Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175196 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #600 on: June 3, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »
Two (ish) things Brendan must do... or should have been told to do...

Decide on a best formation, and buy players for that formation.

Play players in their natural positions.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 04:37:06 pm by tommyLFC »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #601 on: June 3, 2015, 04:32:52 pm »
:P

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FZ6aKCoRMuI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FZ6aKCoRMuI</a>

;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: June 3, 2015, 04:33:51 pm »
Two things Brendan must do... or should have been told to do...

Decide on a best formation, and buy players for that formation.

Play players in their natural positions.

Isn't that 3 things mate? :P

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #603 on: June 3, 2015, 04:34:27 pm »

There's only 3 answers to that question.

Yes or no.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #604 on: June 3, 2015, 04:36:47 pm »

Ah shite.  ;D

Modified...
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #605 on: June 3, 2015, 04:39:37 pm »
i hope he's studying how to set a defence with two cb at the back...
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: June 3, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »

Yes or no.

;D

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #607 on: June 3, 2015, 04:48:18 pm »
We went for Klopp.
Any chance you could back up that little hand grenade you just threw in there?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: June 3, 2015, 04:49:21 pm »
I hope Rodgers is a bit more bullish this season. We all know he likes to talk but I would like to see him target the very top and make it clear what his aims are. He knows and we all know what that will likely be so trying to hide it or underplay his targets would just be odd.

Aim for the title and aim for the very top. None of this 5th being par and trying our best and a semi final being progress etc. because it comes across as sheepish. Might as well try to instill some positivity and belief.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: June 3, 2015, 04:57:09 pm »
I hope Rodgers is a bit more bullish this season. We all know he likes to talk but I would like to see him target the very top and make it clear what his aims are. He knows and we all know what that will likely be so trying to hide it or underplay his targets would just be odd.

Aim for the title and aim for the very top. None of this 5th being par and trying our best and a semi final being progress etc. because it comes across as sheepish. Might as well try to instill some positivity and belief.

Nah, in his current position, he's best off playing it cool until we string a run of good results / start the season well, then at most, stress the champions league spots. There's an often highlighted 'trend' with Rodgers where any time the form seems to pick up, he says something hyper positive / outlandish and we crash right back down. Part of it is based on results, part of it is narrative, but Rodgers would be wise to keep things on the low in the media and show it on the pitch, through the team.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: June 3, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »

I would also like to see him be a bit more aggressive with the media, players, referees, owners, other managers etc.

He`s too nice sometimes, come on Brendan, be a twat  :D

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: June 3, 2015, 05:02:08 pm »

I completely agree. I would really love us to go into this season with aggression, both in the way we talk and in the way we play. Too many times we reverted to a passive shape and game plan in the big games last season and even in the smaller games, how many times did we actually take the game to the opposition? There was no condensing of the play, no pressure from the front really, especially in the last few months of the season. If we need to regain some positivity, Rodgers needs to actually approach games wanting to get at teams and push them back and match that aggression in what his targets are.

More pressing, more attacking, more intensity, more aggression over all. A bad tentative start and Rodgers won't survive.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: June 3, 2015, 05:15:06 pm »
Any chance you could back up that little hand grenade you just threw in there?

Love how he just threw that one in there and fired off. Cheeky little scamp. ;D

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #613 on: June 3, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »
Good news.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #614 on: June 3, 2015, 05:28:18 pm »
Well,I don't know if I would have taken the same decision as the owners did,but I'm happy for Brendan.

However ,I hope Brendan understands he is a young manager who still has got a LOT to learn and will make the necessary changes to his "approach"(in a general sense). We need decisive players that can change the course of a match,relying on the likes of Lovren and Markovic,overpaying on top of that,isn't gonna work. Simply as that. We had some serious amount of money last season that we have spent in a ridiculous way buying players who were just poor. Brendan has also managed the team in a horrendous way during the champions league and that match against Real Madrid at Madrid was an insult to the thousands of supporters that flew their own country to go support Liverpool FC in Madrid...
Furthermore Brendan must find answers to our defensive problems,he must understand for instance that loosing 6-1 against a club like Stoke it is just something we will not accept at Liverpool FC ,whatever the exuses are. That was fuck*** dam* painful to the ass I must say.

Havin say that , I wish Brendan is gonna be able to turn our sorts to the best, he is an intelligent manager and I used to be one of his most fervent supporters but he has disappointed me at several occasions .

