Author Topic: LC: Liv 3 vs 3 Lei Vardy 10’ 13’ Ox 19’ Mad34’ Jota 68 Taki 90+4’ (5-4 pens)  (Read 37123 times)

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
The Leicester chants are moronic. I doubt they actually think we need to be fed but they just roll out the template chants that they have learned from the herd. Like many other fans do.

Not unlike singing the rent boys chants to Chelsea in fact. It’s all imbecilic.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 03:52:44 pm by Schmarn »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
‘Just like Leicester, your city is blue’

One of the weirdest chants I’ve ever heard. There is zero part of that that is a positive for Leicester.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Excellent article, depressing comments. Pearls before swine.

Was just about to mention the comments. Haven’t been on that site for years and that’s probably why. I have no interest in what the rest of the country has to say about football if that’s the benchmark of quality.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
I agree with this. If you're going to Anfield regularly I don't think you're suffering the effects of poverty or needing to use a food bank either given the price of the tickets nowadays.

Clearly stuff we get from United, Chelsea and City amongst a few others is just disgusting but the feed the scousers song is just one of those things- none of the people singing about it actually think poverty and hunger is funny, probably a lot of them aren't even Tories, it's a song football fans know they're going to sing when they come to Anfield to get a rise out of us. Yesterday they got a rise out of us but perhaps not the one they wanted as we used it as fuel to get the atmosphere going. But the reactions on social media are a bit over the top, bordering on being a tad precious IMO. Its a shit stupid song. It's also football which has always been full of shit stupid songs, many of which we've sang gladly. We're not going to get political correctness from a few thousand mostly young blokes on a jolly to Liverpool on a Wednesday night.

Are we going to get lectured all over social media next time we sing Manchester is full of shit for talking down a fellow northern powerhouse who suffered social decay in the 1980s. 'How Tory of them to sing that', they'll cry. Will "we'll take you two by two and we'll kick fuck out of you" be deemed unnecessary, overly aggressive and triggering, and against the spirit of being a family club? I hope not, because football will become very boring very fast.

It's a predictable, unimaginative and overall shit song. We reacted to it in the stands exactly how we should have done. That's how you react, give them something back and then inspire the team to beat them. Makes it all the more fun when you get the result.

Not being funny but how many years ago did rival fans start singing those songs? It's been about forty years and only recently have people made a fuss of them instead of just rolling their eyes. On that basis I wouldn't say people are being precious it's just that when you look around at a country that has been ravaged by austerity, where every week you pass a line of people queuing up outside a foodbank, where footballers are having to lobby the government not to let children starve, those chants become more than just tedious.

And you don't have to be currently living in poverty to care about people who are. I'm not black but it doesn't mean I don't care about racist chanting, I'm not gay but I'll be very happy if we drop the rent boys chants.

Singing 'Manchester is full of shit' is very different to delighting in unemployment or food poverty. If rival fans came to Anfield and the worst they sang was 'Liverpool is full of shit' I think we'd just think it was a bit quaint. Songs about political issues are more than just mindless 'banter', and these chants in particular reflect a really unhealthy attitude amongst English people (and our fellow voters) regarding poverty. The way people from equally working class cities sneer at Scousers because they think being poor or living in a council house or not having a job is shameful.

And maybe some of their fans have genuinely never really thought about the meaning behind those chants, in the same way some of our fans never really thought about the meaning behind the rent boys chants. So what's wrong in educating them? I have no issue with shaming people and calling them Tories if that will make them think for a second about why they're singing that shit instead of just focussing on football.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Excellent article, depressing comments. Pearls before swine.

I used to comment regularly on that site but it’s so fucking toxic I haven’t even looked at them for over a year
Believer

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Maddison waxing lyrical about us.

https://youtu.be/lYbH89_X414?t=38

One of the replies suggested poor old Foxes succumb to teams that are ‘dirty and physical’ like LFC.

