Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754460 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2120 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:47 pm »
No meniscus damage is the silver lining. My brother list 70% of his with a similar injury. That would be the end for a pro.
Would be great if the ox got back training this season. Hopefully available the next. He's still pretty young and Gomez must be somewhat of an inspiration.

he's going to the get world class care, rehab and follow up. He seems to have the mind set and hear to come back - hopefully no set backs as that;s the real killer.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2121 on: September 20, 2018, 10:06:07 pm »
No meniscus damage is the silver lining.

No its not, there is no silver lining in this. It's a major, major trauma to his knee.

That would be the end for a pro.

No its not. There's plenty of pro's out there who either play with or have had surgery to correct meniscal repairs, as part of an ACL repair or not.

My thoughts more align with Tepid on this. I'll be amazed if he reaches anywhere near the standard he set last season.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: September 20, 2018, 10:48:21 pm »
Let's let him get back on the pitch before we get too negative!
Completely agree. He has more chance to get back to his best than not. ACL reconstruction and rehab medicine today are very advance and sophisticated that serious sports injuries like ACL injury is dealt with an expectation that the sportsman will be back to his pre-injury level. Of course like everything else, things can go wrong but that is more the exception rather than the rule. Danny Ings and Joe Gomez are very good recent examples. They are many others specially those playing in NFL
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2124 on: September 21, 2018, 12:55:31 am »
No its not, there is no silver lining in this. It's a major, major trauma to his knee.

No its not. There's plenty of pro's out there who either play with or have had surgery to correct meniscal repairs, as part of an ACL repair or not.

My thoughts more align with Tepid on this. I'll be amazed if he reaches anywhere near the standard he set last season.

I'm not playing down the injury its horrendous.  But much worse if he had serious meniscus damage. So id call that a silver lining. In my brothers case his lost 70% of his meniscus which left him with bone on bone. He has arthritis in the knee as a result and can't even walk without discomfort. Surely you're not suggesting that there's pro footballers playing in that condition?

I've had a meniscal repair and its been a perfect success. They can't replace it when its gone though.  I'm still shite at football however.

Edit:  interesting article tepid. Backs up my small silver lining theory but also throws water on it by severely doubting there being no meniscus damage. Hopefully the reports weren't false.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:07:12 am by didi shamone »

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: September 21, 2018, 10:45:44 am »
A really good (and sobering) article about his injury on TIA

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-expert-analysis-reveals-the-ultimate-challenge-facing-liverpool-midfielder/

Very much a sobering article that,thanks.

My first thought was that his career as an elite athlete is over when i first read that Ox had suffered damage to every ligament in his knee,the article doesn't sugarcoat the seriousness of the injury at all but still it gives us and Alex hope(the NFL stats) that he can come back after a lengthy rehabilitation which is good to hear.

I just know everyone at the club,the fans,his family and friends are behind him during the long layoff.
Ox just needs some luck for once with all the injuries he's had,don't know him personally but he seems such a nice person as well.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2126 on: September 21, 2018, 12:07:29 pm »
A really good (and sobering) article about his injury on TIA

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-expert-analysis-reveals-the-ultimate-challenge-facing-liverpool-midfielder/

The article was specific on the mentality of an athlete after a major injury and how it will take them a long time to trust their body long after they have healed.
I look at Sturridge and he hardly ever runs flat out anymore. I think he is terrified of pulling his hamstrings again.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2127 on: September 21, 2018, 12:43:28 pm »
He has more chance to get back to his best than not

I’m afraid I haven’t read anyone with a medical/injury background who thinks this statement is true - unless you have if so please link.
(Re the rest of your post it’s far from being a standard ACL injury)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: September 21, 2018, 12:55:32 pm »
Wow. Really feel for the lad and I knew his recovery would be hard but it's shit that he might not fulfil his potential now.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #2129 on: September 21, 2018, 12:56:00 pm »
Just a crying shame this happened, particularly when hitting such good form and with the previous injury problems seeming to have disappeared. Still, he certainly has the resolve to give himself the best chance of at least getting back on the pitch. From there, who knows?

I have no concept of whether the knee feels the same after one of these surgeries (or at least with an ACL surgery). Would there be an expectation that the knee ever feels completely the same again? As mentioned in the article above, the fear of moving as you did pre-injury must be a huge factor with these kinds of injuries. I can hardly watch players who have come back from major injuries for the first few games myself, so it must be a significant challenge for the players themselves overcoming fear of a recurrence.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2130 on: September 21, 2018, 06:53:23 pm »
What about we just see first, before throwing his career to the wind. People were saying Ings would never get back to playing normally, he's not doing too bad. Alex was on LFC TV yesterday and seemed very calm and considered, with his comments. If Klopp is prepared to give Alex every chance to make a return then so should we. Good luck Alex.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: September 21, 2018, 07:22:58 pm »
What about we just see first, before throwing his career to the wind. People were saying Ings would never get back to playing normally, he's not doing too bad. Alex was on LFC TV yesterday and seemed very calm and considered, with his comments. If Klopp is prepared to give Alex every chance to make a return then so should we. Good luck Alex.

