Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147385 times)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: Spiders
« Reply #40 on: May 5, 2011, 04:00:20 pm »
Yea I'm a put them outside kinda guy.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #41 on: May 5, 2011, 04:00:20 pm »
if the gf sees them then she runs a mile.

I bet I'd beat her to the door  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42 on: May 5, 2011, 04:01:16 pm »

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: May 5, 2011, 04:01:51 pm »
People just dont understand phobias do they. Coming from someone with severe arachnophobia. I can barely even look at pictures of them and I wont go within a few feet of one. There's no rational explanation for it really, they're obviously harmless

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #44 on: May 5, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »
People just dont understand phobias do they. Coming from someone with severe arachnophobia. I can barely even look at pictures of them and I wont go within a few feet of one. There's no rational explanation for it really, they're obviously harmless

But why spiders for so many people?
 How come so many people seem to hate them, and not something else?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #45 on: May 5, 2011, 04:04:18 pm »
Great, another thread I'm going to have to avoid in future due to the inevitable pictures of the bastards  :(

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 5, 2011, 04:05:20 pm »
Great, another thread I'm going to have to avoid in future due to the inevitable pictures of the bastards  :(

Well to be fair the only other one is Gala's thread. Which I don't avoid for some reason. Although they would scare the crap outta me if I saw them live.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #47 on: May 5, 2011, 04:07:35 pm »
I don't mind house spiders and stuff but I am scared of big fuck off ones, I saw arachnophobia the movie when I was a kid, didn't go well for me, if I saw that kinda shit in real life I would deffo have brown pants

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: May 5, 2011, 04:10:05 pm »
I'm just waiting for SMD to pollute this thread with that gif of the spider jumping off the ceiling. Hate the bastards. I know they do us a favour and all that but do they have to look so malevolent while they're doing it?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #49 on: May 5, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
I'm just waiting for SMD to pollute this thread with that gif of the spider jumping off the ceiling. Hate the bastards. I know they do us a favour and all that but do they have to look so malevolent while they're doing it?

What is your view on Spiderman?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »
But why spiders for so many people?
 How come so many people seem to hate them, and not something else?

No idea, pretty sure that has never been definitively explained. There is ideas that its something that has been developed through evolution, from the times when they were a lot more deadly and we've been genetically programmed to fear them. Or maybe it's due to conditioning, and we're just not used to them. People from countries with giant spiders and are subjected to their presence regularly generally tend to fear them less I believe. Or perhaps it is just their horrible appearance haha I don't know really

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2011, 04:20:05 pm »
Why do so many people hate them / get so scared when they see one.

Most of them you find in the house are tiny and harmless.

I can't be the only one who just leaves them to it, or just picked them up and puts them outside.

Is right. It's crazy the way some people react. I could understand people being a little scared if it was a Black Widow or a Red back, but in this country? I have seen lads screaming like girls and running away from them. Two legged Freaks.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2011, 04:23:03 pm by Livbes »

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »
I love spiders. :D All the girls at work hate me because it's usually me they call when they spot a spider ,because some of the men are scared of spiders too, and me being me usually run around with the spider in my hand scaring them. :D

I once gave one of my work mates a present and put a spider in a jewellary box and she's never quite forgiven me for that. I don't quite understand the phobia but I felt so mean doing that after I realised how genuinely petrified she was. :/
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2011, 04:36:53 pm »
I love spiders. :D All the girls at work hate me because it's usually me they call when they spot a spider ,because some of the men are scared of spiders too, and me being me usually run around with the spider in my hand scaring them. :D

I once gave one of my work mates a present and put a spider in a jewellary box and she's never quite forgiven me for that. I don't quite understand the phobia but I felt so mean doing that after I realised how genuinely petrified she was. :/

*look of distain*

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54 on: May 5, 2011, 04:38:15 pm »

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 5, 2011, 04:38:58 pm »
*look of distain*

Oh dear. I wasn't proud of it after doing it! :-[ :(
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »
What is your view on Spiderman?

I had this conversation with my ex the other week. Came to the conclusion that I would have to give up the chance of superpowers if I was offered them. I'd have to be Gerbilman or something like that.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »
I had this conversation with my ex the other week. Came to the conclusion that I would have to give up the chance of superpowers if I was offered them. I'd have to be Gerbilman or something like that.

You spend your whole life trying to get out of where you are.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2011, 04:44:35 pm »
Oh dear. I wasn't proud of it after doing it! :-[ :(

It is a bit harsh! I hate turning the page in the paper and then seeing a picture of one, always makes me jump.

