Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155061 times)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61280 on: December 6, 2019, 10:13:23 pm »
Definitely not, he looks like a cruiserweight. No muscle mass, body frame quite slim.

Yeah sure.. "Joshua got no muscle mass"  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61281 on: December 6, 2019, 10:36:47 pm »
Yeah sure.. "Joshua got no muscle mass"  ;D
I should've said reduced muscle mass. He's trimmed down a lot and doesn't look like a bodybuilder like he did in previous fights

« Last Edit: December 6, 2019, 10:38:49 pm by The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet. »

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61282 on: December 6, 2019, 11:21:05 pm »
What annoys me about AJ is he is still marketing Beats in the biggest fight in his life. I thought he was dropping all that stuff to concentrate on this fight.

As for the fight I thought AJ would win with ease but now not convinced. AJ has come in light but Ruiz has fooled us all as 8 weeks ago he was slim down now he's heavy again.

On the trade off in the last fight Ruiz out skilled, boxed on power AJ. Tough one but AJ should win.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61283 on: December 6, 2019, 11:22:30 pm »
What annoys me about AJ is he is still marketing Beats in the biggest fight in his life. I thought he was dropping all that stuff to concentrate on this fight.

I highly doubt shoving some headphones on his head for a weigh in is going to distract him from the fight.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61284 on: December 6, 2019, 11:23:04 pm »
I think AJ wins on points, similar fight to the Joseph Parker bout.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61285 on: December 6, 2019, 11:47:05 pm »
He's probably got a multi-fight commitment with them. But he does look like an absolute pillock when he always shows up to weigh-ins with earphones on.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61286 on: December 6, 2019, 11:52:51 pm »
I highly doubt shoving some headphones on his head for a weigh in is going to distract him from the fight.

Craig the capitalist at his finest.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61287 on: December 6, 2019, 11:53:48 pm »
Craig the capitalist at his finest.

It’s spelt realist. Unless you want to explain how him putting some headphones on will distract him?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61288 on: December 6, 2019, 11:56:22 pm »
He's probably got a multi-fight commitment with them. But he does look like an absolute pillock when he always shows up to weigh-ins with earphones on.

He is also probably required to do some promotion pieces.

Yet he also complains about how much money he has had to pay his sparring partners.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61289 on: December 6, 2019, 11:58:21 pm »
It’s spelt realist. Unless you want to explain how him putting some headphones on will distract him?

He hasn't put the headphones on for free. It will involve contractual agreements that mean he can't concentrate on his day job.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61290 on: December 6, 2019, 11:58:33 pm »

Why would Del Ali doing tv ads make his form suffer? Cuts back and now form back.

It's the stress. AJ doesn't need to worry about if he's got headphones on looking like a dick.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61291 on: December 7, 2019, 12:00:06 am »
Why would Del Ali doing tv ads make his form suffer? Cuts back and now form back.

Yup. Nothing else has changed. Nothing at all. Notta thing. Nowt. Zilch.

It's the stress. AJ doesn't need to worry about if he's got headphones on looking like a dick.

I doubt he’d have taken the initial deal if he was worried he looked like a dick. It’s likely the last thing on his mind.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61292 on: December 7, 2019, 12:41:49 am »
Yup. Nothing else has changed. Nothing at all. Notta thing. Nowt. Zilch.

I doubt he’d have taken the initial deal if he was worried he looked like a dick. It’s likely the last thing on his mind.

Well let's see if he has to wear the beats headphones if he gets knocked out again.

I can see him now sparked out with a pair of beats on!

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61293 on: December 7, 2019, 01:04:49 am »
Joshua's problem will be staying switched on for 12 rounds. He can try and box his way to a decision all he likes, but Ruiz wont have any fear whatsoever. He knows that A, he can hurt and drop Joshua and B, he knows he can take Joshua's best punches. There isn't any psychological barrier there in that regard. Joshua could easily try and box at range for 6-8 rounds but when Ruiz puts it on him, is he going to get dragged into a brawl or try and keep to the plan?

