest could be about to begin. Stand up and be counted Rick.

aye thats what we need, another march to Anfield! they have been working a treat so far havent they...

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:36 pm »
They want rid of Parry,
Because he cares about us fans,
Liverpool Football Club
Is in the wrong hands!

Wonderful.

SoS - dont waste a minute to make the move!!!!

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:50 pm »
Don't really think Darren or Marcus are good enough for us.
:wellin

ENCORE thats made me smile again!!!
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:53 pm »
First of all, I fear that Hicks will replace him with one of his own men.

I hope that doesn't happen.  A sad stupid c*nt who knows nothing about football as our chief exectuive?  That would be a disaster.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:11 pm »
Wonderful.

SoS - dont waste a minute to make the move!!!!

What have they said?

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »
For fuck's sake. Can't this wait till the summer? One of the best nights of the season on Tuesday and now this shit kicks off again. I'm no Parry lover, but please Tom Hicks, for the love of God (Fowler) shut the fuck up.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »
Why now?

Couldn't we wait 2 months - why rock the boat at this point in the season??

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:24 pm »
parry going is a good thing the start of them all going good riddence the shithouse he has got his come-uppence .

Offline Strawberry Fields

• Pending....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:37 pm »
Didn't read every post on the 13 pages.
So what's the news?

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:45 pm »
Fru,

Firstly this is a good thing for the fans personally due to the fact that I have lost count the amount of times we have been fucked over by this fucking clown. I'm sure you can remember.

Now lets face it the ownership and everything to do with the club is currently in the balance and has been for the last 12 months, now if you are suggesting that Parry being required to resign has made the club, or Rafa's position any less vulnerable then it was 2 hours ago, you my friend are kidding yourself.

Am I thinking enough for you yet, lad?

OK, why do you think Hicks has asked Parry to resign? Is it because he is a bad CEO and is bad for the club or is it because he has sided with Gillette and DIC? If it is the latter, which I very much expect it to be then it is nothing more than boardroom politics. He is trying to strengthen HIS position, he couldn't give a fuck about how much it disrupts the team, and how his actions are continually going against everything the club has stood for since it's conception.

He is trying to strengthen his hand, and is basically saying he doesn't give a fuck about distracting the team or respecting the traditions of our club. I feel fucking sick at this news to be honest mate, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would feel any different.

Offline Drunknmunky

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:46 pm »
We need Parry in our fight to save our club. He will probably resign of his own accord once the ownership issue is resolved, I'm certain he is only hanging around to see the back of Hicks. At this moment in time he is one of us and we need to support him.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
Who knows why, especially now - Surely it's better the devil you know. Parry has an opportunity to reclaim some face, but I don't know the inner workings/politics of the whole disgraceful saga.

George and Hicks really need to fuck off. Take the money and run you fuckers.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:56 pm »
STOP!!

BABEL TIME!!!

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:10 pm »
if and it is if parry leaves i think,and hope not hicks will try and replace him with his own son,now that would be the end of this great club

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:13 pm »
You only sell the family silver once - so make sure you balls it up as badly as possible.

Fucking tits the lot of them at this stage.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:25 pm »
What have they said?

Nothing. I am waiting for them to announce some protests.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:38 pm »
Didn't read every post on the 13 pages.
So what's the news?

Hicks has asked Parry to resign - thats all we know.

Whats this about Hicks blaming Rafa for this?
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:49 pm »
How about all of us sending a letter / email to Hicks, Gillette and Parry asking them all to sling their hooks for getting our club in this mess. It just gets worse.

You can't blame DIC for stepping back - they must think we're a bunch of idiots.

Offline cornishred1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Come home Rafa!
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:50 pm »
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT RAFA
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT FANS
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ITS IN THE WRONG HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOS member no- 5073
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:53 pm »
The real piece of news here is going to be Gilletts response to this.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:19 pm »
DIC  were going to get rid of parry straight away so what the problem

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:32 pm »
I hope that doesn't happen.  A sad stupid c*nt who knows nothing about football as our chief exectuive?  That would be a disaster.
:lmao class...
Indeed...

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:48 pm »
This is disgraceful.  And why the hell does it have to break as a headline on SSN?

First of all I thought Hicks employed a PR firm to make sure there were no more cock ups but yet again he is dragging our clubs name through the dirt.  Never minding the fact that at this stage of the season we dont need any more disruption to the first team.  Surely to God this could have waited till the end of the season.  Is is that important to Hicks that Parry resigns right now??  Once again, he doesnt give a flying fuck about how anything he says can affect our team and in course affect us being successful and not having these distractions.