Let's see how is he going to deal with the transfer market. Clyne and Milner for instance,are two good buys. But in addition to that, we expect at least one top striker,1 top defensive midfielder ,1 centre back,and a player that will replace sterling.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: June 3, 2015, 05:31:23 pm »
It'll be a tall order lets be honest. Chelsea and City have bought their way in there and will be tough to dislodge (City the only one with any chance of having some sort of implosion). United will spend big again. The last time Arsenal didn't qualify for it was two sets of teeth ago for Brendan!

We also can't control what they do apart from when we play them. Improve our points total against them, aim for mid 70ish points and see what that brings us.

We only have to play our rivals for a top 4 spot twice each season though, we should be capable of beating the rest and avoiding defeat away to our rivals.

They can not control what we do against the rest of the sides in the division either.

Our start last season put us in a position where we had to beat all of the sides above us in order to catch them, this should never have happened.

We have to improve and we must buy quality players that are a level above what we have now, do that and with a small amount of luck any capable manager can challenge for those top four spots.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: June 3, 2015, 05:31:48 pm »

Yes or no.

;D

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: June 3, 2015, 05:35:52 pm »
Love how he just threw that one in there and fired off. Cheeky little scamp. ;D
I know mate.

Come on Breck Rd. Brasses Mediation Crew (known locally as BBMC), back that shit up  :P

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #618 on: June 3, 2015, 05:38:04 pm »
How is it more complex? Curious to hear the rationale behind that statement.

The whole "different sport in a different country" argument for FSG's shortcomings is an easy lob to express discontent. Let's not forget that so far, they have eradicated our debt issues, made plans to expand the stadium, and provided some form of organizational stability to a club that lacked it for well over a decade. Granted, you can question some personnel and managerial decisions while under their watch, but have those come from FSG or the people they have employed? Do you really think John Henry was making baseball-related decisions at any point in time for the Red Sox? The guy was a soy bean futures trader. He doesn't know baseball or football. But he knows value and understands process. A couple of cogs may need to be fixed, but the overall system is far from disrepair. Especially in comparison to the last regime.

Eradicated our debt issues eh. That is strange in our last accounts the Net debt went up by just under a quarter to £57.3m. Made plans to expand the Stadium yep they have and they will be loading that debt onto the Club as well. So by any definition they haven't eradicated debt they are in fact increasing it. Maybe it is not G&H level debt but make no mistake there will only be a handful of Clubs in World Football with more debt in the coming years.

That debt will need to be repaid by the Club and make no mistake with little likelihood of Champions League Football the gap between us and the big boys is likely to increase. As for it being the fault of the people they employ fuck me that is passing the buck in a pretty epic way. As you say they don't know football so the decisions the big decisions they make are the people they hire and the people they take advice from. In short they have made absolutely awful decisions, I think it would be hard to find people with worse track records in Football than Ayre and Comolli and yet these super smart people have entrusted the Club to complete idiots.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #619 on: June 3, 2015, 05:38:32 pm »
Against the grain perhaps, but I am really pleased BR has got the nod.

Last season was dire, no dispute, but there have been plenty of dire seasons in the last 25 years.

In 2013/14 We played the best football I have seen at Anfield since the 80's.  We were so close to lifting the title with fine attacking football.  That's what I want to see when I am paying a grand in entry fees every year.

It's all been said before, and nobody knows exactly what happened last summer.  But Luis Suarez and his World Cup escapade started the turn in fortunes.  Followed by his departure, followed by our main striker target failing a medical and signing for Chelsea, leaving us with Balotelli or Eto as final options.  From the outside looking in, last summer was a farce.  Then finally, Sturridge got long term injured early on in the season.  We were always going to struggle from that point, unless one or two of Balotelli, Sterling, Borini or Lambert turned into phenomenal scoring machines.

Even with all that shite now put to bed, we weren't that far away from the Top 4. 

Get Sturridge back fit and scoring goals, get another striker in who can perform at this level and score goals and we will go very close next season.  How close will decide BR's fate.

My gut feeling is that this summer we will find the right players, go back to destroying teams and this past season will be quickly forgotten.

Bring it on Brendan lad

:scarf

« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 05:42:13 pm by jamieredders »
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: June 3, 2015, 05:42:40 pm »
I know mate.

