Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Ballot outcome - the results are in!  (Read 85549 times)

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
Re: CL Final 2018 - Ballot outcome - the results are in!
« Reply #960 on: May 16, 2018, 11:34:56 am »
looks like anyone beyond about 770 on waiting list is out of luck

no more online sales and people will be contacted in chronological order to box off the last few remaining

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/champions-league-cup-final-ballot

Why do you make out 770? Because there was 50 tickets last time you checked this morning is it?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:44 am »
Why do you make out 770? Because there was 50 tickets last time you checked this morning is it?

Yes someone said about 50 left

Also assume had it been many more than that they’d do it online rather than individual calls

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #962 on: May 16, 2018, 11:47:22 am »
Realistically without having all the ticket being collected out there or some form of Biometric identification being used you're not going to completley eradicate the issue

Maybe have cross competition points for the final e.g. amount of league & cup games attended in the season.

N.B. give STH's a flat amount of points per season & members a set amount of points per league game attended

I agree with that entirely. Its daft that we don't use cross competition loyalty.
Long live the King

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:09 am »
I agree with that entirely. Its daft that we don't use cross competition loyalty.

Some people (probably a minority) prefer midweek games if they work weekends and vice versa, so European games may suit them better. So cross competition loyalty doesn't suit them. They should imo be entitled to a european cup final ticket if they attended every European game for example and no home league games than the person who attended all home league games and no european games.

Personally prefer the way it is currently.
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #964 on: May 16, 2018, 11:58:52 am »
Maybe a way of only entering the ballot if you had previous attendance at aways in europe over a number of years maybe. Just take out those with no interest in going. Just a thought

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #965 on: May 16, 2018, 12:17:21 pm »
Anyone on the waiting list 720 - 800 ish had a call from the TO yet (or know of anyone who has or when the TO are going to be calling people) ?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: May 16, 2018, 12:17:48 pm »
Some people (probably a minority) prefer midweek games if they work weekends and vice versa, so European games may suit them better. So cross competition loyalty doesn't suit them. They should imo be entitled to a european cup final ticket if they attended every European game for example and no home league games than the person who attended all home league games and no european games.

Surely the people who watch Liverpool the most deserve to go? As an example, my Dad is 16000 on the waiting list and as far as the club are concerned he's been to every game bar Euro aways since 2011. Now, he wasn't going to Kyiv, and the credits for the aways aren't used by him, but they don't know that. Should that level of support be treated the same as someone who's done, in theory 6 home games in Europe this season?

Ultimately there's no way that leaves everyone happy.

Offline Panther

• Boys Pen
« Reply #967 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:11 pm »
Tickets from Thursday's sale have just been delivered. No email received prior to delivery.

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2018, 01:07:35 pm »
Tickets from Thursday's sale have just been delivered. No email received prior to delivery.

Same mate!!!!

Offline LFCLal

• Boys Pen
« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2018, 01:15:52 pm »

to be honest I think it’s fair as it is, I do all the homes in the cup and a few league games but I don’t think it would be fair for someone getting priority for a big cup game because they couldn’t be assed with an league 1 team at home but they’ll get sorted for going all the league games.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: May 16, 2018, 01:40:22 pm »
Surely the people who watch Liverpool the most deserve to go? As an example, my Dad is 16000 on the waiting list and as far as the club are concerned he's been to every game bar Euro aways since 2011. Now, he wasn't going to Kyiv, and the credits for the aways aren't used by him, but they don't know that. Should that level of support be treated the same as someone who's done, in theory 6 home games in Europe this season?

Ultimately there's no way that leaves everyone happy.

Precisely. The only 'way' it ever suits is if it makes it easier for the person suggesting it. Impossible situation.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #971 on: May 16, 2018, 01:41:08 pm »
Finally resigned to not going now. Plan B weekend in Liverpool it is instead. Will still be great. Hope the wife doesn’t find out exactly how much my Kiev flights were!

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:16 pm »
Other clubs have points based systems across competitions.  They get points per game attended and that requires a certain number of points for the finals.  So the ST get point for 19 games but no more unless they attend those games.  Therefore a member can over take the ST but only if they attend the games.

My 9 year old qualified for Ukraine and has 8 games on his membership this season.  My other lad and I have 26 and failed.  Doesn't seem fair that.

However, as with all systems they have their troubles.  We go to all games together but the league games for the 9yo are recorded on someone elses card.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #973 on: May 16, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »
Finally resigned to not going now. Plan B weekend in Liverpool it is instead. Will still be great. Hope the wife doesn’t find out exactly how much my Kiev flights were!

Did you manage to sell your flights? If not stick the details on here and see if anyone wants them.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: May 16, 2018, 02:04:21 pm »
Surely the people who watch Liverpool the most deserve to go?

Its not that simple surely?

There is a waiting list for season tickets with tens of thousands of people on it who snap your hand off. I am on it myself.

I know lads with season tickets who didnt bother with the group games (sold their tickets) didn't go to Porto at home either.

They then moaned about not getting a ticket in the ballot "because they have a genuine season ticket"!!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: May 16, 2018, 02:07:35 pm »
"because they have a genuine season ticket"!!

