Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278239 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - Ole’s at the wheel…
« Reply #22480 on: October 25, 2021, 01:09:56 am »
They should go out there and hire someone experienced. Someone who is expert at football and who knows his shit. Someone who has worked with big players and knows how to manage big egos.

I'm thinking Van Gaal.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #22481 on: October 25, 2021, 01:30:40 am »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #22482 on: October 25, 2021, 01:35:35 am »
;D

Tony’s good craic, doesn’t hide when they lose.

Enjoying ya birthday Capon?  8)
haha of course. Im just joshin with him like he is with us ;D

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22483 on: October 25, 2021, 01:38:37 am »
Heard a stat I didn't quite believe, so checked it out and its true.  Man U have led in the league for FEWER minutes than Burnley so far in the season - in 9 matches, they have held the lead in matches for a total 139 mins (55 mins vs Leeds, 0 mins vs Saints, 10 mins vs Wolves, 39 mins vs Newcastle, 1 min vs WHU, 0 mins vs Villa, 22 mins vs Everton, 12 mins vs Leics, 0 mins vs us), Burnley have held the lead for 201 mins (71 mins vs Brighton, 0 mins vs us, 0 mins vs Newcastle, 25 mins vs Leeds, 7 mins vs Everton, 0 mins vs Arsenal, 70 mins vs Leics, 0 mins vs Norwich, 0 mins vs City, 28 mins vs Saints).  You wouldn't know Burnley were in the bottom 3 on 4 points, and MU 10 points ahead by that stat!  Heck, Newcastle seem to have spent 140 mins in the lead themselves (not including the 5 mins in injury time between their 2nd and Saints' equaliser) and they've also only got 4 points. 

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22484 on: October 25, 2021, 01:43:35 am »
Heard a stat I didn't quite believe, so checked it out and its true.  Man U have led in the league for FEWER minutes than Burnley so far in the season - in 9 matches, they have held the lead in matches for a total 139 mins (55 mins vs Leeds, 0 mins vs Saints, 10 mins vs Wolves, 39 mins vs Newcastle, 1 min vs WHU, 0 mins vs Villa, 22 mins vs Everton, 12 mins vs Leics, 0 mins vs us), Burnley have held the lead for 201 mins (71 mins vs Brighton, 0 mins vs us, 0 mins vs Newcastle, 25 mins vs Leeds, 7 mins vs Everton, 0 mins vs Arsenal, 70 mins vs Leics, 0 mins vs Norwich, 0 mins vs City, 28 mins vs Saints).  You wouldn't know Burnley were in the bottom 3 on 4 points, and MU 10 points ahead by that stat!  Heck, Newcastle seem to have spent 140 mins in the lead themselves (not including the 5 mins in injury time between their 2nd and Saints' equaliser) and they've also only got 4 points.

Everton were in the lead for 78 minutes this weekend, but lost by three goals. It shows how you can’t get complacent. Treat the 90th minute like the 1st. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #22485 on: October 25, 2021, 01:46:10 am »

The Manchester Utd reddit has closed for a bit - too many people taking the piss apparently.

More likely they're all kicking off against their manager, the Glazers, arranging to storm their own ground again, or just being entitled embarrassing morons...

:lmao
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22486 on: October 25, 2021, 01:50:38 am »
The Class of 92 sequel is looking shit.

Featuring that hillbilly inbred Scholes shagging his daughter, the exploits of Keane and the Neville brothers pesky adventures into management and the hero of Barcelona turned into the main villain of the piece.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #22487 on: October 25, 2021, 01:51:07 am »

They make no mention of their 12th player that helped them achieve that? All those penalties that won’t them matches.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22488 on: October 25, 2021, 01:52:34 am »

Then we lost one of about the next seventy games  :lmao :lmao :lmao :champ :champ :champ
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22489 on: October 25, 2021, 02:05:16 am »

Remember when Spurs dismantled us in 2017? We turned everything around after that. Ole can do the same.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #22490 on: October 25, 2021, 02:19:42 am »
I've waited my entire life for that.

Can only imagine what it must have been like in the away end.

Glad I put this on record before the game.

I consider that a twatting. :D

It was. Well in Nick lad. ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #22491 on: October 25, 2021, 02:20:54 am »
This is just all so fantastic.

United fans need to zoom out.  Decompress.  One swallow does not make a Spring. The mans got a new contract, how can you let little 5 and 9 game wobbles here and there detract from all the progress Moves the been made. Money has been spent. Remember how chaotic it all was before Ole steadied the ship. You've got to at least see out the season now. don't give it giggsy no not that. Let them gel at their own pace.

hhaha  Those poor mad bastards are stricken     If it weren't for all the years of suffering the reverse position poorly id feel bad for them. Every last one of them expected a title challenge this year.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22493 on: October 25, 2021, 03:13:38 am »
Some mental shouts for next United manager on 606

Steve Bruce
Martin O'Neill
Chris Coleman(!!!!)
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22494 on: October 25, 2021, 03:57:18 am »
Some mental shouts for next United manager on 606

Steve Bruce
Martin O'Neill
Chris Coleman(!!!!)