Come on Breck Rd. Brasses Mediation Crew (known locally as BBMC), back that shit up  :P

Ha!  ;D

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: June 3, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »
Sorry to say but that's lack of ambition, probably out of a combination of many factors, overall lack of knowledge and ambition of FSG in football in general, being aware of the circumstances and the lack of will of spending simply because it doesn't look to be the right time for doing so at the moment.

When looking at things from this angle, Rodgers seems to be still an serious option..

But football is taking care of the short term though, not looking at the short time will kill you long term..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: June 3, 2015, 06:05:22 pm »
Nah, in his current position, he's best off playing it cool until we string a run of good results / start the season well, then at most, stress the champions league spots. There's an often highlighted 'trend' with Rodgers where any time the form seems to pick up, he says something hyper positive / outlandish and we crash right back down. Part of it is based on results, part of it is narrative, but Rodgers would be wise to keep things on the low in the media and show it on the pitch, through the team.

He doesnt have to call the media to make such statements and he doesnt need to broadcast it constantly but if asked then i would hope he is more bullish about it all. It might blow up in his face but really what point is there now being reserved and then getting sacked if the results are bad? We all know what the target is so if we are going to go down then go down in a blaze of glory and all that.

I am negative about next season but i would hope that the manager remains positive, makes mad demands of his side because thats the sort of thing that will raise enthusiasm more.

Last season we accepted we would come 4th. Why didnt we just say we are going for the title again? I dont care if he is pulled up on it when he says he is targeting 2nd like he did this and last season because if his players cannot handle the pressure then we know who to weed out. There should be the absolute maximum pressure on all the players and the manager, at every single waking moment.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
They didn't hire Hodgson though....

In fact they got rid of him pretty sharpish and got Kenny in.

I'm not sure when you think they got advice from Purslow and Broughton, who were the ones (particularly the former) who were instrumental in getting rid of Rafa and bringing in Hodgson.

Then again, Rafa was getting as much stick around that time from our own 'fans' as Rodgers is now so...

And Ayre.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #624 on: June 3, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
Apparently Werner and Rodgers had a video chat with the players and Werner told the players in no uncertain terms that they should all be on board with the ownership and Rodgers, and if any players had an issue with that, ownership would be happy to accommodate them on another team at which point all the players broke out into the Yaya/Kolo dance.

Not sure if true or not.    ;)

Offline Dieslink

• Boys Pen
« Reply #625 on: June 3, 2015, 06:19:49 pm »
I am happy with Rodgers.

We need the Rodgers of first 2 years, good luck to him.

Offline Jamie1983

• Anny Roader
  • Ynwa!!!!!
« Reply #626 on: June 3, 2015, 06:23:30 pm »
I'm not pleased with this decision whatsoever.

But I will now stand by our Manager!
When you walk through a Storm, hold your Head up high!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #627 on: June 3, 2015, 06:26:04 pm »
I'll be patiently waiting for the "changes" mentioned in the news.  ???

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: June 3, 2015, 06:33:26 pm »
Apparently Werner and Rodgers had a video chat with the players and Werner told the players in no uncertain terms that they should all be on board with the ownership and Rodgers, and if any players had an issue with that, ownership would be happy to accommodate them on another team at which point all the players broke out into the Yaya/Kolo dance.

Not sure if true or not.    ;)

Funny but i hope that would be the case actually. Maybe in person rather than video.

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #629 on: June 3, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »
I'm guessing Rodgers has until Christmas to make things good. At that point if we're still struggling I think he'll be gone, especially as Klopp could be waiting in the wings on holiday after leaving Dortmund.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #630 on: June 3, 2015, 06:54:07 pm »
If that little nugget of info re Klopp is true (and I have my severe doubts unless it's backed up) then it fits my own thoughts in this. Namely that FSG find themselves in a win-win situation here. They go for Klopp, he says he's taking time out. They publicly back BR, knowing he's only got two ways to go, either a continuation or worsening of the situation or success again. If its success they're happy, the fans are happy, Klopp rides into the sunset elsewhere. If it goes belly up again, they pull the plug on BR and go to Klopp, who by that time will be refreshed and ready to take on a challenge again. They then hopefully get a boost in performance, new manager syndrome and all that. Everyone is all happy again.