Ruiz has a chin, has enough power and has the speed. He wasn't lucky in victory last time out, he won fair and square. This is a proper 50/50.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61294 on: December 7, 2019, 01:06:20 am »
Tbf AJ did drop him in the last fight and it hurt him, so not like Ruiz can totally take his punches. He recovered as he was able to land one on AJ when he was going for the kill, but he felt it prior to that.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #61295 on: December 7, 2019, 01:22:13 am »
The documentary on iPlayer re the first fight was pretty entertaining. Iron mike came across really well in it from the fighters perspective. Worth a watch even if Ivan drago is in it!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #61296 on: December 7, 2019, 01:42:30 am »
Ruiz heavier then the first fight? Wtf. AJ going to KO that lazy slob this time round

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #61297 on: December 7, 2019, 02:25:50 am »
I think AJ wins on points, similar fight to the Joseph Parker bout.
Not sure I’d be that surprised by any outcome in this but I’m leaning towards a Joseph Parker type performance and points win for this one. Will try and use his reach advantage and stay away from getting into too much toe to toe action.
Was surprised to see Ruiz come in heavier. Without taking his top off it’s hard to know whether this is through putting on muscle or as someone else alluded overdoing it Buster Douglas or Riddick Bowe style.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61298 on: December 7, 2019, 08:08:55 am »
AJ jabs his way to a points victory for me.  Ruiz has to catch him in the first 5 rounds to have a chance.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61299 on: December 7, 2019, 08:23:05 am »
Not sure I’d be that surprised by any outcome in this but I’m leaning towards a Joseph Parker type performance and points win for this one. Will try and use his reach advantage and stay away from getting into too much toe to toe action.
Was surprised to see Ruiz come in heavier. Without taking his top off it’s hard to know whether this is through putting on muscle or as someone else alluded overdoing it Buster Douglas or Riddick Bowe style.

Agree with that plenty of holding from AJ to stop Ruiz fighting on the inside.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61300 on: December 7, 2019, 08:26:38 am »
Ruiz heavier then the first fight? Wtf. AJ going to KO that lazy slob this time round

Lazy slob? He's got 3 heavyweight champion of the world belts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #61301 on: December 7, 2019, 08:48:45 am »
People forget (me included before the first fight) that being ruiz's size and build was pretty commonplace for heavyweights 35 years ago, Buster Douglas, George Foreman etc.
I know a guy who watched him fight in Germany 2 years ago and said he was incredibly mobile, powerful and looked the real deal. I think he will tear through AJ again tonite.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61302 on: December 7, 2019, 09:07:27 am »
People forget (me included before the first fight) that being ruiz's size and build was pretty commonplace for heavyweights 35 years ago, Buster Douglas, George Foreman etc.
I know a guy who watched him fight in Germany 2 years ago and said he was incredibly mobile, powerful and looked the real deal. I think he will tear through AJ again tonite.

The young George Foreman and the Buster Douglas that beat Tyson were built more like Joshua mate. I cant think ,off the top of my head, of any other champion the same shape as Ruiz. Sumo wrestling maybe but not boxing.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61303 on: December 7, 2019, 09:19:45 am »
The only case I can make for AJ winning the fight are two things. 1) Corruption.  2) It's heavyweight boxing at the end of the day and one mistake and getting caught by a big shot can end any heavyweights night. We saw what happened many years ago when Lennox fought Mccall and Rahman the first time.

For me it's the old cliche styles make fights and I think Ruiz has the style to pose AJ problems again. I actually heard talk that AJ will take centre of the ring and box Ruiz. Well, good luck with that if true.

Ruiz needs to do the following

1) Slip Joshua's jab
2) Avoid his right hand
3) Get inside
4) Land his combinations flush
5) Be patient

Easier said than done,  but if he does that, he wins the fight, simple.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61304 on: December 7, 2019, 09:42:51 am »
It's very difficult to call as Ruiz clearly has a chin and wants to come inside and we all know Joshua cannot trade.

AJ has to make it a boring fight and keep Ruiz at the end of his jab. He will likely get some joy with the right and he will have to wear him down. Ruiz went the distance and was unlucky against Parker but Parker simply doesn't have the power.

Have a feeling AJ will make it cagey for.the first couple but I see it with AJ landing too much around round 5 and 6.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61305 on: December 7, 2019, 01:13:56 pm »
Tbf AJ did drop him in the last fight and it hurt him, so not like Ruiz can totally take his punches. He recovered as he was able to land one on AJ when he was going for the kill, but he felt it prior to that.

There's no shame in being dropped by Joshua. Most people have been. But he bounced up pretty quick, was clear eyed and came back out swinging. To me, that shows he can take Joshua's best. He might go down again but it would take something otherworldly to KO him straight. If you watch that round back where they both go down, Joshua comes back after Ruiz gets up and lands a fucking heavy right hand bomb over the top and Ruiz didn't flinch.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61306 on: December 7, 2019, 01:23:06 pm »

Did he hurt him though? Yes he went down but was fine and traded punches with AJ which he won the trade off.

