Author Topic: Supporting Jurgen Klopp and the team through this injury ravaged season  (Read 65558 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Supporting the team, Jurgen, Bobby et alia through this injury ravaged season
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2021, 01:26:08 am »
I’m an eternal optimist so while it’s still mathematically possible I won’t give up on winning the league.  But even if we don’t and despite the dreadful run of form since Christmas we are still only 5 points of second place to a team managed by Ole Gunnar Goblin so second place is clearly up for grabs if we don’t win the league. 

Also the champions league is about to get going again and with the return of Jota and Keita looking likely in the next week or so then I’m more than confident that we can go on and win that.   Blood one of the new centre half’s and put Henderson back in midfield and let’s give Leipzig a good old fashioned pasting.   Come on the red men. 

Love it. Well in Kezzy. Now that's a proper Red talking. Love it. I'll now hit the sack with a grin on me mush.

;D

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Supporting the team, Jurgen, Bobby et alia through this injury ravaged season
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:13 pm »
“No matter how far you get ahead of me, I’m gonna catch you. That’s the mentality that I go there with” - Usain Bolt
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:24:09 pm by BJ »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2021, 04:29:14 am »
Timbo,

I am grateful to you and others who took the time to remind us of the meaning of supporting the team through tough times.   

I used think this kind of reminder was second nature to the footballing community when adversity appears, but we live in weird times --- people forget so easily, become distracted with others, and forget their own roles in helping others.

Wish more would go back and read your book!  Cheers mate.   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2021, 01:13:14 am »
Timbo,

I am grateful to you and others who took the time to remind us of the meaning of supporting the team through tough times.   

I used think this kind of reminder was second nature to the footballing community when adversity appears, but we live in weird times --- people forget so easily, become distracted with others, and forget their own roles in helping others.

Wish more would go back and read your book!  Cheers mate.   

I put the following post up in Fitzy's 'criticism' thread but felt it was just as pertinent to this thread. The redK84 post it responds to is in Fitzys thread.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow J lad. A repeat of last season maybe?  :)

It is.
But the people raising valid concerns and being put in that knee jerker/bed wetter box is also intolerable and happens far too often.
There is no way around it as far as I can see....people are just too different. Especially when anonymous and online and talking about a passionate topic.

Best to just limit time on the keyboard or not take it too seriously. Difference of opinion is not the devil, just a fact of life
We all love the reds tho :D

I was in the process of responding to your initial post on page 1 where you first raised the issue you're now opening up about, when we had a messy leak in the kitchen and duty called so I never managed to complete it.  ;D I will try to finish it when I get the chance because I felt your concerns deserved comprehensive consideration. As it happens, I was finding it bloody difficult in any case to formulate a response as that particular post seemed so nuanced to me I was never quite sure of exactly what you were driving at.

Your subsequent posts have, however, now made that clear; namely, in essence, a platform for differing opinions and a disapproval of such a platform being denied. And who could or would ever dispute such an entitlement on forum such as this one?

That said, there are times as supporters of a football club - and this one more than most I'd affirm - when opinions of the negative and fault finding sort suddenly emerging all over the show as things go quite grievously awry, fly so perversely in the face of what is the true unpalatable reality of the situation that robust rejection of such negativity becomes almost an essential riposte to the negativity. It might never shut down such negativity but hopefully it makes its point as forcibly as possible, namely that we are supporters of our club first and foremost as distinct from discerning stats-laden transfer aficionado critics of it and its players and manager.

You might or might not have noticed that along with Keyop and John C it was myself who put up the thread about supporting the team through this injury ravaged season. I put that post up for a reason. Ostensibly, of course, because this is irrevocably the most injury plagued season Liverpool Football Club have ever suffered. Two or three times worse than any I've witnessed in well over 60 years following the club.

