Author Topic: Tom Hicks talks to Sky Sports News about his time at Anfield  (Read 10013 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tom Hicks talks to Sky Sports News about his time at Anfield
« Reply #80 on: December 3, 2019, 09:22:46 pm »
Hicks was always a mini-Trump.  Just another con man.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 3, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »
Meanwhile they don't seem to be arsed about the job the Glazers are doing on Man Utd or the fact that they have made an even worse start to the season than we did under Hicks, Gillette and Hodgson.

This Man Utd unfolding car-crash should be like mana from heaven, but they are keeping strangely quiet about it all. "Nothing to see here" type stance.

Really, why the fuck roll out Hicks at this point? Stinks to high-heaven.

That can't be true- the worst start, I mean. We were 17th or something.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #82 on: December 3, 2019, 09:30:31 pm »
That can't be true- the worst start, I mean. We were 17th or something.

Didn't we go down to 18th or 19th at one point that season, just as the court case to get rid of the cancers was getting underway, i do remember us in relegation zone?
#Sausages

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #83 on: December 3, 2019, 09:50:09 pm »
One of the proudest times of being a red during that era. The way we hounded them was more epic than the swindle in my opinion.  Never will forget that pic of the smug rat sat on that bench waiting for the banks to open. Little did he know......

This. My missus threw out my standards corrupted shirt a few years ago and I was gutted. Horrible time, but a reminder of how much many people love this club. Thankfully a group of special fans led the fight to get them out perfectly.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 3, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »
Why did Sky even send someone out to interview him? What was their motive?
Distract people away from certain other news stories around at the moment?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 3, 2019, 10:18:05 pm »
Cnut
bollocks

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #86 on: December 3, 2019, 10:20:53 pm »
Why is that TW@T not in Jail for fraud ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #87 on: December 3, 2019, 10:38:36 pm »
Fuck off sky

Yeah real agenda for us isnt there
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline fuzzball

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: December 3, 2019, 11:09:15 pm »
One of the proudest times of being a red during that era. The way we hounded them was more epic than the swindle in my opinion.  Never will forget that pic of the smug rat sat on that bench waiting for the banks to open. Little did he know......
desperate times ....even bought the standards corrupted jersey

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: December 3, 2019, 11:09:44 pm »
"It was a difficult time for your family, especially your son Tommy Jnr, how do you reflect on that?

It was a difficult time for Tommy especially, he learned some painful lessons himself, it made him part of who he is but he's doing great now, he's co-chairman of the RNC (Republican National Committee) helping President Trump raise $1bn to get re-elected. He's got a thick skin and part of that came in Liverpool."

Absolutely cut from the same cloth, scumbags stuck in the eighties who have no place in leadership roles in 2019.

I read that article earlier and the link to ‘trump’ (funding his re-election ffs) indicates how important it was at the time to see them off. 

Can just picture Trump posing in front of the Donald Trump kop.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 3, 2019, 11:26:09 pm »
Didn't we go down to 18th or 19th at one point that season, just as the court case to get rid of the cancers was getting underway, i do remember us in relegation zone?

If that was the hodgson season we were dire.  Started bad by going out of league cup home to Northampton and it slowly got worse. Remember the couple of homes over Xmas when we couldn’t sell out.  Think attendance of about 35k or so and lost to wolves. Can’t remember the other opponent (can’t be bothered to google) but it wasn’t good.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 3, 2019, 11:33:26 pm »
As far as I’m concerned, it all went tits up when we didn’t buy Snoogy Doogy.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 3, 2019, 11:51:41 pm »
I remember emailing a range of random bank directors until the early hours of the morning. Worth it in the end.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #93 on: December 4, 2019, 12:15:51 am »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TommyTM

• Main Stander
  • I say old chap!
« Reply #94 on: December 4, 2019, 03:59:42 am »
If that was the hodgson season we were dire.  Started bad by going out of league cup home to Northampton and it slowly got worse. Remember the couple of homes over Xmas when we couldn’t sell out.  Think attendance of about 35k or so and lost to wolves. Can’t remember the other opponent (can’t be bothered to google) but it wasn’t good.

Worth looking back at just to remember where we've come from in the last 10 years;

• We dropped as low as 19th in the league after 8 games by losing to Everton
  • We went out the league cup in the 3rd round to Northhampton as you mentioned
  • We also went out of the FA cup in the third round to Man U, and the europa league in the round of 16 to Braga
  • We 'won' the transfer windows that season too by getting rid of deadweight like Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano, and bringing in legends such as Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and Andy Carroll (okay yes, and Luis Suarez too, but I'm sure that was just a blip)

What a season - just think where we could have been now if all those damn 'internet terrorists' hadn't chased our glorious owners out of town....

