Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4005395 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39440 on: May 17, 2015, 01:15:06 pm »
Nail and head come to mind
Indeed. Sometimes it's like trying to stop a blizzard with a hotel standard hairdryer.....

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #39441 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:37 pm »
It's this thread that is 'out there'  and the 'main thread' that is the norm.
Pensioned off to the 'boozer' along with the 'Cat advice thread' is our destiny.
This thread was always liked by young and old and had big viewing numbers until it was shunted off because it was not really about 'football' or LFC or whatever.

It's all a load of bollocks anyway, a lot of these young fellers can't fuckin kick a ball. They should be out playing the game not drooling over some teenager from the other side of the world.
Have you tried having a laugh with some of the gobshites? Earnest young men full of self importance having sly digs at the aul  days and when you tear the back out of them you get jumped by all hands.

This thread's  eponymous hero would have had something to say about it.

John mac, and Leo and others worth reading for the music and arlarsery  alone never mind the footy.

I have said it before and now I will say it again, what has "Guess who I just met in the Asda" to do with LFC because quite a few of the "Stars" that they have met were either not in Asda  or nothing to do with football and of no importance whatsoever. 
I had an argument over football with a family member, he has not kicked a ball in his life
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:30:48 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39442 on: May 17, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »
Indeed. Sometimes it's like trying to stop a blizzard with a hotel standard hairdryer.....

can't you close the membership and then sort out the wankers, one of the first things I noted when I joined was the sense of humour and funny stories, Sometimes if you go in the political threads the pitch forks are out before it starts., The whole place needs some serious cleaning up
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39443 on: May 17, 2015, 01:44:42 pm »
My mate Albie and Supercharge in Breda last night and there again tonight. a Jazz and Blues gig.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:49:37 pm by vicgill »

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39444 on: May 17, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
My mate Albie and Supercharge in Breda last night and there again tonight. a Jazz and Blues gig.

He never looks any different does he - the mad bastard.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39445 on: May 17, 2015, 02:49:15 pm »
He never looks any different does he - the mad bastard.

he is older than me, Iam 72, see what happens when you enjoy life, as far as I know he is not married either

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39446 on: May 17, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »
he is older than me, Iam 72, see what happens when you enjoy life, as far as I know he is not married either
I remember him becoming a father - I'm sure he was playing somewhere in West Derby that night, and spent the entire night pointing at his cock.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39447 on: May 17, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »
I remember him becoming a father - I'm sure he was playing somewhere in West Derby that night, and spent the entire night pointing at his cock.

You are more than likely right Doc. I went a long time without seeing him, the last time we met we had a meal in the Pez Aspada a restaurant in or around Dale Street, although I'm not too sure about that. can you get the year about his child

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39448 on: May 17, 2015, 03:00:39 pm »
You are more than likely right Doc. I went a long time without seeing him, the last time we met we had a meal in the Pez Aspada a restaurant in or around Dale Street, although I'm too sure about that. can you get the year

It was late seventies but that's as accurate as I can be Vic.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39449 on: May 17, 2015, 03:14:46 pm »
It was late seventies but that's as accurate as I can be Vic.

Well I was invited to his house on the edge of a big park, Newsham Park I think it was, we spent all afternoon just chatting, that would be around 1986 I think but not 100% sure, come to think of it there was a girl who kept making us coffee but they never acted like man and wife.

Doc I am coming home, mid June to see my mam It's her 93rd or 94th birthday but I will have some time to catch up with mates, I think you live well out of Liverpool though

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39450 on: May 17, 2015, 03:17:09 pm »
Well I was invited to his house on the edge of a big park, Newsham Park I think it was, we spent all afternoon just chatting, that would be around 1986 I think but not 100% sure, come to think of it there was a girl who kept making us coffee but they never acted like man and wife.

Doc I am coming home, mid June to see my mam It's her 93rd or 94th birthday but I will have some time to catch up with mates, I think you live well out of Liverpool though

I do mate. I'm down in Wimbledon, but I do pop up there now and again - yer never know.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39451 on: May 17, 2015, 03:41:51 pm »
I am made up for you Leo - and I echo all the words you write in praise of our NHS. Saved me mam's life back in the late 50's - without it, her £6000 total radium treatment costs would have been way beyond our family's reach and would have put her in her grave at 34 with a broken husband and 6 kids left behind.