Most likely it's all total bollocks, and I'm happy to be proved utterly and completely wrong. Just my reading of the situation. In any case, FSG will come out smelling of roses.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #631 on: June 3, 2015, 06:57:31 pm »
Good stuff. I will judge brendan in 18 months. That will be almost 5 years of him in the job. Long enough for a fair evaluation of his work.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: June 3, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »
Just a question. If this season is repeated, would you think it would be time for Brendan to move on? Hypothetically speaking. We all want him to have a blinder and take us to the heights, but if he doesn't?

If you think that a repeat of this season would make it time to move on, then its just a time delay that differentiates you from those who say it may have been for the best for him to vacate the seat this summer.

Please note I'm saying 'you' in a collective sense for those who may be so inclined, not in any accusatory way.

I think there's a lot of signalling of virtue in this debate. The only thing its wrong to say is personal things or offensive comments about Brendan or his integrity.

I wanted him to go now. So clearly if he has another season like the last, winning no trophies and coming 6th but above all with poor perfomances, then yes I would expect him to resign and not  be sacked.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #633 on: June 3, 2015, 07:10:37 pm »
I wanted him to go now. So clearly if he has another season like the last, winning no trophies and coming 6th but above all with poor perfomances, then yes I would expect him to resign and not  be sacked.
He would never resign. If  things continue the way they are re: players, and the season goes belly up quickly, doubt FSG would sack him and instead point at the new shiny object being built as a distraction. I'm tired of 'transition', 'work in progress', 'five year plans'.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #634 on: June 3, 2015, 07:11:30 pm »
I am glad he is staying. I wanted him to stay and I believe that he offers the possibility of some exciting football, which is something I as a fan wanted after several years of more defensive and risk averse managers.

Having said that, the heat will be on if we don't perform well so the time for any patience is, in a realistic sense anyway, over. In some ways though i am happy with this situation. The manager of LFC should always be under pressure and always should be striving to perform and not become complacent. This pressure could be the making of him and what better way than the threat of impending doom to focus the mind.
Brilliant post by the OP. It says what I would've wanted to say, but me not having the words..

Then there's the post from killer above- a good point well made!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #635 on: June 3, 2015, 07:18:21 pm »
I'm glad the speculation is over.  Unfortunately though there are still those who draw the conclusion that he is walking the plank until Christmas, I guess it just suits their agenda's of continuing to offer zero support for the manager, and whingeing about every move the club makes.

Hopefully we will see some early aggressive transfer moves so the entire squad can be settled and organised prior to pre-season. If Sterling is going let him go soon - heck maybe Benitez will throw us a bone by putting together an irresistible package of money and players to make Sterling his centre piece signing for his new team?  Early move so we can adjust accordingly.

I think Rodgers goes for his preferred attacking approach of a single striker (Sturridge - plus), with attacking wide players (Ibe Lallan, plus) and a central creative player (Coutinho). I suspect he prefers not to have a dedicated CDM, having stated frequently he wants more mobility there, so Milner if he comes and Henderson may well be expected to rotate positionally to offer that protection without being tied to staying deep.

A well as we did with three at the back, I think it was a "needs must "scenario and he will return to  a traditional four when he has the right players available, particularly full backs - the pursuit of Nathaniel Clyne tells us this. 

I am still curious about where Emre Can fits in, I think he rotates with Henderson and Milner if he comes- also I think Allen stays to fulfill that role. 

Final interesting thing I am watching out for this summer is what happens with Mario.  I don't see any point in keeping him as an option, I'd rather we gave a young player the role, and perhaps that is Ings.  Whether Benteke is the right player to platoon with Sturridge, or we are capable of getting a Vietto or another striker of that ilk,  I don't know, but I suspect we will still rarely see two strikers on the field much, except perhaps in home games against weak opponents to try and put games away early.

Looking forward to the season though. We got off to such a bad start last year trying to figure out life after Luis, settle in five players, and then losing out most prolific goal scorer, it really was a tough start - hopefully its an easier August/ September to build on.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: June 3, 2015, 07:22:48 pm »
We're on our way to glory.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #637 on: June 3, 2015, 07:32:45 pm »

Can someone, anyone, please explain to me how the fuck next season could turn out to be remotely as inept as the one just gone?

How would the club permit us to embark on another season without any attacking outlet worthy of the name?

We've already got Origi as an extra fast, pacy attacking outlet. Many seem to have dismissed his potential value to us next season since he's young and unproven. Well I'm no Geoff Twentyman but from what I've seen the fella looks well capable of handling himself and doing a decent job.

