Author Topic: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall  (Read 50815 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall
« Reply #120 on: December 8, 2021, 02:56:13 pm »
Tyler Morton and Max Woltman 10 years ago.  ;D

They haven’t changed a bit
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: December 8, 2021, 05:01:46 pm »
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #122 on: December 8, 2021, 05:22:05 pm »
They haven’t changed a bit
That's pre-Klopp though, he changed them.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 8, 2021, 07:06:54 pm »
He's not going anywhere. Klopp loves this kid. Will be understudy to Fabinho.

Not yet a "lighthouse". Needs some of Goretzka's protein powder. But definitely brighter than the average bulb. How about "aircraft landing light"? Has a nice ring to it .   .    .

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #124 on: December 8, 2021, 11:35:42 pm »
He's looking promising but we should probably not get carried away just yet.

The list of Liverpool players who played between 1-24 games for the club is littered with promising young midfielders that RAWK gushed over.

In the last 15 years ago, I'm pretty sure I remember a lot of excitement about at least:

* Plessis - Killed it in debut against Arsenal - went on to play 7 games
* Rossiter - Scored on debut at 17 against Middlesbrough - Now playing for Fleetwood Town
* Stewart - Played a number of very decent games at the start of the Klopp era - Now plays for Hull

And that's without getting into the Grujics and Woodburns.

That's not to say Morton won't make it or isn't better than most of the above (prolly not as good as Grujic for now), but the level at Liverpool is unbelievably high. For now I'm pretty happy to cheer that he performs well in instances where we need someone to step in and give Fab a rest. That's already huge.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 8, 2021, 11:48:08 pm »

The list of Liverpool players who played between 1-24 games for the club is littered with promising young midfielders that RAWK gushed over.

In the last 15 years ago, I'm pretty sure I remember a lot of excitement about at least:

* Rossiter - Scored on debut at 17 against Middlesbrough - Now playing for Fleetwood Town
* Stewart - Played a number of very decent games at the start of the Klopp era - Now plays for Hull

That's not to say Morton won't make it or isn't better than most of the above (prolly not as good as Grujic for now), but the level at Liverpool is unbelievably high. For now I'm pretty happy to cheer that he performs well in instances where we need someone to step in and give Fab a rest. That's already huge.

Fun fact: I advocated for Woodburn to play the 'dead rubber' semi-final against Barca at Anfield so as to give him top game experience.

Glad I'm not a football manager.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #126 on: December 9, 2021, 12:51:54 am »
Fun fact: I advocated for Woodburn to play the 'dead rubber' semi-final against Barca at Anfield so as to give him top game experience.

Glad I'm not a football manager.

Fun fact: Redcaps friends call him “Johnny Buzzkill…”
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 9, 2021, 03:50:16 am »
Fun fact: Redcaps friends call him “Johnny Buzzkill…”

hahahaha

... you think I have friends :lmao

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #128 on: December 9, 2021, 09:45:23 am »

hahahaha

... you think I have friends :lmao

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 9, 2021, 01:46:58 pm »
Personally am pretty ready to be all in on him - think he looks very promising in all areas except physically (something Klopp shares, saying he needs a body haha). His passing technique and execution are really nice, but in recent games he's looked good turning and dribbling in tight spaces too.

Thought he was comfortably our most competent and composed midfielder of the three that started. Fabinho was a bit rusty/within himself when on too, so probably includes him too.

Hope he gets to start all the remaining domestic cup games this season - young players need all the circumstances working in their favour that they can get.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #130 on: December 9, 2021, 03:27:45 pm »
The question for him, as someone else has said, is whether he goes the Jones or Elliot route of development - stay or go a loan.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #131 on: December 9, 2021, 03:39:10 pm »

Stewart did a job but he was already 23 and he was there just to keep things solid job defensively in midfield which he did. A midfield that had been powderpuff for years which gave him a bit more credit. He was a Caulker basically, there to tide us over.

Rossiter was someone I thought was going to be really good but injuries killed him. Out for 6 months with an ankle injury in 14/15 after making a solid debut.  Then comes back and Aidy Boothroyd decided to play him 3 90 minutes in 5 days (or something stupid like that) and snapped his hamstring, to the fury of Jurgen who'd just took over. The minutes he may have got then went to Kev Stewart. Rossiter was denied his chance to impress by that dinosaur. He's had serious muscle injuries ever since.

I wonder what might have been for Rossiter had he stayed injury free and got a chance under Jurgen.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 9, 2021, 03:44:04 pm »
I thought Woodburn was going to be our version of Paul Scholes.

I used to watch him on those under 18's and under 23 games and he was always head and shoulders above everyone at 16-17 years old.

Such a shame he stagnated so badly.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 9, 2021, 07:14:10 pm »
The bar has always been set high at Liverpool for youngsters regardless of who the manager is. The arrival of Klopp has raised that bar a couple of notches. The positive thing is though, any young lad really wanting to prove himself as a top class footballer is in the right place at Anfield. Incredible coaching team & fantastic facilities, plus the best manager in the world who's not afraid to give people a chance irrespective of their age.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #134 on: December 9, 2021, 11:20:24 pm »
The question for him, as someone else has said, is whether he goes the Jones or Elliot route of development - stay or go a loan.
Klopp has said many times that he doesn't like sending his players out on loan; he prefers them to stay and learn his way of playing using his training drills and techniques and soak up the formative ambience of his club and be around his senior players. And now with everyone housed at Kirkby, to develop at his training ground.

If he had his way no player would ever go out on loan; in practice, of course, some of them have to do so, just to manage numbers and stop stragnation at various key developmental junctures. But each loan that doesn't work out - e.g Williams at Swansea currently - makes it less likely that Klopp will entrust players he has his eye on to the vagaries of the laon system.

I would say the only reason Harvey went out on loan was that he was so young and yet so far ahead of his nominal age group; an unusual situation which doesn't happen often. And that same reason was also why his loan worked out so well and he got so much game time. He was a first-team player already before he went out on loan with only his age militating against immediate first team starts at the top level (not an issue at a lower level).

Tyler is older than Harvey was and seems ready to start; only his physical stature militates against it. It's possible he could be loaned out while he grows and fills out but I doubt it. On balance I would think that Morton will go the Curtis route and stay here rather than sit on some other team's bench.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 11:25:53 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2021, 12:29:23 am »
Tyler Morton and Max Woltman 10 years ago.  ;D

Standing on the sidelines, i was thinking "these lads clearly still need some gym time"  ;D  Looked about 15.

Great to see though. Gotta love it really. CL to boot.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2021, 12:48:33 am »
Klopp has said many times that he doesn't like sending his players out on loan; he prefers them to stay and learn his way of playing using his training drills and techniques and soak up the formative ambience of his club and be around his senior players. And now with everyone housed at Kirkby, to develop at his training ground.

If he had his way no player would ever go out on loan; in practice, of course, some of them have to do so, just to manage numbers and stop stragnation at various key developmental junctures. But each loan that doesn't work out - e.g Williams at Swansea currently - makes it less likely that Klopp will entrust players he has his eye on to the vagaries of the laon system.

I would say the only reason Harvey went out on loan was that he was so young and yet so far ahead of his nominal age group; an unusual situation which doesn't happen often. And that same reason was also why his loan worked out so well and he got so much game time. He was a first-team player already before he went out on loan with only his age militating against immediate first team starts at the top level (not an issue at a lower level).

Tyler is older than Harvey was and seems ready to start; only his physical stature militates against it. It's possible he could be loaned out while he grows and fills out but I doubt it. On balance I would think that Morton will go the Curtis route and stay here rather than sit on some other team's bench.

Yeah I imagine if he got loaned to a more physical league he wouldn't get that many games. Best to just bulk up here with us.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2021, 03:32:36 pm »
Cometh the hour, cometh the Morton

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2021, 03:36:54 pm »
Remember Tyler, the first rule about shite club, is you fucking smash 'em
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2021, 04:11:22 pm »
A big opportunity for the lad, hope whatever the result he has a good game.

Would be nice to see him get an assist.  :scarf

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2021, 04:20:15 pm »
Best of luck today lad.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2021, 06:38:51 pm »
Speed of the game caught him by surprise, I think.  Strolling around a shit Milan team compared to an intense PL battle is a real step up.

Looked like he got a little more comfortable as the game went on, but I reckon a couple more cup appearances this season and a loan at a Championship team next season will be the order of the day.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 06:41:15 pm by tubby pls. »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2021, 06:40:42 pm »
I called Morton coming in days before the game. :) I was happy to see that.

I think he had a very good game, calm and composed. He would have looked even a bit more solid with two very quick CBs behind. I like what Klopp's doing with Morton, giving him opportunities at the highest level.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2021, 06:41:41 pm »
There is a player in there. Very good technique and vision but he obviously lacks a bit of physicality which is expected at his age.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2021, 06:42:30 pm »
Speed of the game caught him by surprise, I think.  Strolling around a shit Milan team compared to an intense PL battle is a real step up.

Looked like he got a little more comfortable as the game went on, but I reckon a couple more cup appearances this season and a loan at a CL team next season will be the order of the day.
Good learning experience for him.
I dont think he gets Loaned if they rate him high enough, Learn the system on the training pitch, like how Liverpool used put players on the reserves for a year or 2 then come in and look good.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2021, 06:45:35 pm »
Did okay considering.

If he's in alongside Thiago and/or Henderson it's a different game for him, rather than an undercooked Keita and Milner.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2021, 07:07:58 pm »
Did Klopp just call him Thiago Morton in the Sky interview?   :o

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2021, 07:09:17 pm »
Did as well as could be hoped in the situation.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2021, 07:16:41 pm »
Definitely struggled in moments didn't he, not an easy game to play and he'll obviously have felt the difference between playing matches like that today and ones against lower league sides and a poor AC Milan.

Still though, nice for him to get his first league start, and only playing an hour he should be fresh for the League Cup game which hopefully goes ahead. More minutes against a premier league side.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2021, 07:32:39 pm »
Not ideal playing in a cobbled together midfield away and against above average team,think he's done well in general and if he progresses as expected we'll have another gem in our hands.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2021, 07:47:07 pm »
Felt for him today but he'll learn a lot from it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2021, 08:16:49 pm »
Did Klopp just call him Thiago Morton in the Sky interview?   :o

He did, just listened to it  again.  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2021, 08:55:41 pm »
He did, just listened to it  again.  ;D
Klopp reads RAWK

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2021, 09:18:03 pm »
he wasn't good at all and was a huge problem for us in the first half..... but its also not remotely his fault.
He's 18 and only played a handful of games at the 6 I think I'm right in saying and he's been picked to play there vs one of the better counter attacking teams in the league in our set up where that role is critical.
Wasn't a great selection and given who we had avaiable I'm not sure why we didn't go 4231 from the start

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2021, 09:38:24 pm »
he wasn't good at all and was a huge problem for us in the first half..... but its also not remotely his fault.
He's 18 and only played a handful of games at the 6 I think I'm right in saying and he's been picked to play there vs one of the better counter attacking teams in the league in our set up where that role is critical.
Wasn't a great selection and given who we had avaiable I'm not sure why we didn't go 4231 from the start
Because he wasn't playing Firmino for 90 minutes or even 60, Ox has played the last 3 games in a row and didnt think it was his game.
Morton showed in other games he can play 6 roles, give him a shot for 45-60 minutes if not sub. Was a great game for him to play with need of a 6 and to learn.
He also 19 not 18.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2021, 09:53:20 pm »
Because he wasn't playing Firmino for 90 minutes or even 60, Ox has played the last 3 games in a row and didnt think it was his game.
Morton showed in other games he can play 6 roles, give him a shot for 45-60 minutes if not sub. Was a great game for him to play with need of a 6 and to learn.
He also 19 not 18.

So play Minamino not Firmino.
He’s played the 6 against very different opposition - and not with two other midfielders who were coming back from injury, one of whom (Milner) whose become awful at keeping our shape without the ball.
He was getting left on an island against some of the more effective counter attackers in the league

Don’t think any of it was his fault he was set up to fail today … and on the plus side he looks extremely tidy on the ball.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2021, 09:59:43 pm »
I'm guessing at such a late stage we didn't want to change anything beyond Morton just trying to be Henderson. Having Morton in the box on set pieces despite probably being out least effective option for us taking up Fabinho/Henderson role seemed like this as well.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:09 pm »
I thought he'd play Chamberlain to be honest. He's been decent defensively this.season and he seems to enjoy quick games. The management will know all about how fitness though and even naby/milner had to be pushed way beyond what klopp probably would have wanted. Tyler struggled but played some great balls in the first half. That one to Salah was almost perfect. It'll be great experience for him and klopp clearly rates him. Too good to go on loan probably
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2021, 10:11:05 pm »
I'm guessing at such a late stage we didn't want to change anything beyond Morton just trying to be Henderson.

Yeah good point makes sense that that’s how we got there and you can see the argument - but the 6 is so fucking hard in our system when playing vs an effective counter attacking team … oh well

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2021, 10:11:50 pm »
I think for an 18 yo playing his ever first game in the Prem on short notice away to spurs in a position normally owned by Alcantara, the lad was excellent. His passing vision's outstanding.

People really want a lot if hes supposed to perform like a 10 yr vet in those circumstances. Of course he doesnt have the physical tools to mark Kane out of the game. Kanes 6-2 185 and knows every trick in the book about losing a marker to get a half a yard.

Also they went up and over the midfield anyway, completely bypassed it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.