Any increase in National Insurance to fund our NHS has never and will never ever give me any grief - because I owe it on her behalf for those 30 extra years she had with us.

Stay fit and well matey because when this Tory bastards "early" budget comes out in July, we'll all of us be needed on the streets.

Missed that post. Nice one, Johno. They did the same for me Ma. She'd have been gone donkies years back without them. So, I've always appreciated them. And I don't want to get the soap box back out, preaching to the converted, but it drives me mad to see kunts like that lot in Westminster stealing it from under our noses.

But anyway, sunny Sunday afternoon, some old Rolling Stones playing, fuck'em, I'm staying in a good mood, at least for today.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39452 on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:40 pm »
He was joking Leo, he was on a little fishing expedition for whoppers...I'm disappointed you ended up in is net. We're still allowing people to do that on here. For now ;)
Getting slow in me dotage, I missed that an all.

Silly old bastard, I only looked at the OP, said me piece and got out. But probably best I stay out of there anyway, even if it's only for me own mental health.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39453 on: May 17, 2015, 03:53:48 pm »
Just remembered, Ronnie Goodlass was playing for Breda at the time.
Did he take the throw ins?

That was a wicked aul one, eh. And Vic.... The Pez, oh dear, that took me back. A few great Liverpool bands that never quite cracked it... Supercharge, Groundpig, and Afraid of Mice.

Afraid of Mice used to play in some alehouse by ours on a Sunday. Doors would get shut at 2 o'clock and we'd all be poured back out onto the street about 2 in the morning. Happy days. Such a shame going home and seeing loads of the proper aul alehouses gone. And whatever happened to Sing Songs... "Now, eh, Sharrew. Take it away. Clippity Clop." I used to love them

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #39454 on: May 17, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »
Sorry but I like the "Guess who I met in the Asda thread"   :wave
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39455 on: May 17, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »
Did he take the throw ins?

That was a wicked aul one, eh.
I find that offensive. And I doubt if Ronnie would applaud you for it either.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39456 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »
I find that offensive. And I doubt if Ronnie would applaud you for it either.
Ha! You near had me.
I've just been in Lidl. I could have sworn the Kadasians were in front of me. Hilarious in there, gangs of them walking round like they're on the cat walk, done up to the nines, grands worth of clobber and jewelry on them, kids called Krystal and Oscar, brilliant. IDS would have a fit.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #39457 on: May 17, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »
So if I just use that, will you get rid of Manilla Vanilla for me?
Hey, I get back from a weekend away and I find someone's taken a contract out on me!
I wouldn't mind but I think I accidentally agreed with you on something in one of my last posts.
And I don't always correct you (BTW it's Manila, not Manilla...).

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39458 on: May 17, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »
Hey, I get back from a weekend away and I find someone's taken a contract out on me!
I wouldn't mind but I think I accidentally agreed with you on something in one of my last posts.
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39459 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »
well what are you doing here

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39460 on: May 17, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »
:lmao

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #39461 on: May 17, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »
:lmao

lololol as the hitmen for kids say.

Just re watched  Walk  the Line,  then spent two hours on YouTube searching Johnny Cash.

Good movie, great music.

Only thing my girls,  12 and 10, knew was Ring of Fire ☺
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:32:44 pm by KillieRed »
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39462 on: May 17, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »
lololol as the hitmen for kids say.

Just re watched  Walk  the Line,  then spent two hours on YouTube searching Johnny Cash.

Good movie, great music.

Only thing my girls,  12 and 10, knew was Ring of Fire ☺
You shouldn't be giving chilli to kids that age.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39463 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:51 am »

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39464 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:53 am »
Not on the telly, don't miss this.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02qs82x/frankie-boyles-election-autopsy
5 minutes in, and just called back to agree wholeheartedly.

