Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1067046 times)

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #15560 on: April 17, 2021, 03:30:54 pm »
I know they're long gone, but I still can't believe Schalke will be playing in the 2nd tier next season, will be very strange to watch. Is Huntelarr going to stay on? Even at his age he'd do double figures in the 2nd tier.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15561 on: April 17, 2021, 03:39:48 pm »
I know they're long gone, but I still can't believe Schalke will be playing in the 2nd tier next season, will be very strange to watch. Is Huntelarr going to stay on? Even at his age he'd do double figures in the 2nd tier.

yeah it will be strange for sure, 1991 I think was the last time they where in Buli 2.  I hope fans will be back next saeson though, cos they will fill the stadium regardless!

I’m guesssing Huntelaar won’t be there, but no idea really. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s retiring.

Got the Gladbach vs Frankfurt game on, Gladbach holding on to an early lead so far.  And now Thuram had a great chance to make it 2, he should have really, but he dinked it wide.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15562 on: April 17, 2021, 03:56:38 pm »
Gladbach 3-0 up now, Bensabaini and Hoffmann with the goals this half, their new coach getting a beating  :P

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15563 on: April 17, 2021, 04:40:17 pm »
Bad day for Frankfurt, maybe all hope not lost for Dortmund in terms of top 4, but it's still unlikely IMO when you look at the way they've dropped points this season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15564 on: April 17, 2021, 05:16:45 pm »
Flick confirmed that he's leaving Bayern at the end of the season. So many changes for teams at the top next year with Bayern, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Gladbach, Leverkusen and potentially Leipzig having new Managers.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15565 on: April 17, 2021, 05:22:56 pm »
Flick confirmed that he's leaving Bayern at the end of the season. So many changes for teams at the top next year with Bayern, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Gladbach, Leverkusen and potentially Leipzig having new Managers.

it’s completly mad really, few games to go, and it seems half the teams have coaches at other teams  ;D

Flick leaving Bayern actually isn’t a big deal to them, I’m sure much will be made of it, but honestly, doubt it’s even causing them any grief, probably more a case of glad it’s now out there, so they can just plan ahead.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:24:50 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15566 on: April 17, 2021, 05:37:29 pm »
My team 1-0 up against effzeh. 6th minute.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15567 on: April 17, 2021, 08:57:01 pm »
it’s completly mad really, few games to go, and it seems half the teams have coaches at other teams  ;D

Flick leaving Bayern actually isn’t a big deal to them, I’m sure much will be made of it, but honestly, doubt it’s even causing them any grief, probably more a case of glad it’s now out there, so they can just plan ahead.

There is talk now of a possible „transfer fee“ of up to €15 million being possible. Which has already been commented on as „really bad publicity“ for Bayern if they ask the DFB for that. Rummenigger has always been forthright in Bayern‘s positive attitude towards the national team, so this might not go down well. Bookies favourite is of course Nagelsmann but RED BULL have loads of money too if they want a bit of a „war“

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15568 on: April 17, 2021, 09:55:35 pm »
There is talk now of a possible „transfer fee“ of up to €15 million being possible. Which has already been commented on as „really bad publicity“ for Bayern if they ask the DFB for that. Rummenigger has always been forthright in Bayern‘s positive attitude towards the national team, so this might not go down well. Bookies favourite is of course Nagelsmann but RED BULL have loads of money too if they want a bit of a „war“

So even though Flick is resigning, they think they can get a fee? Is it like a suggestion they don’t accept the resignation, but as they know Flick doesn’t want to be there, expect the DFB to pay? That would all be a bit unsavoury!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15569 on: April 18, 2021, 10:27:40 am »
Who would Bayern go for if Leipzig manage to hold onto Nagelsmann?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15570 on: April 18, 2021, 10:38:11 am »
Who would Bayern go for if Leipzig manage to hold onto Nagelsmann?
Ten Hag would make perfect sense if Nagelsmann isn't available imo. Former Bayern coach, has high enough reputation, and should be available.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15571 on: April 18, 2021, 11:10:17 am »
Ten Hag would make perfect sense if Nagelsmann isn't available imo. Former Bayern coach, has high enough reputation, and should be available.

