Author Topic: Drones - Anyone Bought One  (Read 9221 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Drones - Anyone Bought One
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2021, 09:17:56 pm »
I bought a DJI Mavic Pro and love it. Not cheap but totally does what it is supposed to do and easy to fly. The cheaper ones are not stable in the air and almost impossible to fly. The DJI ones are real deal and hover stationary when you take your hands off the controls. It only takes an hour or so to feel totally comfortable with flying it. So far got nice pictures of my house and friends house and just out for basic fun with it. The new ones in the states are restricted to 400' so there are no worries about where you fly it. It even has GPS software in it that means it will not fly near an airport.

I love it for fun pictures and enjoy taking it to family outings and getting a cool aerial shot.

At 400' you can't hear it from the ground and have done little flights over the neighbourhood knowing that no one can really see it or hear it from the ground.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 09:38:58 pm »
I bought a DJI Mavic Pro and love it. Not cheap but totally does what it is supposed to do and easy to fly. The cheaper ones are not stable in the air and almost impossible to fly. The DJI ones are real deal and hover stationary when you take your hands off the controls. It only takes an hour or so to feel totally comfortable with flying it. So far got nice pictures of my house and friends house and just out for basic fun with it. The new ones in the states are restricted to 400' so there are no worries about where you fly it. It even has GPS software in it that means it will not fly near an airport.

I love it for fun pictures and enjoy taking it to family outings and getting a cool aerial shot.

At 400' you can't hear it from the ground and have done little flights over the neighbourhood knowing that no one can really see it or hear it from the ground.

Perv Patrol  :P
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2021, 09:48:24 pm »

Not sure what make our kid has but it cost over £600. He lives in Bournemouth, so he gets to fly it over the cliffs and the sea and goes filming crop circles over Salisbury way, some of the views are stunning. One of his mates filmed a UFO, they were filming a crop circle and something small and black, but deffo not any drone they recognised, flew under the drones just above the crop circle, moved about a bit then fucked off. Could have been anything, but as they had no idea what it was, its an Unidentified Flying Object.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2021, 11:58:45 am »
A few VR drones now as well aren't they? Easier to fly if you have the stomach

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2021, 02:57:04 pm »
Got a cheapo one for around £100 for Christmas - have yet to be able to take it out due to lockdown and really give it a blast.

Looking forward to seeing what shots I can capture with the camera.....before I inevitably crash it!

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2021, 08:49:05 am »
Just bought the Holy stone 720e looks a decent bit of kit to crash

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2021, 12:07:56 pm »
Got a cheapo one for around £100 for Christmas - have yet to be able to take it out due to lockdown and really give it a blast.

Looking forward to seeing what shots I can capture with the camera.....before I inevitably crash it!

I had a cheap one also. Make sure you fly it in loads of space. They are a real nightmare as they are not stable and will fly in one direction when you take your hands off. You have to really fly the controls all the time to keep it roughly where you want it. Having to fly a cheap one and then try to take pictures as well seems impossible to me. Hopefully yours works better than mine.

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 12:38:50 pm »
Well as a complete novice the holy stone is easy to fly,if you stop using the controls it just hovers,if you lose site of it you just hit RTH ( return to home ) and it lands with in 4ft of take off,camera is very good,ive flown it twice now and still have it,well for now!

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 01:12:30 pm »
I thought there were some laws about them now?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2021, 02:29:10 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2021, 12:06:28 pm »
Well as a complete novice the holy stone is easy to fly,if you stop using the controls it just hovers,if you lose site of it you just hit RTH ( return to home ) and it lands with in 4ft of take off,camera is very good,ive flown it twice now and still have it,well for now!

Nice one. My super expensive one does basically exactly that.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2023, 08:56:59 pm »
I'm seriously thinking of getting this one.

Anyone here have this drone, a DJI Mini 3 Pro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOwTUgqUfH8

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2023, 10:35:53 am »
It’s something I’d like to get as well but I’m worried I’ll take a few drone shots of our house and around the local area then not use it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2023, 12:15:04 pm »
It’s something I’d like to get as well but I’m worried I’ll take a few drone shots of our house and around the local area then not use it.

Probably the story of 80% of people who get them

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2023, 10:04:33 am »
Probably the story of 80% of people who get them

Yup,looks lovely in its box though

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2023, 10:55:07 am »
Yup,looks lovely in its box though

Nice layer of dust on mine