Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399543 times)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #16680 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:23 pm »
Proud of the team with how we’ve progressed this season and we still have a final to play.

We lost out by 1 point to the best ever squad that’s played in the premier league. Both teams have pushed each other all the way, so congrats to city.

Hopefully we can add a couple of quality players in the summer so that we can continue to grow and compete, as no doubt city will push the Financial Fair Play to their limits once again and sign a few.

Gotta be proud of what the owners and manager has done over the last few years. They’ve not just walked into an established team and pumped even more money into it unlike some!

On to Madrid we go.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16681 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:50 pm »
Reasons for Pessimism:

1. It'll be extremely difficult to get close to 97 points again while City have shown they can consistently get to that level

2. We were quite fortunate with injuries particularly to the front 3 who were never out for a prolonged period, a quality back up is needed there not just in case of injuries but as an alternative option off the bench.

Why would it? We'll strengthen over the summer and we can do it again.

Ox will be back and our front three don't really get that many injuries.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16682 on: May 12, 2019, 05:55:01 pm »
Unbelievable season 97 points is incredible. But that was incredibly hard to take today, you have to question what more we really could've done or improved on. Fucking hate that city team as well Bunch of slimy c*nts.

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16683 on: May 12, 2019, 05:55:15 pm »
arrggg 1 point....just a tiny winny tiny point.  Well done to City to maintain their momentum. 

Cant wait for Madrid now and to the next season

Yes, What a season, so far,  the football for the majority of the time has been awesome, and it ain't over yet :)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16684 on: May 12, 2019, 05:55:25 pm »
I AM SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM.

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

Well said. Love each and every one of these players. They deserve more,but shouldn't be too dejected as they will be on The other side of this in no time at all.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #16685 on: May 12, 2019, 05:57:06 pm »
I enjoyed the season and what the Manager and team have achieved this season.....

What a fucking stupid thing to say.... happy and fulfilled!!! Just because some felt we had lost a great opportunity..... it doesn’t mean we don’t love and support this club just as much as others.

What a boring place this would be if everyone had the same view on everything!!!

We are all different, all love and hate different things in life, some pessimistic some optimistic

Here’s a challenge for you next season..... try and come up with something constructive and original if someone happens to disagree with your view on life.
I'm not saying you didn't enjoy it but you'd have enjoyed it much more if you'd not been so negative.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16686 on: May 12, 2019, 05:57:16 pm »
Today's a day to celebrate how well this team played for a season.  Anything else can wait.  On the whole it's pretty amazing, best I've ever seen. 

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16687 on: May 12, 2019, 05:57:59 pm »
What a season this is! Nothing but love and respect for our lads

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #16688 on: May 12, 2019, 05:59:14 pm »
It will always be tough now, I imagine Man City will spend another 200-300M and nothing will be said.

They spent 200M last year and ended up 2 points worse off.

We did brilliant to push them all the way.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16689 on: May 12, 2019, 05:59:35 pm »
Tuesday gave me renewed hope but knew it would be a tough ask on the last day against Brighton.

Fair play, they had a go and for a minute or so was exciting but city are too good for them.

Realistically we did as much as can be expected . 97 points is an unbelievable haul that other clubs can dream about. Only this city team has done it twice.

The draws didn’t cost us, you get the odd bum result in a season. We either lost it because we couldn’t beat city in the head to heads or...  the other clubs, especially the other top 6, really fell short in giving it a go against city.

The table shows how far we and city were from everyone else. So many teams just gave up trying to play city and hoping to contain them. In hindsight too I think if city were still in Europe it would have affected them, but you can’t win them all and we will have to console ourselves with number 6 instead of number 19.

:thumbup nice one gamble

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16690 on: May 12, 2019, 05:59:40 pm »
I'm not saying you didn't enjoy it but you'd have enjoyed it much more if you'd not been so negative.
Can’t help it...... I’m 52, a grumpy old man  ;D

Who got the a Golden Sambas out of interest

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16691 on: May 12, 2019, 06:01:57 pm »
Not even dissapointed anymore since we have a CL final to look forward to. Win that, and we trump anything City manages to do this season (or in their whole history).