Yeah, he was mentioned yesterday along with Jesse Marsch from Red Bull Salzburg. I'm not sure about him though and Red Bull might be really pissed off if both their trainers are are on Bayern's list of possibles.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15572 on: April 18, 2021, 01:49:53 pm »
For once, I can’t blame Bayern for being pissed off at Flick for going public with this. So much so they issued a statement to hit back at him - all very mess. He really could have just kept it quiet for a few weeks, seems very selfish to go public now.

Flick has shown his true colours in recent months. It’s mad how quickly he turned. He took over a fantastic squad, but in the first transfer window he was there for, he spat his dummy out. Can you imagine him here? :lmao

He just comes across as a bit of a spoilt brat.  Imagine having that squad, and being annoyed because they didn’t bring in the right replacements immediately. It isn't always that simple.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #15573 on: April 18, 2021, 03:21:30 pm »
It's good that for once they get a taste of their own medicine. Don't remember them complaining when they announced that they had signed Niko Kovac before the season was over and he was still at Frankfurt. It's why everyone hates Bayern. They do whatever they want, but then whinge whenever someone else does the same and they're in the receiving end.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15574 on: April 18, 2021, 03:33:25 pm »
It's good that for once they get a taste of their own medicine. Don't remember them complaining when they announced that they had signed Niko Kovac before the season was over and he was still at Frankfurt. It's why everyone hates Bayern. They do whatever they want, but then whinge whenever someone else does the same and they're in the receiving end.

yeah that’s true, how ironic it is that they are no seeing it from the other side.

I still think Flick comes across like an absolute weapon in all this though. He got handed one of the best squads in the world, and it took him about 6 months to start crying cos he didn’t get a player he wanted.

On an unrelated note, I love BVB’s retro kit today, going back to the neon and black for one match only!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15575 on: April 19, 2021, 03:08:57 pm »
Good for Bayern and Dortmund not signing up to that farce.

It's a league I've never paid attention to, mostly watching the PL, EFL and the odd La Liga game, but that's gonna change. Can't bring myself to watch any football in empty stadiums, but when fans are back (whenever that will be in Germany), I'm gonna watch some Bundesliga for the first time in my life. Maybe Dortmund or Mainz for the Klopp connection!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15576 on: April 19, 2021, 03:14:18 pm »
Good for Bayern and Dortmund not signing up to that farce.

It's a league I've never paid attention to, mostly watching the PL, EFL and the odd La Liga game, but that's gonna change. Can't bring myself to watch any football in empty stadiums, but when fans are back (whenever that will be in Germany), I'm gonna watch some Bundesliga for the first time in my life. Maybe Dortmund or Mainz for the Klopp connection!

well,  hopefully Mainz will be still in Buli next season  :-[  But at least it looks more likely now than it did after Christmas, since Bo Svensson (who played for Kloppo for a season at Mainz) took over as coach, the results have actually been amazing, so a good fighting chance of staying in the league. Mainz are a great team to follow though, one of the smaller clubs for sure.

But yes, check it out when fans are back! Loads of excellent, entertaining matches each week with passionate fanbases urging their teams on.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15577 on: April 19, 2021, 03:19:40 pm »
So what's this league like then? And who should we support?

I'm sort of drawn towards Dortmund, for obvious reasons. But BMG too. Possibly even Hamburg, tho the bastards did take Kevin off us.

Undecided, at the moment.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15578 on: April 19, 2021, 03:22:21 pm »
DN will never be so popular on RAWK ever again.  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15579 on: April 19, 2021, 03:24:25 pm »
So what's this league like then? And who should we support?

I'm sort of drawn towards Dortmund, for obvious reasons. But BMG too. Possibly even Hamburg, tho the bastards did take Kevin off us.

Undecided, at the moment.

