Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1457899 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year
« Reply #8800 on: January 19, 2021, 09:18:44 pm »
Would it not also be fair to surmise that he’s not being pushed to extend it etc and the strapping is cautionary. That everything is more cautionary in fact

This bloke is worth £75m (more now) and the possible difference between league titles. Not a builder trying to get back to work or even a lower level footballer

No chance. Outcomes for those who can't fully extend their knee early on in their rehab aren't great. Knee extension is the most important part initially and it doesn't matter how painful it is at first you get that knee straight in the first 4-6 weeks. His price tag doesn't make a jot of difference, he's working on that knee for several hours a day on a daily basis, it should be straight by now. You don't keep surgical dressings on if wounds have healed either, it's literally a waste of time.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8801 on: January 19, 2021, 09:25:22 pm »
No chance. Outcomes for those who can't fully extend their knee early on in their rehab aren't great. Knee extension is the most important part initially and it doesn't matter how painful it is at first you get that knee straight in the first 4-6 weeks. His price tag doesn't make a jot of difference, he's working on that knee for several hours a day on a daily basis, it should be straight by now. You don't keep surgical dressings on if wounds have healed either, it's literally a waste of time.

Is he getting pushed then to go on the field? Seems strange we would sanction something like that if we were worried? Unless of course we are the ones doing the pushing.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8802 on: January 19, 2021, 09:27:22 pm »
Is it? He's still got a surgical dressing on his knee which is highly unusual 11 weeks post-op. He's also still unable to fully extend his knee during weight bearing as per that video and if that was a patient of mine I'd be concerned. There's more than enough evidence for me there to say things aren't clearly going very well in his rehab.

Respectfully, it is unusual for a medical professional to attempt to diagnose a patient they have not examined and is generally considered a bit of a no no in medical circles.

We don't really know anything about how he is doing and we can't make judgments based on a few video clips.

What we do know is he will be getting the best treatment money can buy and is being looked after by brilliant professionals.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8803 on: January 19, 2021, 09:28:46 pm »
Is he getting pushed then to go on the field? Seems strange we would sanction something like that if we were worried? Unless of course we are the ones doing the pushing.

He's just doing a few keepy ups on an area of grass, not like he's doing advanced movement drills doing it, you can't keep him inside all the time ;D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8804 on: January 19, 2021, 09:29:49 pm »
Respectfully, it is unusual for a medical professional to attempt to diagnose a patient they have not examined and is generally considered a bit of a no no in medical circles.

We don't really know anything about how he is doing and we can't make judgments based on a few video clips.

What we do know is he will be getting the best treatment money can buy and is being looked after by brilliant professionals.

Ah cool, no worries, Virgil is doing brilliantly and he'll be back to save our season before you know it! No danger whatsoever, carry on :)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8805 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:38 pm »
Ah cool, no worries, Virgil is doing brilliantly and he'll be back to save our season before you know it! No danger whatsoever, carry on :)

That's not at all what I said and you know it.  Don't be silly.

I don't care what qualifications you have, if you haven't examined him then you have no idea how he is progressing and it is irresponsible to claim to be able to do so.

He will be back when our elite medical staff who work with him on a daily basis say he is ready and that's all there is to it.

No point doing your own head in either way.

Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: January 19, 2021, 09:35:34 pm »
That's not at all what I said and you know it.  Don't be silly.

I don't care what qualifications you have, if you haven't examined him then you have no idea how he is progressing and it is irresponsible to claim to be able to do so.

He will be back when our elite medical staff who work with him on a daily basis say he is ready and that's all there is to it.

No point doing your own head in either way.

He isn’t saying anything against the grain but giving an opinion based on his expertise. There is a chance none of this turns out well.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8807 on: January 19, 2021, 09:39:50 pm »

To be fair, the implications of what you're suggesting are pretty awful and the way you're posting as if it's fact is going to receive backlash. You've essentially said VVD's career is done and you've ruled out alternative views.

Having literally zero medical knowledge myself, I'd say that if what you've said is true there would be some noises from the club. I haven't seen anything suggesting the club are concerned in anyway, or even hinting at that possibility. I also don't think that Virgil himself would feel particularly motivated to post updates of his rehab if he'd been informed he's got a major problem.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #8808 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:58 pm »
He isn’t saying anything against the grain but giving an opinion based on his expertise. There is a chance none of this turns out well.

Guy got zero expertise.
Meh...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8809 on: January 19, 2021, 09:55:39 pm »
And you know this how?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8810 on: January 19, 2021, 09:56:56 pm »
Welshred has expertise and many of us appreciate a bit of informed opinion on here. He's not holding himself up to be the last word on this or any other medical subject, but like it or not he's more likely to be right than the rest of us. Don't shoot the messenger.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #8811 on: January 19, 2021, 11:21:43 pm »
I'm a bit worried following Welshred's comments (who from his previous quotes clearly knows what he is talking about). With that in mind @Welshred what would you say is the typical prognosis for someone that is at this stage in their recovery and showing the 'progress' that VVD is?

Also would you hazard a guess when he may be back and if he would be able to get back to the level he was at previously (speed, power, spring, follow-on injuries etc)? I know a lot of this is hypothetical and difficult to know without seeing detailed medical notes, but your opinion seems to have a lot more weight behind it than many of us armchair experts.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8812 on: January 19, 2021, 11:43:59 pm »

So we're going to play him up front?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8813 on: January 20, 2021, 12:04:35 am »
I have to say I’m a bit confused (doesn’t take much) but where is this surgical bandaging in the latest pictures? Can’t see it on his Instagram either.

I think although it’s fair to be cautious unless told otherwise we just have to assume (or not) that all is going fine with the rehab so far an that’s all we will know until we get another update, which to be honest we probably won’t for many months as Klopp likes to keep everything quiet as he should.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #8814 on: January 20, 2021, 12:09:25 am »
I have to say I’m a bit confused (doesn’t take much) but where is this surgical bandaging in the latest pictures? Can’t see it on his Instagram either.

I think although it’s fair to be cautious unless told otherwise we just have to assume (or not) that all is going fine with the rehab so far an that’s all we will know until we get another update, which to be honest we probably won’t for many months as Klopp likes to keep everything quiet as he should.
Here it is with the brightness enhanced. I'm not convinced it's a dressing either, possibly kinesiology tape, or maybe he has a dressing on the front of his knee and all we can see is tape on the back. Hard to tell just from that one still but maybe it's more clear on the video.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #8815 on: January 20, 2021, 12:11:17 am »
My bad, it's his other leg. You can see it on the video.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8816 on: January 20, 2021, 12:15:14 am »

Is it? He's still got a surgical dressing on his knee which is highly unusual 11 weeks post-op. He's also still unable to fully extend his knee during weight bearing as per that video and if that was a patient of mine I'd be concerned. There's more than enough evidence for me there to say things aren't clearly going very well in his rehab.

Where is the surgical dressing picture/video?

I've seen a good few pics and videos of him over the last month or so and will watch them back to be sure but I dont remember seeing any dressings on his knee in a single one. I looked because a few years ago I tore my ACL and had surgery so was quite fascinated by the injury and recovery involved

/

Good to see him looking encouraged and working hard to get back, bet he's still gutted he cant play.

Fingers crossed he gets back on schedule 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 12:19:01 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8817 on: January 20, 2021, 12:17:18 am »
Where is the surgical dressing picture/video?

I've seen a good few pics and videos of him over the last month or so and will watch them back to be sure but I dont remember seeing any dressings on his knee in a single one. I looked because a few years ago I tore my ACL and had surgery so was quite fascinated by the injury and recovery involved

He definitely had one on in the recent video.

Another RAWK user who has torn their ACL.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: January 20, 2021, 12:20:33 am »
He definitely had one on in the recent video.

Another RAWK user who has torn their ACL.

Thanks, i'll give it another watch

/

Yeah mine wasn't an unfortunate accident though, I got shoved towards someone going for a 2 footed slide tackle on the pitch. Horrible injury and a week or 2 after surgery I feel as well, worst pain i've ever felt but the surgeon was happy about it and said it was a blessing in disguise.

/

Cant blame people for hoping one of our best players is available sooner rather than later to be honest, no issue with Virgil posting what he wants to post, if there was an issue with him posting.. i'm sure the club would speak up, people take things how they want to and if some are taking it as 'he'll be back sooner', so what! It has so little impact on anything so who cares, why does it honestly matter? It doesn't
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 12:25:21 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: January 20, 2021, 12:24:01 am »
Thanks, i'll give it another watch

/

Yeah mine wasn't an unfortunate accident though, I got shoved towards someone going for a 2 footed slide tackle on the pitch. Horrible injury and a week or 2 after surgery I feel as well, worst pain i've ever felt but the surgeon was happy about it and said it was a blessing in disguise

Better than most on here, who seem to get it just by standing up. Should try walking in heeled shoes to improve their balance.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8820 on: January 20, 2021, 12:26:40 am »
My bad, it's his other leg. You can see it on the video.

Cheers. Knew it must have been there as Welshred is normally on the ball but just couldn’t see it.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: January 20, 2021, 12:29:39 am »
Better than most on here, who seem to get it just by standing up. Should try walking in heeled shoes to improve their balance.

Having done it I can see how people do it in normal everyday situations.

One of the scariest things is how much you can still do after it. I went straight back on the pitch and sprinted, turning was the issue. Had a doctor tell me it was a minor injury after an xray I knew I never needed. Coming back from it is hard, its a surreal feeling and having faith in doing everything with the knee again is tough, it feels 'off' something about it just feels odd until you work on it

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: January 20, 2021, 01:34:26 pm »
So to play an optimistic devil's advocate. Let's say his recovery isn't going well and he has had a set-back. Would he or the club want to be putting out videos like this? And on the other hand, the complete absence of anything about Gomez makes me worry about him more. Plus his leg looked unbelievably atrophied in the one picture I did see of him (Gomez). At least VVD looks to have retained a bit of musculature in his legs somehow.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8823 on: January 20, 2021, 01:36:12 pm »
So to play an optimistic devil's advocate. Let's say his recovery isn't going well and he has had a set-back. Would he or the club want to be putting out videos like this? And on the other hand, the complete absence of anything about Gomez makes me worry about him more. Plus his leg looked unbelievably atrophied in the one picture I did see of him (Gomez). At least VVD looks to have retained a bit of musculature in his legs somehow.