All he's interested in is merchandising the club because he knows we have a large base....and gate receipts on Anfield and the new stadium.  He wants to keep us up there amongst the big clubs bu IMO he couldnt give a toss if we win trophies or not.  He knows only too well we have been around long enough that our fan base will never go away now.

Parry is not gone, and if he does, thats the time it should have broke to the media, and with a bit of dignity, not the way it has been done.

This is completely immature behaviour from Hicks but its what we've grown to expect.

Whether Parry should or shouldnt go is irrelevant.  The point is it is Hicks trying to throw his authority around and further make sure there is no one in the club who will back chat to him.

I am convinced now that if he takes full control of this club Rafa will be sacked.  The guy doesnt give a fuck what the fans think and has his own agenda and dont believe for one second he will keep Rafa even if we get No6.  He clearly has a problem with Rafa.

Parry cannot go yet.  And please God Gillett will not let him.  He's got to now publicly back the fans and use whatever authority and influence he has to oust Hicks.

I dont know what to make of Gillett at this point.  Like him or hate him, he wants out.  I'm just hoping he too will at least try to help the fans and help get his fat fuck of a countryman out of our club.

I'm normally a very optimistic person but I just dont have a good feeling about this whole fiasco short term.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:47:18 pm by Dubred »

Offline ch00se

• Boys Pen
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:52 pm »
DIC  were going to get rid of parry straight away so what the problem
worst possible timing, why not wait til the end of the season?

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »
parry going is a good thing the start of them all going good riddence the shithouse he has got his come-uppence .

Whatever his past wrongdoings Parry is anti Hicks and we need all the help we can get in the Boardroom
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:56 pm »

I agree
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2008, 04:43:13 pm »

too true

going to be a rocky few days methinks!
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2008, 04:43:57 pm »
Save Rick Parry Group plan demonstrations at Blackburn game!!

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2008, 04:44:23 pm »
Remember for every 'clown' taunt, it was thanks to Parry and Moores that the WHOLE of the Americans' debt wasn't laid upon the club. For Parry to go now and be replaced by a Hicks yes-man would be absolutely disasterous for us. And it would seem he's been "asked to resign" for being on DIC's side.

I'm not a fan of Parry, but as others have said, we need him at the club at the moment.

Anyone think this could have anything to do with Parry being sat next to Gillett on Tuesday night?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:46:18 pm by Cracking Left Foot »

Offline The Nihilists

• Bovvered
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will cut off your Johnson
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2008, 04:44:47 pm »
Great timing. Let's drag the club back through the dirt and the back-pages just as the season is back on track and we're on the brink of another CL final.

Was there any need for this at all? If Parry has to go, do it in the summer.

Offline Rock-N-Red

• Main Stander
  • 96 Never Forgotten
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2008, 04:44:58 pm »
I have been disappointed with Rick Parry for some years and thought that he could have done a lot more to drive up Liverpool’s revenue stream from its global support base. But make no mistake, this is not about Rick Parry’s performance as Chief Executive. It is all about Hicks trying to drive wedges between fans, board members and Rafa as part of his battle with Gillett. He sees Parry as an obstacle to him getting his way and want’s rid it’s as simple as that.

Parry and Moores recently blocked Hicks’ attempt to place all the debt on the club when the  the loans he and Gillett took out to buy the Club were refinanced. Hicks clearly hasn’t forgiven them. Parry also asked that one or both of the Club’s co-owners sell their stake in the best interests of the Club since both had publicly stated that they couldn’t work together. Obviously this has also angered Hicks - god knows what else has been going on in the background. Maybe Parry has been trying to push the DIC deal through.

Hicks’ PR team have obviously leaked the fact that he has asked Parry to resign and have revealed some of the content of the letter he sent to Parry. I think it is absolutely disgraceful for them to use the media in this way. Hick’s has also dragged Rafa’s name into the issue buy suggesting that he is also unhappy with Parry. Even if this is true you do not discuss private conversations with the media or use another person’s view as an excuse to ask someone to resign. What a back stabbing gobshite Hicks is!

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:08 pm »
1) underperforming in merchandising.

2)  Hicks says  'Benitez says lack of co-operation from Parry.'

3) Treats fans and sponsors badly.

Fat Boy Hicks has simply read RAWK and lifted the points from there - he's no Einstein, simply attempting to buy favour with the fans. For all the complaints against Parry - HE IS CRUCIAL TO US AT THIS TIME
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play