Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1738729 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #16520 on: June 5, 2023, 10:14:53 pm »
2 that seem close to moves there so far are Christoph Baumgartner from Hoffenheim for around €30m and also Loïs Openda from Lens again around €30m.

Bumgardner?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16521 on: June 5, 2023, 10:22:10 pm »
Was the LFC thread locked because people were talking about their favourite console game? Of all the things to lock that thread, console games does the trick? Damn..
We actually had a fair bit of news today for the first time in ages with Mac Allister, Gabri Veiga and Thuram but everyone started talking about Street Fighter :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16522 on: June 5, 2023, 10:22:27 pm »
Crazy arse rumour saying we're going in for both Thuram's.  :o

Marcus would be a good Salah backup and we should make Lilian an honorary executive or something.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #16523 on: June 5, 2023, 10:40:29 pm »
Kendry Paez: Chelsea agree £17.27m deal for 16-year-old Independiente del Valle midfielder
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12896968/kendry-paez-chelsea-agree-17-27m-deal-for-16-year-old-independiente-del-valle-midfielder

Who the hell is Paez?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16524 on: June 5, 2023, 10:40:57 pm »

Marcus would be a good Salah backup and we should make Lilian an honorary executive or something.

General Football and Sport / Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« on: Yesterday at 11:55:54 am »
Thuram & Thuram -  Buy One Get One Free

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/06/01/liverpool-open-talks-with-22-year-olds-agents-star-set-to-cost-in-excess-of-e40m/

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/06/04/liverpool-enter-race-to-sign-16-goal-star-on-a-bargain/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16525 on: June 5, 2023, 10:41:44 pm »
Kendry Paez: Chelsea agree £17.27m deal for 16-year-old Independiente del Valle midfielder
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12896968/kendry-paez-chelsea-agree-17-27m-deal-for-16-year-old-independiente-del-valle-midfielder

Who the hell is Paez?
I hear he's great at getting his head up and dispensing

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #16526 on: June 5, 2023, 10:45:33 pm »
A
;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16527 on: June 5, 2023, 10:48:02 pm »

Okay great, so he’s good at sucking dick, what’s his footballing ability like?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16528 on: June 5, 2023, 10:54:52 pm »
Was the LFC thread locked because people were talking about their favourite console game? Of all the things to lock that thread, console games does the trick? Damn..
yeah very confusing timing. First time something is about to happen and people are actually getting along

And wow at that Chelsea deal. RIP that kids career though

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16529 on: June 5, 2023, 10:58:00 pm »
yeah very confusing timing. First time something is about to happen and people are actually getting along

One of the mutant ninja turtles probably reported it, but the thread was harmless. I mean it was better than bears or moaning about minebags

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16530 on: June 5, 2023, 10:58:57 pm »

Completely baffled at why it got locked. Don't see an issue with leaving it open, even if there is no news. Just let people waffle, how does it affect anyone?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16531 on: June 5, 2023, 11:00:17 pm »
I think one cry arse who was obviously bad at video games got it locked.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16532 on: June 5, 2023, 11:02:23 pm »
Completely baffled at why it got locked. Don't see an issue with leaving it open, even if there is no news. Just let people waffle, how does it affect anyone?

Not only that people are actually having quite a bit of fun with that for a change, instead of arguing and bickering, and personally attacking each other

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #16533 on: June 5, 2023, 11:03:33 pm »

Hold on.. we're not Chelsea-levels desperate!
If he's looking for a job... he can be the tea lady's assistant! ;D
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 11:06:21 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16534 on: June 5, 2023, 11:04:32 pm »

maybe because people where actually posting about transfers in the last few pages of it, but those posts where getting ignored and lost among posts that where about games, and someone who did complain got turned on by those posting about games.

