Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 173828 times)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2014, 06:39:22 pm »
He was poor today, lets to many crosses into the box, gets caught out of position far to often and looses to many 50/50 challenges. It may be unpopular but he looks like a real liability.

Offline random22

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »
Adam is not even a winger yet it is ridiculous how comfortable he was against Cissokho down the wing.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2014, 06:46:26 pm »
He was poor today, lets to many crosses into the box, gets caught out of position far to often and looses to many 50/50 challenges. It may be unpopular but he looks like a real liability.

There's this comment and the Adam comment. Remember it wasn't Adam playing on the wing. Stoke overloaded that side, how could anyone expect cissokho to deal with all of them
No decent chance even came from that side
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:55 pm »
Enrique should be back soon enough...when is he expected?

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »
There's this comment and the Adam comment. Remember it wasn't Adam playing on the wing. Stoke overloaded that side, how could anyone expect cissokho to deal with all of them
No decent chance even came from that side

That's one of the downsides of Coutinho, he gave VERY little support to cissokho in a mirror of what Sterling was doing to their leftback in the first half. They rectified it, we didn't so he was made to look bad (given that he's no Flanaghan!)

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:39 pm »
Poor today. Sooner Flanno or Enrique comes back, the better.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:28 pm »
He was probably our best defender out there today which tells us a lot about our defence at the moment.

Fantastic assist for the first goal  ;)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »
Enrique should be back soon enough...when is he expected?

Everton game I think
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:04 pm »
Woeful, rubbish going forward and can't defend either, always out of position, hope he's sent back to Valencia ASAP, nothing against the lad he's just not very good

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »
I'm bricking it every time he has possession of the ball. His positional sense and tracking back is as poor as anything I've ever seen. Gets into forward areas decently, and them seems to just walk back, almost as if he's forgotten what he's in the team to do.

I wasn't expecting much of him when he arrived, but I honestly didn't expect him to be this poor of a player. 3rd choice behind Flanagan, who isn't even a left back, says everything. I hadn't seen much of him prior to this, so is there someone in here who has seen him before for Porto or Valencia? Has he always been this, um, not-good? Or has he just sharply declined?

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
This may not be popular opinion but I think that was his best game for us. He was really physical in the first half and stopped a lot of their play down his side
He didn't have much help so was restricted in his forward play. Definitely some signs of improvement there. He has 5 months to really prove himself.

Christ he must of been utter dogshit if this was his best game, come on, what game where you watching? total liability and gets a nosebleed as soon as he gets within a mile of their goal...woeful player

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »
So... where is Enrique?
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:38 pm »
Offers precious little going forward and is really average to poor defensively. Another bad loan.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:58 pm »
Adequate cover, thats about it.

offers very little going forward and in all honestly is average at best in defence.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »
I think he tries hard actually, he's not the bravest or the most technical but at least the lad tries, which is more that can be said for the lad on the opposite side.

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »
I'm bricking it every time he has possession of the ball. His positional sense and tracking back is as poor as anything I've ever seen. Gets into forward areas decently, and them seems to just walk back, almost as if he's forgotten what he's in the team to do.

I wasn't expecting much of him when he arrived, but I honestly didn't expect him to be this poor of a player. 3rd choice behind Flanagan, who isn't even a left back, says everything. I hadn't seen much of him prior to this, so is there someone in here who has seen him before for Porto or Valencia? Has he always been this, um, not-good? Or has he just sharply declined?

exactly, i think Johnson must be smoking the same stuff Cissokho has too

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »
I'm surprised that he's copping so much flak considering the performance of our other full back (which has been poor for months now).

On the right hand side at least Sterling tracks back and tries to help out Johnson. Cissokho hardly gets any help from Coutinho.

He's was pretty average, but you can see he tries hard, and was no where near out worst defender today.

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
I think he tries hard actually, he's not the bravest or the most technical but at least the lad tries, which is more that can be said for the lad on the opposite side.

true enough mate, he does try without a doubt, Johnson is a disgrace at times, like his mind is totally elsewhere, (i wonder if he has family issues, marital problems etc?)  it would explain a lot anyway, he is lightyears away from the player he was..

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:44 pm »
Though I do think people are being a tad unfair on him..yes he was mediocre but hardly our worst defender out there

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2014, 07:05:57 pm »
I'm surprised that he's copping so much flak considering the performance of our other full back (which has been poor for months now).

On the right hand side at least Sterling tracks back and tries to help out Johnson. Cissokho hardly gets any help from Coutinho.

He's was pretty average, but you can see he tries hard, and was no where near out worst defender today.