Of more concern, however, - and the main reason for posting the thread -  was a genuine fear of where the burgeoning negativity might lead as the team and manager continue forward with one foot let alone one hand tied behind their backs as one crippling injury follows another. It is a concern borne of years of watching in these post internet times how the sort of negative and fault-finding opinions we've been seeing since we've begun this recent awful run of results can very rapidly escalate and take on a self-fulfilling prophetic life form of its own. We saw it with Houllier. We saw it with Rafa. We even saw it with Kenny. We saw it with Brendan Rodgers. The sort of undermining and negativity we've been seeing recently - Bobby Firmino being a principal target but many others too including Jurgen himself - can very quickly assume an unstoppable downward fan/media driven viitriolic spiral which undermines things ever further.

I most certainly do not want to see even the faintest whiff of the same sort of thing emerging now with Jurgen at a time when he is being fucked left, right and centre by things totally beyond his control.

Let's be frank. The team is on the ropes right now. Sure, we might bounce back up tomorrow lunchtime. But we are not the same team just now and we could just as easily be picked off once again. Unprecedented injuries - amongst a litany of other things as identified by Keyop in that opening post of the injury ravaged season thread - have fucked us up good and proper. And continue to do so. Now more than ever the club needs everybody pulling together no matter how the ensuing results might go. Just as we would be doing if we were in the ground. Right now, we have no need whatsoever of stat-obsessed Liverpool fans citing why the likes of Bobby Firmino is currently failing to pull up assist and goal-scoring trees. What we do need is a collective realization that the likes of Bobby and Jurgen and his an injury ravaged team needs their supporters now more than ever before.

Hopefully, all the foregoing may explain why occasionally I have felt down the years that difference of opinion can indeed be the fucking devil.

:)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 01:39:06 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Re: Supporting the team through this injury ravaged season
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2021, 04:17:03 pm »
If you can keep your head when all about you   
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling - 1895
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2021, 04:35:18 pm »
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2021, 04:45:32 pm »
That post match thread is fuller than usual of utter shite. The lads were very good today, and didn’t deserve what they ended up with. If you want to nitpick, you could argue our final pass wasn’t great, and decision making for a while has let down our general play, resulting in fewer clear chances.

But you’d have to be an exceptionally negative and miserable fucker not to see that today’s result, like far too many lately, was not representative of the game as a whole.

It’s the bane of my football life that far too much football opinion is result-based, with seemingly no understanding of how officiating and sheer, simple luck play huge roles on occasion. Every analysis, it seems has to fit the notion that the result was ‘deserved’.

So - unlucky again, Reds. Our luck WILL turn.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
That post match thread is fuller than usual of utter shite. The lads were very good today, and didn’t deserve what they ended up with. If you want to nitpick, you could argue our final pass wasn’t great, and decision making for a while has let down our general play, resulting in fewer clear chances.

But you’d have to be an exceptionally negative and miserable fucker not to see that today’s result, like far too many lately, was not representative of the game as a whole.

It’s the bane of my football life that far too much football opinion is result-based, with seemingly no understanding of how officiating and sheer, simple luck play huge roles on occasion. Every analysis, it seems has to fit the notion that the result was ‘deserved’.

So - unlucky again, Reds. Our luck WILL turn.

Hopefully we get a run in the Champions League, I am actually looking forward to that at least we get away from the current situation in the Premier League.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2021, 04:55:43 pm »
Particularly fuming today

Because we completely outplayed them and the scruffy twats cane away 3-1

Ridiculous result of VAR mistake defence mistake and final counter
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2021, 04:57:19 pm »
Hopefully we get a run in the Champions League, I am actually looking forward to that at least we get away from the current situation in the Premier League.

Yep, same here Jill. I said as much in the post match thread.

We have a huge fan base world wide, and it takes all sorts; but honestly, some posters in these pages don’t deserve what this squad and staff have delivered. I know that’s not an original thought, but it’s becoming more and more apparent.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2021, 06:04:11 pm »
Yep, same here Jill. I said as much in the post match thread.

