Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957371 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10080 on: May 19, 2023, 08:30:17 pm »
I read it in a way that they analysed every single letter of what a non-native English speaker said to find something to punish him for. It's basically what they did. They say Klopp talked about Tierney as if he was trying to say Tierney had something against him and that was wrong. However, their own transcript shows that Tierney really seems to have an issue with Klopp. If he didn't, why would he tell Klopp that it could have been a red for an incident he didn't even fucking see himself and was told by two people that it's a yellow card? Yeah, the 4th official said it's "a yellow minimum", but at the same time he seems to have made it clear that it wasn't anything really bad from Klopp. The whole thing is a farce...

Thanks for that. This bit jumped out which confused me a bit:

"The FA continued, analysing what Mr Klopp had said on 30 May 2023, and setting out the words used (which we have already set out above)."

Klopp is a time traveller? Or are we talking Minority Report?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10081 on: May 19, 2023, 08:38:11 pm »

Klopp is a time traveller? Or are we talking Minority Report?

ha ha yeah that's what I thought when I read it.

The whole things a farce anyway, don't see any issues with players or managers, including Klopp, getting punished if they cross the line. Just a shame it's not consistently applied.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10082 on: May 19, 2023, 09:36:13 pm »
Wouldn't blame him for walking away i really wouldn't. The officials hate us with a passion and are xenophobic towards Klopp and Mo imo.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10083 on: May 19, 2023, 10:22:23 pm »
Wouldn't blame him for walking away i really wouldn't. The officials hate us with a passion and are xenophobic towards Klopp and Mo imo.

it isn’t xenophobia with Klopp, unless they just hate Germans and no other Europeans  ;D  Guardiola is the worst of the lot of them, yet barely gets talked about. Arteta acts the prick every game too but doesn’t get talked about. So it’s more discrimination against Klopp because of how he looks, the guy is big and intimidating, and yes, looks a bit scary when he’s angry. It shouldn’t mean he gets punished more because of it though, so it’s a really bad that it clearly influences people.  It is the inconsistency that is infurating.  And the fact that there is ZERO accountability for the god-awful officiating.  A ref like Tierney should not be getting rewarded with cup finals, it’s mad that the FA openly doesn’t give a shit about how bad the officials are.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10084 on: May 19, 2023, 10:41:40 pm »
It's because of who he manages.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #10085 on: May 19, 2023, 11:07:55 pm »
This.

If he managed Utd they'd (refs, officials and media) all be licking his balls non stop.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10086 on: May 19, 2023, 11:40:19 pm »
This.

If he managed Utd they'd (refs, officials and media) all be licking his balls non stop.

Sadly, I believe these to be 100% true...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10087 on: May 20, 2023, 12:10:14 am »
A Manc said to me today his family are Utd STH's. They're originally from Belfast, they moved to Wigan when he was 11, so I doubt any of them supported City. I bet non of the NI lads on here know any City fans

Fair enough :thumbup

Either way it's a bit odd for a Manchester Derby though ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10088 on: May 20, 2023, 09:24:01 am »
it isn’t xenophobia with Klopp, unless they just hate Germans and no other Europeans  ;D  Guardiola is the worst of the lot of them, yet barely gets talked about. Arteta acts the prick every game too but doesn’t get talked about. So it’s more discrimination against Klopp because of how he looks, the guy is big and intimidating, and yes, looks a bit scary when he’s angry. It shouldn’t mean he gets punished more because of it though, so it’s a really bad that it clearly influences people.  It is the inconsistency that is infurating.  And the fact that there is ZERO accountability for the god-awful officiating.  A ref like Tierney should not be getting rewarded with cup finals, it’s mad that the FA openly doesn’t give a shit about how bad the officials are.

Xenophobic = "Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries"

They dislike him because he is German
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10089 on: May 20, 2023, 09:30:10 am »
Nah. Frank, Farke, even the weirdo Tuchel... all treated fine. It's a combination of factors: being Liverpool manager, being foreign AND being outspoken. Who was the previous guy to tick all those boxes, and how was he regarded?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10090 on: May 20, 2023, 09:50:09 am »
They're xenophobic towards Liverpool, because we're not English.  :thumbup
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #10091 on: May 20, 2023, 09:55:17 am »

This 100%  :)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #10092 on: May 20, 2023, 09:55:44 am »

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10093 on: May 20, 2023, 12:02:22 pm »
Could we not organise a mini protest against PGMOL. Get some big flags with PGMOL UNACCOUNTABLE in our last game. Get the media, pundits and the journo’s talking about it.  Create some real pressure on PGMOL because that’s the only way things are going to change, if criticism and protest gains some gravitas.

