robbieredman
6 (30%)
stubby
4 (20%)
kingluis10
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 29, 2020, 02:30:07 pm

Author Topic: Club x4 Draft - THE (x4 way) FINAL  (Read 2704 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Club x4 Draft - THE (x4 way) FINAL
« on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:07 pm »
trend & viper

RobbieRedman

stubby

kingluis10

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Club x4 Draft - THE (x4 way) FINAL
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
I think Trend/Viper is the best team I have come up against but Raul is not even considered a top 10 striker in his own beloved clubs history anymore, the Neil Mellor of Madrid, I love Stubbys front 6 but Alderweireld just isn't final quality and as we know kingluis has the Australian Andy Carroll as Claus pointed out ;)

Nothing between all teams to be honest

enjoy voting and best of luck to all

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 02:45:32 pm »
Raul getting no love cos he wasn't flashy and came right before Spanish football became the new favourite thing of the hipsters. He was a clinical striker who won basically everything there is to win, on multiple occasions. The guy was top scorer in the Champions League twice scoring in two finals.

How many CL final goals does Henry or Mbappe have?

Ps we've comfortably got the best back five out of all these teams and it's not even close

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:51:52 pm »
Yeah; I don’t get the Raul hate at all. I think after Ronaldo came to Real he had take a backseat, but he was a beast before that, and the numbers and titles show it. Think recency bias is strong on this one. I wouldn’t say he wasn’t flashy though, he was technically excellent and scored quiet a few beauties, like in the UCL final against Valencia.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:54:14 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 03:15:01 pm »
Four teams with four great right backs. Admittedly not on the level of Willy Sagnol but they are good none the less.

I'm torn between voting Tubby and Robbie at the moment but I am open to persuasion if anyone posts a compelling case.  :-*
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 03:19:32 pm »
4 good teams

Besides us - I think here’s how I’d rank them

1a. King Luis
1b. Robbie Red
3.   Stubby

KL - no real weaknesses - Vieri up top was very good and I love Nedved
Robbie Red - outstanding set up and I would say he’s the best but for (Toure/Trautman)
Stubby - I really like his team - everything except (Alderweireld)

Here’s where I think we do well

Back 4
GK
Pele

Here’s where I think we hold our own

Falcao
Kante
Kaka

Here’s where our margins are thin

Cambiasso
Raul

Since I think both of them are under appreciated, whatever people think I’m cool with as each team has one or two blokes that could be improved 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 03:50:23 pm »
I'm kidding about Raul, I thought he was great

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 03:52:37 pm »
Four teams with four great right backs. Admittedly not on the level of Willy Sagnol but they are good none the less.

I'm torn between voting Tubby and Robbie at the moment but I am open to persuasion if anyone posts a compelling case.  :-*
it's all about Alderweireld, he's the only one here that stands out like a sore thumb, rest of that team is sufficient at top level

surely the fact i also put my players favoured numbers on their shirts counts for something too, players are precious these days, that would go along way in the final :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:55:33 pm by RobbieRedman »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 04:59:17 pm »
Went for Trend/Viper but in all honesty it's all a bit hollow as we should be romping this final.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 04:59:25 pm »
This Alderweireld bashing needs to stop, he's done nothing to you guys, he's just trying to live his life.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 05:09:30 pm »
This Alderweireld bashing needs to stop, he's done nothing to you guys, he's just trying to live his life.

Toby is the new Moby
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 05:12:13 pm »
Big Tobe is obviously fucking me here, I really should've gone with my first choice, which was Terry.  But then everyone on RAWK hates that guy, so I bottled using him.

I got in my own head.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 05:17:21 pm »
Big Tobe is obviously fucking me here, I really should've gone with my first choice, which was Terry.  But then everyone on RAWK hates that guy, so I bottled using him.

I got in my own head.

John Terry is fucking good.  Not liked but fucking good.   Toby is more -- not liked and not good.  Decent.

I have been there myself with several drafts (Dusan Tadic).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 05:20:03 pm »
Btw, I know the start left much to be desired from the rest us butting into your draft and all, but I would like to say you made it enjoyable, great transitions, and decisions abound.

