Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 339427 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1800 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:03 pm »
you seem to be cross with anyone suggesting that ings has something to contribute to the team.

Jack's cross. Some are reaching Bitter level of fewm, but no surprise when you read their post history.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1801 on: January 29, 2018, 08:29:24 pm »
He scores in bursts and against the bottom half teams  :)

From Wiki:

During January and February 2015, Ings scored five goals in six Premier League matches, helping the team to achieve draws with Newcastle United and West Bromwich Albion, and defeat Queens Park Rangers. In May, he scored the winning goal in 1–0 victories over Hull City and Aston Villa respectively to end the season with 11 goals from 35 league appearances.

Then joined us.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1802 on: January 29, 2018, 09:37:18 pm »
Whats strange is people considering moving Bobby from his best midfield to accommodate Ings up top

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1803 on: January 29, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »
Jack's cross. Some are reaching Bitter level of fewm, but no surprise when you read their post history.

i'm pretty sanguine. looking forward to seeing what ings can do if he gets a chance.  ditto solanke.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: January 29, 2018, 10:04:13 pm »
Whats strange is people considering moving Bobby from his best midfield to accommodate Ings up top

Yeah, I'd like to see Ings given a go but why on earth you'd put Firmino in midfield I don't know. I'd quite like to see him and Ings up front pressing with Salah wide of them. Lopsided 4-3-3, with Mane benched or a 4-2-4 with him ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: January 29, 2018, 10:11:38 pm »
The new Fab Four??

More like Wings, still some obvious talent still in there but not world beaters. I think that makes Danny Ings Linda McCartney? Bit harsh I suppose.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #1806 on: January 29, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »
A injury to Firmino, and Ings is our frist choice. Scary!
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1807 on: January 29, 2018, 10:29:04 pm »
A injury to Firmino, and Ings is our frist choice. Scary!

Why?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1808 on: February 4, 2018, 06:47:53 pm »
Yeah i still don't get the logic in keeping him when he isn't going to start and isn't even brought on when Firmino is clearly blowing out his arse after sixty minutes, which is totally fair given what he's already put in.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1809 on: February 4, 2018, 07:05:13 pm »
Yeah i still don't get the logic in keeping him when he isn't going to start and isn't even brought on when Firmino is clearly blowing out his arse after sixty minutes, which is totally fair given what he's already put in.

I can't understand why Woodburn isn't on the bench.

Ings should of come on for Bobby though.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1810 on: February 4, 2018, 07:25:31 pm »

Needed badly today. Firmino had lead in his boots from the get go. Amazed he stayed on. Guess his work rate is unsustainable without rest. Looks like we'll have to play Ings at some point whether people like it or not.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: February 4, 2018, 07:46:10 pm »

A half dead Firmino is better than a 'fully fit' Ings, I suppose.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1812 on: February 7, 2018, 11:45:00 am »
Speechless at some of the comments about Danny on here.

Genuinely gobsmacked.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: February 7, 2018, 01:12:33 pm »
Needed badly today. Firmino had lead in his boots from the get go. Amazed he stayed on. Guess his work rate is unsustainable without rest. Looks like we'll have to play Ings at some point whether people like it or not.

Thought that was really strange, Bobby was dead on his feet for the whole 2nd. If Ings isn't good to come on and run abar abit what is he good for? Klopp seems to prefer a Firmino dead on his feet than a fresh and ready Ings. Be interested to see if he just runs Bobby into the ground in both weekend and weekday match during the CL weeks or tries to rotate with Ings.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 01:15:33 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1814 on: February 7, 2018, 01:24:13 pm »
you seem to be cross with anyone suggesting that ings has something to contribute to the team.

hah just seen this. and the subsequent post on this page.
If Danny Ings scores a few goals for us and fires us to runners up spot and CL glory do you seriously think I'm going to be cross I was wrong? I'll very happily eat humble pie.
I'll keep trying to be objective about our players if that's cool with you and I'll also hope to be proved wrong when I think one of them isn't at the right level for us.