Exactly, we can only wait and see. Hopefully everything goes well for him.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: September 21, 2018, 07:37:30 pm »
What we don’t know are the details.

He’s damaged all four alignments, but has he ruptured all four? (Clearly he’s done his act though..)

Has he done the meniscus or not?

Important details which we don’t know.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: September 21, 2018, 09:21:41 pm »
Fingers crossed he can defy the odds and get back to the elite level.

Football is generally a brutal business but AOC has the benefit of four years remaining on his contract and Liverpool therefore being heavily invested in his recovery.  He will no doubt get the best treatment money can buy and as much time as he needs.

It shows the fragility of a professional sportsman's career (/livelihood) because the incident was so innocuous on first glance.  For a young kid trying to break through or a lower league player you'd have to imagine there'd be no prospect of coming back.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: September 21, 2018, 09:29:28 pm »
What we don’t know are the details.

He’s damaged all four alignments, but has he ruptured all four? (Clearly he’s done his act though..)

Has he done the meniscus or not?

Important details which we don’t know.
If we 'don't know the details' how can you say he has a 'slender chance' of getting back to his best?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:28 pm »
If we 'don't know the details' how can you say he has a 'slender chance' of getting back to his best?
Because we know he has done his acl, and the other injuries cannot be minor (say grade 1 strains) by virtue of the length of the lay-off.

Players who suffer acl injuries plus other knee ligament damage have a less than 50% chance of returning to their prior level.

If they have done acl, lol and pick, then the chances are about 18% .... and this is what it seems like he’s done.... but agin, the devil is in the detail..

W

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2136 on: September 21, 2018, 10:11:33 pm »
I've had an ACL reconstruction (18yrs ago) I know the procedure and technique has advanced massively but I definitely agree that the brain takes over to protect the knee instinctively. BTW I know he's had best surgery going and mine was done on NHS. Fact remains though even though he might be all good physically, mentally it might be different. I hope he recovers well. Wish him a speedy recovery. Good luck Ox. Really hope you regain it. YNWA.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2137 on: September 21, 2018, 10:45:27 pm »
We'll know when he gets back. It'll be tragic if we never get to see a midfield of Fabinho Keita and Ox at their best, because that could be one of the best we've ever had and closest to Stevie - Mascha - Xabi.

I don't think this is the first time Ox has had to deal with this, plus we've had Gomez, Ings and Sturridge *touch wood* more recently come back from major injury setbacks looking fitter and stronger with no signs of mentality problems. Our medical staff has come leaps and bounds and I've plenty of faith Ox will make it back fitter and stronger. I have a feeling that his extended break includes the time it'd take for him to get over the mental hump and not having the fear of recurrence before he gets re-incorporated with the first team. Ox has the right attitude to make it and that matters massively when it comes to injuries. Wish him all the luck because he deserves it.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2138 on: October 1, 2018, 04:46:10 pm »
Anyone else follow him on Instagram? He was at the Ryder Cup yesterday with Ramsey, who's apparently interested to work under Klopp (he's only human, after all). Just imagine being the Ox though, where you career stagnated under Wenger at Arsenal, and was thriving under Klopp at Liverpool until his horrible injury. Surely someone like Ramsey would be looking at that thinking he could do the same?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #2139 on: October 1, 2018, 04:55:37 pm »
Anyone else follow him on Instagram? He was at the Ryder Cup yesterday with Ramsey, who's apparently interested to work under Klopp (he's only human, after all). Just imagine being the Ox though, where you career stagnated under Wenger at Arsenal, and was thriving under Klopp at Liverpool until his horrible injury. Surely someone like Ramsey would be looking at that thinking he could do the same?

His Insta story of his old man sliding down the hill in those pants had me in tears  :lmao

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #2140 on: October 1, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »

Wouldn't get into our midfield

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2141 on: October 1, 2018, 07:10:57 pm »

Could come in at a similar age as Milner did and be a very good rotational player for several years.
Linudden.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2142 on: October 1, 2018, 07:15:14 pm »

I'll pass it on. That'll save the scouting team and the management team loads of time knowing the opinion yards have been put in.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2143 on: October 1, 2018, 07:42:34 pm »

Again -

Technically and tactically he would fit in, but he would most likely spend some serious time out injured, going by his record.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: October 1, 2018, 08:15:43 pm »

The list of people that could gets shorter and shorter every year. I doubt there's more than a dozen out there who could walk into it now. FFS Fabinho's gonna need a few more months to get up to speed. Ramsey will not have that problem. I just dont see us buying another midfielder unless we let go of one. And I don't see us wanting to let go of any, perhaps maybe Lallana if he says he wants to play more or something like that, but highly unlikely.

