Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455372 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

::)  so he is a tory cause he isn't fearmongering like rest of them?

this was him back in march. was right all along

https://twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora/status/1244312179333042181

How was he right when he was talking about 50% of people being infected in March. A couple of months later and actually studies are showing 17%+ in London and 5%+ for the rest of the Country.

If we had based decisions on 50% of people possibly being infected in March then there would have been an absolute bloodbath.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/may/22/karol-sikora-honorary-professor-imperial-college

Some info on Sikora's history of lying about being a professor at Imperial.

In reality, he was a professor at the UK's only private university and a huge private healthcare lobbyist. Those calling him a massive Tory aren't wrong.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:33:50 pm by bornandbRED »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Opening schools still a huge mess.

Primaries meant to open a week on Monday yet

A) some councils have said they wont open.
B) even in schools that do lots of parents wont send their child in.
C) scientific advice today is they should only open if testing and tracing is in place. No way that will be in place un 9 days time where everyone fully understands it anyway.
D) lots of schools have no clear idea how a return will even look or work.
E) many schools will have a lot of teacher shortages with some expected to come in for the possible year groups in but teach the rest remotely.
F) if you aren't  a key worker then you might have one child who can go in but others that can't (year 7-9 for example) but your boss might want you back in.

Absolute mess.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
@EricTopol
Just published @TheLancet
The largest study of hydroxychloroquine shows a significant increase in death (~35%) and >2-fold increase of serious heart arrhythmias. ~96,000 patients, ~15,000 on HCQ or CQ  from 671 hospitals, 6 continents.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1263811764287725574

Remember when there were some initial very promising studies? Trump was far from alone in wanting to give it to everyone. This is why we have thorough clinical trials, to avoid giving patients drugs that make them worse. If we had taken shortcuts and listened to the blind optimists, thousands more would have died.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Can they donate us a PM and ministers as well?
To paraphrase an excellent poster on here (apologies, I forget which).
"We'd just vote them out if we did get them"
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
On the return of schools... the giver net finally released the scientific advice today (I mean, who needed time eh?)

My union advises that even though the government is asking for schools to be opened, school leaders could still be held legally responsible in the even t of deaths or serious illness....

This is why lots of schools will only be opening on a skeleton timetable at the very best....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I’ve got a friend who is a primary school teacher and they said out of a class of 30, when she rang round the parents, only 2 of them said they’d be sending their kids in.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I’ve got a friend who is a primary school teacher and they said out of a class of 30, when she rang round the parents, only 2 of them said they’d be sending their kids in.
We’re about 60% saying they would in years 10 and 12...

Yet we’ve got staff without nursery care.  Those who live within vulnerable people, those who are vulnerable themselves, those who are just plain scared.....
A good 25% of staff down before we start.

It won’t be anything like a full timetable.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I note the ‘r’ number has increased this week according to news reports.  Given the time lag that will not have been impacted by things like V.E. Day and any subsequent ‘gatherings’.  Any impacts will inform the ‘r’ number in due course. 

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Remember when there were some initial very promising studies? Trump was far from alone in wanting to give it to everyone. This is why we have thorough clinical trials, to avoid giving patients drugs that make them worse. If we had taken shortcuts and listened to the blind optimists, thousands more would have died.

Read that it's also about timing and Zinc for that drug to work.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Coronavirus: Acting earlier would have saved lives, says Sage member

One of the government's scientific advisers has said he would have liked ministers to have acted "a week or two weeks earlier" in the virus pandemic.

Sir Ian Boyd, who sits on the Sage scientific advisory group, said "it would have made quite a big difference" to the death rate.

Ministers have always insisted they have been guided by the scientific advice during the pandemic.

Government figures show 36,042 people with the virus have died in the UK.

Sir Ian is a professor of biology at St Andrews University and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which advises ministers on Covid-19.

He started attending Sage meetings a month ago.

He told The Coronavirus Newscast: "Acting very early was really important and I would have loved to have seen us acting a week or two weeks earlier and it would have made quite a big difference to the steepness of the curve of infection and therefore the death rate.

"And I think that's really the number one issue - could we have acted earlier? Were the signs there earlier on?"

Sir Ian suggested that the government based its initial assessment on the transmissibility of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) virus, which is less infectious than this coronavirus.

Sars was a previously unknown disease that started to spread around the world in 2003. It went on to infect more than 8,000 people and kill almost 800.

He described the UK and other European countries as "a bit slower off the mark" and less prepared than countries that had experienced Sars in the early 2000s.

He said that ministers would have received "very blunt and very clear" advice from the government's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance. and chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty.