It's because we know the ability that Johnson possesses. Whereas with Cissokho, I'm struggling to even see a decent player in there somewhere.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2014, 07:07:11 pm »
If people rewatch the game im sure they'll see how often he was outnumbered. Stoke scored 3 goals, a cross from Johnsons side, a sloppy pass through the middle then another cross from johnsons side. I really cant think of even a half chance that came from Cissohkos side.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:08 pm »
It's because we know the ability that Johnson possesses. Whereas with Cissokho, I'm struggling to even see a decent player in there somewhere.

Ability that he hasn't shown pretty much all season. Remember he was poor towards the back end of last season as well.

When does it stop becoming a poor run of form, and an actual problem for us? Cissokho was brought in as cover/competition for Enrique who unluckily got a serious injury.

Johnson is guaranteed a spot in the side no matter how bad he plays.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:43 pm »
There is one thing in this World Everton are better than us. And that's loans. Enrique hurry up please
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2014, 07:09:16 pm »
Decent performance for essentially a 3rd choice left back. Could end up being a valuable piece of business by the end of the season when we send him back to Valencia.

Offline dublinred101

• Thread closer.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quasimoto
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2014, 07:09:35 pm »
The First player I've ever seen charlie adam outrun.
Mosquito

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:09 pm »

I'm not gonna jump on the Flanagan band wagon but you can see crisp direct passes into feet with, for all of Johnsons qualities this was never a strong suit. I think we'll be looking at this with any new recruits

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
If people rewatch the game im sure they'll see how often he was outnumbered. Stoke scored 3 goals, a cross from Johnsons side, a sloppy pass through the middle then another cross from johnsons side. I really cant think of even a half chance that came from Cissohkos side.

Stoke had plenty of joy down our left flank.  Sorry, but I think you need to re-watch the game.  GJ was quite poor also but nothing new there.  It was just poor all round from the defense. 

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »

Re-watch that first half then. Nearly every cross that came into our penalty area was from our left, every corner kick from there as well. Yes, he was outnumbered. But he was targeted, and for good reason as well. When you've got Charlie Adam constantly running at you and putting crosses in, then you've got a problem.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »
His lack of ability in possession and the mind numbingly shit Johnson ruins the whole system, we can't push up or keep the ball very long especially with Gerrard in the team because as soon as Gerrard gets pressed his only options today were Lucas, Henderson or spinning 180 into more trouble.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »
Made Charlie Adam look class
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2014, 07:21:44 pm »
Re-watch that first half then. Nearly every cross that came into our penalty area was from our left, every corner kick from there as well. Yes, he was outnumbered. But he was targeted, and for good reason as well. When you've got Charlie Adam constantly running at you and putting crosses in, then you've got a problem.
Considering what you said, with which I fully agree, Cissokho has clearly improved his game. No, he's not yet playing up to good LB standards, but Cissokho of two games ago would not have been able to cope with Adam at all.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:29 pm »
Considering what you said, with which I fully agree, Cissokho has clearly improved his game. No, he's not yet playing up to good LB standards, but Cissokho of two games ago would not have been able to cope with Adam at all.

Improved? Yes. Still not good enough? Also yes. The Cissokho against Arsenal would have absolutely been destroyed tonight, so he did do much better. But I still maintain that coming back from an offensive position he is even worse than Johnson (which takes some doing), and that's something that form has nothing to do with. He just seems like a disaster waiting to happen every time he's in the team.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »
Aly has played worse than that this term,its an improvement to what he has shown to date but way off what we should expect.

Rightly pointed out he has lacked support.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »
The only player I've seen get ripped by Charlie Adam.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »
Improved? Yes. Still not good enough? Also yes. The Cissokho against Arsenal would have absolutely been destroyed tonight, so he did do much better. But I still maintain that coming back from an offensive position he is even worse than Johnson (which takes some doing), and that's something that form has nothing to do with. He just seems like a disaster waiting to happen every time he's in the team.
I agree with that. As I see it, both Cissokho and Johnson are liabilities when coming back from attacking positions, and this stretches the midfield. But Johnson is helped by Sterling quite a bit, whereas Coutinho isn't running back to cover and isn't applying himself physically to impede the opposition progress. He tries to steel the ball instead, which sometimes works, but in most cases you just need to stop progress to allow the rest to reorganize.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
Is this the new Glen Johnson thread ? I must be the only guy who thought he was ok... At least he stopped a few crosses going in, which unfortunately can't be said about the right fullback...

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:32 pm »
He's shocking let's be honest. He's the only option right now so we will have to suck it up until Flanno/Enrique return.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »
He was challenged by Adam, but once humungous D was put on the left, his pace caused them all sorts of problems.

You've got to see it in that perspective.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »
The only player I've seen get ripped by Charlie Adam.

Oh yeah that was just fucking embarrassing.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »
He's really just kind of a turnstile and when he's going forward the ball seems to get stuck under his feet a lot.  I would hazard most people thought Flanno was done at this club and to have people hoping he recovers quickly to start playing instead of Aly is all that needs to be said.  The young LB that shined so much at Porto seems long gone.