Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3076908 times)

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #78640 on: Yesterday at 01:45:40 pm »
Mané was no Mané when we signed him!

I'm sure many on here were moaning, carping and throwing soiled coaching manuals at Rawk screens!

I always like Mane I remember him at Southampton causing us problems. I remember Salah with basel in CL causing Chelsea problems before they signed him. Times I have seen Oise he doest wow me. Now he could turn out to be brilliant and i will admit I was wrong. Neto I like but guys always fuckin injured.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:51:36 pm by DiggerJohn »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78641 on: Yesterday at 03:36:32 pm »
No more trying to justify three at the back, get in.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78642 on: Yesterday at 03:55:47 pm »

Any manager who takes us back to 433 with the swashbuckling Robbo and Trent as fullbacks is a win win for me. I'm all on board that crazy train.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78643 on: Yesterday at 04:00:16 pm »

Wonder if thats what sealed it?

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78644 on: Yesterday at 04:04:32 pm »
Wonder if thats what sealed it?

As much as I know that's a joke, that legitimately may have been a big factor, asking how closely does he actually match us and our squad, and what level of change would be needed to suit us

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #78645 on: Yesterday at 05:10:33 pm »
Wasn't there also talks that he wants to be heavily involved in transfers where if he wanted a player then he wouldn't settle for alternatives. Also he plays with a 343 where we'd have likely needed another 2 centre backs, a left wing back and a holding midfielder. Maybe we just felt he needed too much of a squad rebuild to get the team playing the way he wants.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #78646 on: Yesterday at 05:46:49 pm »
As much as I know that's a joke, that legitimately may have been a big factor, asking how closely does he actually match us and our squad, and what level of change would be needed to suit us

Agree it could have been a factor. I wonder if new coach will be a 433 guy

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78647 on: Yesterday at 05:53:16 pm »
Agree it could have been a factor. I wonder if new coach will be a 433 guy

A certain Danish manager living in London plays 4-3-3

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78648 on: Yesterday at 06:49:45 pm »

I hope that's not how we think. The idea of continuity needs to be binned. We can't try and continue what we have without the most important piece of the puzzle.

Identify the best manager. Give him all the tools he needs and let him play however way he wants. 3-4-3, 7-1-2 or whatever he wants. Back to the drawing board if we have to.

Worst thing we can do is try play heavy metal without the mad German bastard.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:52:08 pm by PaleBlueDot »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78649 on: Yesterday at 07:05:48 pm »
I hope that's not how we think. The idea of continuity needs to be binned. We can't try and continue what we have without the most important piece of the puzzle.

Identify the best manager. Give him all the tools he needs and let him play however way he wants. 3-4-3, 7-1-2 or whatever he wants. Back to the drawing board if we have to.

Worst thing we can do is try play heavy metal without the mad German bastard.

The squad wasn't built for 3-4-3, it just wasn't

I don't think we have to play like Klopp, but if we don't have the players to shit Amorim and he is needing an overhaul to play his system, especially after just doing a midfield overhaul last year, it's a fair comment to be cautious about it

There's no reason to rip up the playbook at start again.

If we felt that Amorim couldn't work with our squad without major surgery it's fair for us to say look elsewhere

He isn't good enough to demand us uplifting a squad challenging for the title.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78650 on: Yesterday at 08:40:52 pm »
Sign Summerville ffs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78652 on: Yesterday at 09:27:08 pm »
And again. Mikey Edward’s laptop will love him.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78653 on: Yesterday at 09:27:39 pm »
Summerville increasingly interesting. Especially if Leeds stay in the Championship.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78654 on: Yesterday at 09:27:53 pm »
And again. Mikey Edward’s laptop will love him.

Would he fit in an Eddie Howe team?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #78655 on: Yesterday at 09:32:46 pm »

I don't think we have to play like Klopp, but if we don't have the players to shit Amorim and he is needing an overhaul to play his system, especially after just doing a midfield overhaul last year, it's a fair comment to be cautious about it

There's no reason to rip up the playbook at start again.

If we felt that Amorim couldn't work with our squad without major surgery it's fair for us to say look elsewhere

He isn't good enough to demand us uplifting a squad challenging for the title.

I feel like you could easily argue both sides of it being suited to 343 … some elements are, some aren’t
I’d be really surprised if that was the reason

Then again if nagglemsan, de Zerbi and Amorim all aren’t candidates I’ll be honest I don’t understand the criteria

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78656 on: Yesterday at 09:37:06 pm »
I feel like you could easily argue both sides of it being suited to 343 … some elements are, some aren’t

Then again if nagglemsan, de Zerbi and Amorim all aren’t candidates I’ll be honest I don’t understand the criteria

Feel like you will take the flak on this forum if the nerds get the next appointment wrong. They are your people.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #78657 on: Yesterday at 09:47:29 pm »
Feel like you will take the flak on this forum if the nerds get the next appointment wrong. They are your people.

They are … Just posted something in the manager thread
I think using analytics to recruit a manager is a part of the puzzle but fraught with problems if that’s all your using

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78658 on: Yesterday at 09:48:03 pm »
Sign Summerville ffs.

He's class.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78659 on: Yesterday at 10:11:35 pm »

I think it's less suiting it and how married he was to it.

If we had questions over Amorim because of other factors (like if he can make the jump, some of his tactics perhaps, his buyout clause, idk) and on top of it he is like "We have to play this way and I need all these players to do it" we may turn away. We may never know. That was certainly a difference between Klopp and Ancelotti, and we know in a better position to say don't rock the boat too much it isn't needed

De Zerbi seems to be he wouldn't suit the structure (i.e - he would cause too many fights with the nerds) and Amorim we don't know just that he didn't fit. Nagelsmann seemed to never really take off at all, maybe he didn't want it, maybe we didn't want him. Again we may never know.