Loved the reactions of the team after the game too. No tears, no collapsing on the pitch. Just some dissapointment, shaking of hands, hugs and one last YNWA from the crowd. We go again next season. The aim will be to win all 38 games.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16692 on: May 12, 2019, 06:02:28 pm »
Well done Redmen, enjoyed watching you this season.

Now let's batter these lot in the final.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16693 on: May 12, 2019, 06:02:46 pm »
Short answer:

We go again.

Longer answer:

I think like many, I made peace with this a while ago. Absolutely no reason to disappointed or ashamed. We went to toe to toe with an absolutely corrupt machine. Overall, I think I'll call this the Kompany Title. Not only did he live a charmed life against us in the only game we lost, but smashing in a once in a lifetime goal brought them that title. 

And no, there is no credit or fair play to City. They are the most corrupt sporting organization in the history of sport, funded by a country, and beholden to absolutely no rules. Waiting to hear about their punishment from UEFA...There is a reason why no one actually cares when they win anything, because they represent everything that is wrong with money and corruption in sports. Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds are my idols too!

On another note, I hope VAR somehow improves the standard of refereeing next season. The referees were absolutely diabolical this year. We had a few rub of the greens, but wouldn't be surprised if we come out near or at the top of the most affected by terrible calls table again, the two non-reds vs. City and Leicester being one side of title defining moments.

Lift your head up reds. Once we lift #6 in a few weeks, and get a few reinforcements this summer, we are ending next season on top.

These next years will be for the history books. What a time to be a red! 8)

YNWA

Offline chrisevry

• Main Stander
« Reply #16694 on: May 12, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »
Can't have done much more chaps. Lost one game all season and finished second to the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the game who have won 14 consecutive games during the run in. 🤷‍♂️ The team have been amazing.

Let's win old big ears now.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16695 on: May 12, 2019, 06:06:38 pm »
What a ride the 2017-2018 season was. If I'd been told we'd finish the Premier League with 97 points I'd have laughed. What a team this group of players is.

And one more game to go! C'mon you Redmen!

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16696 on: May 12, 2019, 06:07:38 pm »
Awesome season. Cheers for the dreams and the memories lads, you did us proud. Win the big one and it'll be even better.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #16697 on: May 12, 2019, 06:09:36 pm »
Imagine being that much of a silly c*nt you come on your supposed teams forum to point out you got it right 14 or 15 games ago on the day your supposed team lost the league whilst a lot of fans are deflated, emotions are running high etc About a team that's pulling off miracles. A team you supposedly fucking support

But cos your upset you were called a fucking bed wetter due to the fact everything you post is negative and miserable, and you indeed are a fucking bed wetter and ,not a self titled realist like you seem to think you are you deluded bellends you need to get in there with that chip on ye shoulder to point out

"TOLD YE"

Fuck off ye silly twats I'm fucking sick of reading ye shite

Any ways..... UP THE FUCKING REDS AND JIB THESE FUCKING MISERY ARSES OFF
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16698 on: May 12, 2019, 06:10:23 pm »
Imagine being that much of a silly c*nt you come on your supposed teams forum to point out you got it right 14 or 15 games ago on the day your supposed team lost the league whilst a lot of fans are deflated, emotions are running high etc About a team that's pulling off miracles. A team you supposedly fucking support

But cos your upset you were called a fucking bed wetter due to the fact everything you post is negative and miserable, and you indeed are a fucking bed wetter and ,not a self titled realist like you seem to think you are you deluded bellends you need to get in there with that chip on ye shoulder to point out

"TOLD YE"

;D :scarf

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16699 on: May 12, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »

"TOLD YE"

Hahahahaha boss this.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16700 on: May 12, 2019, 06:12:16 pm »
We’ll fucking walk it next year.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16701 on: May 12, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »
What a ride the 2017-2018 season was. If I'd been told we'd finish the Premier League with 97 points I'd have laughed. What a team this group of players is.

And one more game to go! C'mon you Redmen!

2018-2019 wasn’t bad either ;)

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #16702 on: May 13, 2019, 09:30:52 am »
What a season. 97 Points, 1 loss all season, and yet still wasn't enough. That's just absolutely crazy and you can't fault the team with them stats. Next season WE GO AGAIN.... but still some unfinished business left... number 6 is coming home!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16703 on: May 13, 2019, 09:39:40 am »
Well done to the boys. We were very unfortunate.