Man up and support you bunch of pussies. We just spotted Chelsea our best player and pwned them at the Bridge.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 4, 2019, 06:08:16 am »
You don't even need to say anything,  fundraiser,  very strong links to Trump -  self affixed c*nt label. Having these vermin here,  going through all that,  makes you appreciate the current period,  every second of it.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #96 on: December 4, 2019, 06:35:58 am »
The defining moment for me was some NYC red posted a photo of Gillette sitting outside on a bench (Outside of RBS building) sipping coffee. Then there was someone else who posted the emails of some 15 top level executives of that bank. Then someone composed a draft text for us to copy and send. All of this between 10am and 1pm England time when NYC was just waking up, which some poster also reminded.

That moment, for me atleast, showed how we together as a family, came together to change the fortunes of our club. All because of that one red who observed that miserable piece of oxygen stealer waiting outside a bank. Or god knows what might've happened.

Otherwise this would've probably happened...

Very easy to say 'fuck off' and boo hoo, wanker etc and they would be entirely justified at every single level.

That being said. You can imagine some alternate universe out there where RBS re-financed the loan, we (and by we I mean SOS and the fan base) didn't mobilise enough and we kept plodding along in an era of Billion pound TV deals and sponsorship deals etc.

When you consider how much trouble Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle fans are having with their owners...

There was a real sliding doors moment in our clubs history with that ruling outside the High Court back in October 2010.

A moment that could have led us down a path of Anfield being a rubble patch, drifting from managers in the league of Hodgson, Allerdyce, Moyes etc, drifting towards Administration.

Let this be a moment to remind you how things were and how things could have been...

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 4, 2019, 07:17:17 am »
As others have said, I’ve no idea why they have given him the time of day. What purpose does this interview serve? On the interview itself, he is full of shit and only arsed about missing out on the gravy train. He personifies everything about the shitty capitalist system we live under.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #98 on: December 4, 2019, 08:19:52 am »
The defining moment for me was some NYC red posted a photo of Gillette sitting outside on a bench (Outside of RBS building) sipping coffee. Then there was someone else who posted the emails of some 15 top level executives of that bank. Then someone composed a draft text for us to copy and send. All of this between 10am and 1pm England time when NYC was just waking up, which some poster also reminded.

That moment, for me atleast, showed how we together as a family, came together to change the fortunes of our club. All because of that one red who observed that miserable piece of oxygen stealer waiting outside a bank. Or god knows what might've happened.

Otherwise this would've probably happened...

I think it was Hicks wasn’t it? Either way I remember that and copy and pasting that email from the three different accounts I had. Whether it had an impact or not it showed what could be done with a bit of organisation. I think they were genuinely taken aback by stuff like that. They never did understand the feelings towards our club, and never once bothered to try.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #99 on: December 4, 2019, 08:55:45 am »
Ha ha, blow me fuck face, still waiting for Snoogy Doogy.

Should have had yer Weetabix before you messed with Liverpool fans you clueless fuckwitted chancer.

Still got my Standards Corrupted shirt, as a memento of that time  and also a reminder that we need to be vigilant and never let the club sleepwalk into such a situation again.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 08:57:43 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #100 on: December 4, 2019, 08:57:01 am »
Hicks seems to be suggesting he was following the same strategy as FSG and was only thwarted by the bank’s refusal to refinance. He couldn’t be more deluded.

You don’t get to three consecutive European finals with players like Paul Konchesky, Christiam Poulsen and a past-his-sell-by-date Joe Cole.
You don’t get 97 points by sacking a great manager and bringing in Roy Hodgson.
You don’t get a brand new stand if you don’t “put a spade in the ground.”
You don’t create a (supposed) $3bn asset by sucking out millions to pay interest on YOUR loan.

Any goodwill Hicks and Gillett got at the start was because Parry and Moores said, “trust us”. Any initial success was due to momentum already created by Rafa and where the brake was soon applied.

Again, Rafa’s role in saving the club can’t be overstressed. He sacrificed his dream job by encouraging us to look under the bonnet. People like Timbo did sensible appraisals and shouted out that the Emperor had no clothes. With this new scepticism, some of us were able to predict accurately what the club would become two years down the road. A sub-prime asset ripe for foreclosure.

I don’t like what the club has become because I don’t like what the game has become. Plastification, dilution,maxing of revenues. But, in this context, FSG haven’t put a foot wrong. They haven’t taken money out and they’ve stuck to their word. That, Tom Hicks, is the opposite of an epic swindle...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #101 on: December 4, 2019, 09:00:46 am »
Theirs was the only ownership in modern times under which we didn't win a single trophy. Bad at the time, but in retrospect perhaps fitting. Wouldn't want those c*nts to have taken any credit.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #102 on: December 4, 2019, 11:26:48 am »
I think it was Hicks wasn’t it? Either way I remember that and copy and pasting that email from the three different accounts I had. Whether it had an impact or not it showed what could be done with a bit of organisation. I think they were genuinely taken aback by stuff like that. They never did understand the feelings towards our club, and never once bothered to try.