Before his injuries Ings had a shot at being a decent mid table level forward - which isn't shit and can obviously do a job for us in the right situation / game - I honestly don't know what his level is now after being out so long. No one planned for him to be getting significant minutes in our front line this year - including Klopp by the way so I don't see why people should talk themselves into it now. Honestly I'd rather Solanke got minutes - he's got some really encouraging underlying numbers despite the lack of goals and hopefully he can develop.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1815 on: February 10, 2018, 09:54:31 am »
hah just seen this. and the subsequent post on this page.
If Danny Ings scores a few goals for us and fires us to runners up spot and CL glory do you seriously think I'm going to be cross I was wrong? I'll very happily eat humble pie.
I'll keep trying to be objective about our players if that's cool with you and I'll also hope to be proved wrong when I think one of them isn't at the right level for us.

Before his injuries Ings had a shot at being a decent mid table level forward - which isn't shit and can obviously do a job for us in the right situation / game - I honestly don't know what his level is now after being out so long. No one planned for him to be getting significant minutes in our front line this year - including Klopp by the way so I don't see why people should talk themselves into it now. Honestly I'd rather Solanke got minutes - he's got some really encouraging underlying numbers despite the lack of goals and hopefully he can develop.

you seem to feel the need to be 'objective' again and again when it comes to ings but glad to know you will jump on the bandwagon when he starts banging them in.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: February 10, 2018, 05:20:16 pm »
Jurgen isn't interested in short termism, if he thinks Danny Ings and Dominic Solanke can fill the void til summer, then I'm all on for it, in any case Salah or Mane could easily play through the middle in the absence of Firmino, so there are plenty of options.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: February 15, 2018, 01:01:03 am »
And a shout for my man Ingsy for making a quiet Champions League debut and looking good. Pleased for him that he is now the 4th man for the front 3. Ingsy to start the Anfield leg and grab a couple of goals
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1818 on: February 15, 2018, 01:13:55 am »
Well Ings was fairly young before getting we bought him and his main characteristic was showing good results and better potential based on his fierce Drive, he plays like a man possessed. Made lots of chances for himself by sheer hustle.

Clearly if the skill level is high enough that is an outstanding characteristic in this team. Im all for giving him a shot i dream that Klopp turns him into BobbyTwo
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #1819 on: February 15, 2018, 01:15:14 am »
If he can play himself into match fitness and get to grips with the system, I think his attributes mean he is a very good backup number 9 in Klopp's system, and there's Solanke in reserve.

As long as we get a pacy, tricky wide man to take the load off Mane and Salah, I think we are very well stocked in attack.

Come to think of it, I think we only need 3 signings from being a ferociously strong squad. Another quality CB, a top DM and a pacy winger. Ings, if he can steer clear of injury can save us 20 million which is what a reliable backup number 9 would cost.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: February 15, 2018, 01:46:23 am »
And a shout for my man Ingsy for making a quiet Champions League debut and looking good. Pleased for him that he is now the 4th man for the front 3. Ingsy to start the Anfield leg and grab a couple of goals

Yes
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: February 15, 2018, 11:19:34 am »
If he can play himself into match fitness and get to grips with the system, I think his attributes mean he is a very good backup number 9 in Klopp's system, and there's Solanke in reserve.

As long as we get a pacy, tricky wide man to take the load off Mane and Salah, I think we are very well stocked in attack.

Come to think of it, I think we only need 3 signings from being a ferociously strong squad. Another quality CB, a top DM and a pacy winger. Ings, if he can steer clear of injury can save us 20 million which is what a reliable backup number 9 would cost.
Really? If we lose Firmino for a month or so due to injury (pray that wont happen obviously, but it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary), you'd be fine with Ings and Solanke as back up in a season when our aim is the title?