You do wonder what game some supporters are actually watching, and whether they’ve ever heard of the awards for fair play we’ve won consistently.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Imagine singing your city is blue, when the blue you're talking about is the absolute shitshow that is Everton football club 😄
And especially when Everton's own survey found that half of the city is Red, a quarter is Blue, and the other quarter aren't interested in football at all.  :lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
I'm struggling to imagine a world in which the banter songs meant to poke fun at the opposition also have to pass politically correct /cancel culture deep dive scrutiny and in no way be offensive to anyone, ever, in any way.

The whole point of a banter song (within context which is sporting rivalry not actually real life) IS to offend the other side, not in a lasting hurtful way but in a bantering competitive somewhat comedic if possible way. comedic to the side doing the dishing anyway.

Imo feed the scousers primary lasting attraction as bantz to opposition fans is simply that the lyrics fit the song well and it plays on a stereotype which has one foot firmly planted in historical truth. thats perfect bantz fodder, it doesn't need to be actually true or kind or even wholesome. Its got rhythm. ish.

You know what, i know its not reality and the oppositions just taking the piss, and i can take it. i just can. Im not terribly offended or horribly shocked or morally outraged. I'm just not. Sorry.

Some proportion of the population these days seem to manufacture outrage for a living. So much stuff worthy of real outrage. Why in the 2020's have major conglomerates phased out powdered laundry soap packaged in cardboard boxes in favor of liquid soap in plastic containers, backed by the full power of the marketing machines? Because over time you can water down the contents instead of reducing the container size and nobody will notice, you say? But what about the environmental impact? fuck it you say? too much profit to ignore?  Truth is all such soaps liquid or powder are enzyme digesters ie they eat protein, and have to be strong enough to eat the dirt and not so strong as to destroy your clothes. ie its all the same exact shit only the marketing changes.

THAT'S outrageous. Theres a billion of those out there. everywhere you look there are mainstream borderline scams picking the pockets of the rich and poor alike. FTS is just  kinda repetitive at this point. Outrage? not for me.   

Great game last night though.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
banter is supposed to be amusing, not insulting ffs.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I'm struggling to imagine a world in which the banter songs meant to poke fun at the opposition also have to pass politically correct /cancel culture deep dive scrutiny and in no way be offensive to anyone, ever, in any way.

The whole point of a banter song (within context which is sporting rivalry not actually real life) IS to offend the other side, not in a lasting hurtful way but in a bantering competitive somewhat comedic if possible way. comedic to the side doing the dishing anyway.

Imo feed the scousers primary lasting attraction as bantz to opposition fans is simply that the lyrics fit the song well and it plays on a stereotype which has one foot firmly planted in historical truth. thats perfect bantz fodder, it doesn't need to be actually true or kind or even wholesome. Its got rhythm. ish.

You know what, i know its not reality and the oppositions just taking the piss, and i can take it. i just can. Im not terribly offended or horribly shocked or morally outraged. I'm just not. Sorry.

Some proportion of the population these days seem to manufacture outrage for a living. So much stuff worthy of real outrage. Why in the 2020's have major conglomerates phased out powdered laundry soap packaged in cardboard boxes in favor of liquid soap in plastic containers, backed by the full power of the marketing machines? Because over time you can water down the contents instead of reducing the container size and nobody will notice, you say? But what about the environmental impact? fuck it you say? too much profit to ignore?  Truth is all such soaps liquid or powder are enzyme digesters ie they eat protein, and have to be strong enough to eat the dirt and not so strong as to destroy your clothes. ie its all the same exact shit only the marketing changes.

THAT'S outrageous. Theres a billion of those out there. everywhere you look there are mainstream borderline scams picking the pockets of the rich and poor alike. FTS is just  kinda repetitive at this point. Outrage? not for me.   

Great game last night though.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think most are outraged or offended. I just think the world has moved on in the last 40 years, and fans acting like they did in the away end last night just look and sound utterly ridiculous. They sound like throwbacks to the last century. People are always going to comment on such things and ridicule such moronic, infantile behaviour from supposed adults.