The sane thing to do is to not read into anything the club's socials do and try to find an ulterior motive.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #8824 on: January 20, 2021, 01:46:23 pm »
Fuck it, we're struggling up front. He's tall and could probably still out jump most. Bring him back and play him as a target man. No running needed!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: January 20, 2021, 10:35:30 pm »
Positive update from Klopp

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/423210-klopp-provides-update-on-virgil-van-dijk-injury-recovery

Before Welshred gets annoyed, posting this update is not me saying he will be back soon.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #8826 on: January 20, 2021, 10:44:13 pm »
Jurgen said put your dummy back in for a little bit.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: January 20, 2021, 10:45:21 pm »

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/423210-klopp-provides-update-on-virgil-van-dijk-injury-recovery

Before Welshred gets annoyed, posting this update is not me saying he will be back soon.
He goes on like he is Van Dijk's physio.

He has no idea how the rehab is going either.

Van Dijk seems to be doing well. I think he'll play at the Euro's. How risky that will be I dont know

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:51 pm »
Jürgen Klopp described Virgil van Dijk's ongoing injury rehabilitation as 'very promising' but there remains no timeframe for the defender's comeback.

The Liverpool No.4 is now three months into his recovery from knee ligament damage and is in upbeat spirits as he works towards full fitness.

Klopp most recently checked in with Van Dijk on Wednesday morning and later, during his pre-Burnley media previews, was asked if the Dutchman is likely to play this season.

“I don’t know what is possible and what is not possible; I don’t think I’m the right person to judge that 100 per cent,” the Reds boss responded.

“He looks really good. I spoke to him this morning, I had him on the phone – he is in a really good mood. So it’s all very promising. But I don’t know when he will be back.

“There are for sure a lot of stages still to go over or pass or whatever. That’s clear. I had this injury myself.

“But for the time we are in and for how long he is out now, how long the rehabilitation is going on, he looks really, really promising. But that’s all.”

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #8829 on: January 20, 2021, 10:59:25 pm »
“There are for sure a lot of stages still to go over or pass or whatever. That’s clear. I had this injury myself.

Oh great, another "I did my ACL too" expert in Klopp.

Could do with a meniscus tear in the squad so I can chime in with my experience.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8830 on: January 20, 2021, 11:21:19 pm »
Have any of these fuckers damaged their knee ligaments swinging in the school gate before the game even started? Let me know when they do and I’ll come back and drop some real knowledge.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8831 on: January 20, 2021, 11:35:22 pm »

Not yanking your chain, KH, but that's nothing new from Klopp. "Ox is in a good way", two months later no sign of him. Same for Thiago, Naby, and the list goes on and on. I think Klopp is taking the pressure off the injured players and lets them come back when they are truly ready.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8832 on: January 20, 2021, 11:59:07 pm »
In a good way means recovery is high as planned and that’s it.

Sorry.

I mena, that’s good news in itself, but he’s not yet been out 3 months.  It takes about that long for the new ligaments to form on the grafts iirc.

The. You actually start the hard work....

He’s a long way away, but he’s in good spirits and he’s had no setbacks.

And we should be very grateful for that and not make it something it really isn’t.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: January 21, 2021, 12:47:27 am »
In a good way means recovery is high as planned and that’s it.

Sorry.

I mena, that’s good news in itself, but he’s not yet been out 3 months.  It takes about that long for the new ligaments to form on the grafts iirc.

The. You actually start the hard work....

He’s a long way away, but he’s in good spirits and he’s had no setbacks.

And we should be very grateful for that and not make it something it really isn’t.

True but when there's an expert telling us that it's not looking good because he has a bandage on, it's pleasing to read Klopp being relatively positive about things.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8834 on: January 21, 2021, 01:10:31 am »
Jurgen said put your dummy back in for a little bit.

Idiotic posts like this are why people with insight are driven away from RAWK.

I might not always agree with Welshred, but he is better qualified to post an opinion on VVD's rehab than 99.99% of posters on here. His knowledge is a massive asset to this site.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8835 on: January 21, 2021, 01:12:49 am »

He's gonna be back by April!!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8836 on: January 21, 2021, 01:20:43 am »
He's gonna be back by April!!

I think he'll be back even before that, in August.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8837 on: January 21, 2021, 03:40:43 am »
I wish Klopp had addressed the surgical tape. 

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8838 on: January 21, 2021, 03:43:02 am »
Do we know when the video was made?

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #8839 on: January 21, 2021, 08:54:00 am »
Idiotic posts like this are why people with insight are driven away from RAWK.

I might not always agree with Welshred, but he is better qualified to post an opinion on VVD's rehab than 99.99% of posters on here. His knowledge is a massive asset to this site.

Haha drive away all you like fella, you burn peoples heads out.

God forbid anyone disagrees or has a different opinion to him, it’s a forum ffs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:23:57 am by Scouser-Tommy »