Its one thing having a bit of fun, but it’s another having page after page full of ‘banter’ on a subject of likely little interest to most going into the thread, which means that the actual transfer posts where just being lost among it all.  But whatever rocks your boat I guess! It’s a big forum, i’m sure there is a thread somwhere about games, so they don’t have to cry!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16535 on: June 5, 2023, 11:20:08 pm »
DN you weren't good at video games were you?  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16536 on: June 5, 2023, 11:24:06 pm »

I’ll apologise to anyone who wanted to discuss transfers! Having said that, the thread had never been so harmonious. :D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16537 on: June 5, 2023, 11:24:27 pm »

We've found our culprit.

Stick to Pong, DG.  :D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16538 on: June 5, 2023, 11:40:36 pm »
maybe because people where actually posting about transfers in the last few pages of it, but those posts where getting ignored and lost among posts that where about games, and someone who did complain got turned on by those posting about games.

Its one thing having a bit of fun, but it’s another having page after page full of ‘banter’ on a subject of likely little interest to most going into the thread, which means that the actual transfer posts where just being lost among it all.  But whatever rocks your boat I guess! It’s a big forum, i’m sure there is a thread somwhere about games, so they don’t have to cry!

There's actually a whole sub-forum for video games, nobody seems interested enough in that game to actually create a topic on it though.  ::)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16539 on: June 5, 2023, 11:41:51 pm »

who knows, never played them, I might have been great!

You boys have plenty of threads you can go talk about your games in, leave the transfer thread to at least footy talk eh kids!

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16540 on: June 5, 2023, 11:41:59 pm »

Bet you're a right laugh at parties   ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #16541 on: June 5, 2023, 11:43:06 pm »
Poking the bear again, are we? ;D

Pssstt.. SF2 is for dolts! ;)
I'm a Neo-Geo fanboi...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16542 on: June 5, 2023, 11:44:17 pm »

Who the hell is Paez?

Chelsea's recent half billion plus spending spree has included quite a few youngsters, and I'd bet good money not one of them goes onto make any more than 20 appearances for the club.

17 million on a fucking 16 year old ffs.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16543 on: June 5, 2023, 11:47:19 pm »

Always enjoyed your posts but this one just is a pretty shit one imho of course. Everyone was in good spirits, getting along posting transfer news along with harmless fun about video games.. last few weeks we’ve had people fighting on there, people be accused of sexism, constant negativity and yet it remained opened. If ever there was a time to lock the thread it was then. So people posted about video games? We happily sit through Crosby Nick and Hazells awful jokes or Tepids shitty bear gifs.. Didnt realise consoles is what would throw the mods over the edge at a time where there are plenty of transfer rumours to get excited about. Ah well, I’m off to bed.. Goodnight Rawkites!

(The above post was not designed to cause any offence, especially to Nick, Hazell and Tepid, you folks contribute brilliantly to the transfer thread)
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 11:50:49 pm by rawcusk8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16544 on: June 5, 2023, 11:48:09 pm »
Chelsea's recent half billion plus spending spree has included quite a few youngsters, and I'd bet good money not one of them goes onto make any more than 20 appearances for the club.

17 million on a fucking 16 year old ffs.

First video games now Philip Schofield. Can you people not just stay on topic ffs.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16545 on: June 6, 2023, 12:07:08 am »

It's possible to do both. I know, shock, horror!

The chat had both transfer updates and people reminiscing about old school video games. Pages and pages? Give over

I suggested a transfer news only thread and hardly anyone posted on there

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16546 on: June 6, 2023, 12:26:24 am »
Always enjoyed your posts but this one just is a pretty shit one imho of course. Everyone was in good spirits, getting along posting transfer news along with harmless fun about video games.. last few weeks we’ve had people fighting on there, people be accused of sexism, constant negativity and yet it remained opened. If ever there was a time to lock the thread it was then. So people posted about video games? We happily sit through Crosby Nick and Hazells awful jokes or Tepids shitty bear gifs.. Didnt realise consoles is what would throw the mods over the edge at a time where there are plenty of transfer rumours to get excited about. Ah well, I’m off to bed.. Goodnight Rawkites!