This was a fun draft mate, well done.

And the fact you may edge us all out here -- means its rigged :)

Congrats Robbie!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 05:30:41 pm »
Btw, I know the start left much to be desired from the rest us butting into your draft and all, but I would like to say you made it enjoyable, great transitions, and decisions abound.

This was a fun draft mate, well done.

And the fact you may edge us all out here -- means its rigged :)

Congrats Robbie!!!
Thanks Trend it's been a pleasure and I think I have got to grips with the process now, so may well volunteer myself again for another draft

there's plenty of wives out there yet to vote on this one though!

i did feel like the drafting gods may be in my favour when I banked Bordeaux but then Flash & FA banked Gronigen which the best pick of the draft for me but still .... didn't seem to pan out for them

I quite like this format though of multiple teams...... we'll get the rules a little straighter next before kicking off. :thumbup

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 05:42:11 pm »
Thanks Trend it's been a pleasure and I think I have got to grips with the process now, so may well volunteer myself again for another draft

there's plenty of wives out there yet to vote on this one though!

i did feel like the drafting gods may be in my favour when I banked Bordeaux but then Flash & FA banked Gronigen which the best pick of the draft for me but still .... didn't seem to pan out for them

I quite like this format though of multiple teams...... we'll get the rules a little straighter next before kicking off. :thumbup

Flash and Lobo getting blown out in round one is easily the greatest  drafting moment in my time here
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 05:44:11 pm »
Flash and Lobo getting blown out in round one is easily the greatest  drafting moment in my time here

Flash is literally never going to recover from that.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 05:50:32 pm »
Flash is literally never going to recover from that.

Nor should he... they was robbed.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 05:53:08 pm »

By the better team, yep.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 05:59:42 pm »
I think there was two drafts here, one that said 'ok you win' to Flash & FA after the teams were drafted, then perhaps one other that carried on without them, we were all somehow convinced they didn't matter despite their great selection and write up

You did a lot of that mind manipulating yourself Trend posting their formations for them before they could blink, i loved that, top gamesmanship ... not only got under their skin but planted the seed in our all minds that these should be got at, as soon as possible :lmao

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 06:04:56 pm »
I think there was two drafts here, one that said 'ok you win' to Flash & FA after the teams were drafted, then perhaps one other that carried on without them, we were all somehow convinced they didn't matter despite their great selection and write up

You did a lot of that mind manipulating yourself Trend posting their formations for them before they could blink, i loved that, top gamesmanship ... not only got under their skin but planted the seed in our all minds that these should be got at, as soon as possible :lmao

2 Draughts

Trend as a master manipulator - Gamesmanship Dude

They Got Robbed
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 06:05:35 pm »

The criticism of the midfield was odd. We felt like Brad Pitt being criticised by Anne Widdecombe for having bad skin.

In this analogy Claus, you’re someone even uglier than Anne Widdecombe and I don’t know who that is.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 06:06:01 pm »
Robbie winning his own draft would be wild, the Trend Maneuver as it's known.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 06:12:31 pm »

;D

And actually, one of the saving graces of Trend making it so personal is that in doing so he’s sabotaged his own team at the same time. The Milan picks speak for themselves, as do the Sao Paolo ones. That back five is monstrous. But in shitting his knickers and picking NY he’s ended up with a pretty poor line up considering what he could have had. Mutual destruction, always an interesting tactic in drafts!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 06:13:24 pm »
Robbie winning his own draft would be wild, the Trend Maneuver as it's known.

Just so we are clear :)

I made a plea to vote against me as I did not want to win my own draft.  Ask Chakan.

Its been all cocaine and hookers since -- I've lost the true trend

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:17:17 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 06:15:56 pm »
;D

And actually, one of the saving graces of Trend making it so personal is that in doing so he’s sabotaged his own team at the same time. The Milan picks speak for themselves, as do the Sao Paolo ones. That back five is monstrous. But in shitting his knickers and picking NY he’s ended up with a pretty poor line up considering what he could have had. Mutual destruction, always an interesting tactic in drafts!