I think it's my brother's fault - he used to pick them up and then corner me with them when I was younger. I also vividly remember my mum telling me that spiders don't like beds after I complained of there being one in my room. It put my mind at ease til one morning the fucker ran down my pillow.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 5, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »
They have just eaten all the green fly that was attacking my Coriander.

I love spiders, they're my friends.

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 5, 2011, 04:46:24 pm »
You spend your whole life trying to get out of where you are.

Small price to pay to avoid letting a spider bite me. If not gerbilman I wouldn't mind Chimpboy, my special power would be flinging feaces and drinking PG Tips  :D

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #61 on: May 5, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »
How can you hate this girl? Look she wants to hug you :D :

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 5, 2011, 06:43:34 pm »
FUCK OFF  :wanker

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 5, 2011, 06:45:21 pm »
Should have put the pic in spoilers ... that would have been funny ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #64 on: May 5, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »
Kill them all!

What's that you say? "What about the flies?"

Simples.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #65 on: May 5, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »
The 'A' and the 'F' have come off the front of them cans Jimbo.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 5, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »
The 'A' and the 'F' have come off the front of them cans Jimbo.
Don't care. Arachnapobic and not afRAID to say :P

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 5, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »

May do that to someone I don't like in the future.

I *think* I'm no longer scared of spiders, but I do kill them on sight as I can't hold them, but really I don't run away from them anymore.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 5, 2011, 06:55:32 pm »
Not exactly scared of them, will catch them under a glass and throw them out ect but get the shivers pretty bad if I see one, same with most insects though, can't stand daddy longlegs either, especially when the fuckers are flying around the room.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 5, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »
They look like hands about to leap up and throttle me!!!!!!  I tell you, Alien has a LOT to answer for, that bastard Ridley Scott.....

True story. Two weeks ago at work we had a photo shoot and in one of the labs I saw a spider on the floor and insisted it was removed before we could continue.

One of my colleagues looked at it and said, "It's dead."

I said, "I don't care - I've seen Alien! It's metamorphed cousin is out there somewhere and besides, it STILL looks like a hand that could LEAP and tear my FUCKING THROAT OUT!!!!"

Wuss? Real.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 5, 2011, 06:59:51 pm »
We all know you jumped on the nearest counter and started screaming like a girl you big wuss!! ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 5, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »
We all know you jumped on the nearest counter and started screaming like a girl you big wuss!! ;D
Word ;D

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 5, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »
I remember as a kid watching arachnophobia. Pretty scary film for a kid.

My sister, who was scared of spiders, for some reason watched it. Went to bed that night, then in the middle of the night woke up screaming. She said she woke up to see 2 big spiders on her pillow.

None of us believed her, and put it down to a nightmare due to the film. However, my Dad did a search of her room, and sure enough found 2 big spiders under her bed.

My brother also once told me I had a big spider on my back. Again, I didn't believe him (thinking about it, there wasn't much trust in my family really :) ), until he brushed it off and it scurried across the floor. Also had one fall off a towel and crawl up my leg in the shower once.

I've never liked them myself to be honest. Wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but if I do get asked to put one out I usually use a glass, just don't like the idea of picking them up.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Aztera

• Anny Roader
  • Stresshead
« Reply #73 on: May 5, 2011, 07:39:47 pm »

Agreed!

On my second week of work, my colleague brought some cat fur, think her cat shed it all once and it just inspired her. We left it on the floor under this girls desk and wiggled it with a stick from the other side and shouted SPIDER, she screamed and jumped up onto the desk shaking her hair and taking off her jumper like it was on her  :lmao

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 5, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #75 on: May 5, 2011, 08:25:04 pm »
Don't mind spiders over here, they're harmless. Didn't like them in Australia, you don't know which of the fuckers can kill you.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #76 on: May 5, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »

I can honestly say, if someone offered me £1,000,000.00 just to allow a tarantula to crawl up my arm for 30 seconds I'd turn it down flat.

I fucking hate spiders, they make my skin crawl, but I reckon I could handle a Tarantula. It's those mad leggy bastards that sprint across your living room floor when you're watching late-night t.v that scare the shit out of me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 5, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »
Don't mind spiders over here, they're harmless. Didn't like them in Australia, you don't know which of the fuckers can kill you.
One word - huntsman.  :o

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 5, 2011, 09:08:50 pm »

all of them can.
Specially the bastard that lives in the swimming pool.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #79 on: May 5, 2011, 09:08:53 pm »
One word - huntsman.  :o

Saw a good few of them over there, one as big as a dinner plate. At least they're not poisonous, but they are scary looking alright.