The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs

<< < (174/176) > >>

kavah:

--- Quote from: Dim Glas on April 14, 2023, 10:23:14 pm ---Wonderful gesture from Fulham boss Marco Silva and also Tom Cairney and Tim Ream who laid flowers at the memorial tonight.

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1646978884867375106?s=20

--- End quote ---

thanks for posting

morris8371:
Tottenham Fan from London here who is now 52 to give you my age perspective. 

My best mate is a Liverpool fan who moved from London to Liverpool in 1988.   He went to the match with school friends and his Father, I knew they were going to the match.  That day, I was watching Spurs play Wimbledon at Plough Lane when the announcement came up that there had been trouble at Hillsbough.  By the time I got home the death toll had increased so I rang my friends Mum, she said that she'd not heard from them.  To cut a long story short, my friends father had his ribs crushed, ended up in Hospital, my friend and his friends were able to get to the sides but aged 17/18 at the time, it was a terrible period for them all.  His father gave evidence at the inquest.  So as a fan of another club who has been to Anfield probably a dozen times, my thoughts are with everyone today, it is a time that I remember every year.

From a Spurs perspective, please remember that one of those who lost their lives that day was a Spurs fan, Colin Sefton, who like me, had Liverpool supporting friends and went to watch a game of football that he never returned from.  Gary Mabbutt our Captain at the time, attended his funeral on behalf of the club.  I also know that many older Spurs fans recall the Semi-final against Wolves in 1981 when, also in the Leppings Lane end, there was serious crushing that led to fans being let out and being sat round the pitch.  Those that were there certainly believe that it was just luck that what happended in 1989 didn't happen in 1981.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone today

Morris8371

kevlumley:
Morris8371, thanks for telling these stories. The facts, the reality and the truth that this could have been anyone going to a game of football and it should never be repeated.

I hope your friends and their Dad are ok. YNWA.

Barneylfc∗:

--- Quote from: morris8371 on April 15, 2023, 10:03:17 am ---Tottenham Fan from London here who is now 52 to give you my age perspective. 

My best mate is a Liverpool fan who moved from London to Liverpool in 1988.   He went to the match with school friends and his Father, I knew they were going to the match.  That day, I was watching Spurs play Wimbledon at Plough Lane when the announcement came up that there had been trouble at Hillsbough.  By the time I got home the death toll had increased so I rang my friends Mum, she said that she'd not heard from them.  To cut a long story short, my friends father had his ribs crushed, ended up in Hospital, my friend and his friends were able to get to the sides but aged 17/18 at the time, it was a terrible period for them all.  His father gave evidence at the inquest.  So as a fan of another club who has been to Anfield probably a dozen times, my thoughts are with everyone today, it is a time that I remember every year.

From a Spurs perspective, please remember that one of those who lost their lives that day was a Spurs fan, Colin Sefton, who like me, had Liverpool supporting friends and went to watch a game of football that he never returned from.  Gary Mabbutt our Captain at the time, attended his funeral on behalf of the club.  I also know that many older Spurs fans recall the Semi-final against Wolves in 1981 when, also in the Leppings Lane end, there was serious crushing that led to fans being let out and being sat round the pitch.  Those that were there certainly believe that it was just luck that what happended in 1989 didn't happen in 1981.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone today

Morris8371

--- End quote ---

Cheers for posting that mate, all the best to you and those you know that have been affected.

JohnnoWhite:

--- Quote from: Thepooloflife on April 15, 2022, 07:25:17 pm ---Thanks for the kind words Paul.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BlackandWhitePaul on April 15, 2022, 12:39:07 pm ---I'm for truth, no matter who tells it.
I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.

Much love to family, loved ones and friends of the 97 killed through the actions of South Yorkshire Police on this day (April 15th) 1989.

I'm sorry.

RIP Brothers / Sisters.

--- End quote ---

I'm a lifelong Manchester United fan for over 70 years and I echo every single word of Paul's post here. The dirty lies told by that scab Tory paper and by that disgraced police force still stick in my craw to this day. God rest all those lost souls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version