I think it's obviously going to be a number of reasons what decision we make, but I wouldn't be shocked if one of them is compatibility to our squad (not even tactics, compatibility to how the squad is set).

We will probably know further down the line what's been up. Right now all we can do is pull stuff out our ass based on guesses or half information and innuendo

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78660 on: Yesterday at 10:18:06 pm »

Diaz - Nunez - Salah
Carvalho - Gakpo - Jota - Elliott

Koumas/Danns/Doak/Gordon

Robertson - Mac Allister - Szoboszlai - TAA
Tsimikas - Jones - Endo - Gravenberch - Bradley

Beck/Scanlon/Clark/Morton/McConnell/Ramsay

Gomez - Van Dijk - Konate
Van den Berg - Quansah - Bajcetic

Chambers

Alisson/Kelleher
Davies/Pitaluga

And that is without the summer additions ...
« Last Edit: Today at 12:25:37 am by PeterTheRed ... »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78661 on: Yesterday at 10:28:23 pm »
Diaz/Gakpo - Nunez/Jota - Salah/Elliott
Koumas/Carvalho/Danns/Doak/Gordon

Robertson/Tsimikas - Mac Allister/Endo - Szoboszlai/Jones - TAA/Bradley
Beck/Clark/McConnell/Gravenberch/Ramsay

Gomez/Van den Berg - Van Dijk/Quansah - Konate/Bajcetic
Chambers

Alisson/Kelleher
Pitaluga

And that is without the summer additions ...

It works by shoehorning players into sub optimal positions - Elliot doesn't work as well in the attack, Bajcetic isn't a CB. Even with doing that you have players way down the pecking order (Gravenberch).

And you say that's without summer additions, people were saying for his system to work we need a CB and a DM or the system just won't work.

It's unbalanced unless we play players in their position they aren't best suited for, and we need more players for it to work anyway.

It would need relatively big rebalancing.

But you could get it to work. There in comes the other potentially aspect - if Amorim in interview is saying "I need all these players right away to work" we may be raising questions ourselves

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78662 on: Yesterday at 10:37:34 pm »
It works by shoehorning players into sub optimal positions - Elliot doesn't work as well in the attack, Bajcetic isn't a CB. Even with doing that you have players way down the pecking order (Gravenberch).

And you say that's without summer additions, people were saying for his system to work we need a CB and a DM or the system just won't work.

It's unbalanced unless we play players in their position they aren't best suited for, and we need more players for it to work anyway.

It would need relatively big rebalancing.

But you could get it to work. There in comes the other potentially aspect - if Amorim in interview is saying "I need all these players right away to work" we may be raising questions ourselves

Elliott has played most of his career as a right sided attacker. Bajcetic has played most of his career as a central defender. Gravenberch or Carvalho could be the perfect No.10 in the 3-4-1-2 version of the 3-4-3. Our squad has a lot of talented players suited to the 3-4-3. Lets see first if our new manager will even use this setup ...

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78663 on: Yesterday at 10:40:35 pm »
Elliott has played most of his career as a right sided attacker. Bajcetic has played most of his career as a central defender. Gravenberch or Carvalho could be the perfect No.10 in the 3-4-1-2 version of the 3-4-3. Our squad has a lot of talented players suited to the 3-4-3. Lets see first if our new manager will even use this setup ...

It looks like it isn't Amorim so perhaps not

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78664 on: Yesterday at 10:43:26 pm »
It looks like it isn't Amorim so perhaps not

A lot of managers use the 3-4-3 these days, or a version of it. Whatever setup our new manager uses, we have a great group of young players to work with. The foundations are there ...

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Or you could get in a pragmatic manager who has shown willingness to play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, or even 3 at the back for a period with a club like Liverpool to great success. Rodgers was never shy to experiment …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Gordon done an interview with Neville
seems a really good lad and best friends with Jones

certaintly would take him at us

'Steven Gerrard was my football hero growing up,' he said on The Overlap. 'Coming from Liverpool, he was like a God in Liverpool, and he was unbelievable player.'

The ex-Liverpool captain is widely regarded as being one of the club's and Premier League's all time gretest midfielders, with Gerrard scoring 186 goals across 710 appearances for the Reds, while also guiding them to Champions League glory in 2005.

very interesting appears to be a red
« Last Edit: Today at 09:24:44 am by MD1990 »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Probably is a decent lad, I think he's hated mostly coz he can't stand up

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Gordon is a good player, I said at the time when he got signed by Newcastle for why looked like a big fee that he would end up being a good singing for them because he plays with pace and a lot of  intensity. As a wide forward in this league if you have those qualities you’re already off to a good start, now he’s added goals and final third contribution to that looks like he’s on the way to being a top player.

Would have him here but the fee would be extortionate.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

We’re not signing Gordon

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CaughtOffside@caughtoffside· 3h
🚨 EXCLUSIVE 🚨

🔴 Liverpool will be in the mix to sign Levi Colwill if Chelsea decide to sell this summer.

💥 FREE subscription to the Daily Briefing https://thedailybriefing.io/984a363f

Full story via @neiljonesgoal

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
🚨 EXCLUSIVE 🚨

🔴 Liverpool will be in the mix to sign Levi Colwill if Chelsea decide to sell this summer.

Interesting

Oh, nevermind

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
🚨 EXCLUSIVE 🚨

💥 FREE subscription to the Daily Briefing https://thedailybriefing.io/984a363f

More clickbait from Neil.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Getting the gang back together. Then we get Cucurella and Graham Potter. Relieve the heady days