Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 969660 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2019, 05:18:06 pm »
you know that Liverpool have his replacement lined up ?
Assuming everything goes to plan the Rangers Manager will take over some time between 2025-26
I'm 100% convince of this without any insider knowledge, it makes so much sense.

I highly doubt it’s even entering their thinking at the moment.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2019, 05:19:39 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/alderhey/status/1205523988274962432

Great that.

Klopp renewing until 2024 when the face of football possibly changes forever ( European Super League shit) and he can't be arsed with it anymore

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2019, 05:23:30 pm »
Wow just seen this news, have gone from feeling awful due to you-know-what to feeling elated in an instant!

Absolutely loving the sound of this in particular “The plan is to make it the best time of our life. It was not too bad till now but we don’t feel that it could not be better so let’s try to make the best time of our lives. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the journey."

Fucking get in, boss tha

As he'd made a deal with his family to quit in 2022, I wouldn't be holding any hope whatsoever that he will continue beyond 2024...and I personally wouldn't want him to as he will NEED a fucking rest after the energy he puts into his work, and the heavy weight of all those trophies he'll have won by then :)

first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
When you sign a contract now, you know there will be some difficult decisions to make in the future, but I really think after knowing the club so long now – and being responsible for it as well – that we are the right people to do that, not somebody else, a new manager coming in and making difficult decisions and people are not happy with it, then the whole project gets a little setback. That’s not necessary. I really think we are the right people to do that in the next, for now, four-and-a-half years. We are pretty much in the middle of the contract. It’s cool. We are ready for that. We know about the situation and we are ready to face the situation and sort it where necessary.

Looks like Kloppo's really looking to the long term. Already thinking ahead to eventually rebuilding the team. Through circumstance, one of the few challenges he's yet to achieve.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2019, 05:32:10 pm »
Wow just seen this news, have gone from feeling awful due to you-know-what to feeling elated in an instant!

Absolutely loving the sound of this in particular “The plan is to make it the best time of our life. It was not too bad till now but we don’t feel that it could not be better so let’s try to make the best time of our lives. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the journey."

Fucking get in, boss tha

As he'd made a deal with his family to quit in 2022, I wouldn't be holding any hope whatsoever that he will continue beyond 2024...and I personally wouldn't want him to as he will NEED a fucking rest after the energy he puts into his work, and the heavy weight of all those trophies he'll have won by then :)

He made a promise that he'd take a break when he leaves Liverpool - it wasn't a set date, just with the contract being up then, that was the date assumed, cos I think many had become convinced he wouldn't sign a new deal!  I agree though that I'd not want him to carry on if he needs a break! But he'll do it when he's ready. This will be his final club job.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »
An amazing man, in stark contrast to our political overlords. I've always wanted to believe that our managers are good human beings, and most of them have been, but with Jurgen it's so obvious. We're very lucky.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2019, 05:34:20 pm »
Assuming everything goes to plan the Rangers Manager will take over some time between 2025-26
I'm 100% convince of this without any insider knowledge, it makes so much sense.

An ex-red who managed rangers, putting his own stamp on the club? I'm feeling queasy already.

Anyway, when Jürgen finally retires around 2040, if you haven't won one of the major leagues or a champions league, you're not getting on the long list, never mind the short list.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2019, 05:36:11 pm »
With Gerrard and Klopp both signing extensions till 2024, I've seen quite a few people put two and two together and come to the conclusion Gerrard will be Klopp's successor. But I wouldn't put it past Klopp extending his contract further still in the future. Because it's clear as day to me Klopp has caught the bug, he's fallen in love with Liverpool Football Club and I think he's going to find it very hard to leave.

Not that it matters much as 5 years is a long time, but right now I think Ljinders should be way, way ahead of Gerrard as Klopp's successor.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2019, 05:42:38 pm »
Can you hear the collective wave of groans coming out of old Trafford,  Etihad and Goodison park? 
Guardiola must be thinking - time to think of an exit plan soon 😂😂

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2019, 06:26:53 pm »
The best news a gal can get.

*positive flounce and shows them I'm a slimcea girl*

Up, up and away ...
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2019, 06:42:26 pm »
Fantastic news. Didn't expect this either, was convinced he was off in 2022.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #571 on: December 13, 2019, 06:55:40 pm »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2019, 07:09:48 pm »
So surprised about this, but fucking made up! Huge statement of intent as Klopp said himself. Get in!!!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2019, 07:27:18 pm »
Good news today.

All the new contract stuff, and I married Mrs Verbose! ;D
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2019, 07:30:51 pm »
It's sad  nice to know you're spending your wedding night with us on RAWK and not your new missus.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #575 on: December 13, 2019, 07:39:31 pm »
Good news today.

Congrats. Hope you score.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: December 13, 2019, 07:41:29 pm »
Don't scream " Back of the Net" though.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #577 on: December 13, 2019, 07:42:39 pm »
Great news!  One more extension until 2030 please.

Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #578 on: December 13, 2019, 07:45:57 pm »
What a couple of days for news. 

Besides his professionalism and leadership, I think Klopp loves having an old workhorse like Millie around that he can point to and say, "look at James, he's in his mid 30's and he's still out running you lot".  Consistently helping to set an example for the rest of the squad.

Almost forgot, Klopp also wants to ensure he has the proper roomate for Sancho the next couple of years.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:48:26 pm by cipher »
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2019, 07:57:06 pm »
we gave him the extension too soon before seeing positive impact on the team, i just hope this doesn't become a new Solksjaer story. ;)

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #580 on: December 13, 2019, 08:01:36 pm »
we gave him the extension too soon before seeing positive impact on the team, i just hope this doesn't become a new Solksjaer story. ;)

Worrying Times.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: December 13, 2019, 08:12:02 pm »
Marvellous, marvellous news.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 13, 2019, 08:13:34 pm »
Good news today.

Congratulations!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: December 13, 2019, 08:14:04 pm »
Good news today.

congrats brother

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2019, 08:14:51 pm »
It's sad  nice to know you're spending your wedding night with us on RAWK and not your new missus.

He's got the rest of his life to spend with his missus.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2019, 08:22:29 pm »
says the one with an average of almost 12 posts per day for the last 7 years  :lmao
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2019, 08:34:45 pm »
 ;D

It's not my wedding night and I'd be doing the same because I'm a sad bastard.  ;D

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2019, 08:39:18 pm »
It’s good to take a step back, and just realise how incredibly lucky we are to have this man at the helm. Without doubt the greatest in the world, who would be at any side, and he’s chosen us. We are in a privileged era as reds.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2019, 08:48:11 pm »
Such fantastic news this really! Was in a meeting and completely spaced out with a huge grin. Got a question but just had to be honest and admit I had no idea what they asked me.

Super happy to know Klopp will be a here another 4,5 years to continue what he has started. Hopefully he will pick up trophy after trophy as well!

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2019, 09:00:48 pm »

See this.  This is why i'm fucking delighted with today's news.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2019, 09:03:06 pm »
Might help us through most of the next 5 years, like Paisley did
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2019, 09:04:19 pm »
Ah well, there goes evertons chance of enticing him to the pit.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2019, 09:17:53 pm »
Thanks Klopp. Timing was perfect and brightened a dark day.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2019, 09:19:17 pm »
It’ll surely make us more attractive to potential signings knowing Klopp will be here for the length of their contract.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #594 on: December 13, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »
Apart from his clear love for the club and fans, I wonder if his decision is also because he now smells blood. He's slowly been working his magic on every aspect of the club, culminating in a team of mentality giants who can beat anyone and who've taken 73 points from the last 75 available.

He knows his formula and template works, just as it did at Mainz and Dortmund. He knows he has owners and staff that are all on the same page with one vision.

He also knows that not only are Spurs, Arsenal, Utd, and Chelsea still in transition, but that City are starting to stumble - their players and manager looking vulnerable and lacking that aura of invincibility. He knows that City are reliant on a core of ageing players, and that Guardiola might not stick around for the rebuilding job.

I think he knows there's an opportunity with this squad to dominate for 3-5 years whilst the others play catch up and City wrestle with the concept of being mere mortals. I think the Champions League win and 97 points silenced any critics and was a big weight off his (and the club's) shoulders, and that parade will have reminded him of just how much it all means. It's also classic Jurgen to announce the news when he knows Merseyside is feeling low, and the way he delivered that message was like he was talking to every fan individually.

What a time to be a red.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:22:14 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2019, 09:21:32 pm »
New Klopp contract + New Nike contract (value linked to shirt sales) + 3 years x CL revenue = Mega signing in the summer

Exciting times
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2019, 09:22:42 pm »
Yes!!! Get in fantastic news!!! There is no other manager i would want managing Liverpool FC then Jurgen Klopp!!! And we got him now until at least 2024. Hopefully longer.

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2019, 09:34:53 pm »
fantastic news, and should validate our current standing as one of football's major forces for years to come

on the topic of our current manager, we are all realistic enough to know that they are all judged on the silverware and if they stamp their name all over the game during their era, thats the true sign of success, and im so glad we got that with jurgen, with the european cup, a potential title on the way, if not more, playing the highest level of football. This is the best liverpool team i have seen in 35 years of support, i never thought i'd say that, and my all time fave before was 87/88 team

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: December 13, 2019, 09:47:49 pm »
Good news today.

Congratulations. Will raise a glass to you.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #599 on: December 13, 2019, 10:04:28 pm »
It's only when you consider all the shitsheads and bellends the masses vote into power that you learn how rare and valuable a really good, decent person like Klopp is. No word of a lie, I would want him to remain Liverpool manager even if were relegated. Some things are more important then mere material success. Players come and go, but the manager is part of the soul of the club. Klopp reflects what I perceive as the soul of the club, or what I would want it to be.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D