Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12294102 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99240 on: March 17, 2019, 01:55:16 pm »
Well done mini Reds. Let's hope the first team repeat the win.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99241 on: March 17, 2019, 02:12:06 pm »
Get in young reds

Is the final over two legs?
Theyve changed it to one. We'll be away to city or wba

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99242 on: March 17, 2019, 02:47:49 pm »
Theyve changed it to one. We'll be away to city or wba

Well that seems unfair

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #99243 on: March 17, 2019, 06:26:35 pm »
what's up with jan hoever?

injured? with the first team?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #99244 on: March 17, 2019, 08:49:20 pm »
Who got the goals today?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99245 on: March 17, 2019, 08:50:17 pm »
Who got the goals today?
Glatzel got both of them mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #99246 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:03 pm »
Well that seems unfair

Same with the youths champions league

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #99247 on: March 18, 2019, 09:07:42 pm »
Glatzel got both of them mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks Debs.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99248 on: March 22, 2019, 08:38:11 pm »
Looking at the FA website, Adam Lewis wasn’t even among the list of unused subs for the Eng U20 March yesterday.  Hope he’s not injured.  Meanwhile Rhys Williams played his debut match for the U18s, along with Bobby D, and Curtis who came on late. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99249 on: March 22, 2019, 08:52:14 pm »
Looks like Glatzel was called up to the Germany u18 side but pulled out

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #99250 on: March 24, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »
From the highlights it looked like we probably should have scored a few more, Duncan had numerous chances but it wasn't his day it seems. I found his reaction when Glatzel scored his second goal a bit worrying, he desperately wanted to claim that goal and didn't look very happy about the team scoring. I've seen that tendency in him before, I know he's a goal-scorer but he needs to develop his teamwork. That's one of the things that impresses me the most about Glatzels game, he's just doing what's best for the team, setting up Duncan in particular, even though he's a goalscorer he's not all about scoring goals. Probably why he wears that armband as well.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99251 on: March 24, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »
From the highlights it looked like we probably should have scored a few more, Duncan had numerous chances but it wasn't his day it seems. I found his reaction when Glatzel scored his second goal a bit worrying, he desperately wanted to claim that goal and didn't look very happy about the team scoring. I've seen that tendency in him before, I know he's a goal-scorer but he needs to develop his teamwork. That's one of the things that impresses me the most about Glatzels game, he's just doing what's best for the team, setting up Duncan in particular, even though he's a goalscorer he's not all about scoring goals. Probably why he wears that armband as well.

Also noticed this - needs to get that attitude changed if he wants to make it in the first team. Him looking at the ref and pointing to himself and asking if it was his goal was a bit desperate. Who cares? You have a shit ton of goals already this season so its not like you need it for confidence. Be happy your ahead in a semi-final game.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99252 on: March 24, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »
Also noticed this - needs to get that attitude changed if he wants to make it in the first team. Him looking at the ref and pointing to himself and asking if it was his goal was a bit desperate. Who cares? You have a shit ton of goals already this season so its not like you need it for confidence. Be happy your ahead in a semi-final game.
Goal in front of the kop? Can understand caring as a kid

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99253 on: March 24, 2019, 09:21:37 pm »
Kellegher and Masterson both started for Ireland today the latter at CB, we won 3-0.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #99254 on: March 24, 2019, 10:11:55 pm »
Curtis Jones won player of an international u18 tourny that England finished second in

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99255 on: March 25, 2019, 02:29:11 pm »
Looks like Glatzel was called up to the Germany u18 side but pulled out
Through injury or didn't want to be there? Strange he isn't getting called up to the underage England teams.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99256 on: March 25, 2019, 02:33:35 pm »

I only seen the highlights but it looked to me like he thought his crossed the line so it was his goal.  He didn't look unhappy the team scored in them. He celebrated on the floor when Glatzel got the first from what I seen so hard to say he didn't look happy about the team scoring.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99257 on: March 25, 2019, 02:51:53 pm »
I've just been looking through the various underage international squads and Man City have the England under 17 first choice keeper on their books (Louie Moulden who left us), the England u17 second choice keeper and the Welsh u17 first choice keeper. I know their facilities are amazing but you'd think parents will start to get turned off en masse by their player hoarding. I know we got Camacho from them and Sancho left but there must be a load more due to leave soon. It's not like Pep is giving many of them a chance.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99258 on: March 25, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »
I've just been looking through the various underage international squads and Man City have the England under 17 first choice keeper on their books (Louie Moulden who left us), the England u17 second choice keeper and the Welsh u17 first choice keeper. I know their facilities are amazing but you'd think parents will start to get turned off en masse by their player hoarding. I know we got Camacho from them and Sancho left but there must be a load more due to leave soon. It's not like Pep is giving many of them a chance.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99259 on: March 25, 2019, 04:16:45 pm »

Those three won't have even signed a pro deal yet though

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #99260 on: March 25, 2019, 04:19:36 pm »
Lol don't be so naïve.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99261 on: March 25, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
Moulden did when he turned 17, think signing a pro deal, seeing how things are in a year then threatening to leave/force a move if things arent looking great is what we'll see more of. Gives the players some security whilst keeping some leverage before their first long term deal.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99262 on: March 25, 2019, 04:59:37 pm »
Lol don't be so naïve.