We go 7 points clear then at the turn of the year we play City straight away. I believe if that game was say in March we would of gone on to win the title.

Also we had to play two of a main rivals in UTD and Everton back to back. It did seem City were unchallenged after their defeat to Newcastle but credit to them.

For us to achieve 97 points is amazing. All the other teams in the league should be embarrassed to see two teams with 98 & 97 points.

Proud. I believe

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16704 on: May 13, 2019, 09:41:24 am »
I really hope for the health of the Premier League that City don't get close to 100 again next season.

If we aren't going to win the league next season then I hope City get 100 points and win all the domestic cups.

The league will get as boring as fuck pretty quickly. It may spur the authorities into looking at why a team can keep on putting up close to 100 point seasons when hardly any teams has ever got close to that tally in the previous 120 odd years.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16705 on: May 13, 2019, 09:42:31 am »

We go 7 points clear then at the turn of the year we play City straight away. I believe if that game was say in March we would of gone on to win the title.

100%. When games come is such a weird factor as you play everyone twice and all that, but we played them at home at the wrong time too - right in the middle of a crazy run of fixtures for so early in the season [PSG, Napoli, chelsea away, city all bunched up].

Then the leicester game as well, bizarre as it sounds play that on a night the pitch isn't covered in snow and I think we win that. Play Everton 2 games later and we probably win that too. It's totally intangible like as it's something you can't have any control over.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16706 on: May 13, 2019, 09:42:57 am »

My favourite is the back to back titles of 2020 and 2021.

*climbs back into Delorean*

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16707 on: May 13, 2019, 09:44:26 am »
Best Liverpool team I've seen in my lifetime. Man City cannot continue to be (near) perfect forever. Teams will strengthen. Our younger players will mature. We have plenty to look forward to. :scarf
YNWA.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16708 on: May 13, 2019, 09:45:06 am »
If we aren't going to win the league next season then I hope City get 100 points and win all the domestic cups.

The league will get as boring as fuck pretty quickly. It may spur the authorities into looking at why a team can keep on putting up close to 100 point seasons when hardly any teams has ever got close to that tally in the previous 120 odd years.

They won't do anything. They'll marvel at it.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #16709 on: May 13, 2019, 09:46:11 am »

I'm settled after yesterday.

I'm also very, very proud of the boys, sorry, the MEN in Red.

Yes, our Jan/Feb was shite. It didn't derail us completely, by that time it was still only us and Manchester City in it really (spuds floating around but, meh...), but it did kick us in the plums.

Nevertheless, we went on our third (?) 8-match unbeaten run (THIRD RUN!!!) and tried our best.

It didn't happen. Gutted.

But in JK and our team, we have a solid base for greatness.

We aren't going anywhere. 'Cept up that fucking hill...

WALK ON...
'Nuff said...

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16710 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:26 am »
Not taking into account the fact we sell very well, so our net spend is far lower .. If you just look at squad cost, theirs is about £220m more than ours.

Imagine us having another £220m worth of talent in our squad. Proud.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16711 on: May 13, 2019, 09:52:47 am »
Can’t help it...... I’m 52, a grumpy old man  ;D

Who got the a Golden Sambas out of interest

Trent and Virgil
YNWA.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16712 on: May 13, 2019, 10:06:26 am »

"TOLD YE"

Well said mate.

I know everyone is disappointed and upset but anyone looking to point score, apportion blame or wanting to give it the 'told you so's' at the moment needs to wind their neck in.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16713 on: May 13, 2019, 10:20:32 am »
I fancied a rant about the negative fuckers but came to the realisation that they don’t matter. This team isn’t for them. They might as well be Harchester United fans such is the emotional effort they put in. They don’t matter next season either, or over the summer  :)

Just point and laugh when you see them missing out on what this team is providing us with
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16714 on: May 13, 2019, 10:24:42 am »
Still baffled given the stats - best defence, 1 defeat, best goalie and 2 of our players sharing the golden boot.

Once City had got past Spurs I didn't see them dropping any points.