"One could point the finger at ministers and politicians for not being willing to listen to scientific advice.

"You could point the finger at scientists for not actually being explicit enough.

"But at the end of the day all these interact with public opinion as well. And I think some politicians would have loved to have reacted earlier but in their political opinion it probably wasn't feasible because people wouldn't have perhaps responded in the way they eventually did."

Sir Ian also called on ministers to stop saying they are "led" by the science.

"I think the statement 'we are guided by the science' is slightly misleading. I don't think ministers intend it to be misleading. I think they intend it to help to provide trust in what they are saying. And quite rightly so.

"Basically what we in the scientific community do is give the best advice we can based on the evidence that's available to us. We then pass it to government ministers and the policy parts of government who can then take that and do with it what they like within the policy context."

Sir Ian - who was the chief scientific adviser at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs from 2012-19 - said Sage meetings are currently taking place over Zoom.

He defended the participation of political aides, such as the prime minister's adviser Dominic Cummings, saying: "It brings them back to reality."[/quote]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52764645

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
It's so refreshing to have a Home Secretary that's non-PC enough to take control of our Great British borders (months too late) and protect the indigenous population.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
We’re going to have to clap for the Border Force as well now!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Coronavirus: Acting earlier would have saved lives, says Sage member

One of the government's scientific advisers has said he would have liked ministers to have acted "a week or two weeks earlier" in the virus pandemic.

Sir Ian Boyd, who sits on the Sage scientific advisory group, said "it would have made quite a big difference" to the death rate.

Ministers have always insisted they have been guided by the scientific advice during the pandemic.

Government figures show 36,042 people with the virus have died in the UK.

Sir Ian is a professor of biology at St Andrews University and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which advises ministers on Covid-19.

He started attending Sage meetings a month ago.

He told The Coronavirus Newscast: "Acting very early was really important and I would have loved to have seen us acting a week or two weeks earlier and it would have made quite a big difference to the steepness of the curve of infection and therefore the death rate.

"And I think that's really the number one issue - could we have acted earlier? Were the signs there earlier on?"

Sir Ian suggested that the government based its initial assessment on the transmissibility of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) virus, which is less infectious than this coronavirus.

Sars was a previously unknown disease that started to spread around the world in 2003. It went on to infect more than 8,000 people and kill almost 800.

He described the UK and other European countries as "a bit slower off the mark" and less prepared than countries that had experienced Sars in the early 2000s.

He said that ministers would have received "very blunt and very clear" advice from the government's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance. and chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty.

"One could point the finger at ministers and politicians for not being willing to listen to scientific advice.

"You could point the finger at scientists for not actually being explicit enough.

"But at the end of the day all these interact with public opinion as well. And I think some politicians would have loved to have reacted earlier but in their political opinion it probably wasn't feasible because people wouldn't have perhaps responded in the way they eventually did."

Sir Ian also called on ministers to stop saying they are "led" by the science.

"I think the statement 'we are guided by the science' is slightly misleading. I don't think ministers intend it to be misleading. I think they intend it to help to provide trust in what they are saying. And quite rightly so.

"Basically what we in the scientific community do is give the best advice we can based on the evidence that's available to us. We then pass it to government ministers and the policy parts of government who can then take that and do with it what they like within the policy context."

Sir Ian - who was the chief scientific adviser at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs from 2012-19 - said Sage meetings are currently taking place over Zoom.

He defended the participation of political aides, such as the prime minister's adviser Dominic Cummings, saying: "It brings them back to reality."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52764645

Confirms the incompetence.  Evidence of a ‘new’ virus was there early on and we had Far East countries then Italy as references to inform strategy.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
It's a bit late now for the government to make anyone coming into the country have to go into quarantine for 14 days. It should have happened on the 30th of February.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

But not before registering on the ‘pick for Britain’ site.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan

Thankfully, the Thursday 8pm slot has just become free.

Coronavirus: Clap for Carers should end, says founder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
But not before registering on the ‘pick for Britain’ site.

Don't forget to Stay Alert throughout.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
The whole meeting family members is the thing that really gets me in England.

So for instance if I want to meet my mother we have to try and find a park bench somewhere to meet and chat and of course sit on either end of the bench. This is assuming that England has enough park benches. The benches of course will have been sat on by god knows who before and possibly people that may have had covid and sneezed on the bench, wiped their nose and touched the bench, had a sandwhich, touched their gob and then touched the bench. Meanwhile while we are sat on that bench there will be people that may have covid walking past, jogging past, cycling past, running past sweating and panting like fuck.

Oh, but my mother can't come and sit in our garden on a nice comfy chair while we sit 2m away nice and safe and private.