The question to Cameron and Johnson at 30.33 puts the nations journalists to shame.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:10:56 am by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #39465 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:23 pm »
Just been home for weekend and popped up to the Gold Coast for a night away and went see America performing with Sharon Corr as the supporting act. Fuck me, I'm no ex hippy and really only wanted to hear "A Horse With No Name', it was the only concert I've been to that I almost nodded off in. You can't really question their musical talent and outstanding guitar skills, but there must come a day when after 45 years performing, some fucker has the balls to tell you that you can't really hit the high notes anymore. My missus cracked me up when she whispered "This sounds like Kermit the Frog singing".

The woman two seats to my right had completely lost it, dribbling down her chin as she snoozed away. Loads of ageing hippies who were also there seemed to love it. Just to make matters worse they never sang Horse With No Name until the last song of their encore, my eyes were almost at the back of my head!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #39466 on: May 18, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »
well what are you doing here

Why am I not welcome in here?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #39467 on: May 18, 2015, 12:49:26 pm »
5 minutes in, and just called back to agree wholeheartedly.

The question to Cameron and Johnson at 30.33 puts the nations journalists to shame.
Any chance of a download link for out-of-UK-peeps? Would really like to see this....

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39468 on: May 18, 2015, 01:25:05 pm »
Why am I not welcome in here?

of course you are,  when we were moved from the main board I asked about that thread and I was told that "The Auld arses thread didn't talk about LFC much, but I said neither does that thread we are talking about. I have to say it has never been made clear why we were moved  and when I think about it I get angry. my apologies if you were upset

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39469 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:48 pm »
Any chance of a download link for out-of-UK-peeps? Would really like to see this....
I don't know mate. I just got tipped off to it. I hope you can get it.

BSBW... I went to see Bob Dylan a few years back. His voice had gone. He was more talking than singing, but I swear, it was fantastic. I first seen Bob at Blackbush back in the 70's. Like 2 different fellas, but both brilliant.

You're right, loads of them should knock it on the head. Paul McCartney's proof of that. But some of them, well, in the last few years I've seen Richard Thompson, Van Morrison and Leonard Cohen... they were all as good, if not better than ever. Have a go of this, mate...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUgTxgoyaI

I put that one up cos I fancied listening to it, but I could have put any of them on. Van was the best I've heard him in years. And Thomo had gone mad. Usually on his todd, accoustic, he had drums and bass, rocking right out.

I don't think I've seen anyone under the age of 50 in donkies. I can't remember no bad shows. In fact, seen a few of the same fellas when they were younger and they shouldn't have been on stage. Neil Young was worst, bladdered, could barely stand up, prick, few bob for a ticket, show had to be stopped after 2 numbers.... which were both Rockin in The Free World, because the drunken bastard couldn't remember what he'd done. But I think next show on the tour was at The Betty Ford. Next time I seen him, he was brilliant.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39470 on: May 18, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »
Just been home for weekend and popped up to the Gold Coast for a night away and went see America performing with Sharon Corr as the supporting act. Fuck me, I'm no ex hippy and really only wanted to hear "A Horse With No Name', it was the only concert I've been to that I almost nodded off in. You can't really question their musical talent and outstanding guitar skills, but there must come a day when after 45 years performing, some fucker has the balls to tell you that you can't really hit the high notes anymore. My missus cracked me up when she whispered "This sounds like Kermit the Frog singing".

saw their show in Sydney last friday.. do you mean the lead singer...or the one  on the piano that sings their ballads?
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39471 on: May 18, 2015, 04:34:51 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_NXwJQKeXI8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_NXwJQKeXI8</a>

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #39472 on: May 18, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »
Ha! You near had me.I've just been in Lidl. I could have sworn the Kadasians were in front of me. Hilarious in there, gangs of them walking round like they're on the cat walk, done up to the nines, grands worth of clobber and jewelry on them, kids called Krystal and Oscar, brilliant. IDS would have a fit.

years ago i went in the public toilets in Douglas and stood next to Bernie Winters at the urinal does that count for the Asda thread?

In other news i am watching this rounders stuff on ESPN it from Toronto and i have a ticket to a ball game next week during my little Toronto Whitsun vacation.

As for the main thread i am just throwing bombs in it now mainly that we are signing Charlie Austin and Ings.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39473 on: May 18, 2015, 08:42:02 pm »
I don't know mate. I just got tipped off to it. I hope you can get it.