City have Jesus and Aguero (second choice at the start of the season- now on 21 goals!), that is what we're up against. Happy for Ings to prove me wrong, but I just can't see what he offers being enough, unless Firmino is fit to play at the top of his ability in about 90% of our games next season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1822 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:58 am »
A Champions league assist to his name, well in Danny.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1823 on: February 15, 2018, 11:38:49 am »

Would love it if he gets a goal in the home game :)

I'd think he'd be very likely to start as well.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: February 15, 2018, 01:08:23 pm »
just realized he is 25. That's a good 10 years of football left in him.

feels like he has been with us for ages.

lets hope he stays fit and shows us what he can do. We need all our players fit and ready to step up for this final push and run. A typical klopp player that never stops running and still remember his quality playing for rodgers before his horrendous injuries hit.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: February 15, 2018, 01:20:34 pm »
Feel he has come on leaps and bounds of late. But he still has a long way to go to convince me he is the man for the future.

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: February 15, 2018, 01:48:09 pm »
Feel he has come on leaps and bounds of late. But he still has a long way to go to convince me he is the man for the future.
At least as long as we have Salah, Mane and Firmino, we don’t need Ings to be the main man. As the main back up, he is better than decent. He can play centre forward or wide forward and can press too
coitus will occur

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1827 on: February 15, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »
I feel a bit sorry for him. He has a word class striker (Firmino) who he is not going to displace.........well if he can then he'll be an amazing player.
#JFT97

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1828 on: February 15, 2018, 02:23:56 pm »
It's really hard to know what LFC have in Danny Ings at the present.  This still feels like he is 100% in rehab mode.  He needs more matches, both at the U-23 level and substitute appearances at the senior level.  If he can stay healthy through the rest of this season, and get a good foot in the summer, he could well be Firmino's backup going into August.  Klopp really seems to rate him.  But right now, I think its pure speculation.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1829 on: February 15, 2018, 02:29:41 pm »
Feel if he can be fit for a while then he can be a good backup for us. Really needs to make the most of any chances he gets for the remainder of this season

Need to see more of him on the pitch but he strikes me as an English Kuyt in terms of his attitude. If he can be half as valuable to us as Dirk than that would be great...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: February 15, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »
A Champions league assist to his name, well in Danny.
Well in, indeed. He didn't look out of place when laying off that ball into Mané's path.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1831 on: February 15, 2018, 04:08:51 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: March 17, 2018, 08:09:02 pm »
Danny Ings is still only 25 and has hardly been run into the ground, so he still has plenty of time to have a good career ahead of him at Liverpool.
I sincerely hope so mate. The pecking order will get more difficult each window but this lad is fucking great. His effort and endeavour for 20 minutes was wonderful today. Very unlucky not to slot 1 of 2 good chances - fucking goalkeepers eh.

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1833 on: March 17, 2018, 08:10:36 pm »
Keep at it Danny. You will get your goal sooner rather than later. We are all sure of that ...
coitus will occur

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: March 17, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »
Think he has a role to play under Klopp, just keep at it Danny!

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1835 on: March 17, 2018, 08:13:43 pm »
He'll be here next season.  We'll get an attacker, probably someone who can play right across the front, but I really think Ings will have a part to play under Klopp.  He's bright, he's sharp, he works himself into the ground and he is desperate to prove himself - he just needs that one goal to really get off the ground.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1836 on: March 17, 2018, 08:13:44 pm »
I sincerely hope so mate. The pecking order will get more difficult each window but this lad is fucking great. His effort and endeavour for 20 minutes was wonderful today. Very unlucky not to slot 1 of 2 good chances - fucking goalkeepers eh.

You could tell the crowd and the players were willing him to score today.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: March 17, 2018, 08:16:52 pm »
The fact he was on the pitch, what, 20mins, and got into some great goal scoring opportunities was absolutely brilliant. It’s as though he slotted straight in, which is what you want to see - he came on and we just carried on putting our foot down.

Should have gotten his goal today, but carry on like that and he’s capable of scoring a boat load.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: March 17, 2018, 08:17:46 pm »
It will come, saving it for the bitters at Woodison.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: March 17, 2018, 08:19:55 pm »
The fact he was on the pitch, what, 20mins, and got into some great goal scoring opportunities was absolutely brilliant.

Liverpool fans hype players don't we mate, but fucking hell Danny showed alertness and endeavour for a massive 20 minutes there. An already troubled Watford defence got no let up.