Then there's very likely this Ings fellow. Again relatively young and unproven and looks more of the Roger Hunt style inside forward rather than a line leader but again looks as if he's got the twists turns and finishing ability to do at least something of a job in that crucial final area of the pitch if not exactly emulating Sir Roger up there.

Then there's Jordan Ibe who though young and again relatively unproven already looks like he can add quite stunning attacking variety and pace to any front line.

Then there's Sterling. If he stays then we all know his attacking worth albeit he's again not the finished article. If he goes then it's inconceivable we wouldn't sign a direct replacement.

Then there's Sturridge presumably in late Autmn from what we're led to believe. Fitness doubts? Sure. Nobody can be sure but this time he can be eased in more gently you would think.

Then there's the additional 'main man/Sturridge competition' striker whom we're led to believe we're after.

The point is whoever they get or even don't get the attacking outlet situation is an entirely different proposition to what it was.

Last season we had nothing up front. A big fat ZERO.

Next season we'll have a range of pretty solid attacking options.

There's absolutely no way there's even the slightest chance of the sort of ignominy we witnessed last season when our entire attacking momentum for the whole season consisted of Sterling and Coutinho and had blown itself to a standstill by early March.

So what the fuck are you miserabilist bastards falling over yourselves for to espouse doom and fucking gloom for in post after fucking post? You're a collective fucking disgrace to the name of Liverpool Football Club with all this defeatist shite.

Open yer fuckin eyes to the reality of the situation. There's not the slightest chance of a repeat of what we've just had to endure. Not a fuckin chance.

We may not end up with the rsources to mount a league challenge - though we just might - but we'll certainly be in with more than a fair shout of being able to compete for a top four position with a young side that will no longer be so bare fuckin boned as it was for the entire season just gone. 
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 07:35:31 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #638 on: June 3, 2015, 07:34:57 pm »
Our 4 strikers scored 8 goals.

If we can`t improve on that massively we should all really lock up and go home.

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #639 on: June 3, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »
What an OP - I doff my cap sir!

Having never been a fan of Astronomy, I not going to start trying to predict the future now, I'll leave
that to others who feel more qualified. I'll just keep plodding along with the whole "walk on with
hope in your heart" side of things. Admittedly not so easy right now.

It's a simple, if bland fact that some things in football never change, while others unexpectedly do.
Don't they Sepp?

I for one am glad that Brendan still holds the reigns, and we didn't opt for change right now. Mostly
because the stuff we played during 2013/14 filled me with football joy almost to bursting point. Also the well
acknowledged fact that when we took on a young promising manager, there would inevitably be some element of learning
on the job. So for me he has at least six months to show that he is learning sufficiently on the job
to bring the right changes on the field, make some inroads into Europe etc. Other reasons too, like stability.

It's not that I don't have serious concerns, of course I do; player acquisitions, a mentality in our players
that allowed such, a frankly embarrasing, capitulation last season, defensive and set piece coaching, formation
tinkering etc, the list goes on. There are, and will remain to be for some few months at least, many unanswered questions.

No matter who was going to be managing LFC going into 2015/16, one side or other of the fanbase was going to be pissed.
But if we start scoring goals and winning games consistantly again, this division will soon be filed under
 - "remember when...".

If not, then clearly further change becomes a necessity. But how could this have been avoided? Would a big name manager
and new project have united the fanbase? I'm not so sure. Yes I can see the obvious excitement (especially considering the
still sore feelings abound in last seasons contrails), but also the inevitable "here we go round the roundabout again" attitude.

Weighing it all up, when faced with a decision to start a new project right now or press on with even a small chance
of reliving those beautiful games of the 2013/14 season and, whisper it... a couple from last season - combined with the stability
offered by keeping our manager in a summer when we lose one of our greatest ever players and captains,
plus (most likely) one of our hottest young talents, I think our owners have made the sensible decision, either through luck
or actual reasoning. I could be totally wrong of course, and the decision could have been solely based on the avalability of other
suiters. FSG are still too much of an unknown footballing quantity to do anything other than speculate.

Equally, whether it works or not, I honestly have no clue, really, no clue. I thought Balo would get us a few goals!!!

For now though Brendan's our man, decision made, and until that changes or his position becomes clearly untenable, he get's my
full throated support. While this is (or at least used to be) expected of LFC fans, it is the least we can
do to give our manager, players and club the best possible chance of succeeding. I hope our owners and other club employees
see it the same way.