Don’t expect other clubs, fans and media to join us because of dislike / jealousy but at least it will be out there

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10094 on: May 20, 2023, 12:06:30 pm »

that’s defo truer and more sensical a thought than a belief he is targetted because he’s German.

There is a genuine discrimination in England for Liverpool and it’s good people, and thus by extension the team!

But for sure how he looks has a big pat of it, same as at BVB. He’s intimidating, compare and contrast to that weird little freak Guardiola who behaves far worse towards referees.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10095 on: May 20, 2023, 12:25:43 pm »
Wouldn't blame him for walking away i really wouldn't.

On this? I would.

But he won't.

So take your finger off the panic button (again).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10096 on: May 20, 2023, 12:33:05 pm »
that’s defo truer and more sensical a thought than a belief he is targetted because he’s German.

There is a genuine discrimination in England for Liverpool and it’s good people, and thus by extension the team!

But for sure how he looks has a big pat of it, same as at BVB. He’s intimidating, compare and contrast to that weird little freak Guardiola who behaves far worse towards referees.

Think its also because they think he's a serial offender. Ah, Klopp went off one again, here's a card/punishment/fine. Also maybe because he just apologises and takes it, if he'd kick up a massive legal fuss every time, they might lay off him a bit (or they'd double down and make him leave the country).
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #10097 on: May 20, 2023, 12:42:58 pm »
Nah. Frank, Farke, even the weirdo Tuchel... all treated fine. It's a combination of factors: being Liverpool manager, being foreign AND being outspoken. Who was the previous guy to tick all those boxes, and how was he regarded?

Other than Frank not being German, 100% agree with this post.
What's your pleasure?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10098 on: May 20, 2023, 12:52:03 pm »
Think its also because they think he's a serial offender. Ah, Klopp went off one again, here's a card/punishment/fine. Also maybe because he just apologises and takes it, if he'd kick up a massive legal fuss every time, they might lay off him a bit (or they'd double down and make him leave the country).

I think this is his 2nd suspension and 3rd fine?  And the first of those fines was for his fantastic run onto the pitch to Alisson, for the Origi winner so not for anything said to or about refs!

So it’s only this season he’s actually been suspended and fined, and both because of his rightful anger and irritation about how differently Salah is refereed.  So he isn't really a serial offender, but he is scary looking and doesn’t hold back. 

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10099 on: May 20, 2023, 02:38:58 pm »
I imagine it's a combination of things.

It's partly because he's Liverpool manager, and Liverpool are the Big Team that it's easy to target - not because "the club is soft"; people who say this often don't stop to think about what exactly the club can do and how much the club's hands are tied - but because very few, if any, in the media will go out to bat for LFC, while plenty will come out against us. So it's easy to target us and not become the centre of a hate-storm. LFC fans might complain but lots more will take your side because you're targeting LFC

That he's a big bloke and intimidating may well play a part as well, especially with regards to claims about intimdating referees, but also I think there's pure jealousy at work. Klopp is unbelievably loved, so popular, even among people who don't like football, that some people probably feel they want to take him down a bit, to redress the balance of his utter bossness.

This happens a lot in the creative industries in which I work, I see it a lot. But I imagine it's similar in sport which is another personality-based industry.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #10100 on: May 27, 2023, 10:29:22 am »
After reading his comments in the pre-match today, anyone who even fleetingly thinks that sacking this guy is a good idea needs to be publicly flogged and barred from following this club:

"If ever a player would come to me and said, 'oh, we didn't qualify for the Champions League, I have to leave', I would drive him to the other club myself.

"I would take the key, [and say]: 'come in the car, where do you want to go, I drive you."

Klopp said the squad is still "really united" despite the disappointment of missing out on the last Champions League qualification spot.

"We didn't point fingers at each other. That's all good. If you don't qualify for the Champions League, the best place you can possibly end up is fifth, so that's what we did," he said before Liverpool visit Southampton on Sunday.

"If you'd have asked me 10 games ago if that was possible, I'd have said no. That the boys did that is really good but it's not perfect.

"We didn't end up fifth because of the last 10 games, we ended up there because of the lack of consistency before that."

You tell me one other manager out there that would be that forthright and honest? He is a far better person, coach and all-round human being than any other on the planet and for me, he is deservedly up there with Shanks, Bob, Fagan and The King.

I'm so glad that Jurgen is a Red. We're gonna be OK.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #10101 on: May 27, 2023, 06:42:20 pm »
Eleven in a row over in Germany. It takes a special manager to stop both Bayern and City.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10102 on: May 27, 2023, 07:30:20 pm »
This.