I know how shit works thanks mate, City aren't giving life changing amounts of money to 17-year-olds in their first pro contracts and the days of buying houses for parents and employing their dads for no-show jobs is gone since FIFA started cracking down on youth transfers. I'm questioning if/why parents are willing to sacrifice their kids' future for the short term gain of a bigger first contract if it risks them not playing and progressing enough to earn a second contract anywhere. I'm just amazed they or more pointedly their advisors haven't learned the lesson of he generation of lost kids at Chelsea.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #99263 on: March 25, 2019, 06:46:51 pm »
I know how shit works thanks mate, City aren't giving life changing amounts of money to 17-year-olds in their first pro contracts and the days of buying houses for parents and employing their dads for no-show jobs is gone since FIFA started cracking down on youth transfers. I'm questioning if/why parents are willing to sacrifice their kids' future for the short term gain of a bigger first contract if it risks them not playing and progressing enough to earn a second contract anywhere. I'm just amazed they or more pointedly their advisors haven't learned the lesson of he generation of lost kids at Chelsea.

Yes they are in lots of cases, it's one of the big problems when you listen to youth coaches do interviews.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99264 on: March 26, 2019, 12:29:37 am »

Don't forget Ireland u21 goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu who has already players senior football in the Irish league and just gone 17 also so the same age as those you have mentioned. Just a month younger than Moulden.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #99265 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:42 am »
Yes they are in lots of cases, it's one of the big problems when you listen to youth coaches do interviews.

And considering how City are being investigated for dodgy payments to an agent who facilitated Sancho's move to them form Watford, goodness knows how many other sneaky payments are being paid to get these players. City don't care, as they know they will continue to get away with it. And money talks. Lots of these kids likely wont even end up having long careers, and most will not make it to the highest level where the big money is. You can understand why parents would be swayed.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99266 on: March 26, 2019, 11:38:57 am »
And considering how City are being investigated for dodgy payments to an agent who facilitated Sancho's move to them form Watford, goodness knows how many other sneaky payments are being paid to get these players. City don't care, as they know they will continue to get away with it. And money talks. Lots of these kids likely wont even end up having long careers, and most will not make it to the highest level where the big money is. You can understand why parents would be swayed.

Exactly this.  It may be deplorable to stock pile talent like they do but you can totally understand why parents would be happy to send their kids there.  If they are smart with the money they make they'll be set up for life, or at least have a nice head start, whether they make it as professionals or not. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99267 on: March 26, 2019, 11:06:33 pm »
Herbie kane in the league 1 team of the year. Wilson nominated for football league young player.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99268 on: March 27, 2019, 11:23:12 am »
Rangers face battle to sign Ryan Kent from Liverpool

Rangers are facing a battle to sign Liverpool loanee Ryan Kent on a permanent deal, according to Sky sources.

The 22-year-old has impressed at Ibrox since joining on a season-long loan from Liverpool in the summer, scoring five goals and providing four assists in 21 Scottish Premiership matches.

Sky sources understand Rangers are unlikely to secure Kent on another loan deal, with Liverpool's preferable option to sell.

Kent, who signed a new long-term deal with Liverpool in August 2017, is valued at around £7m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11676305/rangers-face-battle-to-sign-ryan-kent-from-liverpool
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99269 on: March 27, 2019, 12:34:07 pm »
The way I read one headline earlier it was as though we were asking for £40m.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #99270 on: March 27, 2019, 01:54:10 pm »
Coming up soon for the U19's

Liverpool FC Accepts Invitation to Dr Pepper Dallas Cup’s 40th Anniversary Tournament
Premier League side returns to Dallas Cup for the first time since their victorious run in 2008

DALLAS, Texas (Thursday, Jan. 17) – The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup, the oldest and most prestigious international youth soccer tournament in the United States, has announced that Liverpool FC will compete in the Gordon Jago Super Group at the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup’s 40th Anniversary Tournament this April.

With the 2018/2019 Premier League underway at the senior and U18 levels, Liverpool is hoping for a banner year. Liverpool’s first-team currently sits atop the Premier League table, and the U18 Liverpool side is in first place in the North Division of the U18 Premier League.

The 2019 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup will mark the second Dallas Cup appearance for Liverpool. In the club’s lone appearance in 2008, The Reds hoisted the Super Group “Boot and Ball” championship trophy after a 3-0 win over Tigres in the final. During their title run, Liverpool was dominant throughout, scoring 26 goals while conceding just three. Liverpool hopes to become the first English side to win two Super Group championships since the elite bracket was created in 1990.