(The above post was not designed to cause any offence, especially to Nick, Hazell and Tepid, you folks contribute brilliantly to the transfer thread)

This place is fucking bizzare!

I gave an explanation because someone asked - about the post after post after post about games drowning out the few people who posted about players/transfer/rumour whatever in the middle of it. End of story, or so I though, not that deep!
Yet these replies now to my explanation? Good god! I didn’t know how sensitive some of you boys are here!

But again - END OF STORY.   

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16547 on: June 6, 2023, 12:29:28 am »

I gave an explanation because someone asked - about the post after post after post about games drowning out the few people who posted about players/transfer/rumour whatever in the middle of it. End of story, or so I though, not that deep!
Yet these replies now to my explanation? Good god! I didn’t know how sensitive some of you boys are here!

The thread had gone largely off topic for like 4-5 pages so it got locked, as is the mods prerogative - it'll get opened again tomorrow no doubt. As you say, it really aint that deep.

On a different and on topic (for this thread) note, Chelsea have truly jumped the shark if they're paying nearly £18m for a 16 year old. Mind you how much did Madrid pay for Endrick? I do still think they've got a very promising squad but Boehly is like one of those 3 year olds who's gotten hold of an ipad and is racking up purchases on their parents credit card without them knowing.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 12:38:29 am by Haggis36 »

Offline Richie69

• Benefits from 20:20 hindsight because he owns a time machine and a perfect decision making brain.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16548 on: June 6, 2023, 12:46:21 am »
Why not just re-open the transfer forum (and individual threads)?  Seriously people talking random crap about players is half the fun.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16549 on: June 6, 2023, 12:46:50 am »

Pretty sure you're the sensitive one crying about people having a bit of a chat about video games - that's really not that deep.

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16550 on: June 6, 2023, 01:21:11 am »

Ironic  :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16551 on: June 6, 2023, 01:39:20 am »
Pretty sure you're the sensitive one crying about people having a bit of a chat about video games - that's really not that deep.

Considering the fact that video games have an entire sub-forum to themselves and transfer talk has two topics, it doesn't seem that unreasonable for that chat to take place somewhere that it would be on-topic though and that sub-forum would benefit from the traffic too.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16552 on: June 6, 2023, 02:07:07 am »
Considering the fact that video games have an entire sub-forum to themselves and transfer talk has two topics, it doesn't seem that unreasonable for that chat to take place somewhere that it would be on-topic though and that sub-forum would benefit from the traffic too.

I mean you can literally take any sub forum and watch each one veer into many different discussion points before they all come back on topic. The irony is, we're continuing this discussion here when we can be talking about non-liverpool transfers?

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16553 on: June 6, 2023, 02:15:34 am »
Manc gobshite Ogden reporting we’re still interested in Nunes.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16554 on: June 6, 2023, 02:33:02 am »

Would be very underwhelming especially against the calibre of players we've been linked to

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16555 on: June 6, 2023, 03:04:00 am »

I feel like he's hoping we are.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16556 on: June 6, 2023, 03:10:38 am »
we already have one nunez. but having another doesn't hurt.

how much would he cost though? we seem to be targeting players with release clauses.

already adapted to EPL and we all know what klopp and pep can do to a midfielder when playing to their strengths and of course with better players around him

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16557 on: June 6, 2023, 03:31:21 am »

It was strange timing, just as harmony had been established. Although someone did imply that Tekken was better than Street Fight and Mortal Kombat, which would've led to people kicking off if it hadn't been locked.

The only one suggesting it at the moment. I'm hopeful we've got bigger fish to fry.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #16558 on: June 6, 2023, 04:36:21 am »
we already have one nunez. but having another doesn't hurt.

how much would he cost though? we seem to be targeting players with release clauses.

already adapted to EPL and we all know what klopp and pep can do to a midfielder when playing to their strengths and of course with better players around him

It would because it turns out he isn't very good.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #16559 on: June 6, 2023, 10:38:38 am »
So Harry? Should he stay or should he go?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin