Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2016/17  (Read 91238 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
« Reply #1720 on: May 19, 2017, 09:26:39 am »
did you use a bench boost this week or something. why didnt you use the triple captain chip last week with a double game week?

id be looking towards city and arsenal. Jesus or Sanchez.

I did that and I think I would have done better BB last week (36) and TC either Sanchez or Kane this week (37) Massive hauls from them both

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1721 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:18 am »
I did that and I think I would have done better BB last week (36) and TC either Sanchez or Kane this week (37) Massive hauls from them both

i have really botched the triple captain both years

next year im somehow going to find a gap where i can use a wildcard prior to a double week, bench boost the double week then use the triple captain on another double game week for some player.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:29:51 am by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: May 19, 2017, 09:44:36 am »
170 points. Thanks to Kane & Son last night.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: May 19, 2017, 10:23:51 am »
So what kind of team are Chelsea going to play this weekend...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:09 am »
did you use a bench boost this week or something. why didnt you use the triple captain chip last week with a double game week?

id be looking towards city and arsenal. Jesus or Sanchez.

Used bench boost this week, wildcard the week before. 125 points this week but only 9 from the bench.

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1725 on: May 19, 2017, 10:54:39 am »
Got my best ever GW score yesterday, 176. Happy with that. Had Kane, Sanchez and Jesus. Ben Davies has been a cheap little gem these last few weeks too
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:10 am »
Used bench boost this week, wildcard the week before. 125 points this week but only 9 from the bench.
ok

well as i said Jesus or Sanchez would be my pick if i were you. depends who you have in your team of course.

id go with someone from arsenal (sanchez maybe ozil or giroud) city (jesus or aguero or maybe sane)

Liverpool the third choice here given we flunked a few similar games this season. sturridge might be a gamble for this but you never know. first off id recommend coutinho, then sturridge

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:52 am »
Got my best ever GW score yesterday, 176. Happy with that. Had Kane, Sanchez and Jesus. Ben Davies has been a cheap little gem these last few weeks too
i was going to bring him in but i heard a rumour rose was in contention for arsenal so i didnt do it

darn. i binned walker shortly after, seems to be an issue there

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1728 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:12 am »
i was going to bring him in but i heard a rumour rose was in contention for arsenal so i didnt do it

darn. i binned walker shortly after, seems to be an issue there

The one decent business I did this season was buy Davies the week Rose got injured.  Thought it woukd he a short term thing but he's been ever present since then and with him and Loris I've been getting double clean sheets at least every other week.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:04 am »
The one decent business I did this season was buy Davies the week Rose got injured.  Thought it woukd he a short term thing but he's been ever present since then and with him and Loris I've been getting double clean sheets at least every other week.
Davies has slotted in brilliantly there

Offline 50 Pence

• Kopite
« Reply #1730 on: May 19, 2017, 11:32:38 am »
Davies has slotted in brilliantly there

Very well. Had Walker and Davies until Poch started messing about a few weeks back and only played Walker every other game. Luckily it freed up a spot for Kane when he came back from injury
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: May 19, 2017, 11:37:17 am »
Very well. Had Walker and Davies until Poch started messing about a few weeks back and only played Walker every other game. Luckily it freed up a spot for Kane when he came back from injury
Walker not playing fucked things up for me once or twice. good few spurs players have weighed in this year with good hauls. usually have one of vertonghen and alderweireld but they got injured for a bit. same with rose. had walker. think i had Lloris for a while. all good hauls.

of course Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen were good too. just that Eriksen has a tendancy to go quiet for a bit. only sorry i didnt get Alli sooner. Kane got injured which is when i sold him. Son is the only one i never had. he would have been a good go too option when kane got injured. he then made it hard for poch to drop him.

some of those buys prices will be huge next year

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: May 19, 2017, 05:08:33 pm »
Is there a way to see the points totals after each game week? I'm certain I was 40-50 points clear in my private league last week. 2nd place scored 13 points more than me this week, but used 5 transfers, so -12. But going by the current table, he's only 23 points behind. Something doesn't add up.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:51 pm »
Is there a way to see the points totals after each game week? I'm certain I was 40-50 points clear in my private league last week. 2nd place scored 13 points more than me this week, but used 5 transfers, so -12. But going by the current table, he's only 23 points behind. Something doesn't add up.
minus points dont seem to be taken into account alright

thats what i hate about the highest total thing when you click on it

if its a midweek game week theres two games on tuesday and yet some gimp is on 98 points. then you click on their team and they are minus 52

should be the highest net score

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: May 19, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »
minus points dont seem to be taken into account alright

thats what i hate about the highest total thing when you click on it

if its a midweek game week theres two games on tuesday and yet some gimp is on 98 points. then you click on their team and they are minus 52

should be the highest net score

It's not their game week score that I'm arsed about. It's the overall. Net, he gained 1 point on me this week, but in the overall table, he's gained at least 20.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #1735 on: May 19, 2017, 06:37:28 pm »
It's not their game week score that I'm arsed about. It's the overall. Net, he gained 1 point on me this week, but in the overall table, he's gained at least 20.