Possible. Its been a long time and I remember the photo. I cant recollect who it was in the picture, or even outside which bank he was sipping his coffee.
It would be nice to have this post identified on RAWK and/or twitter.
Primarily for feeling schadenfreude. Secondarily to thank that red who was at the right place and the right time.
That proved to be a turning point for whatever happened since.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #104 on: December 4, 2019, 12:12:53 pm »
Odious prick.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #105 on: December 4, 2019, 12:14:23 pm »
Proud Internet Terrorist here. Still got my Standards Corrupted shirt - remember a bunch of us wearing it to Anfield for Carra's testimonial ;)

Anyway. Fuck Sky. Fuck Hicks.

What I will promote in here is Brian Reade's excellent book "An Epic Swindle" - should be compulsory reading for all LFC fans everywhere :thumbup

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #106 on: December 4, 2019, 12:38:40 pm »
Wow. I just saw the interview. It's funnier than my interviews. Only he is serious and everyone knows he is lying. In my case I'm not serious and everyone thinks I'm telling the truth, except for the women in my life. They know who I am. They understand me.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 4, 2019, 12:44:51 pm »
Okay, this is now getting serious, so why is anyone surprised? Just look at how this type of economics is ruining our environment, the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world, and the lives of billions of animals every year. If fake billionaires can burn the environment then what would they care about burning a sports team down? What they've learnt is if you're burning a beloved sports team, that team is going to lynch them but if you burn down the rainforests, then you're only going to get a peaceful march and protest led by a 15-year-old girl in pigtails. So, in the end, it's an easy decision to make. Get out of sports. Go into the rape and destruction of the natural world.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 4, 2019, 12:59:16 pm »
Don't forget that a few brave players actually called out H & G Pepe being the most vocal. Most kept their heads down and did nothing but Pepe, a true Red, did what he could.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 4, 2019, 01:15:30 pm »
Do we need to have a thread on this clown? Forget these fuckers ever existed. :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 4, 2019, 01:16:39 pm »
I don't know how you guys can't feel sorry for Tom Hicks. There, you can highlight and quote this and do your one-liner mockery.

Tom Hicks reminds me of that uncle who always worked as a mechanic and had big dreams to make it like his wife's rich brothers. You know, the wife who fell for him because he looks like Del Boy and promised he will one day get a big job in his brother's second-hand car factory which went bankrupt a year later and so they both went into fixing local cars in their garage and dreaming big. One day they come up with this idea of running cars on water instead of petrol, pitched the idea to their wife's rich brother who believed they were on grass and gave them nothing but a one hour lecture on how to do real work and maybe just maybe do a short meaningful 2-week course on RAWK university with professor Lebowski, but when the wife claimed her husband lost the car and house by gambling on Liverpool to win the Premier League title instead of Manchester United, the brother grew a soft spot and decided to give his own sister a million pounds to appease the gambling sharks from taking away his beloved niece.

Instead of banking on his water for petrol idea, Hicks the mechanic was visited by a mysterious man who wrecked his car and came up with an ingenius idea to buy a football club and triple your money in 3 years venture. To cut a long story short. A few years had gone by, and the mechanic expectedly went bust again, this time dragging the whole football club down with him, and he starts going door to door to ask for more loans because his own brotherinlaw doesn't believe him anymore especially since the niece ran away with Hicks ugly brother George. Cue a few more years later, you know that guy Hicks hates, that always wins because he has hair, a better sports car and a hot Italian wife, yeah that one, he took the club from him and saw his money not just triple but go 8x higher in value. You obviously feel sad for the mechanic Hicks, but look, he still has his devoted wife by his side and his son by his side. People like this, in their minds are always so close to winning and going up several levels, but constantly taking a step forward and 3 steps back, but when you look closer, they always remember that time they won their trophy wife. Those few years were always the best when the first set of the Parry Family fools paid for their house and lodging for a few years to finance those romantic years of Mr and Mrs Hicks.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 01:19:55 pm by SteveZissou »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #112 on: December 4, 2019, 01:52:10 pm »
I remember walking up the Kop steps before the Northampton game seeing folk in their Standards Corrupted shirts (had mine on) giving thumbs up to fellow wearers. It was very much an 'us and them' thing - quite amazing that the vast majority didn't give a shit or were completely clueless about Hicks and Gillet at the time.

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 4, 2019, 02:09:23 pm »
Yeah dudes, most sports followers don't even know who they are. Even among the smarter football fans, they tend to think the Americans are still in charge because they don't know the difference between the changing of the guards. They think the previous American owners are still in charge.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 02:10:56 pm by SteveZissou »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #114 on: December 4, 2019, 02:31:21 pm »
Blow me fuck face.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.