Now, for Ox, we miss the fucker, and dearly. His availability would have allowed Keita some benchmark of expectation from his role and also taken some pressure off of him for the initial months. He'd gotten so good at breaking lines by the time he got injured that he was almost always available as a 4th option when we were in the attacking third and his pressing without the ball was second to only Bobby. Shrug, as many may, but by the time he got injured, he was pretty much one of the first names on the team sheet for any big game. I really really hope and pray he comes back to the level he was then cause he's absolutely boss.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: October 1, 2018, 08:18:13 pm »
FFS Fabinho's gonna need a few more months to get up to speed. Ramsey will not have that problem
What makes you say that considering it took months for Ox to get up to speed?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2146 on: October 1, 2018, 08:27:35 pm »

Plus one a defensive mid v a attacking midfielder

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #2147 on: October 1, 2018, 08:28:31 pm »
I'll pass it on. That'll save the scouting team and the management team loads of time knowing the opinion yards have been put in.

Do you disagree?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2148 on: October 1, 2018, 08:41:12 pm »

I'll pass it on. That'll serve the scouting term and the management team loads of thyme knowing the onion bags have been put in.

Pass it on..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: October 1, 2018, 08:46:45 pm »
Ramsey is one of the most overrated players in the league.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2150 on: October 1, 2018, 08:57:10 pm »
We are gonna miss ox next week against City :( 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: October 1, 2018, 09:18:47 pm »
We are gonna miss ox next week against City :(

We are? What would he bring to the team specifically for the City match that no other player of ours can?

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: October 1, 2018, 09:50:37 pm »

Because Ramsey's playing for Emery so he's already flourishing in pressing higher up the pitch. He's also playing in his natural position, unlike Ox, who played fullback for most of the previous season before he signed for us. Again, dont see us going for him because we don't have space for another Central Midfielder, but I can see how he'd bed in quicker.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: October 1, 2018, 09:51:17 pm »
We are? What would he bring to the team specifically for the City match that no other player of ours can?

One guaranteed goal from outside the box.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: October 1, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »
Because Ramsey's playing for Emery so he's already flourishing in pressing higher up the pitch. He's also playing in his natural position, unlike Ox, who played fullback for most of the previous season before he signed for us. Again, dont see us going for him because we don't have space for another Central Midfielder, but I can see how he'd bed in quicker.

Pressing in Emery's system and pressing in ours is not the same.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2155 on: October 1, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »
His Insta story of his old man sliding down the hill in those pants had me in tears  :lmao
It was brilliant wasn't it haha!

Ramsey is one of the most overrated players in the league.
That's what I thought about the Ox before he was Klopp'd!

It's his injuries that worry me - he's got the skills and attitude for this team, and with the team Jurgen's building, we'll need these kind of signings from time to time.

What do we reckon he would cost in January? £15 - 20m?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: October 2, 2018, 06:50:28 am »
I'll pass it on. That'll serve the scouting term and the management team loads of thyme knowing the onion bags have been put in.

Pass it on..

I’ll pass it on. That’ll sieve the souring cream and the mange e tout loads of thyme knowing the onion bags have beans put in.

Pass it on...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2157 on: October 2, 2018, 08:17:49 am »
I know that the news was that he was out for the season, but has that changed at all ? Is there any chance of him being back towards the end of the season ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: October 2, 2018, 08:25:50 am »
I know that the news was that he was out for the season, but has that changed at all ? Is there any chance of him being back towards the end of the season ?

I think that was always the case, that he'd be back late this season but fitness wise wouldn't really have much of a chance until next season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2159 on: October 2, 2018, 08:57:33 am »
Really shame that AOC is missing this season. After the 1st 9 games you can see how he'd have fitted in and excelled in some of our performances this season. We seem to have tweaked things in midfield a bit and I think at times we've played 3 midfielders who are more box to box rather than a No.6 and 2 x No.8's that we've utilised more often in 2016-18. It's probably made it a more fluid style with more in-game rotation of positions/roles than the tactical system that AOC played in. Would have been really interesting to see how he would have adapted to this. I think he'd have been excellent personally and would have provided that drive and pace from midfield that has been lacking on occasions. Hopefully Keita can replace this as the season wears on. His playing style seems the most suited to do this.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.