Timing. Looking for a job since yesterday.Would never have played 2 in midfield.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #22495 on: October 25, 2021, 04:34:31 am »
https://twitter.com/rudkin_abigail/status/1452367274338304008?s=20

:lmao

ole said with quiet reverence as a gentle tear welled up in his eye 'they're still behind me, micky, they're still behind me'

carrick quietly whispered uncomfortably 'it's the liverpool fans.....'

'bugger'
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #22497 on: October 25, 2021, 05:25:59 am »
I've waited 40 odd years for this day, totally humiliated them at Old Trafford in front of the whole world.
That had it all, Ronaldo losing the plot, then thinking he's pulled one back only for it to be disallowed, Booed off at half time, Pogba sent off, fernandes substituted, Maguire shitting himself, the camera outside the ground showing hordes of them going home and Solksjaer looking like he was going to start crying. Perfect.

It was nearly worth all the Ferguson years just for today  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #22498 on: October 25, 2021, 05:55:18 am »
I don’t think Solskjær is a good manager, but I think Man Utd fans will get surprised if they think they’ve «got the players». There might be some players who would be good enough under another manager/circumstances, but at the end of the day there are too many with a weak mentality. Also, their defence is crap.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22499 on: October 25, 2021, 06:13:17 am »
They're going to hire simeone aren't they?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22500 on: October 25, 2021, 06:21:50 am »

I don't think they would tolerate his brand of football. Also think Simeone will struggle if he can't call on that small club siege mentality he has at Atletico.

I reckon Conte or Zidane are more likely, however, I wouldn't be surprised by a out of the box choice like Southgate or Bruce.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22501 on: October 25, 2021, 06:34:38 am »
Stuntpegg has done her match vlog of the game today and she's in the Stretford End where the Natives are restless.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw4J9aOTN00" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw4J9aOTN00</a>

"Paul Scholes said it was going to happen, in-between licking his daughters toes..."  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22502 on: October 25, 2021, 06:35:34 am »
Michael Owen "Player for player, there is not a huge difference"

WTF?

Maybe he misspoke and meant player after player on their team sheet rather than comparing with us there's not a huge difference, go down their team sheet and they are all shite.   ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22503 on: October 25, 2021, 06:40:33 am »
I don’t doubt it. Maguire and Wan-Bissaka also looked like good players before the joined M** U, it must be something in the water.

It is slightly different with those two, they suited the way their previous sides played with less ambition and expectations on defenders, Pogba is simply a passenger at united that needs other players to do the work for him to look any good and that's a problem for them as he's hardly the only one like that in their team.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22504 on: October 25, 2021, 06:43:25 am »

No way Ronaldo would allow that. He's not interested in pressing or actually moving unless it's for a chance to score. The c*nt.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22505 on: October 25, 2021, 06:45:17 am »
I don't think they would tolerate his brand of football. Also think Simeone will struggle if he can't call on that small club siege mentality he has at Atletico.

I reckon Conte or Zidane are more likely, however, I wouldn't be surprised by a out of the box choice like Southgate or Bruce.

I agree with your thoughts on simeone. But on the surface he does enough to be appointed. They aren't renowned for making good appointments.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #22506 on: October 25, 2021, 06:46:02 am »
I don’t think Solskjær is a good manager, but I think Man Utd fans will get surprised if they think they’ve «got the players». There might be some players who would be good enough under another manager/circumstances, but at the end of the day there are too many with a weak mentality. Also, their defence is crap.

they're top heavy and then some, their defence is shocking at times and even when functional to a decent level are always liable to fuck up - and that's all across the backline, a good keeper but doesn't command his box and poor at playing out from the back, plus you have a weak as fuck 'defensive' midfield element that can't play ball, doesn't track runners and thus has no connect to the front half of the team

the front half doesn't believe in defending from the front, bruno being an exception but one out of four doesn't work, neither wide forwards (they're not wingers, they see themselves as strikers) track back and their main man up front is a statue unless you feed him but wide forwards aren't feeding, they're out for goals themselves, bruno continually gives the ball away as he's always trying something, which when it comes off looks fantastic but his % play is poor and he plays way too high, and we're back to the problem of a disconnect to the back half of the team

in short they're at best a counterattacking team (which could be effective for results but the fans dont like it) but lately as it's not working since ronaldo has come in (it's not him per se, it's lack of creativity to the striker) ole appears to have settled on 4-2-4, career suicide in our league

or i could've just said they're a fucking mess and the signing of ronaldo (as many here has said and predicted somewhat) has exacerbated their problems

and the real turd in the punchbowl is a very poor manager and coaching team, what the fuck they do all week i have no idea cos they're absolutely clueless on the pitch, there is no team

do they have individual good players? of course, but most aren't as exceptional as the fan base think - rashford is a perfect example of that, high ceiling but he's not progressing, has he really added anything to his game since he started in the first team? i'd argue he hasn't, very dangerous on his day and even when playing poor can pull something out of the bag but he aint reaching that ceiling if that coaching set up remains

greenwood the same, less further along in his career and for me has a higher ceiling than rashford but like rashford, i dont see progression, i see him doing what he has always done, again like rashford.