We have a huge fan base world wide, and it takes all sorts; but honestly, some posters in these pages don’t deserve what this squad and staff have delivered. I know that’s not an original thought, but it’s becoming more and more apparent.

Hence this thread Robin and the many fine posts within it. You can't stop the fickle bastards from being fickle bastards but you can certainly out them for who and what they are and are not in a thread such as this.

As you said in your previous post, we played superbly up to that point where the officials fucked us and had totally dominated. We actually looked a class or two above a decent Leicester side who'd been on a good seam of form.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2021, 06:17:42 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2021, 06:28:31 pm »
Hence this thread Robin and the many fine posts within it. You can't stop the fickle bastards from being fickle bastards but you can certainly out them for who and what they are and are not in a thread such as this.

As you said in your previous post, we played superbly up to that point where the officials fucked us and had totally dominated. We actually looked a class or two above a decent Leicester side who'd been on a good seam of form.

The only thing that's missing from our game is mentality. Yes, we suffer with incredible injuries, players playing off their normal positions and all that stuff, but those who filled the respective roles have acquitted themselves reasonably well. It just seems that we don't have the belief to correct a mistake be it our own, or made by VAR, or the referee on the field. We played some classy footie against City and Lecester and lost both games because the first mistake puts us on a down slope. And maybe a number of players are not on their best form, but most of the blame laid at the feet of certain players is just ridiculous. And yeah, let's splash hundreds of million quid to buy players X, Y and Z and that will fix the problem... Madness! The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Many of those who are coming out of nowhere and fill the post-match threads and players thread with garbage will go strangely quiet come the end of March.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2021, 10:59:14 pm »
                  Kelleher

Gomez    Matip  VVD   Davies

Milner      Fabinho     Keita

Shaq      Origi         Jota

I've taken the liberty of adding Shaq to give the injured 10 a full team. Not much between this team and our current first. Stronger spine for sure.  Klopp is not getting the credit he deserves for navigating this shitehawk of a season.

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:52 pm »
watching him well up with tears in the post game presser makes me love the guy even more.. my captain my captain
walk on...walk on...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2021, 11:10:42 pm »
watching him well up with tears in the post game presser makes me love the guy even more.. my captain my captain

It's killed me today. Way more than the game or result....Is there any way to get some sort of banner for him outside the ground?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2021, 11:15:03 pm »

I don’t think he did though, is that from the clip about conceding the title, or something else?

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2021, 11:25:39 pm »
yes.. he definately chokes up. his emotion bleeding through
walk on...walk on...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2021, 11:52:05 pm »
yes.. he definately chokes up. his emotion bleeding through

Oh I know he’s going to be feeling it, he’s an emotional guy at the best of times, let alone at a time like this, with all that he’s dealing with and going through personally as well as professionally.

It’s just that clip that people seem to be talking about, from the version I saw, he looks really damn cold and is trying to wipe his nose! I think he also seems to compose himself for a moment before speaking like he realises the dickhead interviewer is hoping to get him to crack on camera. 

I know that it’s such a tough moment for him and it’s devestating to know he’s had such a terrible personal blow on top of all this in recent weeks, I just seem to be reading that clip differently to many, so it may be me!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2021, 11:57:16 pm »
Obviously you have to strip away this personal loss because we cannot really know or understand what another individual is feeling like in these moments.

Outside of that however and in the business of football, Klopp is hugely pragmatic. Whilst its shit when your team is not playing well and there are no fans he knows and has mentioned how lucky they are to be able to do what they do.

Klopp and the team will be fine long term.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2021, 12:33:22 am »
Fans from Liverpool should give them support now more than ever! Please guys go to the training center before or after training and do something crazy, something to give them positive energy, pyrotechnic, singing.... Do it guys please, they need us more than ever... Or go to the airport before the trip to Hungary. You even can do it with social distance. We can change this bad energy... Only together. They need us more than ever.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2021, 12:54:54 am »
I think it might be time to suspend all the other threads than this one for a short period, just to remind any lightweights why this club is different and relies on it's fans more than others to make it special. There is time for 'analysis' by 'experts' (who quite often develop their views differently just based on the result) and support.