On a slightly different note, I do wonder just how motivated a team can be when all their own fans sing about is the opposition and poverty. Personally, if I were a football player I'd hate that shit being churned out every week. I'd want something stirring, something positive and encouraging. A wall of sound in support of the side I'm actually playing for, not a tirade of inane drivel aimed at the opposition and motivating the opposition against me and the team.

It seems the art of supporting, motivating and encouraging your own team has been lost these days, in favour of paying good money just to bait the opposition and act like a complete tit.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
banter is supposed to be amusing, not insulting ffs.

Do Liverpool supporters ever or regularly chant anything as “bantz” as the one Leicester fans were?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Do Liverpool supporters ever or regularly chant anything as “bantz” as the one Leicester fans were?
I honestly don't know - been years since I've ben at a game in person. 

what's the answer to your question?

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think most are outraged or offended. I just think the world has moved on in the last 40 years, and fans acting like they did in the away end last night just look and sound utterly ridiculous. They sound like throwbacks to the last century. People are always going to comment on such things and ridicule such moronic, infantile behaviour from supposed adults.

On a slightly different note, I do wonder just how motivated a team can be when all their own fans sing about is the opposition and poverty. Personally, if I were a football player I'd hate that shit being churned out every week. I'd want something stirring, something positive and encouraging. A wall of sound in support of the side I'm actually playing for, not a tirade of inane drivel aimed at the opposition and motivating the opposition against me and the team.

It seems the art of supporting, motivating and encouraging your own team has been lost these days, in favour of paying good money just to bait the opposition and act like a complete tit.
I'm quite happy to accept the bait and respond with the type of atmosphere we had last night in the second half.  Leicester couldn't have handled going 2 up any worse than they did.  On the field shithousery also contributed to their own downfall.  Its beautiful that we scored the equaliser in a minute that would not have been played had they not been playacting

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
I honestly don't know - been years since I've ben at a game in person. 

what's the answer to your question?

Same so I don’t know. Was an honest question. Would like to understand the psychology of it and whether it attaches to some supporter bases more than others.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Same so I don’t know. Was an honest question. Would like to understand the psychology of it and whether it attaches to some supporter bases more than others.
I think with a lot of things regarded as comedy, there's a very fine line between what is humour and insults/cruelty/mockery.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
:evil

https://streamable.com/nvua04

Needs archiving. ;D

I guess that's the risk you run when you get the penalties taken in front of the away end after acting like the dog's bollocks for half the match.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan

such a shy, introverted boy.  needs to learn to express his feelings.  :)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Not really unless it's actually aimed at a rival club. 'Show them the way to go home' is one that's more ubiquitous but is a victory song and light hearted and related to the actual football match being played.

Unless it's an actual grudge fixture the back and forth between the two fans in the ground used to be more light hearted and humour based. Now it's just 'how unpleasant and obnoxious can we be for the next 90 minutes?' which Leicester certainly gave a good go.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
One of the replies suggested poor old Foxes succumb to teams that are ‘dirty and physical’ like LFC.

You do wonder what game some supporters are actually watching, and whether they’ve ever heard of the awards for fair play we’ve won consistently.

But if you point it out to them they'll just talk about how we were okay with Suarez being a racist. But then, these guys still sing the Gerrard song, so what would you expect? ::)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?

Looks like he’s been with Liverpool since he was 6 years old there. Fair play to the lad.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
He defo says 'fuck off' celebrating  ;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Maddison waxing lyrical about us.

https://youtu.be/lYbH89_X414?t=38

Good interview that. He gets a lot of stick for being a bit of a shithouse, but he knows he’s one. He’s admitted it in the past and does again on that interview. Doesn’t excuse it, but I feel it’s all a bit pantomime. Comes across well in interviews.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
He defo says 'fuck off' celebrating  ;D
100%  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Klopp's reaction to last night was very telling. The much despised, barely tolerated League Cup turned into a Champions' League semi-final. The delirium in the old stadium was amazing. Imagine the equivalent competition in Italy or Spain. Juventus might have pulled a crowd of 5000, if the weather was nice. Barcelona may have got, what...15,000 tops? Even in Germany, Bayern might have struggled to get 30,000 in the Allianz for such a nuisance of a competition. But Anfield went supersonic.

