Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458772 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
You can buy antibody tests now for £69 to £75 with 100% specificity and 97.5% sensitivity.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
A rebuttal from the Jenner Institute to that article in Forbes.

https://www.jenner.ac.uk/about/news/the-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-works-very-well-in-monkeys

So they state  'These are small studies designed to look at the safety of the vaccine before starting human clinical trials.'

Well personally I think the people behind these vaccines should stop telling the press how well their trials have gone. However, that wouldn't see the pharma companies share price go through the roof.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
No new cases in London in the last day?

Edit: Hmmm... apparently, there’s been a glitch in the patient notification system which may explain the nil new cases in London

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Update from today by Dr John Campbell referring to a study from South Korea that seems to confirm no-one can be re-infected by Covid-19, and develop immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATMbGK__Tg

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Was it Switzerland where they noticed something similar (potentially) with age groups? Whereas ONS here aren't seeing any evidence for it (yet - it could become apparent later etc.). Other part to it is, I think this is right, that this was after the 'peak' in Stockholm and it seems broadly similar across a number of countries in the proportion who've had it. Redbyrdz said some weeks ago about measures taken needing to suit individual countries/cultures. Does make me wonder whether a lot of countries will end up in roughly the same place by time of a vaccine with some variation explainable by things like overwhelmed hospital systems and geography and demography etc. edit: also think djahern has posted his thoughts on that which is where I'm pilfering from.

edit: Kant spel.
Yes, but sweden is one of few countries that have had the schools open, and it doesn’t seem to have mattered. If kids would be efficient spreaders among themselves, swedish kids should be much higher.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, but sweden is one of few countries that have had the schools open, and it doesn’t seem to have mattered. If kids would be efficient spreaders among themselves, swedish kids should be much higher.

How do you know it’s not had an effect? There’s no data for Sweden with schools closed and we can’t really compare to other countries. Sweden has fared worse than other Scandinavian countries though.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

This is a virus that is defeated by soap and water. Keeping schools open might well be accompanied by an over emphasized hygiene regime.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Of course they will be taking their £9k for the privilege as well (and even more for international students that can't enter the country)

If I were taking my A-Levels this Summer I would be making gap year plans.

Having a small laugh at all those private landlords that rent to students
But what happens the following year, where you might have near-on twice as many students looking for places?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
How do you know it’s not had an effect? There’s no data for Sweden with schools closed and we can’t really compare to other countries. Sweden has fared worse than other Scandinavian countries though.
I'm comparing the rates of children to adults, and it seems pretty similar to countries that have closed their schools

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

Don't know. Taiwan was another example used before this. Thing with it is that countries which have kept their schools open have still taken extra measures so it's perhaps encouraging if other countries can figure out how to imitate those best they can?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I'm comparing the rates of children to adults, and it seems pretty similar to countries that have closed their schools

It is a virus that has more effect on older people so comparing rates between generations is irrelevant. It is not the infection rate amongst children that matters.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
My town ladies and gentlemen:
https://www.itv.com/news/london/2020-05-20/southend-beach-packed-with-thousands-of-sunseekers-struggling-to-social-distance/

I mean why would you travel from Leicestershire to Southend to sit next to all those people when you could stay in the garden, the sea is not that nice, even if we were not distancing
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I mean why would you travel from Leicestershire to Southend to sit next to all those people when you could stay in the garden, the sea is not that nice, even if we were not distancing
For Storm Ellis of Leicester it was to "to take the energy from it [the sea]".   :butt

For many others it would be because sun shining = trip to the seaside and they hadn't given it any thought.

I'd expect a lot believed the beach would be really quiet as everyone else except them would be using their 'common sense'.  No doubt a subset of these would have had a moan on social media about the lack of 'common sense' they witnessed.

And then of course there's the anti-establishment, anti-lockdown contrarians who want to strike a blow for the free man by finding the busiest place they can think of and sticking themselves at the heart of it.  Then, when they don't die, they have their evidence!! Unless they do die, of course.

I'm not a fan of busy beaches in normal times so the prospect of visiting one right now is some way down my wish list.  It's times like these I'm grateful to live in a town with no tourist appeal as I'd be curtain twitching myself to a frenzy with all these idiots turning up.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Update from today by Dr John Campbell referring to a study from South Korea that seems to confirm no-one can be re-infected by Covid-19, and develop immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATMbGK__Tg

How does this sit with the reports of the US Roosevelt sailors that seem to have been re-infected?