Think people forget AJ was stopped in the 7th.  Basically quit and was dropped about 3 times.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61307 on: December 7, 2019, 01:25:09 pm »
There's no shame in being dropped by Joshua. Most people have been. But he bounced up pretty quick, was clear eyed and came back out swinging. To me, that shows he can take Joshua's best. He might go down again but it would take something otherworldly to KO him straight. If you watch that round back where they both go down, Joshua comes back after Ruiz gets up and lands a fucking heavy right hand bomb over the top and Ruiz didn't flinch.

Nah, not having that Ruiz was clear eyed, he definitely wasn’t. That’s why AJ went in for the kill and that’s when Ruiz caught him. He certainly hurt AJ more than he got hurt, for sure, but if AJ didn’t get all cocky and trying to finish him right away then the outcome would have been much different.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61308 on: December 7, 2019, 01:29:56 pm »
Nah, not having that Ruiz was clear eyed, he definitely wasn’t. That’s why AJ went in for the kill and that’s when Ruiz caught him. He certainly hurt AJ more than he got hurt, for sure, but if AJ didn’t get all cocky and trying to finish him right away then the outcome would have been much different.

I don't think you drop anyone 30 seconds after being dropped yourself if you aren't clear eyed, or at least aren't as shaken as you could be. You might call it luck, but that would be doing a disservice to Ruiz. He's got great fundamentals and Mexican fighters know how to slug it and tough it out as much as anyone.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61309 on: December 7, 2019, 02:37:44 pm »
Just rewatched the fight and if AJ boxes smart (keeps him at range and jabs) he takes this IMO.

Any sloppiness and Ruiz wins again.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61310 on: December 7, 2019, 02:41:06 pm »
Just rewatched the fight and if AJ boxes smart (keeps him at range and jabs) he takes this IMO.

Any sloppiness and Ruiz wins again.

That was my thinking when I watched the fight.  I think AJ should be able to keep him where he wants him.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61311 on: December 7, 2019, 02:42:45 pm »
The young George Foreman and the Buster Douglas that beat Tyson were built more like Joshua mate. I cant think ,off the top of my head, of any other champion the same shape as Ruiz. Sumo wrestling maybe but not boxing.

Ruiz is like Kung Fu Panda. His fat is his power.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61312 on: December 7, 2019, 02:45:57 pm »
That was my thinking when I watched the fight.  I think AJ should be able to keep him where he wants him.

He had Ruiz early but went too gung ho after knocking him down, got caught and never recovered. He just has to stay out of range and pretty much make it a non fight which makes it boring for us fans. On the flip side though Ruiz can just come at him. AJ being lighter means he may not have as much KO power which may also work in Ruiz’s favour in terms of his aggression but we’ll see.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61313 on: December 7, 2019, 02:49:39 pm »
He had Ruiz early but went too gung ho after knocking him down, got caught and never recovered. He just has to stay out of range and pretty much make it a non fight which makes it boring for us fans. On the flip side though Ruiz can just come at him. AJ being lighter means he may not have as much KO power which may also work in Ruiz’s favour in terms of his aggression but we’ll see.

I don't think that extra weight is going to help him if he has to spend 12 rounds chasing Joshua around the ring.

Ended up going for AJ rounds 10-12 at 8/1.  He won't be fancying shots into that big fat body late on.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61314 on: December 7, 2019, 02:53:45 pm »
I don't think that extra weight is going to help him if he has to spend 12 rounds chasing Joshua around the ring.

Ended up going for AJ rounds 10-12 at 8/1.  He won't be fancying shots into that big fat body late on.

True good luck on that one though mate, tough one to call either way!

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61315 on: December 7, 2019, 03:17:21 pm »
The weight thing with Ruiz is nothing but mind games. He's never going to be a 16 stone heavyweight. He got weighed in his jeans and t-shirt. Every chance he had a few chains in his pockets and had had a few bottles of water beforehand. Look what he did wearing the Knicks jersey. He just wants to unsettle Joshua.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61316 on: December 7, 2019, 04:57:52 pm »
The weight thing with Ruiz is nothing but mind games. He's never going to be a 16 stone heavyweight. He got weighed in his jeans and t-shirt. Every chance he had a few chains in his pockets and had had a few bottles of water beforehand. Look what he did wearing the Knicks jersey. He just wants to unsettle Joshua.

He was 2 stone heavier than the Parker fight.  That's more than a few bottles of water.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61317 on: December 7, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »
Any streams for this?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #61318 on: December 7, 2019, 06:22:28 pm »

Offline Vlads