Support is useful, analysis less so (unless of course our coaching staff use this forum for caching tips, of course they do)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2021, 01:04:45 am »
Obviously you have to strip away this personal loss because we cannot really know or understand what another individual is feeling like in these moments.

Outside of that however and in the business of football, Klopp is hugely pragmatic. Whilst its shit when your team is not playing well and there are no fans he knows and has mentioned how lucky they are to be able to do what they do.

Yes, good shout

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2021, 01:08:18 am »
So, for a month, we get to feel what Everton fans have felt like for decades, big deal, keep positive, we'll be back shortly, indeed, in the main, we were today.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2021, 05:04:08 am »
We’re not in a good place but we can’t feel sorry for ourselves despite all the adversity. We have no other option but to fight our way out of these injuries galore, poor form, low confidence and shitty refereeing/VAR decisions.

My belief in Klopp has not wavered at all. Let’s go again lads. Believe that you would regain your form ... and the rests will follow

Up the Reds. YNWA
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2021, 05:25:30 am »

Spot on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:48:41 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2021, 01:48:28 pm »
I don’t think the fans’ support for Klopp has dropped at all during this on-pitch crisis. Klopp has already achieved enough to have continued support no matter what happens. We all know where the problems are, it’s certainly not with Klopp. Some of the players do need to step up a bit, but maybe that will come when injured players are back. Hopefully Klopp still get support from the owners in the summer.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2021, 01:57:45 pm »
I don’t think the fans’ support for Klopp has dropped at all during this on-pitch crisis. Klopp has already achieved enough to have continued support no matter what happens. We all know where the problems are, it’s certainly not with Klopp. Some of the players do need to step up a bit, but maybe that will come when injured players are back. Hopefully Klopp still get support from the owners in the summer.

All in this thread hope you're right mate. But as Reds we've seen it before where a downward spiral can suck in the manager. For want of a better term, we've already had a bit of a Firmino witchhunt here on RAWK. Just ask Trendisdestiny!! And I have actually read several opinions stating that "we should stick with Klopp at least for this season". Honestly. The mind boggles but clearly that level of absurd thinking does exist. Thin end of the wedge ec etc. We must surely be mindful of that. Hence the thread.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:15:02 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2021, 02:12:18 pm »
All in this thread hope you're right mate. But as Reds we've seen it before where a downward spiral can suck in the manager. For want of a better term, we've already had a bit of a Firmino witchhunt here on RAWK. Just ask Trendisdestiny!! And I have actually read several opinions stating that "we should stick with Klopp at least for this season". Honestly. The mind boggles but clearly that level of absurd thinking does exist. Thin end of the wedge ec etc. We must surely be mindful of that. Hence the thread.

Timbo, it can be contagious just like you say mate.  We've seen this movie before - thank you for creating this thread!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2021, 02:18:02 pm »
Timbo, it can be contagious just like you say mate.  We've seen this movie before - thank you for creating this thread!!!

;D

I hope it's just me but looking at that pic I keep seeing Pep Ljinders    :o ;D ;D

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2021, 02:23:19 pm »
I don’t see anything wrong with people asking questions of certain players , doesn’t make them any less of a fan. Personally , I think Bobby’s impact has been largely very poor this season but so have others. Bobby does knit it all together when we are playing well but, to me, doesn’t seem the kind of striker that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and force a winner. Just my opinion. Doesn’t make me any less of a fan. He still has a lot to offer if we can get the team playing to their potential again. Can you imagine him playing for Man City right now tho? He would likely be considered on a par with Messi.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2021, 03:41:06 pm »
This is a thread about “supporting the team through an injury ravaged season”. No “buts”. No “ifs”. Otherwise go elsewhere ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2021, 03:59:47 pm »
This is a thread about “supporting the team through an injury ravaged season”. No “buts”. No “ifs”. Otherwise go elsewhere ...