Liverpool FC’s academy is considered one of the most successful in world soccer, producing a myriad of top flight players over the years. Current academy standouts Bobby Duncan and Paul Glatzel are tied for second in goals scored in the U18 Premier League this year, each bagging 12 goals in as many matches. Former Liverpool academy graduate and 2001 Ballon d'Or award winner, Michael Owen, played in the 1992 Dallas Cup as a young boy growing up in Wales.

One of the most successful English clubs of all time, Liverpool hopes to add to their impressive trophy room this year. Liverpool has won five European Cups, which is more than any other English side, 18 league titles, and seven FA Cups.

Liverpool FC is the third team announced for the 2019 Gordon Jago Super Group. They join fellow Premier League side Arsenal FC and Mexico’s Tigres in the elite bracket. The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup’s 40th anniversary tournament will be played April 14-21, 2019. Keep up to date with more news at www.dallascup.com and follow us on Twitter @dallascup.

Also in the U19 Super Group are MLS development sides New York City FC ( current US Soccer Champs), FC Dallas ( former Champs), FC Toronto, along with  Ikapa Sporting FC from South Africa, Queretaro FC Mexico, Villerreal FC Spain ( currently top of their youth league),  Cruzeiro EC 2018 Copa do Brasil champion.

There are a total of 12 sides. Split into three groups of four. Group winners and best second place side create the semi finals. So the club that wins this plays 5 matches in 9 days.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #99271 on: March 27, 2019, 03:52:17 pm »
So you're saying Dr Pepper is healthy to drink right?

The more competitive games for the youth the better :)

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99272 on: March 27, 2019, 03:55:10 pm »
Any chance you could crop out the left hand side of that pic?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99273 on: March 27, 2019, 04:20:25 pm »
Any chance you could crop out the left hand side of that pic?
He only showed up for the Final and helped to hand out the trophy.

I went to every match back then. He never even came over to our end where we had about 100 Liverpool supporters there cheering the lads on in the Final.

All the lads came over after the trophy presentation.

A blast from the past....The squad from 2008:

Liverpool FC Squad

1/31 Dean Bouzanis–from Australia

2 Stephen Darby–from Liverpool

3 Emiliano Insua–from Boca Juniors Argentina

4 Mikel San Jose–from Athletic Bilbao Spain

5 Ronald Huth–from Tacuary FC Paraguay

6 Martin Kelly–from Bolton

7 Daniel Ayala– from Sevilla Spain

8 Steven Irwin– from Liverpool

9 Jay Spearing– from Liverpool

10 Gerardo Bruna– from Real Madrid, Argentinian by birth

11 Ray Putterill–from Liverpool

12 Ryan Flynn–from Scotland

14 Ryan Crowther–from Stockport County

15 Gary MacKay Steven– from Scotland

16/17 Craig Lindfield–from Liverpool

Not played yet due to passport problems
Peter Gulasci from MTK Hungaria, Hungary
Krisztain Nemeth from MTK Hungaria, Hungary
Andras Simon from MTK Hungaria, Hungary

I started a thread on that back then with some match highlight reporting:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=207876.msg3795826#msg3795826

I won't be attending this years Tournament. Moved from Dallas area and instead will be in the UK for Chelsea and Cardiff City matches.. 8)  :P

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #99274 on: March 27, 2019, 04:29:20 pm »
Are you still in the States?

27+ years me-self, in the Detroit area.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #99275 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:43 pm »
That Mackay Steven is probably Aberdeens best player

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99276 on: March 27, 2019, 04:58:22 pm »
Are you still in the States?

27+ years me-self, in the Detroit area.

Way out west now..lol

Been here 50 years... :o

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #99277 on: March 27, 2019, 05:03:58 pm »
<snip>

Not played yet due to passport problems
Peter Gulasci from MTK Hungaria, Hungary
Krisztain Nemeth from MTK Hungaria, Hungary
Andras Simon from MTK Hungaria, Hungary

I started a thread on that back then with some match highlight reporting:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=207876.msg3795826#msg3795826

I won't be attending this years Tournament. Moved from Dallas area and instead will be in the UK for Chelsea and Cardiff City matches.. 8)  :P

As a total aside, but Peter Gulasci has developed into a very good goalie, I've watched a lot of him the past 2 or 3 years, and he's a good 'un. 

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99278 on: March 27, 2019, 07:23:46 pm »
As a total aside, but Peter Gulasci has developed into a very good goalie, I've watched a lot of him the past 2 or 3 years, and he's a good 'un.

Was he here early enough to count on our HG quota - he would make an awful lot of sense as a back-up GK if does?

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99279 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »
Was he here early enough to count on our HG quota - he would make an awful lot of sense as a back-up GK if does?
He is first choice for a team in 3rd place in Germany and if not playing in the Champions league next season playing in the Europa. Why would he move to a club where he is never going to play?