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

How does this sit with the reports of the US Roosevelt sailors that seem to have been re-infected?

In the video he refers to false positives found in South Korea, where the tests were picking up on  old "dead" viral material remaining in the epithelial cells for quite some time after the infection.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
The quayside was pretty busy by me too, lots of people packed onto small patches of astro turf, it's by the river I guess so it's windy at least.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In the video he refers to false positives found in South Korea, where the tests were picking up on  old "dead" viral material remaining in the epithelial cells for quite some time after the infection.

I got that but these sailors twice tested negative after being declared recovered and then tested positive again.

Of course I accept that anything the US Military says has to be considered suspect!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
So this thing ain’t going away globally anytime soon. 106,000 new cases recorded in the past 24 hours. We’re on the verge of 5m total cases.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

I got that but these sailors twice tested negative after being declared recovered and then tested positive again.

Of course I accept that anything the US Military says has to be considered suspect!

False negatives are up to 25% of tests of people who are infected

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Of course they will be taking their £9k for the privilege as well (and even more for international students that can't enter the country)

If I were taking my A-Levels this Summer I would be making gap year plans.

Having a small laugh at all those private landlords that rent to students
interesting debate for final year high school students, but also final year uni students (me), was planning to do a masters but really don't enjoy the remote learning, no library etc but also trying to start a career in this climate doesn't seem ideal, the fact masters is only a year helps, if I was starting a three year course I'd probably wait until face to face teaching is back but the next year seems ideal for learning while there's nothing much else to do

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So this thing ain’t going away globally anytime soon. 106,000 new cases recorded in the past 24 hours. We’re on the verge of 5m total cases.

But we're coming out of it slowly. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
For Storm Ellis of Leicester it was to "to take the energy from it [the sea]".   :butt

For many others it would be because sun shining = trip to the seaside and they hadn't given it any thought.

I'd expect a lot believed the beach would be really quiet as everyone else except them would be using their 'common sense'.  No doubt a subset of these would have had a moan on social media about the lack of 'common sense' they witnessed.

And then of course there's the anti-establishment, anti-lockdown contrarians who want to strike a blow for the free man by finding the busiest place they can think of and sticking themselves at the heart of it.  Then, when they don't die, they have their evidence!! Unless they do die, of course.

I'm not a fan of busy beaches in normal times so the prospect of visiting one right now is some way down my wish list.  It's times like these I'm grateful to live in a town with no tourist appeal as I'd be curtain twitching myself to a frenzy with all these idiots turning up.
Storm did put up a perimeter to maintain social distancing.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But we're coming out of it slowly. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I wonder if summer helps. Maybe because we tend to spend more time outdoors, and the infection risk seems to be lower there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if summer helps. Maybe because we tend to spend more time outdoors, and the infection risk seems to be lower there.

No mate, hence way hot countries  still got high infection rates. The lockdown is global(barring one or two countries)

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
No mate, hence way hot countries  still got high infection rates. The lockdown is global(barring one or two countries)

You don't know that. There are reports circulating now suggesting that the heat / summer weather is slowing the spread. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you can't say that with any certainty.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Of course it will.

And by the way, the virus. … It looks like by April, you know in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away — I hope that’s true. But we’re doing great in our country. China, I spoke with President Xi, and they’re working very, very hard. And I think it’s going to all work out fine. Rough stuff, I tell you, rough, rough stuff. But I think it’s going to work out good. We only have 11 cases, and they’re all getting better. - Trump, Feb. 10:

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You don't know that. There are reports circulating now suggesting that the heat / summer weather is slowing the spread. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you can't say that with any certainty.

The lockdown is worldwide and its spreading. Brazil is a hot countries, Iran is.
Most countries are in lockdown and its spreads. The scientists I have seen on have all said the weather doesn't make a difference to this spreading.

106k new cases yesterday. Highest increase. Sunny weather in most countries.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:16:53 am by Fordy »

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
I live in Israel and we closed down early, now everything is starting to open up, even restaurants next week.
For the past two weeks people have been roaming the streets freely and it doesn't seem like there's a second wave coming (I hope), and it all definitely seems much less worse than we thought it would be at the beginning.
Anyway, what I'm saying is everyone should stay positive, I know it's different countries and different ways of handling this by the government, but at some point there will be control over this.
Stay safe everyone.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Is the higher increase because some countries have eased lockdown restrictions?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I live in Israel and we closed down early, now everything is starting to open up, even restaurants next week.
For the past two weeks people have been roaming the streets freely and it doesn't seem like there's a second wave coming (I hope), and it all definitely seems much less worse than we thought it would be at the beginning.
Anyway, what I'm saying is everyone should stay positive, I know it's different countries and different ways of handling this by the government, but at some point there will be control over this.
Stay safe everyone.