I think that's what Jurgen was talking about in the interviews after the match. Liverpool is still a learning process for him. He's still falling in love. And we're still doing the same with him. What a fucking marriage!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Stompy

• Kemlynite
https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1474023400909721606

The irony is had they not spewed out there politically rightwing tory insults and despicable songs about starvation, we would probably allowed the game to fade out into yet another "meh" League Cup exit. DON'T POKE THE BEAR FUCKERS!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”
 Bill Shankly

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Klopp's reaction to last night was very telling. The much despised, barely tolerated League Cup turned into a Champions' League semi-final. The delirium in the old stadium was amazing. Imagine the equivalent competition in Italy or Spain. Juventus might have pulled a crowd of 5000, if the weather was nice. Barcelona may have got, what...15,000 tops? Even in Germany, Bayern might have struggled to get 30,000 in the Allianz for such a nuisance of a competition. But Anfield went supersonic.

I think that's what Jurgen was talking about in the interviews after the match. Liverpool is still a learning process for him. He's still falling in love. And we're still doing the same with him. What a fucking marriage!

I think more telling is his reaction today when he suggested making the semi-final a one leg game, even though we have been drawn to play the first leg at Arsenal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

One late tackle by Morton and they have us down as some kind of dogs of war.

Their antics in the second half were absolutely ridiculous. Making a complete meal of any contact or challenge.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
I think more telling is his reaction today when he suggested making the semi-final a one leg game, even though we have been drawn to play the first leg at Arsenal.

But his main issue with the League Cup has always been two legs for the semi in January straight after the crazy Christmas schedule.

Plus that'd be two more games to navigate without Salah/Mane/Keita rather than one. If it's one game we'd put a strong side out over there and fancy our chances.

Offline kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
Just watched that highlights show on Quest and Kevin Phillips adamant that Morton should have been a red card.  I'm clearly biased but for me that was nothing more than a yellow and VAR wouldn't have overruled it.  Tackle from the side and the ball was there to be challenged for but it was forceful and didn't get the ball so a nailed on yellow card.  His boots didn't make any contact with Ricardo though and ended up being a clash of shins.

Hard to know if the challenge was the reason Ricardo went off as he stayed on for over 30 minutes after that challenge before being subbed.

Oh come off it. It was a horrendous challenge that deserved a red. 3 days after universal condemnation of the Non decision on Kane red card, a Liverpool player produces a horror tackle that is reminiscent of Pickford on VVD.

I appreciate everyfan has bias but if we try to explain or deny when we are at fault/ getaway with something then we really have no right to complain about incidents like the Kane tackle

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........

That's telling too. He knows his team is good enough to win at Arsenal. Right?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
That's telling too. He knows his team is good enough to win at Arsenal. Right?

also he comes from a country where neutral venues or 2 legged tie for domestic cup semi finals isn’t a thing, so it’s perfectly normal for it to be luck of the draw who is at home for a semi final!

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan

I think we're one of the few fanbases that just sings about our own team (save for United and Everton games).

But why would we sing about these backwater, mediocre, middle Englander clubs when we can sing about Liverpool?
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Didn’t realise he told them to fuck off as well  :lmao great unseen angles of that.

If you’re willing enough to give it then you better be prepared to take it too.  ;D

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
Still recovering from yesterday's game. Through the late 50s, all through the 60s and into the early 70s I went to 100s of games at Anfield. Left the UK and watching since on TV it can never be quite the same, but last night's match, the crowd, the reaction of our boys to it, gave me goosebumps. I was instantly back in the Shankly era, the bedlam at every home game, hoarse and sweaty by the final whistle. Has to be one of the most heart-pumping games I've seen in the last 50 years.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

He can probably reflect on the journey from one of his first home games and the work he’s done to turn ‘doubters to believers’. That was Liverpool all in last night, channelling all the emotion and it was fucking beautiful, despite it being ‘only’ the League Cup.

Leicester deserved what they got