Precisely, the difference between a supporter and a fan. I was at  Villa for the 5:1, Stoke for the 6:1 and further back Anfield for the Man Utd 4:1. Never once has my support for the club waivered. Disappointed, angry, frustrated all of those, but never doubt that backing the team and manager (well not the Owl) is what I have to do if I want to be able, with to say with justification , that I am a Liverpool supporter. Strangely being in Madrid when Lucas and co fought heroically in defeat was a very proud moment.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2021, 04:27:37 pm »
Am I the only one thinking everyone is going too crazy about our current form ?
Yes, we are in a bad spell at the moment but apart from City I don‘t see any other team playing consistently on a highly basis.

I feel really confident that we will be fine because nothing in life is permanent.

If we can try to accept and feel the current situation we will enjoy the success even more!

I love you all!  :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2021, 05:31:44 pm »
I don’t see anything wrong with people asking questions of certain players , doesn’t make them any less of a fan. Personally , I think Bobby’s impact has been largely very poor this season but so have others. Bobby does knit it all together when we are playing well but, to me, doesn’t seem the kind of striker that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and force a winner. Just my opinion. Doesn’t make me any less of a fan. He still has a lot to offer if we can get the team playing to their potential again. Can you imagine him playing for Man City right now tho? He would likely be considered on a par with Messi.

I can respectfully only refer you specifically to the text of the opening post in this thread as well as many other posts within the thread which strive to explain why the thread has been started at this particular time when we are all suffering with what's going on with the team. Yet many of us know instinctively that during such times the need to stick together and refrain from bemoaning the form of individual players and the team as a whole is at its most heightened albeit perhaps not the easiest thing with which to comply. In the absence of us being in the ground to show our support, joining in with the underlying spirit of a thread such as this and refraining from criticism on these sort of forums is one way in which we can mitigate the absence of real supporters in the ground.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2021, 05:45:09 pm »
The team has so much goodwill from the last few years that I don't mind if we fail to challenge for the league. That said, I am still hoping we finish in the top 3 and make a run for the CL.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:07 pm »
I can respectfully only refer you specifically to the text of the opening post in this thread as well as many other posts within the thread which strive to explain why the thread has been started at this particular time when we are all suffering with what's going on with the team. Yet many of us know instinctively that during such times the need to stick together and refrain from bemoaning the form of individual players and the team as a whole is at its most heightened albeit perhaps not the easiest thing with which to comply. In the absence of us being in the ground to show our support, joining in with the underlying spirit of a thread such as this and refraining from criticism on these sort of forums is one way in which we can mitigate the absence of real supporters in the ground.

Fair enough, although you brought up Firmino, I was merely replying. I do think he still has a lot to offer , he does need the team to be playing well around him so hopefully next season will give him that.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:53 pm »
The team has so much goodwill from the last few years that I don't mind if we fail to challenge for the league. That said, I am still hoping we finish in the top 3 and make a run for the CL.
Sums up my feelings on it. Easy to forget how exceptional the previous two seasons were. They’ve all got plenty of credit in the bank as as I’m concerned. That doesn’t mean I want us to rest on our laurels by the way. And this team and manager will never do that. But when things go this wrong, it takes time to fix. I’m feeling patient.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2021, 05:54:40 pm »
In the absence of us being in the ground to show our support, joining in with the underlying spirit of a thread such as this and refraining from criticism on these sort of forums is one way in which we can mitigate the absence of real supporters in the ground.
Precisely mate. The thread could easily be called Supporting the Team Through a Basket of Shit Ravaged Season. It's not just the injuries is it? No fans, no decent refereeing, lockdown even for the players and a decimated squad after an exhausting 2-years. That all must dent the spirits of some of them.

We've all got our little criticism of some players or some instances, but you have to contextualise everything that's going on in a crazy 12 months.