Thanks pal. It's really tough here because we didn't lockdown early and the slowness to do things is still continuing. It's been an utter shambles and unfortunately 35k people have died.

Take for example 2 weeks ago the government said they will be airport quarantine. These plans still haven't been put in place and now we have an airline saying they're flying from 15th of June.

Track and trace app still not done.

We're still talking about lack of testing and PPE here.

So, so slow and its killing people.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah I would have thought but that blows out the summer weather thought as it's still spreading.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

I think it's mostly down to the US and Brazil. Two massive countries that have dealt with it poorly and that are going through a potential peak at the same time. They accounted for around 40% of the cases yesterday.

No country that has properly relaxed or left lockdown has suffered a significant rise (yet), from what I can tell?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
McNasty's Drive-Thru opened in Sutton today, here's the queue...

https://twitter.com/WillGav/status/1263087142290554881

I really don't get that. I've enjoyed eating some great home cooked food during the lockdown, if anything eating well every day has made me miss this sort of food even less, I didn't used to eat it a lot but it'll likely be even less so after this. I enjoy cooking, but I've tried to do things I wouldn't normally, like making my own shortcrust pastry, homemade drinks, puddings, the elephant in the room is that cooking isn't that hard. What's the rush to go back to eating crap? Not everything you ever make yourself is 100% healthy (the pastry springs to mind) but If you can't get inspired to eat well/learn to cook now, when will you?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:09:11 am by butchersdog »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I would have thought but that blows out the summer weather thought as it's still spreading.

From a UK perspective, I believe the 'weather' will have an impact.  It always suprises me what a large impact it has on economies.
I think there is little doubt that cases spreading outdoors are very limited, but I don't think I'd be risking an outdoor gig or sporting event. Begin indoors makes it much easier to spread the virus. 
I believe the weather itself (ie hot ) doesn't hamper the virus. Humid may do as the droplets bearing the virus fall to earth faster(though I may be wrong there, otherwise it would be less humid and more just rain perhaps).
However in the UK the weather encourages us to be outdoors more.  In very hot countries, people shelter indoors.
The lockdown has kept people indoors of course, but not able to spread outside their household and now workplaces.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I really don't get that. I've enjoyed eating some great home cooked food during the lockdown, if anything eating well every day has made me miss this sort of food even less, I didn't used to eat it a lot but it'll likely be even less so after this. I enjoy cooking, but I've tried to do things I wouldn't normally, like making my own shortcrust pastry, homemade drinks, puddings, the elephant in the room is that cooking isn't that hard. What's the rush to go back to eating crap? Not everything you ever make yourself is 100% healthy (the pastry springs to mind) but If you can't get inspired to eat well now, when will you?
Some of it is the kids though. McNasty's is often used as a 'treat' , or a reward. So the kids associate it with positive thoughts. I know home cooked food is tastier and should be considered more of a treat, but it's not a treat for the adult that's finished a 12 hour shift, has homework , housework , bath and bedtimes to sort to then have to prepare said treats. And then clear up afterwards.
That said. Chocolate cornflake cakes, 1 pan, 1 spoon , ten minutes....

Online butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
Some of it is the kids though. McNasty's is often used as a 'treat' , or a reward. So the kids associate it with positive thoughts. I know home cooked food is tastier and should be considered more of a treat, but it's not a treat for the adult that's finished a 12 hour shift, has homework , housework , bath and bedtimes to sort to then have to prepare said treats. And then clear up afterwards.
That said. Chocolate cornflake cakes, 1 pan, 1 spoon , ten minutes....

I get what you're saying re: kids. I've not been able to work from home during the lockdown, but granted, I don't have any kids. Doubt that's everyone who's queueing though. There's probably an interesting debate around setting healthy behaviours for kids re: treats that aren't processed foods when they're young, but it won't belong in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:22:15 am by butchersdog »

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan

I think they were hoping the virus spreads less in the summer as less people get colds and flu and aren't sneezing and coughing as much.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
I think they were hoping the virus spreads less in the summer as less people get colds and flu and aren't sneezing and coughing as much.

Coupled with UV light killing it on surfaces faster

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Coupled with UV light killing it on surfaces faster
Yes when you listen to the experts its the UV that seems to be the most important aspect.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.