Sadly, I think this is correct. Ferguson was one of, if not the, worst bullies in the history of the game. An absolutely horrendous character who would shout his mouth of endlessly at and about officials. Rather than punish him they rolled over and let him tickle their tummies. They went all out to appease him.

If Klopp managed that lot they'd be raving about him the media and game officials would be rolling on their backs for him. The way Klopp is treated is because he manages us and not them or another media darling club or sportswash.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Yasar

• Phantom Desk Shitter
  • Kopite
  • Doug Stanhope appreciation society
« Reply #10103 on: May 27, 2023, 09:56:42 pm »
Just watched the Southampton presser with the depression of impending Europa League footy glooming over me and this man immediately brightened me up. Anyone who plays under this man will run through brick walls for him, which is why we’ll be back with a vengeance next season, mark my words.
They proved that if you quit smoking, it will prolong your life. What they haven't proved is that a prolonged life is a good thing. I haven't seen the stats on that yet.
-Bill Hicks

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #10104 on: May 28, 2023, 01:33:48 am »
Sadly, I think this is correct. Ferguson was one of, if not the, worst bullies in the history of the game. An absolutely horrendous character who would shout his mouth of endlessly at and about officials. Rather than punish him they rolled over and let him tickle their tummies. They went all out to appease him.

If Klopp managed that lot they'd be raving about him the media and game officials would be rolling on their backs for him. The way Klopp is treated is because he manages us and not them or another media darling club or sportswash.
100% mate. No two ways about it.

You speak to footy fans (of any club) and they all say they'd have loved to have had Klopp manage their club and that they believe he's the best manager in the world. They love him.

You could just imagine what it would have been like if Klopp did manage that lot (Sky, BT, MOTD, media the lot).....it's unbearable to even think about. But because it's us, they can't fucking stand it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10105 on: June 16, 2023, 12:37:27 am »
Happy 56th Birthday Kloppo!  8) ;D

433 Matches
266 Wins

1x Premier League
1x Champions League
1x FA Cup
1x League Cup
1x Super Cup
1x Club World Cup
1x Community Shield

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10106 on: June 16, 2023, 06:43:08 am »
Happy Birthday Boss, a giant amongst men  :champ
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10107 on: June 16, 2023, 07:59:17 am »
56, shit, that means he's only 9 years from retirement. Worrying times.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #10108 on: June 16, 2023, 08:07:50 am »
all the best boss

tell me which pub you'll be at and i'll buy you a drink or 2  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #10109 on: June 16, 2023, 08:20:53 am »
Happy birthday Jurgen!

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10110 on: June 16, 2023, 08:23:25 am »
I'd say he's got another 6 years at least! Whipper snapper.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10111 on: June 16, 2023, 10:32:31 am »
56, shit, that means he's only 9 years from retirement. Worrying times.

Its 67 for us 56 year olds now ;)

Happy Birthday Jurgen :wave
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 10:35:40 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10112 on: June 16, 2023, 11:49:11 am »
Happy Birthday to the best manager in world football.

🎉🏆🎉🏆🎉🏆🎉
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10113 on: June 16, 2023, 11:50:13 am »
all the best boss

tell me which pub you'll be at and i'll buy you a drink or 2  :wave
I was in his local last week but he wasn't there. 😕

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10114 on: June 16, 2023, 11:54:20 am »
Happy Birthday Boss.

Have several pints of Erdinger and a couple of cubans - you deserve it.  :scarf :scarf

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10115 on: June 16, 2023, 12:03:15 pm »
Happy Birthday Boss, you are the best. :champ
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10116 on: June 16, 2023, 02:16:18 pm »
Happy birthday Boss!!  :wave

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_26-ypaNOc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_26-ypaNOc4</a>

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10117 on: June 16, 2023, 04:04:53 pm »
A Manc said to me today his family are Utd STH's. They're originally from Belfast, they moved to Wigan when he was 11, so I doubt any of them supported City. I bet non of the NI lads on here know any City fans

I do unfortunately. 2 of them. One who is my mum's partner and has been a City fan all his life. He's a monumental c*nt so very apt that he supports them.

Another I used to work with who is also significantly older than me. He's not in the same category of c*nt as the c*nt above, but still a c*nt nonetheless. Wouldn't accept City were not cleared of wrongdoing by CAS and insisted they were innocent.

I'm aware of the existence of a scattering of others, but I don't know them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nyx

• Kemlynite
  • Has Gomez scored yet?
« Reply #10118 on: June 16, 2023, 04:37:01 pm »
Happy birthday, boss!

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10119 on: June 16, 2023, 06:17:59 pm »
Many happy returns boss
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.