I do not want to stymie your pleasure Lobo, but my collectivist bent prefers to call it

Cockblocking the dominant team, while sacrificing my own still brings me great pleasure as an underdog walks to the title.  That's what I am all about!!!

It must be known though, anyone who would have drawn Barca would have gotten that treatment (possibly with the exception of Viva).  I took no "personal" pleasure having it be Lobo or Flash. 

Probably should not lose focus on what could have been, if we had not picked the Cosmos. 

Gilmar
RB Koeman Van Dijk LB
   Xavi Messi Iniesta
Suarez            Eusebio
             Pele

To everyone not named Flash/Lobo you are welcome. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:34:03 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 03:58:29 am »
The criticism of the midfield was odd. We felt like Brad Pitt being criticised by Anne Widdecombe for having bad skin.

In this analogy Claus, you’re someone even uglier than Anne Widdecombe and I don’t know who that is.

Killed ya. Simple as

The Colunavirus

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 04:06:03 am »
My greatest achievement

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 06:40:51 am »
I will say this:

If some cheeky bastard comes in and votes for us at the end to tie up this thing.  We will renounce the title on grounds of:

1. Collectivistic righteousness
2. And that I have not checked with Red Viper (do not know if we have voted twice) -- I have voted, but did not find out if he did.

Anyhow, if things stay the same -- old Robber Baron Robbie the Red wins this thing.   As it should be.

Don't be brutal and vote for Robbie its futile.  Unless you mess about and decide to give King Luis a shout.   Now this would be rather silly, but voting for Stubby would be the dilly.

TRENDING NO VOTES FOR US
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 06:45:07 am »
Trend’s back 4
King Luis’s midfield
Tubby’s attack

That would be a joy. Might also mean 12 men on the pitch. Having singled them out Robbie has a very balanced team too. Tricky to just vote for one. Anyone up for begging?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 07:29:43 am »
I will say this:

If some cheeky bastard comes in and votes for us at the end to tie up this thing.  We will renounce the title on grounds of:

1. Collectivistic righteousness
2. And that I have not checked with Red Viper (do not know if we have voted twice) -- I have voted, but did not find out if he did.

My partner has gone rogue it seems. Ignore his ramblings, I've never won a draft before so come on, vote Team Trend/Viper!!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 08:42:19 am »
My partner has gone rogue it seems. Ignore his ramblings, I've never won a draft before so come on, vote Team Trend/Viper!!

To ignore is to ignite...you've a lot to learn!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 09:48:29 am »
Trend’s back 4
King Luis’s midfield
Tubby’s attack

That would be a joy. Might also mean 12 men on the pitch. Having singled them out Robbie has a very balanced team too. Tricky to just vote for one. Anyone up for begging?

A vote for Tubby is a vote against all the bullying that poor Toby has suffered throughout this draft.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 10:01:36 am »
Think I'll get over it all by lording it over ye in Claus' Sheep Draft. Thank you very much.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 12:23:48 pm »
This is sum bullshit

Take it back you heathens ; take it back
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:53 pm »
Some proper wivery going on here ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 12:44:34 pm »
Some proper wivery going on here ;D

Don’t gloat yet, we’re still down 1 since we probably have voted twice

This match is over; Trend Viper loses so that the group may win

And btw, we don’t deserve it

Let some other deserving team win this
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 01:56:10 pm »
There's been a mixed number of votes in the other matches, 20, 21, 22, even 23 in one.  We just need one more from someone to get this sucker done.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 02:26:27 pm »
There's been a mixed number of votes in the other matches, 20, 21, 22, even 23 in one.  We just need one more from someone to get this sucker done.

The real score is

Robbie 6
Trend/Viper 5 (possible two votes from Trend/Viper)
Stubby! 4
KingLuis 4

So, if no one votes before the deadline and we confirm Red Viper has voted, then we are at 5.... 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 02:33:20 pm »
I just tried to vote and it had closed 2 minutes ago  ;D
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du