Author Topic: Everton vs Liverpool, 24 April 2024, Match Preview  (Read 3953 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Everton vs Liverpool, 24 April 2024, Match Preview
« Reply #40 on: Today at 12:28:14 am »

I expect a disjointed game and we may find it difficult to score (again).

I don’t know who will start but I guess that fitness will play a big part.

I’d like to see Jota get a hat-trick against these.

Our bench should be too strong for them and I predict a win for us.
#JFT97

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #41 on: Today at 01:10:19 am »
Just get the 3 points and move on to the weekend.

This.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:00:05 am »
I'll admit ... prior to Fulham, I was worried this would be the game where they end our title challenge.

But after seeing how we managed the game at Craven cottage and finally hitting the back of the net in open play, I'm feeling fairly relaxed about this one.

It will be feral, the tension in the run up will crank up.  But I think we'll start strong and get two quick, early goals and knock the stuffing out of them before adding a 3rd mid second half.  In other words, it'll be everything the United game should have been.

3-0
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:46:50 am »
I feel quite confident about this one, god knows why..A 2:0 win would do me just fine!

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #44 on: Today at 08:58:11 am »
Unpopular opinion perhaps but this is the game we are most likely to drop points in that is remaining.

2 wins in our last 10 matches at Goodison would agree with you. We don't do well there.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #45 on: Today at 09:25:11 am »
2 wins in our last 10 matches at Goodison would agree with you. We don't do well there.

It's the same as Old Trafford. They raise it massively and we struggle with it.

The 2 wins there were a last minute winner in a typically scrappy game (it's usually 0-0 there) and a convincing win when they were in mutiny over Rafa. The convincing win at OT was when we just took all our chances.

We need to either be clinical in this game or be able to grind out a scrappy 1-0. We know exactly what Everton's approach will be.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: Today at 10:18:14 am »
Be horrible this.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #47 on: Today at 10:20:55 am »
and uefa choose oliver and  taylor as refs and atwell and coote for var at euro 24

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #48 on: Today at 10:36:34 am »
Thought Diaz was excellent on the right as was Gakpo on the left and Jota our most clinical finisher , but does one drop out for Salah , you would have to think so .

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #49 on: Today at 10:44:26 am »
and uefa choose oliver and  taylor as refs and atwell and coote for var at euro 24

Not sure why this is relevant for the Derby tomorrow?

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: Today at 11:13:15 am »
Really looking forward to this. Have a good feeling.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #51 on: Today at 11:23:30 am »
Hoping this doesn't come back to bite me, but if we play half decent we'll beat them easily. They are honestly one of the worst teams I've seen, not just this season, but in the premier league ever. My Dad is a blue, so have watched a few matches with him, and honestly, they are truly shite.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #52 on: Today at 11:25:32 am »
Biggest game of the season.

I think one area we struggle is handling big atmospheres away from home. We can wilt in the same way our home crowd influence visiting teams.

Tomorrow night will be as hostile atmosphere as they come for a Liverpool team. Need to show we can handle it and not be dragged down to Everton’s level  and allow ourselves to be Dyche’d.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: Today at 11:37:05 am »

Control the game, score first, quieten the crowd, score again, watch the crowd turn against their own team.

We'll need to be physical and patient to beat their low block but if we can't do it then we probably don't deserve to win the title.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #54 on: Today at 12:22:43 pm »
Genuine question, a Liverpool fan here from another part of the globe.

So aaa... For a kid to be born and bred in Everton, and has a parents who are Blues, with annual Goodison Park trip...

How HARD, or EASY it is for the kid to be "enlightened / influenced" and become a Liverpool FC fan later?

Is it hard to be a Red for them? Seriously, a genuine question from a non-British Liverpool fan.

p/s: Do you have any friends / relatives who have been turned to Red?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:24:34 pm by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: Today at 12:29:24 pm »
Biggest game of the season.

I think one area we struggle is handling big atmospheres away from home. We can wilt in the same way our home crowd influence visiting teams.

Tomorrow night will be as hostile atmosphere as they come for a Liverpool team. Need to show we can handle it and not be dragged down to Everton’s level  and allow ourselves to be Dyche’d.
I don't know that it's so much the atmosphere impacting our players as it is our inability to cope when the opposition get up in our faces.  It should play into our hands as there's more space for us to counter-attack into but we've not strung together a slick counter-attack in a long time.  Instead we get ragged and serve up very good opportunities - it's the same at the end of matches, home or away, where we have a slender lead.

I thought the area we struggled hugely against Atalanta was dealing with the long ball into the target man.  We didn't win enough of the first balls and were all over the shop when it came to competing for the second balls.  One flick-on or lay-off and they were in behind our defence.  Calvert-Lewin is a bit of a donkey but he's very good at winning that first ball so we'll have to improve at picking up those second balls.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: Today at 12:33:58 pm »
Genuine question, a Liverpool fan here from another part of the globe.

So aaa... For a kid to be born and bred in Everton, and has a parents who are Blues, with annual Goodison Park trip...

How HARD, or EASY it is for the kid to be "enlightened / influenced" and become a Liverpool FC fan later?

Is it hard to be a Red for them? Seriously, a genuine question from a non-British Liverpool fan.

p/s: Do you have any friends / relatives who have been turned to Red?
My dad is one of six children and both his parents were blues and all his siblings are blues.  He chose to be a red as a young kid and nobody in our family seems to know why - probably just childish contrarianism and wanting to be unique in a big household.  Based on his age he'd have chosen allegiance whilst Liverpool were in the second division just before or around about the time that Shankly took over.

My brother and I were brought up reds and both my kids are reds.  There but for the grace of God...

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: Today at 01:16:15 pm »
Jürgen's on in a bit..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4rLPcx0Q8NU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4rLPcx0Q8NU</a>

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: Today at 01:40:30 pm »
Jota injured and out for a few weeks, fuck me he's made of biscuits.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #59 on: Today at 01:43:02 pm »
Jota injured and out for a few weeks, fuck me he's made of biscuits.
And not the strong ones either. He's a Hob Nob after you dunk it in tea.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: Today at 01:43:39 pm »
As heard on TAW, Robbo hasn't started 4 consecutive games in such a short space of time in over two years (if he plays Everton and West Ham). With that being said I would start Gomez at LB against these and also bring Konate back in and keep him off the Guinness pre-match. And then Robbo will be fresh for West Ham.

MF looks like being Szoboslai, Macca and Jones which is fine.

Up front I would go Salah, Gakpo and Nunez actually. Gakpo and Nunez offer a bit more defending set pieces than Jota and Diaz.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: Today at 01:45:34 pm »
And not the strong ones either. He's a Hob Nob after you dunk it in tea.

:D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #62 on: Today at 01:58:01 pm »
Jota out is a huge blow.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: Today at 02:44:21 pm »
Well I did state that I doubted whether Jota would start 2 games in 3 days due to his injury record. But I didn't think it would be because he's injured again :butt. Would have been good to have him on the bench.  Either way we've won plenty games without him so let's not concede a stupid goal and just get the job done.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64 on: Today at 02:52:57 pm »
Diaz and Mo to start with Gakpo maybe ?

Be no space for Nunez to run into.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.