BSBW... I went to see Bob Dylan a few years back. His voice had gone. He was more talking than singing, but I swear, it was fantastic. I first seen Bob at Blackbush back in the 70's. Like 2 different fellas, but both brilliant.

You're right, loads of them should knock it on the head. Paul McCartney's proof of that. But some of them, well, in the last few years I've seen Richard Thompson, Van Morrison and Leonard Cohen... they were all as good, if not better than ever. Have a go of this, mate...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUgTxgoyaI

I put that one up cos I fancied listening to it, but I could have put any of them on. Van was the best I've heard him in years. And Thomo had gone mad. Usually on his todd, accoustic, he had drums and bass, rocking right out.

I don't think I've seen anyone under the age of 50 in donkies. I can't remember no bad shows. In fact, seen a few of the same fellas when they were younger and they shouldn't have been on stage. Neil Young was worst, bladdered, could barely stand up, prick, few bob for a ticket, show had to be stopped after 2 numbers.... which were both Rockin in The Free World, because the drunken bastard couldn't remember what he'd done. But I think next show on the tour was at The Betty Ford. Next time I seen him, he was brilliant.

Saw Dylan in the Arena a few years back but it didn't work was too big, was chocka, but saw him more recently in Blackpool, was fucken brilliant. Highlight of the night, a proper old fashioned bootlegger must have been about 70 getting collared with a bag with recording equipment in it- Could you come this way please sir?

Have got tix to see him in the Appollo in Mancland later in  the year, reckon it'll be sound but we'll see.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #39474 on: May 18, 2015, 09:03:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z1CD1IvB78s&amp;list=PL8324565F461B0DBB&amp;index=27" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z1CD1IvB78s&amp;list=PL8324565F461B0DBB&amp;index=27</a>

The guitar may never sound as sweet again.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39475 on: May 18, 2015, 10:16:21 pm »
years ago i went in the public toilets in Douglas and stood next to Bernie Winters at the urinal
Took a chance there, mate. Wonder you never ended up in Operation Ore.

Out of order, but I can't look at any of them from back then without thinking it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39476 on: May 18, 2015, 10:33:41 pm »
The Apollo, he'll be great, John. MNE, might have been different. I listened to Thomo in an interview, and there was a great little series about Van on Radio 2 recently, 4 shows, just Van talking about his career. They both sort of said the same thing... they wrote their best stuff when they were young, but got better at playing it as they got older and enjoyed it more. Sounds about right to me. Well, last time I seen Van couple of years back, he was brilliant. But he even spoke a bit and near cracked a joke, which qualifies as gushing for that miserable aul bastard.

Haven't been to a show in a while. Julian Cope was the last one, a few months back now. It's a bit shit this B/mouth. But I'll be at Tollpuddle it's great there. It's the crowd they're great. I had a boss time last time I went. Too sick last year. But year before I got bladdered with Ricky Tomo's mate. He was gathering signatures for the Shrewsbury petition. He had a mate behind the bar, Everton shirt on him, but good lad, funny fella and I had to be poured into me van.

Jam Butty, look at me name dropping big licks, but I seen BB a couple of times. And talking of great places and crowds, I was lucky enough to go to the Newport Folk Festival when he was playing there. What a weekend that was, fantastic place to go and really lovely people, aul laid back hippies and nice easy going kids. One of the best gaffs I've ever been.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39477 on: May 18, 2015, 10:46:14 pm »
Ricky lived in Wrexham for a while,played the banjo at my brother in laws stag do, mind it was before he was famous ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39478 on: May 18, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »
Met him meself a couple of times. Me aul fella knew him, good lad Tomo. And good on yer for digging that Frankie Boyle thing up. Did you watch it, Tony? I really enjoyed it, well, as much as anyone could enjoy anything about them bastards winning

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39479 on: May 19, 2015, 12:00:26 am »
Just watching a bit of Bundeslega. Thought it was the J league. Koln v Mainz, both teams full of Japanese and Koreans. Sort of strange to see, but best watch me step. Any PC pup popping in will start going on about all old people being racists and voting for Hitler.