Really hope we can keep the momentum going.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16715 on: May 13, 2019, 10:27:03 am »
Well what I meant was given how last season was I'd never believe how far we'd go this season  ;D
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16716 on: May 13, 2019, 10:39:43 am »
When we dropped points 8 points in quick succession I was livid. Thought we'd thrown it away. Particularly in the games against United and Everton, where we looked happy with a point. But then we won 9 in a row and we beat Spurs and Chelsea in the process, amongst some other tricky fixtures. Plus we almost certainly over performed our 'expected' points total over the course of the season. We did absolutely brilliantly to run it so close, and it basically came down to 5 points dropped to Man City in our 2 games against them. Given City's December and January never would I have expected them to win 14 in a row, and it's to their credit that the players held their nerve. They may be financial cheats but money doesn't magically give you the steel to grind out 14 wins on the bounce as we've made them do.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16717 on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:30 am »
Watched the match at the King Harry yesterday. Great atmosphere and just what the doctor ordered. After the final whistle the whole place just turned into a massive sing and dance, a real celebration of what the boys have achieved this season. I went home absolutely buzzing and ready for Madrid.

A few people have tried to needle me this morning about us not winning the league but I just can't stop feeling positive about this team. We are favourites to win the European Cup in less than a month.

City are running out of places to hide. The wobbled over the line in the end and they know they'll have to be perfect next season to beat us.

We're only going to get better. Our best players are much younger than theirs. They need to buy to stay at this level, we don't. But will anyway. We are a much more exciting prospect for players. We are box office.

We are Liverpool.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16718 on: May 13, 2019, 10:48:27 am »
What an incredible season. Before I get on to us and our brilliance, a word on City.

Personally I see it split. The club has clearly broken all sorts of financial rules which allows them to have an incredible squad, packed full of great players. This in turn ensures that even though De Bruyne misses most of the season that it’s essentially unimportant. The depth of their attacking options means they can play through 3 full domestic competitions without fatigue and form becoming an issue. It’s a ridiculously talented squad with one the world’s best managers with unlimited funding. On the other hand, that squad, those players, that manager have been put under immense pressure, and having a, probably corrupt oil-bank rolled group of owners does nothing once they’re out on the pitch. The way those players have won 14 on the bounce, fair play. They've been under immense pressure due to our performances. I thought they'd fail to win at least one league game. I think, hand on heart, the moment I didn't think it was going to happen was the 1-0 vs Spurs after that CL exit. If they drop points there I'm convinced we win this league.

--

I just want to talk about Liverpool now. The best Liverpool team, manager and squad that I've seen in my lifetime. 97 points and back to back Champions League finals confirms that beyond doubt in my mind. Moments of adversity overcome, development occurring in-front of our eyes.  Winning 30 games from 38. Losing once. A goal difference of +67. Sixty Seven.

I’m not sure how many games of footy I’ve actually been able to enjoy this season. Weirdly most of the ones I have were during the CL campaign! In the league it’s been a slog since day one. Going up against City you know that you’re going to need at least 95 points to have a chance, it gives almost no room for manoeuvre. Insane how stressful watching us has been. Emotionally I've never experienced anything like this. Truly, it makes you feel alive.

These group of lads. Immense. No-one has been bad. There are probably 6 players - Allison, Robbo, Trent, Virg, Mane and Mo that you could make a genuine argument for as our player of the season. Each has been magnificent since day one. Others will argue that Gini could be in that group, and, if the season had started in January, Fabinho definitely would be. Henderson and Milner have played and contributed like the leaders they are. Keita looks settled and raring to go. Lovren has been there when needed. Gomez and Matip have played at an elite level at opposite ends of the season. None of these are older than 28 years old, Milner excepted.

Klopp. Hero. Calm, confident, positive, smart. Encourages his players, gives them belief, sends them out with instructions, rips into them when the level drops even a bit. Loves them. Believes in them. Backs them. Brings together a supporter base that has been divided and apprehensive for too long. Harnessed that power. Re-built a fortress. Impeccable.

Three weeks to rest. Three weeks to recover. Three weeks to remember our pain. Three weeks to feel our loss. Three weeks to focus. Three weeks to prepare. Three weeks to get angry.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:50:34 am by wige »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16719 on: May 13, 2019, 10:59:22 am »
Lots of people did....... but were apparently wetting the bed for thinking it!!!

AnD tHaTs tHe ReAl qUiz.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.