When they bought it, the priority was probably in the terms and condition.  That's what kicked off a lot of the agro in 2007.  If they bought it since then, then it's never been in their terms and conditions.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline mart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #976 on: May 16, 2018, 02:09:19 pm »
Did you manage to sell your flights? If not stick the details on here and see if anyone wants them.

Agree.   After being successful in the ballot I'm still looking for a Friday/Saturday out, Sunday back flight with minimal stops for me and my lad. 

There was an idea on a previous post to create a "travel exchange" thread - is this something that can be set up?

Thomas Cook and F5 all day long at the moment :(

Mart

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #977 on: May 16, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »

There is a waiting list for season tickets with tens of thousands of people on it who snap your hand off. I am on it myself.

I know lads with season tickets who didnt bother with the group games (sold their tickets) didn't go to Porto at home either.

They then moaned about not getting a ticket in the ballot "because they have a genuine season ticket"!!

It’s not hard to buy tickets for home games. ST holder = member / fancard holder with 19 homes. It is that simple.

And members buy and sell on as much as STs.
Long live the King

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:54 pm »
Agree.   After being successful in the ballot I'm still looking for a Friday/Saturday out, Sunday back flight with minimal stops for me and my lad. 

There was an idea on a previous post to create a "travel exchange" thread - is this something that can be set up?

Thomas Cook and F5 all day long at the moment :(

Mart

and how would that work exactly?

Someone said these were doing a day trip: http://www.crowntravel.co.uk/index.html

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #979 on: May 16, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
They're ringing people 1 at a time and giving them 10 minutes to decide. There's only £390 tickets left. My mate was 742, not sure how many are left

Offline mart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #980 on: May 16, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
and how would that work exactly?

Someone said these were doing a day trip: http://www.crowntravel.co.uk/index.html

Many thanks Claire - Understood.  I guess I was thinking like the ticket exchange thread, but appreciate its not simple because nobody knows true face value of plane tickets etc. 

There's three active "Kiev" threads going on currently with lots of chat about all kinds of stuff and easy to miss offers of rooms/transport. 

I saw Crown were sold out, but will give them a call.

Mart

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: May 16, 2018, 02:22:29 pm »

Well they've not got anything to moan about then.

There are more than just season ticket holders who have all 19 games as well.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: May 16, 2018, 02:41:16 pm »
Well they've not got anything to moan about then.

There are more than just season ticket holders who have all 19 games as well.

I personally think they should be separate to cup games

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #983 on: May 16, 2018, 02:48:13 pm »
I personally think they should be separate to cup games

Cos it suits you better than it suits the people who’ve been to more games than you?
Long live the King

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: May 16, 2018, 02:54:29 pm »
okay, let's put the lid on this discussion cos it just goes round in circles and I can't be arsed with it.

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #985 on: May 16, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
Many thanks Claire - Understood.  I guess I was thinking like the ticket exchange thread, but appreciate its not simple because nobody knows true face value of plane tickets etc. 

There's three active "Kiev" threads going on currently with lots of chat about all kinds of stuff and easy to miss offers of rooms/transport. 

I saw Crown were sold out, but will give them a call.

Mart

As an FYI, they called me today and offered me the day flight after I had put my name on the waiting late yesterday - I'm all sorted for travel now though

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #986 on: May 17, 2018, 08:11:17 am »
Have we any idea how far down the waiting list they are at the moment?

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #987 on: May 17, 2018, 09:41:15 am »
Have we any idea how far down the waiting list they are at the moment?
720. They are contacting people direct in order if the odd ticket comes up but there is no more sales now, what is says on the website anyway.

Offline Chris H

• Anny Roader
  • Spion Kop 1906
« Reply #988 on: May 17, 2018, 09:47:08 am »
759 got sorted yesterday afternoon with a CAT3 and said there were a few CAT 4s left
@SpionKop1906

All donations welcome. All funds raised through sales go straight into the flag fund for future flags and banners.

Online nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
« Reply #989 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:21 am »
I’m 797 no call yet.
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: May 17, 2018, 10:28:15 am »
Cos it suits you better than it suits the people who’ve been to more games than you?

You seem to know me well. How many games have I been too?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37:47 am »
You seem to know me well. How many games have I been too?

Can we knock this on the head. It's a circular discussion and we can go over it a million times in another thread, preferably in another part of the forum where I won't read it. Ta.

Offline mart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #992 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:42 am »
As an FYI, they called me today and offered me the day flight after I had put my name on the waiting late yesterday - I'm all sorted for travel now though
  Thank you.  I managed to get sorted last night, it's still sinking in this has all come together at last.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #993 on: May 17, 2018, 11:43:23 am »
Just spoke with TO. They are as far as 768

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:44 am »

I’m 797 no call yet.

Another anxious day in here!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:07 am »
Just been informed the ticket I bought in the Monday sale has arrived this morning by SD. Others that bought on Monday should start arriving today too then

Offline KOP95

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #996 on: May 17, 2018, 12:03:17 pm »

My mate is in the 770’s are they contacting people via telephone?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #997 on: May 17, 2018, 12:20:12 pm »

Are they calling from 0151 804 6779?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: May 17, 2018, 01:11:02 pm »
My mate is in the 770’s are they contacting people via telephone?

No telepathicly

Offline KOP95

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #999 on: May 17, 2018, 01:52:18 pm »
My mate has been absolutely bumped by the club once again says offered up to 783 he was 770 ish! Never received anything!