This may be a shock to you, but Hambug are currently in the 2nd division  :P

But yeah BMG would be a very solid choice.   Links to LFC too of course. They are a great club, with a great sporting director building the right way, new head coach next season in Adi Hütter, and he coaches good football, so they should be a decent watch.

Lots of good big clubs worth cheering on though, like Werder Bremen, Eintracht Frankfurt, FC Köln (but they may get relegated AGAIN!). And some excellent smaller clubs like Mainz 05 and SC Freiburg.   Just avoid RB Leizpig, the obvious Bayern, and maybe Hoffenheim, and it is all good.

League is genereally entertaining, with nowhere near as much playacting and diving. Most teams try and play footy, without sticking 11 behind the ball.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15580 on: April 19, 2021, 03:25:24 pm »
Dortmund have always been my German team, just putting it out there.   :wave

#YellowWall

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15581 on: April 19, 2021, 03:29:28 pm »
DN will never be so popular on RAWK ever again.  ;D

;D  I’ll take it, for now  :P

Dortmund have always been my German team, just putting it out there.   :wave

#YellowWall

Yeah, there is much right about Dortmund, although I have a bit of a love hate relationship with them. But those teams Kloppo coached between 2009-2013 are some of my favourites teams ever in any sport. Built on pennies, and absolutely incredible - the football they plaid - often breathtaking.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15582 on: April 19, 2021, 03:31:15 pm »
Aye, always liked their 90's kit. I got their Champions League winning kit. It's a bit outdated but a classic. :D

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15583 on: April 19, 2021, 03:33:57 pm »
Aye, always liked their 90's kit. I got their Champions League winning kit. It's a bit outdated but a classic. :D

The yellow is a big off-putter for me, which is a shame because so much else about them I quite like.

I wonder if Klopp will return now? That would swing it for me. Otherwise BMG I think.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15584 on: April 19, 2021, 03:34:52 pm »
well,  hopefully Mainz will be still in Buli next season  :-[  But at least it looks more likely now than it did after Christmas, since Bo Svensson (who played for Kloppo for a season at Mainz) took over as coach, the results have actually been amazing, so a good fighting chance of staying in the league. Mainz are a great team to follow though, one of the smaller clubs for sure.

But yes, check it out when fans are back! Loads of excellent, entertaining matches each week with passionate fanbases urging their teams on.
Let's hope so! Just looked at the table and they look to have a good chance of staying up on the face of it (obviously I know very little about the strength and form of the teams!).

I kind of have a soft spot for Augsburg from when we played them in 2016. They made things difficult for us, and obviously Ragnar the Red played for them too. Hopefully they are safe.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Erling Haaland who I've only watched the full 90 of when we played Salzburg. The boy's a monster. Hope he will still be at Dortmund next year. Same goes for Sancho and Bellingham too.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15585 on: April 19, 2021, 03:34:53 pm »
Started 'lightly' following Werder Bremen last season when I found out my dad's side of the family hails from that area. Have always had a major soft spot for Dortmund as well and honestly, outside of Bayern, I can't think of a team I truly dislike, but that probably has more to do with my below average knowledge and familiarity with the league. Well aware that Leipzig are despised by many but I do enjoy the way they play and I'm a big fan of Nagelsmann (and Tyler Adams :)).
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15586 on: April 19, 2021, 03:36:09 pm »
The yellow is a big off-putter for me, which is a shame because so much else about them I quite like.

I wonder if Klopp will return now? That would swing it for me. Otherwise BMG I think.

Kloppo isn’t going back to any German team soon, whenever he leaves LFC he’s taking a year out - and actually doing it properly this time.