They can fuck off.

She can come round. The police would only find out if someone grassed.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
I think the biggest lesson that needs to repeated again and again is that by the time the second wave shows up this year there needs to be testing, tracing and isolation systems in place. Test, locate the infected and isolate them and anyone they've come in contact with. This is part of the reason why New Zealand, S. Korea, Vietnam etc have been successful

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I think the biggest lesson that needs to repeated again and again is that by the time the second wave shows up this year there needs to be testing, tracing and isolation systems in place. Test, locate the infected and isolate them and anyone they've come in contact with. This is part of the reason why New Zealand, S. Korea, Vietnam etc have been successful

If the second wave hits around November then the Govt. may just about have it in place by then. Maybe.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
It's a bit late now for the government to make anyone coming into the country have to go into quarantine for 14 days. It should have happened on the 30th of February.

Have to laugh as well that it's not going to come into effect until June..... absolute shambles.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
If the second wave hits around November then the Govt. may just about have it in place by then. Maybe.
Will it be world beating.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can’t the PM be arsed with these briefings anymore?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Johnson effectively announced the quarantine policy nearly 2 weeks ago on the 10th of May, yet it won't come into force for another 2 weeks. Say what you want about this government but you can't accuse them of a lack of urgency...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:49:33 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How much do you hate priti patel?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And ridiculous also that it doesn’t start until 8th June? 

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97

He's a joke, the leader of our country can't be arsed.   He should be leading by example and be at the forefront of these briefings during these unprecedented times.

Nice to see that they're remembering Lee Rigby and the Manchester Bombing victims.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:50:05 pm by jonnypb »

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
On the return of schools... the giver net finally released the scientific advice today (I mean, who needed time eh?)

My union advises that even though the government is asking for schools to be opened, school leaders could still be held legally responsible in the even t of deaths or serious illness....

This is why lots of schools will only be opening on a skeleton timetable at the very best....

How would they prove it was a result of opening up the school and not from a daily exercise or shopping?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Only works 1 day per week.  Doubt he’ll be seen until PMQs again.  That’s if he’s up for another roasting.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Trying to quantify it - as much as I hate Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
The manual contact tracing seems more of a privacy concern than using an app.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Heh.

Thank you so much for using the COVID Symptom Tracker app and helping to fight the outbreak. We are very excited to be able to offer you a chance to get tested for COVID-19.

We have developed a software test (an algorithm) to predict COVID-19. To improve this we are now working with the Department of Health and Social Care to give you access to a COVID-19 test. This testing process is run by them, and no data will come to us until you choose to share it.

As you know, we are using data from millions of people to determine who may have COVID-19 based on their symptoms. You’ve recently reported feeling unwell with a particular combination of symptoms. We would like to test you to understand if you have the virus right now. This does not necessarily mean you have COVID-19 as we are also inviting some people we believe do not have the virus.

The Department of Health is therefore inviting you to have a PCR swab test to confirm whether you are currently positive or negative for the virus. This will let you know your status and help us develop an even better understanding of which symptoms are most related to COVID-19 infection.

Can confirm I *definitely* do not have the virus. I have totally different symptoms and it's probably hay fever or a post-hypomanic crash. So I'll do one to provide what they must know is a negative.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

He has only done one since he returned to work. I can’t recall that many before his time off.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64

She turned and walked off and I swear the notice with a green and yellow border changed to ‘Wide load’.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

Would still like to know the answer to the question here which takes 10k new cases per day as its starting point, adds an R0 of just above 1, and figures out what sort of timer we're on before that will require measures going back into place. Wonder whether the systems are actually needed right now to try and just sit on that as measures are relaxed.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
She turned and walked off and I swear the notice with a green and yellow border changed to ‘Wide load’.
Only this bunch of useless bastards would actually have a superspreader presenting the briefing.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Do you reckon BJ avoids the briefings because he is too ill, out because he is to scared of the roastings.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:02:14 pm by PaulF »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

Says everything that a series of things done under the Health Secretary's powers, and done for public health reasons, have had her diving on them to try and claim them to how  tough she is. Government were told increasing fines would be ineffective and even counterproductive. There they are being pushed up even as they become near uneforceable. All about display rather than what works. Could bin all but a couple of this cabinet and see a positive improvement just from their absence.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:37:00 pm by Zeb »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Do you reckon BJ avoids the briefings because he is too ill, out because he is to scared of the roastings.

I think it is the same as his leadership campaign. He is being kept on a short leash by his minders. A bit of rhetoric or a PR stunt and Johnson is up for it. Being a legitimate politician and being held to account has to be avoided at all costs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"