Click on gameweek history and copy and paste the data into excel.  You'll be able to calculate the cumulative total for each week taking off the transfer costs.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1736 on: May 19, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »
Click on gameweek history and copy and paste the data into excel.  You'll be able to calculate the cumulative total for each week taking off the transfer costs.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: May 19, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »
My three strikers at the moment are Vardy, Gabbiadini and Costa.  I can't afford Kane.  Do I stick with those three or transfer one out?  Who goes and who comes in?  It's difficult to predict who will play this week.

Sturridge, Jesus or Giroud are the most obvious ones to bring in I guess.  All three of the ones I have have decent home fixtures.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: May 19, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: May 19, 2017, 10:49:05 pm »
Disastrous dbl gameweek for me. 132 points. Had worked up to it etc, and played the bench boost. My bench accumulated the sum total of about 5 points from 6 games. Walker Rashford Deeney et al.

27 games my team played! ;D Captained Sanchez at least - that worked out. Now in 189th spot. Will be hexing Bamford at Boro for Sunday. He's literally my only concern.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: May 20, 2017, 12:27:25 pm »
Alli and Eriksen out, Coutinho and Ozil in. Sanchez triple captain.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: May 21, 2017, 04:02:28 pm »
Goal for Alli, assist for Eriksen. Nothing yet from Phil or Ozil. Come on Phil lad

Offline 50 Pence

• Kopite
« Reply #1743 on: May 21, 2017, 04:47:21 pm »
Goals today for Davies, Kane, Alli, Kompany, Captain Sanchez and Jesus. Nice end to the season :)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: May 21, 2017, 08:23:54 pm »
Won my league by just 6 points! Pushed right until the end.

Had Coutinho captain - the chasing pack both went for Sanchez captain.

Had a massive stroke of luck as Giroud didn't come on so Pieters came in with 6.

First time I've ever won the league but shows just how much luck you need sometimes as one more goal from Alli or one less goal for me and I'd have just lost it!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: May 21, 2017, 08:25:24 pm »
Gabriel Jesus is going to be ridiculously expensive next season.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:07 pm »
Gabriel Jesus is going to be ridiculously expensive next season.
him, Alonso and Kane all will. Mane and Sane probably wont be cheap either.

Anyway, I scored 111 today. Kane captain obviously. Even though I've been doing average all season, the last 3 weeks have really saved me. Finshed just outside 73k, which is my best finish yet.

Until next season lads  :wave
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: May 21, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
Went minus 4 to bring in giroud. c*nt doesn't even play

Wenger out

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1748 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:21 pm »
I forgot to make any transfers or change my line up. Ended up with 70 points. High scoring week I guess.

Clung on to my spot in the RAWK top 100. Get in!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #1749 on: May 22, 2017, 09:21:07 am »
Quite proud to make the top 50 of the RAWK league, finishing in 42nd. Finished 1st in my 3 other leagues.  ;D
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: May 22, 2017, 09:26:38 am »
130 from one work league

70 from another

not a bad year

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:38 pm »
3rd in RAWK league and won my mini league by 3 points. OR of 2505. Will take that  8)

Milner is going to be expensive as fuck next season when he is listed as a defender.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:16 pm »
Still can't believe I triple captained Hazard instead of Sanchez last week, but finished over 2000 points so happy with that

Offline 50 Pence

• Kopite
« Reply #1753 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:05 pm »
Won my 3 leagues by 73, 93 and 81 points, all thanks to the crazy last 2 weeks. Shame there was no money on them!

scored 340 points in May

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: June 1, 2017, 11:42:29 pm »
Congrats to all.

179th in the end. Bit miffed. I liked the story I caught about the Everton manager who won it who didn't play one Liverpool player. I don't play our players either because I just seem to fuck them up. Determined to be more positive next season.

I miss my 10-30 minute Saturday rush to do the 'chores'. Prediction/Fantasy. Didn't get promoted or get into the top 100.  4/10.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: July 12, 2017, 12:13:14 pm »
the new season is open for registration today

the all out attack chip has been replaced

the new chip means you can change your entire squad for one week but the following week you revert back to the 15 you initially had.

good change.

my idea would have been to have a week where your vice captain and normal captain get double but hey ho

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1756 on: July 12, 2017, 12:36:44 pm »
Milner listed as a defender now. He's expensive at £6.5m, but I worked out he would have been the third highest scoring defender last season - not counting bonus which could have made him the best. And I'd expect us to keep more clean sheets this season. He's straight into my team

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: July 12, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »
Milner listed as a defender now. He's expensive at £6.5m, but I worked out he would have been the third highest scoring defender last season - not counting bonus which could have made him the best. And I'd expect us to keep more clean sheets this season. He's straight into my team
he would have got some serious points last year as one

extra point for every goal he got plus he would have got 3 extra points for every clean sheet

theres been a few other positional changes. i saw 5 on facebook page. josh king is now down as a forward

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1758 on: July 12, 2017, 01:58:25 pm »

If James Milner is straight in your team, that's a depressing way to start though :)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: July 12, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »
'Free Hit' is going to be crucial for double game weeks.

Looks like there is some good value to be had in the 6.0-6.5m range for midfielders. Choosing the right ones of these is where it's won and lost, given the differential value.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me