bruno comes with plenty of pluses but a lot of minusis too - there's a reason he's not an auto starter for portugal

ronaldo is quality in the box but a liability out of it, he offers next to nothing outside of the box apart from his experience and presence, which can be a huge bonus to a team but again, he brings a baggage of sorts that can hinder a team and i'd argue it's doing that now (all roses when he can get his goal but added pressure all round when it's not going well)

i can't be arsed with the pogba debate but six years at utd has reaped very little, i'll leave it at that

shaw is a decent left back on his game and was exceptional for a season

de gea is a top keeper but flawed in areas

cavani is a top striker, still, and for me their best player but at the wrong end of his career

no one else is worth mentioning, apart from saying sancho getting the VDB treatment at the moment, so the jury is out, and Varane i haven't seen enough yet to see where he's at, he's not the Varane of real madrid years back cos he hasn't been that best version of himself for a while anyway, but he's still good but im not sure how good

if a top quality manager came in im sure he could set them up in a way to get a tune out of them and get some results but that squad as it is isn't winning a league, of that i have no doubt,  a cup they could, a league, no chance

their fans think man for man they have a better squad on paper, they are wrong, and the longer they dont realise that is all good to me
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:54:25 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22507 on: October 25, 2021, 06:47:48 am »
I think either Fat Sam or Steve Bruce could do a job for this lot.......at centre back.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #22508 on: October 25, 2021, 06:49:13 am »
I agree with your thoughts on simeone. But on the surface he does enough to be appointed. They aren't renowned for making good appointments.

Simeone leaving Atletico for United now is about as likely as Klopp going to Barcelona.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22509 on: October 25, 2021, 06:55:07 am »

The media (outside of Neville) have finally turned on Ole, so clearly united will want somebody to change that back, Southgate is the obvious choice with his "proven" record of getting the best out of Maguire etc too, they simply have to pay whatever it takes to pay off his england contract.  ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22510 on: October 25, 2021, 06:55:40 am »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22511 on: October 25, 2021, 06:59:53 am »
Should have watched it Rob.

I did in the end 😂
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #22512 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:58 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mTxDGq1qZb8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mTxDGq1qZb8</a>

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #22513 on: October 25, 2021, 07:31:56 am »
I think it's going to be Conte since Zidane at the very least doesn't want to speak English in public. I've sensed from his conversation with Shearer a few years ago that he understands well, but I doubt he wants to take on an English team unless he'd feel completely comfortable with it.
Linudden.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #22514 on: October 25, 2021, 07:38:46 am »
Are Utd gonna announce stadium upgrades again today?

Fucking hell you know times are bad when Utd go full Everton!  ;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22515 on: October 25, 2021, 07:42:40 am »
Not banter. Ronaldo is a flop and should be dropped. That's not because he isn't a great player. His achievements speak for themselves.

He was signed to take them forward but has actually set them back.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #22516 on: October 25, 2021, 07:44:12 am »
 :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22517 on: October 25, 2021, 07:50:59 am »
The problem they’ve got is that internally, those that have the ear of those inside the club and a section of their support want what they had before. They want a manager who will build with them, will stay for a long time and will do it all in some mythical “United way”.  Or at least pretend that he’s evolved the United way, or something.  They think they’re better than a short term mercenary like Conte. They’re “not like Chelsea”.  If someone like Conte comes in the likes of Scholes etc will be at them from the beginning like they were with Mourinho.

The larger proportion of their fans who are Ole out, Glazers out…everybody out, just want success and they want it yesterday.  They haven’t got the patience for someone to build and be successful in 3-4 years.

There is no one candidate that can fulfill both those roles and unify the club.

What a pity.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22518 on: October 25, 2021, 07:51:10 am »
Not banter. Ronaldo is a flop and should be dropped. That's not because he isn't a great player. His achievements speak for themselves.

He was signed to take them forward but has actually set them back.

Doesn’t fit into any sort of system, it’s like he’s just been told to go out and goal hang. Don’t worry about pressing or even breaking into anything more than a light jog, just be in the right place to score goals. When the midfield are so bang average, it doesn’t help at all that they don’t get any defensive support from the front. Also puts a lot of pressure on the 3 behind the striker to do all the work, with Ronaldo just stood still screaming for the ball.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22519 on: October 25, 2021, 07:51:10 am »
Just remembered they signed Ronaldo this summer and started howling laughing again brewing the coffee.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."