I would have been surprised if he coaches in Bundesliga again but if all this shit goes through, who knows  ;D But what I am saying is - it won’t be next season regardless!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15587 on: April 19, 2021, 03:38:48 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15588 on: April 19, 2021, 03:39:36 pm »
sending my application to Dortmund

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15589 on: April 19, 2021, 03:41:32 pm »
Started 'lightly' following Werder Bremen last season when I found out my dad's side of the family hails from that area. Have always had a major soft spot for Dortmund as well and honestly, outside of Bayern, I can't think of a team I truly dislike, but that probably has more to do with my below average knowledge and familiarity with the league. Well aware that Leipzig are despised by many but I do enjoy the way they play and I'm a big fan of Nagelsmann (and Tyler Adams :)).

I really like Werder Bremen, just something about them! Such a cool club.  I was relieved they survived last season.  FC Köln are another of the big city clubs that it’s just impossoble to dislike, they are a bit of a running joke sadly cos of their struggles and generally bonkers ways of doing stuff - but just a lovable club (with the best mascot).

Most teams have a lot of good going for them. Leipzig of course are the team everyone loves to hate for good reason. Hoffenheim are another -but that isn’t as clear cut as Leipzig, so people have differing opinions on that.

Let's hope so! Just looked at the table and they look to have a good chance of staying up on the face of it (obviously I know very little about the strength and form of the teams!).

I kind of have a soft spot for Augsburg from when we played them in 2016. They made things difficult for us, and obviously Ragnar the Red played for them too. Hopefully they are safe.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Erling Haaland who I've only watched the full 90 of when we played Salzburg. The boy's a monster. Hope he will still be at Dortmund next year. Same goes for Sancho and Bellingham too.

Yeah Augsburg should be ok this season!

It’ll be intresting actually now with these players, cos for sure they’ll be looking at what happens with the leagues and having to decide what is best for their future. But yes, I hope Haaland stays one more season.  He is something else. A one off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15590 on: April 19, 2021, 03:41:38 pm »
Well this thread will be getting a bit more popular ;D Krombacher, Erdinger, Warsteiner, Radeberger, Bitburger and Berliner among those available at the bar. Giant pretzels baked fresh every morning.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15591 on: April 19, 2021, 03:41:42 pm »
Kloppo isn’t going back to any German team soon, whenever he leaves LFC he’s taking a year out - and actually doing it properly this time.

I would have been surprised if he coaches in Bundesliga again but if all this shit goes through, who knows  ;D But what I am saying is - it won’t be next season regardless!

I can wait. I'll probably need a year out too, to wash away any residue of interest in English football.

But I am assuming Jurgen might go home earlier now. I can't believe for a moment he'd be interested in the shit being shovelled his way by FSG. ("Tell me it  ain't so Jurgen") 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15592 on: April 19, 2021, 03:43:21 pm »
Werder Breman in the 00's were a hipster's dream. Micoud, Frings, Klose etc.  8) ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15593 on: April 19, 2021, 03:43:45 pm »
Werder Breman in the 00's were a hipster's dream. Micoud, Frings, Klose etc.  8) ;D

Diego, Klasnic!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15594 on: April 19, 2021, 03:45:01 pm »
Aye mate.   ;D They were a team that you liked the way they played.  Shame that core group got broken though. But they did win the league a couple of times in that era.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15595 on: April 19, 2021, 03:46:07 pm »
Dzeko played for them didn't he?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15596 on: April 19, 2021, 03:46:54 pm »

And then Dortmund took over that Hipster role thanks to Kloppo  ;D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15597 on: April 19, 2021, 03:52:07 pm »
Jumping back on the Gladbach train for Adi (that's still happening,right?)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15598 on: April 19, 2021, 03:58:32 pm »
Jumping back on the Gladbach train for Adi (that's still happening,right?)

yeah, don't see why not! all announced by the respective clubs.

Adi to Gladbach,
Rose to Dortmund.

Been rumoured that Rangnick will go to Frankfurt.

Then Hansi Flick leaving Bayern, so maybe Nagelsmann to Bayern, then Marsch to Leipzig if that happens.

There is a lot of coaching changes going on for sure.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15599 on: April 19, 2021, 04:04:25 pm »
Dzeko played for them didn't he?

Dzeko played for Wolfsburg.